ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 12th May 2009, 04:33 PM   #161
Pogo
Scholar

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
I think the admins pushed that thread into oblivion.
Hilariously, shortly before the Magic Cafe management 'disappeared' that thread, in it, The Professor (aka Psychic Samurai) complained that threads here on the JREF forum were always being moved, edited and deleted.
Pogo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2009, 11:19 PM   #162
Klimax
NWO Cyborg 5960x (subversion VPUNPCKHQDQ)

Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
Hilariously, shortly before the Magic Cafe management 'disappeared' that thread, in it, The Professor (aka Psychic Samurai) complained that threads here on the JREF forum were always being moved, edited and deleted.
I see,two out of three correct.IT IS DA RECORD!!! (As thread to be delted or hidden it has to be quite bad and Professors thread didn't get that far)

Engine: Ibalgin 400
Klimax is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2009, 08:20 PM   #163
The Professor
Banned

Originally Posted by Broadsword View Post
Nope, not I... I have posted some posts on that Magic Cafe forum in rebuttal to past questions...

By the way, I have a copy of the Randi Recordings, just as most everyone who really seeks the truth in the matter...

Signed,
Riley G (Matthews)
Retired NYPD Police Officer
Actor & Entertainer
Great to see you here Riley !!!!!!
They will ask you to share soon
The Professor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2009, 01:10 PM   #164
VisionFromFeeling
Banned

Quoting a Mr. Kapnistos,
Originally Posted by Questioninggeller View Post
I met a Man in Black who telepathically revealed to me a metal seal
Not even I mention the telepathic men in black!

Originally Posted by Questioninggeller View Post
If they [small beings with outsized heads and locust eyes] feed on human endocrine products
I knew that yellow stuff they gave me tasted like pancreas!
VisionFromFeeling is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2009, 01:33 PM   #165
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
Great to see you here Riley !!!!!!
They will ask you to share soon
Professor not seen you post much on Magic Cafe lately,any reason for this?
Old 23rd May 2009, 04:47 PM   #166
desertgal
Illuminator

Originally Posted by VisionFromFeeling View Post
Of course not. The telepathic men in black aren't about your favorite topic: you.
Old 23rd May 2009, 05:40 PM   #167
Jeff Corey
New York Skeptic

And her 4.0 average. Is she on the Chancellor's list now that the semester in which she was supposed to eliminate her F is over? What was that U again? UNCC?
ETA, not updated since 2/26/2009.
We will have to be patient skeptics.

Last edited by Jeff Corey; 23rd May 2009 at 05:48 PM. Reason: 2.0 average
Jeff Corey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2009, 06:53 PM   #168
Whiplash

Telepathic Men in Black? That sounds awesome.
Whiplash is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th May 2009, 04:48 AM   #169
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Deputy Admin

Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
Telepathic Men in Black? That sounds awesome.
Is that the sequel to MIB II?
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2009, 05:59 AM   #170
The Professor
Banned

Originally Posted by jahbrations View Post
I just read this crazy article called "Uri Geller and the YouTube Video Smear" by Peter Fotis Kapnistos, and I was blown away by the lowdown accusations of the author.

He basically is accusing James Randi of being an online child predator based on the fact that some internet user who goes by the name Randi Schimnosky - posts pro pedophile content on Mother Jones' website.

It's a shockingly absurd article that borders on pure slander. I was wondering if anyone from the JREF community has seen this?

I can't posts links yet, but if you google Uri Geller and the YouTube Video Smear, you'll find the article.

Sorry if this was posted already, I did a search for the author's last name and didn't turn up any results in the forum.
No one has refuted this crazy talk yet. Someone should!
The Professor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2009, 09:54 AM   #171
Ashles
Pith Artist

Originally Posted by VisionFromFeeling View Post
Quoting a Mr. Kapnistos,

I knew that yellow stuff they gave me tasted like pancreas!
I know what you mean about the synesthesia.

Every time you post a claim like this, I perceive a distinctive accompanying smell.
Old 31st May 2009, 11:29 PM   #172
The Professor
Banned

I'm surprised that James hasn't put the kabosh on these crazy innuendo's.
How hard can it be?
Old 1st June 2009, 08:29 AM   #173
Azrael 5
Philosopher

How hard can it be?
Maybe he doesn't need to. Because only people with anti Randi agendas believe them.. PErhaps if you belive them you could outright state he is a peadophile? On YouTube as you are so fond. Then await the lawsuit.

Alternatively stop trolling.
Old 1st June 2009, 12:38 PM   #174
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

How hard can it be?
There is a degree of difficulty. In the most recent case I know of (that Earl G Curley) the defendant committed suicide (or fell over dead, depending on your sources) before the case came to court.
Old 1st June 2009, 08:24 PM   #175
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Originally Posted by Azrael 5 View Post
Maybe he doesn't need to. Because only people with anti Randi agendas believe them.. PErhaps if you belive them you could outright state he is a peadophile? On YouTube as you are so fond. Then await the lawsuit.

Alternatively stop trolling.

Alternatively stop feeding the member. Unless of course you enjoy his posts?
rjh01 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2009, 03:27 AM   #176
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Originally Posted by rjh01 View Post
Alternatively stop feeding the member. Unless of course you enjoy his posts?
Excuse me? You have offical status? When I am the only FM who replies to his posts then maybe you could have a claim. On this page there are two replies by me out of 14 posts in total.
Old 8th June 2009, 08:25 PM   #177
The Professor
Banned

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
There is a degree of difficulty. In the most recent case I know of (that Earl G Curley) the defendant committed suicide (or fell over dead, depending on your sources) before the case came to court.
Interesting thought, but I haven't fallen over dead yet or met with foul play so I guess I'm still in the running. In all actuality, randi has lost every legal case so far so why would you ever expect he'd win one? Uri, Byrd ... Everyone .... everyone else has won and randi has lost.

I hear there is an offer on the table that would clarify everything all at once.
I think randi should take it.
It would put an end to all of these crazy innuendo's!
Old 9th June 2009, 12:12 AM   #178
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Deputy Admin

randi has lost every legal case so far
Really? Are you sure?
Quote:
What about the crazy apostrophes?
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2009, 01:11 AM   #179
Georg
Graduate Poster

snip

In all actuality, randi has lost every legal case so far so why would you ever expect he'd win one? Uri, Byrd ... Everyone .... everyone else has won and randi has lost.

snip
Originally Posted by zooterkin View Post
Really? Are you sure?

well........

Quote:
In 1991 Geller filed a USD$15 million lawsuit against Randi and Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal (CSICOP) over slander concerning Randi when he said Geller had "tricked even reputable scientists" with tricks that "are the kind that used to be on the back of cereal boxes when I was a kid".[1] The court found against Geller, who eventually settled the case at a cost of $120,000.[1] In April 1992 Geller sued the Prometheus Books in Miami, Florida for $4 million alleging libel made in two other books.[2] This was thrown out in 1994 and the judge ordered Geller to pay $20,272.89 in legal fees.[2]

In February 1992, Geller sued Randi, Prometheus and local book distributors in London, England for libel concerning The Magic of Uri Geller.[3] The lawsuit centered on the sentence: "He began his career as a stage magician in Israel where he was once arrested for claiming his feats were performed with psychic power."[3] Randi commented in 1993, "My position is that I made an unintended factual error in misinterpreting the words 'brought to court' and 'guilty' as 'arrested,' and that this was done without malice or reckless disregard for the truth."[3] Geller lost this case as well and had to pay Randi's legal fees.[3] After Geller's three lawsuits, Randi "never paid even one dollar or even one cent to anyone who ever sued me, and certainly not to Geller".[4]

Bolding done by me.
Georg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2009, 01:19 AM   #180
TSR
Illuminator

Interesting thought, but I haven't fallen over dead yet or met with foul play so I guess I'm still in the running.
Except for the tiny, insignificant detail that being "in the running" in this case would mean "filing or being the target of a court case" which you haven't the guts nor the relevance for.
In all actuality, randi has lost every legal case so far so why would you ever expect he'd win one? Uri, Byrd ... Everyone .... everyone else has won and randi has lost.
Demonstrably wrong -- but then, you should be used to that by now.

Uri's 1991 suit was settled with Randi after it was found that his inclusion of PSICOP was frivolous and he was order to pay PSICOP substantial damages. The settlement included a clause forbidding Uri from collecting on any past or current court awards.

Byrd had not been actually *convicted* of child molestation, but merely had admitted to such under a plea bargain. As such, Randi was incorrect in his claim of the former, but the truth of the matter was such that Byrd was awarded no damages.

Randi's libel suit again Curley was dropped for lack of a defendant after the latter died.

Sniffex's suit against Randi and the JREF failed, and Sniffex was later charged with fraud.

By my count, that's two "lost" with no damages, one won, one dropped and one settled. By what definition is this "every legal case?"
I hear there is an offer on the table that would clarify everything all at once.
Of course, you won't tell us who has made this offer nor what the offer actually is, because it is yet another lame attempt to garner attention for yourself.
I think randi should take it.
No, in fact, it would not: you would continue your attempts to lie about Randi, and then whine because he won't dignify your lies with any response.
TSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2009, 05:14 AM   #181
The Professor
Banned

So randi himself has never won, just as I've stated.

I found this very interesting also.
http://www.mindspring.com/%7Eanson/r...1996/0085.html
It claims that randi insisted that the pedophile tapes be played at the Byrd trial (Which randi also lost) when we all know that is not the case. The judge ordered it done over the objection of randi's lawyer.
What say you now?
Old 9th June 2009, 05:41 AM   #182
Georg
Graduate Poster

You said Randi lost every legal case. You are wrong. What a surprise.
Georg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2009, 09:15 AM   #183
desertgal
Illuminator

It claims that randi insisted that the pedophile tapes be played at the Byrd trial (Which randi also lost) when we all know that is not the case. The judge ordered it done over the objection of randi's lawyer.
What say you now?
That your failure to go to law school has been a boon for an appellate court somewhere.
Old 9th June 2009, 09:49 AM   #184
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by desertgal View Post
That your failure to go to law school has been a boon for an appellate court somewhere.
But what about the rest of us?
Old 9th June 2009, 11:59 AM   #185
The Professor
Banned

So it appears that randi is not telling the truth according to his own article....

I see you are all dodging that point!
Old 9th June 2009, 12:01 PM   #186
The Professor
Banned

Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Except for the tiny, insignificant detail that being "in the running" in this case would mean "filing or being the target of a court case" which you haven't the guts nor the relevance for.

Demonstrably wrong -- but then, you should be used to that by now.

Uri's 1991 suit was settled with Randi after it was found that his inclusion of PSICOP was frivolous and he was order to pay PSICOP substantial damages. The settlement included a clause forbidding Uri from collecting on any past or current court awards.

Byrd had not been actually *convicted* of child molestation, but merely had admitted to such under a plea bargain. As such, Randi was incorrect in his claim of the former, but the truth of the matter was such that Byrd was awarded no damages.

Randi's libel suit again Curley was dropped for lack of a defendant after the latter died.

Sniffex's suit against Randi and the JREF failed, and Sniffex was later charged with fraud.

By my count, that's two "lost" with no damages, one won, one dropped and one settled. By what definition is this "every legal case?"

Of course, you won't tell us who has made this offer nor what the offer actually is, because it is yet another lame attempt to garner attention for yourself.

No, in fact, it would not: you would continue your attempts to lie about Randi, and then whine because he won't dignify your lies with any response.
I notice you have not provided a single link to support your claims.

Better start digging!
Old 9th June 2009, 12:03 PM   #187
Ashles
Pith Artist

Better start digging!
Just to check - are you disputing TSR then? Are you saying his information is incorrect?
Old 9th June 2009, 12:25 PM   #188
desertgal
Illuminator

So it appears that randi is not telling the truth according to his own article....

I see you are all dodging that point!
Where does it appear?

In the view of any good defense lawyer, the contents of the tape would not have been relevant to the crux of the case, which was whether Randi misspoke when he used the term "convicted" instead of "confessed". Thus, any good lawyer would want to enter an objection into the record over the contents of the tape being played for the jurors. He does not need his client's direction to do so.

See, that's why lawyers go to law school - to learn about the finer points of law, courtroom procedure, rules of evidence, etc.

Please show us, in the court transcript of this case, where Randi protested the playing of the tape, or anything else Randi said in the courtroom that contradicts his statement that he insisted the tape be played for the jury. Otherwise, all you have is your own conjecture, as usual, that Randi isn't telling the truth.
Old 9th June 2009, 03:23 PM   #189
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

What say you now?
The Professor's statement is deceptive to say the least.

Randi and his lawyer initially did not want the tapes played. That much is true, but their objection was that it was not relevant to the case at hand. However the judge disagreed.

So Randi (and his lawyer) insisted that what the jury hear was not Eldon 'kid luvin' clown' Byrd's heavily, heavily edited tape, but the entire original tape of the phones calls. The judge agreed with this, and the jury heard the whole thing.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2009, 03:24 PM   #190
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by Ashles View Post
Just to check - are you disputing TSR then? Are you saying his information is incorrect?
Then apparently Earl Curley isn't dead. Clever fellow!

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2009, 03:38 PM   #191
desertgal
Illuminator

The Professor's statement is deceptive to say the least.

Randi and his lawyer initially did not want the tapes played. That much is true, but their objection was that it was not relevant to the case at hand. However the judge disagreed.

So Randi (and his lawyer) insisted that what the jury hear was not Eldon 'kid luvin' clown' Byrd's heavily, heavily edited tape, but the entire original tape of the phones calls. The judge agreed with this, and the jury heard the whole thing.
Ah. Thank you. That is decidedly clearer than "Randi's attorney objected, so Randi must be lying, blah blah blah."
Old 9th June 2009, 03:42 PM   #192
Azrael 5
Philosopher

The Professor's statement is deceptive to say the least. *Snip
Understatement of the year.

Last edited by Azrael 5; 9th June 2009 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Correct tense added.
Azrael 5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2009, 03:52 PM   #193
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Damn. I'll have to head out to Mount Pleasant Cemetery next weekend with a stake then.
Old 9th June 2009, 05:30 PM   #194
George 152
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Damn. I'll have to head out to Mount Pleasant Cemetery next weekend with a stake then.
Give the stake an extra hit for me and all those others who faced up to that piece of work.
George 152 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2009, 01:05 AM   #195
TSR
Illuminator

Better start digging!
Which specific claim are you disputing?

And one notes that you have not even provided a real claim, let alone attempted to support them in anyway whatever.

Hypocrite much? < trick question -- your posting history makes the answer obvious >

Last edited by TSR; 10th June 2009 at 01:08 AM.
TSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2009, 04:57 AM   #196
Ashles
Pith Artist

I wanted to clarify which of TSR's statements the Professor was flat out saying were incorrect. Because his criticism was actually quite vagualy worded - he wasn't necessarily saying they were untrue, just that they hadn't been backed up by links.

So to save TSR time I wanted to check which of those statements The Professor believed were actually untrue, versus which he did not actually dispute, just wanted to know if there was evidence for them.

A minor distinction maybe, but it appears that such vaguaries and deceptive language are the Porfessors usual MO.
Old 10th June 2009, 11:24 AM   #197
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Ashles you have to remember The Professor gets all his forum posts written for him by Jim Callahan, so thats why they are deliberately vague and make no sense.
Old 12th June 2009, 09:35 AM   #198
TSR
Illuminator

Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Quote:

Better start digging!
Which specific claim are you disputing?

And one notes that you have not even provided a real claim, let alone attempted to support them in anyway whatever.

Hypocrite much? < trick question -- your posting history makes the answer obvious >
Bump for TP
Old 15th June 2009, 01:49 AM   #199
The Professor
Banned

I see many rallying to the defense of The Pedophile Tapes.
It's actually quite interesting to see who supports this kind of thing.
You attack me and avoid the truth.
I guess in this forum that is standard, everyone being critical thinkers and all.
But doesn't it betray you inner thinking?
Many claim that randi has put out a printed response to the tapes (An excuse as to why they were made)
Does anyone have this, or must I proceed without it?

PS... If anyone can show me where the authorities gave randi the OK to do this, I'll never post here again!
How's that for a reward?

Last edited by The Professor; 15th June 2009 at 01:52 AM.
Old 15th June 2009, 01:56 AM   #200
TSR
Illuminator

I see many rallying to the defense of The Pedophile Tapes.
By what definition of "many?
It's actually quite interesting to see who supports this kind of thing.
Supports *what* king of thing?
You attack me and avoid the truth.
You mean like the truth that you are lying about a legitimate "offer on the table that would clarify everything all at once?"
I guess in this forum that is standard, everyone being critical thinkers and all.
But doesn't it betray you inner thinking?
Pointing out your lies?

Absolutely.
Many claim that randi has put out a printed response to the tapes (An excuse as to why they were made)
By what definition of "many?"
Does anyone have this, or must I proceed without it?
Whether you "must" or not, the bottom line is you will proceed with or without it, and whether or not it actually supports your crap.

When are you going to tell us which of my assertions specifically you dispute?

When are you going to document the claims you have made about this "offer?"

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal