ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 28th April 2007, 01:25 AM   #1
ref
Master Poster

Kevin Barrett going to Morocco to make a fool of himself

http://www.911blogger.com/node/8162

Quote:
Dr. Barrett will be traveling to Morocco May 6th to apprehend accused 9/11 hijacker Waleed al-Shehri, who, after allegedly stabbing a stewardess on a flight that crashed into the World Trade Center, returned to Casablanca and has reportedly been working as a pilot there ever since.

Barrett voiced his outrage that such a brutal, ruthless terrorist has been allowed to commit mass murder and suicide—and walk away scot free. “Waleed al-Shehri, I’m coming to get you!” Barrett vowed. “I don’t know how you got out of that plane alive, but that was the last miraculous escape you’ll ever make. You’re coming back to the US in handcuffs with me to face charges of mass murder and terrorism.”
Quote:
According to Dr. Barrett, strong evidence indicates that the accused hijackers Waleed al-Shehri and Wail al-Shehri are indeed the sons of the Ahmed al-Shehri (alternative Roman alphabet spellings include Alshehri, al-Shri, etc.) who is a senior Saudi diplomat in Bombay, India. One of Ahmed’s sons is Waleed al-Shehri who has been protesting his innocence from Casablanca. This Waleed says he, like the alleged 9/11 suicide hijacker, has a brother named Wail, attended Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, Florida—and that the picture of the alleged suicide hijacker offered by the 9/11 Commission is indeed a picture of him.
Quote:
These facts, Dr. Barrett says, makes mincemeat of the report that the actual suicide hijackers were a different pair of brothers named Waleed and Wail al-Shehri. “Excuse me, but I think this guy knows his own photo,” Dr. Barrett said. “And what are the odds that there were two guys with identical photos who not only had the same name, but also had brothers named Wail, and who trained at the same flight school at the same time? And what are the odds that, if this were true, the situation would not even be mentioned, much less investigated, by the 9/11 Commission? Anyone who believes the BS about a second pair of brothers might as well blame 9/11 on Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.”
Does he still believe he has the right country?

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2007, 02:09 AM   #2
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Barret's out of his mind, frankly. He now offers direct links to things that prove he's a liar.

In that 911Blogger story he states:

Quote:
What a load of hrse-sht! The Der Spiegal writer, too cowardly to sign his name, is either too stupid to know, or too dishonest to admit, what any first-year Arabic student understands:....

Yet he provides a link to the article in 2003, which was the cover story, and thus like a lot of Time or Newsweek articles worked on by many people, and which on the last screen LISTS THE REPORTERS.

Quote:
DOMINIK CZIESCHE, JÜRGEN DAHLKAMP, ULRICH FICHTNER, ULRICH JAEGER, GUNTHER LATSCH, GISELA LESKE, MAX F. RUPPERT

Translated by Christopher Sultan
Link to article: http://www.spiegel.de/international/...265160,00.html

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2007, 09:15 AM   #3
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
He now offers direct links to things that prove he's a liar.

Evidence that it's a lie and not a mistake? His argument stands, why do you ommit it?

Quote:
If Bülow had inquired with the airline, he would have discovered that the name of the pilot who lives in Casablanca is Walid al-Shri and not, like that of the assassin, Walid al-Shari. This minor detail makes a big difference, namely the difference between a dead terrorist and a living innocent man. But to conspiracy theorists, discovering the truth is like solving a crossword puzzle for children: What's a four-letter word for a domesticated animal? Hrse.

What a load of hrse-sht! The Der Spiegal writer, too cowardly to sign his name, is either too stupid to know, or too dishonest to admit, what any first-year Arabic student understands: The same Arabic name can be transliterated in various ways. Al-Shahri, al-Shehri, al-Shari, etc. are one and the same name in Arabic, and this name is transliterated as al-Shri in Morocco, where pronunciation and transliteration tends to be heavily elided.

Bolding mine. I remember the DER SPIEGEL hit piece very well. It was written on the peak of (active) 911 skepticism in Germany. We had a lot of fun with articles like this and "debunkers" on message boards back in the days. I remember a priceless radio debate one year earlier between one of the authors, Ulrich Fichtner, and Mathias Bröckers (in case someone is interested - i have the mp3).

2003 also was the year when DER SPIEGEL eventually discredited itself completely and since then is refered to as "the former news magazine" by informed observers. That's a pity, the magazine was the bastion of investigative journalism in Germany for decades, but after Rudolf Augstein died and Stefan Aust took over, it slowly but surely degenerated into a mouthpiece for the new imperialism and "war on terror" idiocy.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2007, 09:28 AM   #4
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

What slays me are the paranoid responses in the comments over there:

Quote:
Kevin, this is a great idea... but don't tell everyone your plans in detail!

They guys we're up against are serious and evil people. Be careful...
Quote:
Come on people. We have to be more careful.
Don't we all come here to Blogger first thing each morning?
So do "they".
No upcoming actions of this sort should be announced in advance.
Quote:
You guys need to realize that we are endangering both of these people's lives. This is not something to brag about, yet. What if something happens to them?! They will then make it seem like an accident. Come on! Please. Am I rational here?
Quote:
If you're this concerned--and you could be right--, then click the "contact us" under our logo and email any of the mods. They might not see your post in a timely fashion.
This sort of reveals the flaw in Barrett's plan to be the funnyman of 9-11 Denial.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2007, 09:30 AM   #5
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Barrett should read 9/11 myths.

http://www.911myths.com/html/waleed_...ill_alive.html

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links

Last edited by Gravy; 28th April 2007 at 09:32 AM.
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2007, 09:30 AM   #6
The Silver Shadow
Graduate Poster

I didn't know that Kevin Barrett wanted to re-enact the story of Don Quixote
I've accomplished more without film school than most people, such as yourself, will EVER accomplish. Period. Jealousy is a bitch, and I'm sorry you're experiencing it, but don't spew ******** like that and expect to not be corrected. This is why you were banned from my forums in the first place.
- Dylan Avery on the budget of his film.
The Silver Shadow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2007, 09:32 AM   #7
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Evidence that it's a lie and not a mistake? His argument stands, why do you ommit it?

Bolding mine. I remember the DER SPIEGEL hit piece very well. It was written on the peak of (active) 911 skepticism in Germany. We had a lot of fun with articles like this and "debunkers" on message boards back in the days. I remember a priceless radio debate one year earlier between one of the authors, Ulrich Fichtner, and Mathias Bröckers (in case someone is interested - i have the mp3).

2003 also was the year when DER SPIEGEL eventually discredited itself completely and since then is refered to as "the former news magazine" by informed observers. That's a pity, the magazine was the bastion of investigative journalism in Germany for decades, but after Rudolf Augstein died and Stefan Aust took over, it slowly but surely degenerated into a mouthpiece for the new imperialism and "war on terror" idiocy.
I didn't cite the whole piece because THERE IS A LINK TO IT and unlike some frequent flyers around here, I assume the members and visitors to this spot can read. I cited the part that proved him a liar. I said, "he's a liar". I provided a link (which he provided) to the article, and I snipped the names of all the contributors to the piece.

So let's give Barrett the benefit of the doubt? What doubt? He said that the author was an anonymous coward, and he said it two days ago. Yet the current link shows there was no anonymity. The current link THAT HE PROVIDED.

This is a pretty basic equation. You call someone something, you prove it. I did so. Barrett did not. Q.E.D.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2007, 09:34 AM   #8
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

This has been asked before, but does he have a visa? "I'd like to come visit your country to come find a dead guy who's not really dead, but who's a stooge for the CIA and aided them in trying to take over the world."
Where do you put that on the application?

Old 28th April 2007, 09:34 AM   #9
Quad4_72
AI-EE-YAH!

Wow that is some insane stuff.
Looks like the one on top has a magazine, thus needs less reloading. Also, the muzzle shroud makes it less likely for a spree killer to burn his hands. The pistol grip makes it more comfortable for the spree killer to shoot. thaiboxerken
Quad4_72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2007, 10:32 AM   #10
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2007, 10:36 AM   #11
Civilized Worm
Graduate Poster

I can't wait to see how this pans out.
Civilized Worm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2007, 11:00 AM   #12
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Old 28th April 2007, 11:05 AM   #13
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

This is a pretty basic equation. You call someone something, you prove it. I did so. Barrett did not. Q.E.D.

No you didn't. Why should he provide a link to the article when he consciously lied? That makes no sense. He made a mistake on an irrelevant detail (and i agree that that doesn't show him in a good light and was easily avoidable), but his argument stands.

I too am curious to see how this develops.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2007, 11:11 AM   #14
JamesB
Master Poster

No you didn't. Why should he provide a link to the article when he consciously lied? That makes no sense. He made a mistake on an irrelevant detail (and i agree that that doesn't show him in a good light and was easily avoidable), but his argument stands.

Well you have a certain point, it is hard to tell when a truther "consciously lied" and when they are just being a blithering idiot. To quote the great Jim Fetzer:

Quote:
Since I believe every word I say, I can't possibly be lying. If you are going
to slander people, you ought to get your concepts straight.
Barrett is still leading a joke of an investgation. He is completely avoiding the fact that the FBI photo of Waleed, does not look anything like the Waleed he is trying to find in Morocco. The hijacker Waleed was not a pilot, he was the muscle, the pilot on AA11 was Mohammed Atta.
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2007, 11:14 AM   #15
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

there is a difference in lieing and telling untruths that you believe in.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2007, 02:03 PM   #16
pomeroo
Banned

Quote:

While we're waiting, perhaps you can clear up a small conceptual issue that's been troubling me.

The Impossibly Vast Conspiracy invented hijackers to hide the monstrous, motiveless crime they perpetrated. Barrett is searching for a real, flesh-and-blood human. Explain.

Let me make this a bit more clear. There were no actual hijackers. We won't wonder why the IVC sort of, kind of, "forgot" to make any of their imaginary hijackers Iraqis or Afghanis: We'll simply assume that it slipped their minds. Anyway, the IVC selects an Arab name for each hijacker and attaches it to a photo of a random Arab.

1) Do you suppose they would permit the random Arab connected to the fictitious name to remain alive?

2) Why would they do this?

3) If Barrett discovers an Arab with same name as the fictitious hijacker who doesn't resemble the photo, what exactly has he proved?

4) If all the hijackers were killed in the plane crashes, anyone Barrett discovers wasn't, by definition, one of those hijackers. Again, what exactly has he proved?

5) Barrett claims that there were no hijackers, so he is trying to find a surviving hijacker. Huh? What did the person he's looking for survive?

6) Barrett's best-case scenario, the most he can hope for--and it is wildly implausible, is this: he locates a man with the same name as one of the alleged hijackers and the guy resembles the photo of that hijacker. The Impossibly Vast Conspiracy admits it may have made an error in this ONE instance, but the identities of the other eighteen are rock-solid. What next?

7) Before you start searching for other "living" hijackers, return to questions 1 and 2.

8) Do you see a problem here?
pomeroo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2007, 03:06 PM   #17
Hawk one
Emperor of the Internet

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
Well you have a certain point, it is hard to tell when a truther "consciously lied" and when they are just being a blithering idiot.
It's especially hard to tell when the alternatives are

a) He didn't read the article he's cited, thus believed the untruth he just told.

and

b) He did read the article, but put up the obvious lie and figured he wouldn't get caught on it.

I mean, what is more stupid? Not reading the article you're supposed to have read, or to lie about it and hope nobody notices?

If only health care was like video games. Then the ones who could pay for it would get it, and the ones who couldn't would die, like nature intended for people without money. A perfect system, right? RIGHT?
Hawk one is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 01:34 AM   #18
ref
Master Poster

Knowing their lack of investigative capabilities, I still have to wonder, if he has the right country? I'm sure he hasn't been in contact with the person he is looking for.

The last reports of his whereabouts are from 2003 I think? And what was he doing in Casablanca in the first place? He was undergoing flight training for Saudi and Moroccan airlines that wanted to set up a link between the two countries. And after all, he is a Saudi man.

Now, I don't know if they have made further contacts to investigate his current whereabouts, but based on that information alone, I wouldn't be too confident in finding that person from Morocco anymore.

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 03:04 AM   #19
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

Troother Road Movie?
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 03:10 AM   #20
hurdygurdy
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Brainache View Post
Troother Road Movie?
Not Without My Bong Pipe.

With the recents bombings in Casablanca, he couldn't had chosen a worse time for his trip. Lots of policemen everywhere.
hurdygurdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 03:30 AM   #21
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

This just in..... beep-dee-deep.... Breaking news.

Kevin Barrett is full of s***. I remembered somewhere a vague connection that I just followed up on. (Google is our friend!)

He's married to a Moroccan. It's their frakkin' vacation? He's studied in Morocco. It's a sabattical?

Any number of things. The least likely of which to be that he's turned bounty hunter!

Old 29th April 2007, 03:38 AM   #22
ref
Master Poster

This just in..... beep-dee-deep.... Breaking news.

Kevin Barrett is full of s***. I remembered somewhere a vague connection that I just followed up on. (Google is our friend!)

He's married to a Moroccan. It's their frakkin' vacation? He's studied in Morocco. It's a sabattical?

Any number of things. The least likely of which to be that he's turned bounty hunter!
So he is doing his yearly trip to Morocco. His vacation or whatever with his wife. He wants some hype, so he adds a little extra with a story of an alive hijacker, making it seem like the purpose of the trip is finding him. In reality, he does his yearly trip to Morocco, comes back tanned, no attempts of finding anybody. Explanation, he tried but couldn't find anyone. Reality, he was on a vacation like many times before.

Sound plausible?

Old 29th April 2007, 03:44 AM   #23
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by ref View Post
So he is doing his yearly trip to Morocco. His vacation or whatever with his wife. He wants some hype, so he adds a little extra with a story of an alive hijacker, making it seem like the purpose of the trip is finding him. In reality, he does his yearly trip to Morocco, comes back tanned, no attempts of finding anybody. Explanation, he tried but couldn't find anyone. Reality, he was on a vacation like many times before.

Sound plausible?
[Troofer] You people can't believe anything that's not in the NIST! Leave it to you JREF types to put such a ridiculous spin on things. Why would a guy who has a Moroccan wife and who's studied in Morocco and who teaches Islamic studies go to Morocco if not to find the truth hidden by the NWO conspiracy? You guys make me sick! [/Troofer]

Old 29th April 2007, 08:36 AM   #24
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

I love how useless Conspiracy Theorists are... it's like stealing candy from a baby... but the baby has no arms or legs and is blind.

-Gumboot

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 11:21 AM   #25
A-Train
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by pomeroo View Post
1) Do you suppose they would permit the random Arab connected to the fictitious name to remain alive?

2) Why would they do this?

3) If Barrett discovers an Arab with same name as the fictitious hijacker who doesn't resemble the photo, what exactly has he proved?

4) If all the hijackers were killed in the plane crashes, anyone Barrett discovers wasn't, by definition, one of those hijackers. Again, what exactly has he proved?

5) Barrett claims that there were no hijackers, so he is trying to find a surviving hijacker. Huh? What did the person he's looking for survive?

6) Barrett's best-case scenario, the most he can hope for--and it is wildly implausible, is this: he locates a man with the same name as one of the alleged hijackers and the guy resembles the photo of that hijacker. The Impossibly Vast Conspiracy admits it may have made an error in this ONE instance, but the identities of the other eighteen are rock-solid. What next?

7) Before you start searching for other "living" hijackers, return to questions 1 and 2.

8) Do you see a problem here?

If you read the entire post on 911blogger, it will be obvious to you that Barrett is only being humorous about the whole thing. He doesn't really intend to seek out Waleed al-Shehri, he is only using the opportunity to make a point about the fraudulence of the government's allegations of who the hijackers really were.

By now, no one disputes that there is a Waleed al-Shehri who is or was in Morocco whom the government initially implicated as being one of the hijackers. Defenders of the official story, however, now claim that this was only a case of mistake identity, and that there was another set of al-Shehri brothers who were the real hijackers.

Barrett ridicules this assertion.

Quote:
"These facts, Dr. Barrett says, makes mincemeat of the report that the actual suicide hijackers were a different pair of brothers named Waleed and Wail al-Shehri. “Excuse me, but I think this guy knows his own photo,” Dr. Barrett said. “And what are the odds that there were two guys with identical photos who not only had the same name, but also had brothers named Wail, and who trained at the same flight school at the same time? And what are the odds that, if this were true, the situation would not even be mentioned, much less investigated, by the 9/11 Commission? Anyone who believes the BS about a second pair of brothers might as well blame 9/11 on Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.”

That's you, pomeroo, and ref, and Binglybert, that he's referring to with the part about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

To the rest of us, the facts show that someone stole the identities of the two still-alive al-Shehhri brothers, and then assumed those identities while boarding AAL11 and carrying out the hijackings.

To us, the too-convenient story of another set of al-Shehhri brothers showing up needs more scrutiny. So Barrett is only applying the requisite skepticism that should have been applied by the media and the 9/11 Commission in the first place.

Quote:
"Barrett went further, calling the reports blaming a second Waleed and Wail al-Shehri “among the lamest disinformation efforts ever produced by any intelligence agency, anywhere.” A brief, extremely general story about the allegedly guilty second pair of brothers surfaced in the Saudi media following September 11th. “It reads like an intelligence agency press release,” Barrett said. “No biographical details, no extensive interviews, nada. Just a couple of paragraphs replete with generalities.”
A-Train is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 11:26 AM   #26
~enigma~
Banned

Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
If you read the entire post on 911blogger, it will be obvious to you that Barrett is only being humorous about the whole thing. He doesn't really intend to seek out Waleed al-Shehri, he is only using the opportunity to make a point about the fraudulence of the government's allegations of who the hijackers really were.

By now, no one disputes that there is a Waleed al-Shehri who is or was in Morocco whom the government initially implicated as being one of the hijackers. Defenders of the official story, however, now claim that this was only a case of mistake identity, and that there was another set of al-Shehri brothers who were the real hijackers.

That's you, pomeroo, and ref, and Binglybert, that he's referring to with the part about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

To the rest of us, the facts show that someone stole the identities of the two still-alive al-Shehhri brothers, and then assumed those identities while boarding AAL11 and carrying out the hijackings.

To us, the too-convenient story of another set of al-Shehhri brothers showing up needs more scrutiny. So Barrett is only applying the requisite skepticism that should have been applied by the media and the 9/11 Commission in the first place.
Ah...so Barrett is lying...thanks for clearing that up A-Train
~enigma~ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 11:35 AM   #27
The Silver Shadow
Graduate Poster

Waleed is a common first name. al-Shehri is a common last name. I know a guy named Waleed here, he has a different last name but he is from Morocco as well. Imagine a bank robber named John Smith was on the loose, if there was a guy living in New Jersey named John Smith, where incidentally, the bank robber is from, does that mean it is necessarily THE John Smith who was the bank robber? The same can be applied to Waleed al-Shehri.
I've accomplished more without film school than most people, such as yourself, will EVER accomplish. Period. Jealousy is a bitch, and I'm sorry you're experiencing it, but don't spew ******** like that and expect to not be corrected. This is why you were banned from my forums in the first place.
- Dylan Avery on the budget of his film.
The Silver Shadow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 11:42 AM   #28
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Yes I agree, Barrett is just full of talk, listen to video of him talking, not a single piece of evidence. Like most truthers, they talk and never take action. They believe but never have facts. They, all the truthers, have yet to produce a fact or any facts on 9/11 to support their ideas on 9/11.

It is a perfect record. And Barrett will fail to mess up this perfect record of no facts on 9/11. Is Barrett at the bottom of the food chain for 9/11 experts with no facts? Not sure how you can rate the bottom since all of the experts have zero facts, but after suffering the slings and arrows of his rhetoric and thin propaganda, he could be the rotten, fact less foundation of 9/11 "truth" movement. Listen to his many video cuts, no facts yet.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 01:00 PM   #29
Civilized Worm
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by hurdygurdy View Post
Not Without My Bong Pipe.

With the recents bombings in Casablanca, he couldn't had chosen a worse time for his trip. Lots of policemen everywhere.

Maybe that's what he's going to investigate? After all Barrett doesn't believe in any islamic terrorism. And apparently we're the ones who "believes the BS".
Civilized Worm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 01:15 PM   #30
JamesB
Master Poster

Barrett has mentioned this on numerous occassions, including his radio program last night. He is serious about that. Of course when he meets the guy and finds out that he looks nothing like the hijacker, I am sure we will all hear, "I was just kidding".
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 01:38 PM   #31
Slayhamlet
Master Poster

Ah, "Truthers" harrassing innocent people. What else is new?
Slayhamlet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 01:57 PM   #32
pomeroo
Banned

Quote:

Oh, sorry! Your answer is...incorrect. Let's find out how much you wagered.

http://911myths.com/html/what_s_new_.html
pomeroo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2007, 04:21 PM   #33
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by pomeroo View Post
Oh, sorry! Your answer is...incorrect. Let's find out how much you wagered.

http://911myths.com/html/what_s_new_.html
Thanks, Ron. Shudda gone looking for Mike's stuff. I didn't realize he'd be on this so early, as he usually takes his time (and waits 'til it reaches urban legend nonsense levels).

So, I take back my "KB's full of s*** " comment. Well, he's full of it, but just not on this issue, perhaps.

I should add a caveat.... I still think there's a very real possibility that this was a scheduled visit, either for personal or academic reasons, and he decided to embroider the crap out of it.

A-Train - thanks for the launch into fantasy. You had me going there for a minute. The story is so absurd that I could see it being a spoof. I mean Kevin's got that rollicking sense of humor so well evidenced in his writings.

Old 30th April 2007, 01:13 AM   #34
ref
Master Poster

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Is Barrett at the bottom of the food chain for 9/11 experts with no facts? Not sure how you can rate the bottom since all of the experts have zero facts
That one cracked me up

Old 30th April 2007, 07:48 PM   #35
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

OK. I decided to investigate this myself since Kevin Barrett lives right down the street from me here in Toronto. I dropped by after work today and asked him if he was planning to go to Morocco and he said no. So it's not true.
Old 15th May 2007, 02:48 AM   #36
ref
Master Poster

Okay. Where is the alive hijacker, Barrett? It has been more than a week since you left to Morocco to arrest him. Where is he? Where is your report of this trip? I see nothing at mujca.com. Could it be that this trip was always going to be a failure? Are we going to see a report?

Old 15th May 2007, 07:52 AM   #37
Par
Master Poster

• That which is convenient is unlikely.
  • X is evidence that explains away a potential anomaly in the official account of 9/11.
  • Therefore X is convenient.
  • Therefore X is unlikely.

Now there’s a bug-bear of mine. I see conspiracy theorists employing that sort of dubious reasoning – well – more than I’d like. The thing to take away from this is that the (distinctly subjective) concept of convenience is not a factor that has any entanglement with those of probability, truth and reality. The rather existential and indifferent physical universe is not a conscious entity and thus not in the business of actively manifesting events that pose an inconvenience; so, something being (for some) convenient has no bearing on the probability of whether it is true or real. Given that it cannot provide us with any useful epistemological data, how convenient something is or is not is really quite irrelevant.

Last edited by Par; 15th May 2007 at 08:12 AM.
Par is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2007, 08:14 AM   #38
JamesB
Master Poster

Okay. Where is the alive hijacker, Barrett? It has been more than a week since you left to Morocco to arrest him. Where is he? Where is your report of this trip? I see nothing at mujca.com. Could it be that this trip was always going to be a failure? Are we going to see a report?
He said he was going to be gone 3 weeks. I guess they don't have Internet in Morocco.
-David Ray Griffin-
Old 15th May 2007, 08:29 AM   #39
bje
Graduate Poster

Hmmm.... Could this be about Barrett?
bje is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2007, 08:43 AM   #40
ref
Master Poster

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
He said he was going to be gone 3 weeks. I guess they don't have Internet in Morocco.
I just had to find the stats.

http://www.internetworldstats.com/africa.htm#ma

MA - 30,534,870 population - Country Area: 458,730 sq km
4,600,000 Internet users as of Sept/06, 15.1% of the population, per ITU.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories