ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 4th May 2009, 04:15 PM   #121
Pogo
Scholar

Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
You are obviously not trying.

You must be kidding ... I've NEVER said I had a link, (Please show me where, or quit lying) although there have been many in the past I am told.
Then ask the person who told you where the 'many' are.
Pogo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2009, 04:44 PM   #122
Farencue
Critical Thinker

Why dont you start your own website Professor, you could call it something like oh I dunno how about stopjamesrandi.com - yeah thats an idea!

I mean, you have a team of writers and you are super intelligent when it comes to digging up the truth on Mr Randi. Nobody can even come close to you in the brains department. You have impressed me greatly since I came to this forum. Why people just dont take your word after all the facts you present I dont quite understand. Im sure some people would be happy to hear you out, without all this pettiness like wanting links and things and wasting your precious time.

I also dont think you would have too many snarky bashers using their twisted logic on your website trying to cover up your discoveries about Mr Randi because it is YOUR website and you could do what you want, write what you want - without any moderation from people who are in cahoots with Mr Randi.

You could really get your message out there with such a website, especially your important ones like the MDC is a sham and all the other conspiracies that could be going on behind the scenes here at JREF.

I predict you would be king of the castle with plenty of loyal subjects and Im sure that would be much better for your wellbeing.
Farencue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2009, 05:06 PM   #123
desertgal
Illuminator

A skeptic or critical thinker would listen to the evidence, weigh the evidence, and then make up his own mind.
How would you know?

Quote:
<snip> I could be wrong but I doubt it.
I don't.

Quote:
Am I the only skeptic here?
No. The only pseudo skeptic.

Quote:
All of you have never heard the evidence then? Or none of you?
None of us have never heard the evidence?
Old 4th May 2009, 05:25 PM   #124
The Professor
Banned

Originally Posted by Farencue View Post
Why dont you start your own website Professor, you could call it something like oh I dunno how about stopjamesrandi.com - yeah thats an idea!

I mean, you have a team of writers and you are super intelligent when it comes to digging up the truth on Mr Randi. Nobody can even come close to you in the brains department. You have impressed me greatly since I came to this forum. Why people just dont take your word after all the facts you present I dont quite understand. Im sure some people would be happy to hear you out, without all this pettiness like wanting links and things and wasting your precious time.

I also dont think you would have too many snarky bashers using their twisted logic on your website trying to cover up your discoveries about Mr Randi because it is YOUR website and you could do what you want, write what you want - without any moderation from people who are in cahoots with Mr Randi.

You could really get your message out there with such a website, especially your important ones like the MDC is a sham and all the other conspiracies that could be going on behind the scenes here at JREF.

I predict you would be king of the castle with plenty of loyal subjects and Im sure that would be much better for your wellbeing.
Yes ... I guess i could, but that is not my goal.

I want to be tested for the Million Dollar Challenge.

There are crazy inuendo's about James Randi and perhaps that's the reason?
The Professor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2009, 05:27 PM   #125
The Professor
Banned

Originally Posted by desertgal View Post
How would you know?

I don't.

No. The only pseudo skeptic.

None of us have never heard the evidence?
If you've never heard the evidence then how could you possibly be skeptical (Or supportive) about ANYTHING?

That's just not LOGICAL.
The Professor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2009, 05:38 PM   #126
Farencue
Critical Thinker

What IS your goal Professor?

I have read many of your postings which appear to debunk Mr Randi.

A website would be the way to get your message out if that is the purpose of your postings.

Last edited by Farencue; 4th May 2009 at 06:26 PM. Reason: typo
Farencue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2009, 06:04 PM   #127
jimtron
Illuminator

Quote:
I want to be tested for the Million Dollar Challenge.
But you don't have a paranormal ability, do you? If so, what exactly is it?
jimtron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2009, 06:31 PM   #128
desertgal
Illuminator

If you've never heard the evidence then how could you possibly be skeptical (Or supportive) about ANYTHING?

That's just not LOGICAL.
As usual, your logic fails.

YOU are the one accusing Randi of being a pedophile. I'm not.
Old 4th May 2009, 06:55 PM   #129
Jeff Corey
New York Skeptic

And I wonder why this happened (if it really did), from the JREF section, "Questions for James Randi, the "Professor", "I called Randi directly and he did what many would call "dodging" the questions by hanging up."
Jeff Corey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2009, 07:51 PM   #130
Farencue
Critical Thinker

well Jeff, that would certainly be more material for the Professor's website wouldnt you agree?
Old 4th May 2009, 07:58 PM   #131
Cavemonster
Philosopher

I think that's a great idea, Prof, you need to start that website ASAP.

You can use it as a platform to dispell some of the nasty rumors I keep hearing about you.
I think it's terrible what some people are saying.
The weakness of all Utopias is this, ... They first assume that no man will want more than his share, and then are very ingenious in explaining whether his share will be delivered by motorcar or balloon.
-G.K. CHESTERTON
Cavemonster is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2009, 10:17 PM   #132
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cavemonster View Post
I think that's a great idea, Prof, you need to start that website ASAP.

You can use it as a platform to dispell some of the nasty rumors I keep hearing about you.
I think it's terrible what some people are saying.
There are some rumors about Da Professer?

I assume you have absolute proof on a website somewhere but for some reason are unable to post the url?

I'll have to search the InterTubes but I'm sure you are correct.
Old 4th May 2009, 10:24 PM   #133
Cavemonster
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post

I assume you have absolute proof on a website somewhere but for some reason are unable to post the url?

I'll have to search the InterTubes but I'm sure you are correct.
I'm sure you know how to google, you can find them easily.

Now I can't say whether they're true or not, but if they aren't, why hasn't TP refuted them here?
The weakness of all Utopias is this, ... They first assume that no man will want more than his share, and then are very ingenious in explaining whether his share will be delivered by motorcar or balloon.
-G.K. CHESTERTON
Cavemonster is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2009, 05:31 AM   #134
zooloo
Thinker

You are obviously not trying.

You must be kidding ... I've NEVER said I had a link, (Please show me where, or quit lying) although there have been many in the past I am told.
I have tried to find this tape but cannot.

To say I'm lying about you having a link i being unfair and unreasonably hostile.

You would like people to examine the evidence, I'm quite willing to do so but it seems you are unable or unwilling to provide that evidence.

Please provide the evidence, when you do I will happily give it the undivided attention that you think we ought to.

If you have no evidence then I don't see I need comment on the unreasonableness of your request.
Old 5th May 2009, 06:02 AM   #135
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cavemonster View Post
I'm sure you know how to google, you can find them easily.

Now I can't say whether they're true or not, but if they aren't, why hasn't TP refuted them here?
Hmm. Maybe I'll just phone him and see whether he'll talk to me over the phone.
Old 8th May 2009, 04:26 PM   #136
The Professor
Banned

Ostriches with your heads in the sand? There are Crazy Innuendo's all around you but you don't want to hear them?
Do you guys really want a link to them? Would you actually listen to the evidence from the Trial?
What are your answers to these Crazy Innuendo's?
Old 8th May 2009, 06:05 PM   #137
kerikiwi
Philosopher

There are Crazy Innuendo's all around you but you don't want to hear them?
Do you guys really want a link to them? Would you actually listen to the evidence from the Trial?
Yes please. Yes please. Yes please.
kerikiwi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2009, 02:12 AM   #138
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Originally Posted by kerikiwi View Post
Yes please. Yes please. Yes please.
+1
Old 9th May 2009, 04:56 AM   #139
Whiplash

Ostriches with your heads in the sand? There are Crazy Innuendo's all around you but you don't want to hear them?

You really are a piece of... work.
Whiplash is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2009, 05:13 AM   #140
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Would you like some links to innuendos against yourself?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2009, 05:18 AM   #141
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Deputy Admin

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Why would anyone be interested in rumours about someone who seems to be about as famous as I am?

ETA: Just noticed his post count is currently 666. Wouldn't it be cool if he left it there?
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20

Last edited by zooterkin; 9th May 2009 at 05:20 AM.
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2009, 05:21 AM   #142
zooloo
Thinker

Please pots the link and yes I will listen to the evidence.
Old 9th May 2009, 09:02 AM   #143
Azrael 5
Philosopher

I am pretty sure Koenig has heard the tapes he refers to-I have-as they were "distributed" via PM on Magic Cafe at one time between a couple of members at least-I believe the member who sent me it recieved it from Jim Callahan. Thus very likely Koenig has heard it,and knows where the link is. His shyness in posting these links is touching.

Last edited by Azrael 5; 9th May 2009 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Clarified text.
Azrael 5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2009, 08:06 PM   #144
Patricio Elicer
Obsessed with Reality

Randi is given the kids phone number on the recording correct? That's how everyone hears it isn't it? So why would he need to keep him on the line? Randi calls him back doesn't he? So the kid gives Randi the number right .... or am I wrong? And it was the right one since Randi calls him back. Right? Isn't that part of the recording too? ...Or are these things that people are saying that have no basis in truth?

I'm just asking some questions here and you guys are giving answers but you've never heard the evidence ... right?

It's just a question and critical thinks might know the answer.

Professor,

Randi wrote an extensive open letter back in 1999 with the detailed relation of events on that infamous blackmail campaign aganist him. His account makes a lot of sense because it provides background.

It used to be on the internet on a Google Group, but seems to be gone now.

I have a print-out of the six-page documment I can scan and post, if it may help ease your mind, or if it's of interest for anyone else.
Old 11th May 2009, 10:44 AM   #145
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Oh but wait The Professor doesn't like facts. Interestingly the subject is being discussed on Magic Cafe-ironically(?) by Riley G who apparently thinks he should have been paid Randi's million. Two birds of a feather him and Dave.
Secondly The Prof claims many questions on this subject are going to be asked at DragonCon, so anyone going enjoy the hilarity!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/v...&149&start=120
Old 11th May 2009, 11:12 AM   #146
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Azrael 5 View Post
Oh but wait The Professor doesn't like facts. Interestingly the subject is being discussed on Magic Cafe-ironically(?) by Riley G who apparently thinks he should have been paid Randi's million. Two birds of a feather him and Dave.
Secondly The Prof claims many questions on this subject are going to be asked at DragonCon, so anyone going enjoy the hilarity!

So when I am asked by my friends on Usenet, "Where are the kooks of yesteryear? I can answer that "Riley G" is now posting on themagiccafe?". simply
Old 11th May 2009, 11:24 AM   #147
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

And Riley is still spreading the same crap.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 12:06 PM   #148
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Happily most on there see it too. Of course same old same old that don't.
Old 11th May 2009, 01:28 PM   #149
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Is there any threads on topic of Riley? Was he a member here? Trued a search but my terms are too general.
Old 11th May 2009, 01:45 PM   #150
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Is there any threads on topic of Riley? Was he a member here? Trued a search but my terms are too general.
Not a member here as far as I know but he was all over Usenet on and off for some years.

You could start here:http://groups.google.ca/group/sci.sk...rch+this+group
and spend as much time as you want seeing him puff himself up much to the amusement of the sci.skeptic regulars.
Old 12th May 2009, 12:08 AM   #151
Broadsword
New Blood

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Nope, not I... I have posted some posts on that Magic Cafe forum in rebuttal to past questions...

By the way, I have a copy of the Randi Recordings, just as most everyone who really seeks the truth in the matter...

Signed,
Riley G (Matthews)
Retired NYPD Police Officer
Actor & Entertainer
Broadsword is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2009, 12:16 AM   #152
Broadsword
New Blood

back to lurking on you skeptics
Broadsword is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2009, 02:01 AM   #153
Whiplash

Originally Posted by Broadsword View Post
back to lurking on you skeptics

Participation is so much more fun!
Whiplash is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2009, 02:03 AM   #154
Typicallucas
I AM AN F... B... I... AGENT!!

Anyone who is Pro-Uri-Gellar is basically a Nazi baby-seal-killer who kicks puppies and punches old ladies.

I loves me some hyphens.
Typicallucas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2009, 11:50 AM   #155
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Hah! So Riley was lurking for almost 4 years. Pwah!

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2009, 12:44 PM   #156
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Riley, I'm Barack Obama; I post here in between running the Country. I know you believe me as you take everything that's addressed to you as the truth.
Old 12th May 2009, 12:48 PM   #157
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Typicallucas View Post
Anyone who is Pro-Uri-Gellar is basically a Nazi baby-seal-killer who kicks puppies and punches old ladies.
Not that there's anything wrong with that...
Old 12th May 2009, 01:41 PM   #158
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

I think the admins pushed that thread into oblivion.

Old 12th May 2009, 01:50 PM   #159
snoop_doxie
Graduate Poster

Facts Professor please!

The Professor,

Is English your second language? Do you know what the word innuendo means? The word does not mean facts, not at all.
You should be ashamed of yourself sir, truly ashamed.

Please present some facts.

Thank you
snoop_doxie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2009, 02:52 PM   #160
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Originally Posted by wicked_ways View Post
The Professor,

Is English your second language? Do you know what the word innuendo means? The word does not mean facts, not at all.
You should be ashamed of yourself sir, truly ashamed.

Please present some facts.

Thank you
I can tell you're new here.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal