ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags explosives , wtc , wtc 7

Old 8th January 2010, 12:00 PM   #1
Galileo
Illuminator

Hitler knows what Nano-Thermite in the WTC dust means

Hitler knows what Nano-Thermite in the WTC dust means

Even Hitler understands that physics trumps all propaganda, misinformation, "official explainations" and psudo-science.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbRc1...layer_embedded

Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2010, 12:14 PM   #2
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

embedded:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 8th January 2010 at 12:33 PM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2010, 12:18 PM   #3
Moss

Moss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2010, 12:27 PM   #4
Galileo
Illuminator

I knew the folks on the pro-Hitler website would like it.
Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2010, 12:30 PM   #5
carlitos
"más divertido"

I like the specificity of the tags on this post.

9/11, conspiracy, explosives, hitler, inside jobs, nano thermite, superthermite, thermate, wtc, wtc 7
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2010, 12:31 PM   #6
Moss

Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
Moss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2010, 12:33 PM   #7
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

What makes it even worse is how old ,tired, and unfunny these joke subtitles to scenes from Downfall have become. It might have been funny the few times it was done, but now it it officially burned out as a source of humor.
I am sure a "Hitler Sees Avatar" clip is being done right now.

Last edited by dudalb; 8th January 2010 at 12:35 PM.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2010, 12:34 PM   #8
Slayhamlet
Master Poster

Way to leap onto the fleeing bandwagon of a really old Internet meme, Rolf. Of course it doesn't have the same effect when you can understand what they're actually saying.

But anyway, reported as more Galileo AAH fodder.
Slayhamlet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2010, 12:34 PM   #9
Macgyver1968
Philosopher

Well...I can't watch the video from work...but coming from Gal, I'll just assume it was an Epic Fail at whatever point it was trying to make.
Old 8th January 2010, 12:35 PM   #10
Slayhamlet
Master Poster

Aaaaaand...we're done.
Slayhamlet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2010, 12:40 PM   #11
Galileo
Illuminator

I am anti-Hilter, so those against me are by definition, pro-Hitler.
Old 8th January 2010, 12:42 PM   #12
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Slayhamlet View Post
Way to leap onto the fleeing bandwagon of a really old Internet meme, Rolf. Of course it doesn't have the same effect when you can understand what they're actually saying.

But anyway, reported as more Galileo AAH fodder.

Agreed. The Re Subtitled Downfall Scene Meme has become incredibly boring.
When I first saw the topic of the OP, I knew what was coming......
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2010, 12:50 PM   #13
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 8th January 2010 at 12:54 PM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2010, 01:02 PM   #14
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

And I thought you had no sense of humo(u)r.
Old 8th January 2010, 01:09 PM   #15
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Coming up next: Rickrolling for thermite claims!

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2010, 01:14 PM   #16
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

How does nano-thermite bring down a tower?

What exactly is this nano-thermite anyway? Can I get it anywhere?
Old 8th January 2010, 01:19 PM   #17
DavidJames
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Undesired Walrus View Post
What exactly is this nano-thermite anyway? Can I get it anywhere?
I usually get mine from the NWO commissary. They usually have it in aisle 3, between the pop tarts and mini-nukes.

ETA - Look for that little coupon dispenser, last time I got 50 cents off.
For 15 years I never put anyone on ignore. I felt it important to see everyone's view point. Finally I realized the value of some views can be measured in negative terms and were personally destructive.
DavidJames is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2010, 01:30 PM   #18
doobiedoright
Critical Thinker

Sorry no!
You fail at everything in life dont you?
Please seek help fast as you are going deeper into the hole!
doobiedoright is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2010, 01:36 PM   #19
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

But what do David Hasselhoff and Chuck Norris think of it all? I won't be convinced until I hear from those guys.

Oh, and the Star Wars Kid and the "Leave Brittany Alone" guy..
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2010, 01:40 PM   #20
Thunder
Banned

I am against 9-11 Truth. I am a heterosexual. So by definition, those who support 9-11 Truth are homosexual.

Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2010, 01:52 PM   #21
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Too bad a film as good as "Downfall" is being dragged down by morons.
Old 8th January 2010, 01:55 PM   #22
alienentity
Illuminator

See recent rant about JREF 'disinfo agents' for more details.
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2010, 01:58 PM   #23
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

dudalb, Tell me about it. I watched it again the other day, but that scene now carries the subconscious screams of hundreds of subtitle vandals. My own fault for watching them, of course, but still.

I'd be more offended if I was German, with everyone treating my language like a fictional language that nobody understands anyway, so it doesn't matter what you make it say.
Old 8th January 2010, 02:06 PM   #24
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Agree on the first, not on the second.
I don't have an issue with the concept of gag subtitles, the problem I have is that they are simply not funny 99% of the time,and it's so old and tired by now.
Old 8th January 2010, 02:15 PM   #25
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

PUI

It takes a special mind full of bias and hate to spew the lies of 911 truth; hitler had the brain power of a moron and is the perfect spokesperson for the delusions of 911 truth. It is amazing how NAZI-like 911 truth is. Great video for the dumbed down drones of 911 truth.

What is the fixation with the biggest loser ever? 911 truth is a big loser, so is hitler. there you go

Last edited by beachnut; 8th January 2010 at 02:38 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2010, 02:27 PM   #26
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Brainache View Post
But what do David Hasselhoff and Chuck Norris think of it all? I won't be convinced until I hear from those guys.

Oh, and the Star Wars Kid and the "Leave Brittany Alone" guy..
... "Leave Brittany Alone" guy?
Old 8th January 2010, 02:29 PM   #27
Walter Ego
Illuminator

This forum seems to have been reduced to troll posts and replies by trolls enablers.

What is it about the ignore feature that forum members don't understand?
Walter Ego is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2010, 02:31 PM   #28
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

physics trumps all propaganda, misinformation and psudo-sci

has anyone explained how the calorimeter test fro the "thermite" paint ended up with an energy density higher than the theoretical max for thermite? seems like that physics would trump...well, something
Old 8th January 2010, 02:33 PM   #29
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

So Hitler caused 9/11? This plot gets more complex by the day!
Old 8th January 2010, 04:11 PM   #30
ElMondoHummus
0.25 short of being half-witted

Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
has anyone explained how the calorimeter test fro the "thermite" paint ended up with an energy density higher than the theoretical max for thermite? seems like that physics would trump...well, something
Yes. The excuse is that organics combusting in the chip are what sends the readings above and beyond just pure thermite. And admittedly, if that were true and there was both a thermite redox and a regular burning of the organics present, there would be no way to separate the energy release of one from another. But that does beg the question of why the calorimeter argument was even made, and it does reveal the basic dishonesty of the paper; I find it hard to believe that this was an honest mistake, given that the energy density of a thermite reduction is well known. The energy density was presented as proof that this was an "energetic substance" (which it was), but then conflated with thermite (which was merely alleged). It's a subtle sleight-of-hand, and in my opinion, aimed at suckering lay persons into thinking it's legit science instead of a handwave. The researchers did not eliminate the possibility that all the heat release was due to organics burning - and on top of that, breezily ignored the fact that the variations in their runs indicated a problem with such a thesis (why so much variation in a substance allegedly designed to be an incendiary?). When you combine that with their choice of spectroscopy - X-EDS, something that doesn't indicate bonding and therefore wouldn't distinguish between the various different possibilities between iron oxides - that right there to me indicates deliberate intent to deceive. Not foolishly sloppy yet honest experimentation.

Anyway, that topic was beaten into the ground. The point is that if you give Jones, Harrit, and the others the benefit of the doubt as to intentions, you still end up with a sloppy analysis and experiments that not only fail to indicate the presence of what they allege, but absolutely leaves the doors open to other substances. If I design an experimentation to identify alcohol, I don't choose criteria that can easily include gasoline. I don't merely burn it and say "it's combustible", nor do I do so and allege that the energy output indicates that it's a "super alcohol" . And even if it's E85, I'm remiss to try and argue that the energy density is part alcohol and part gas, even though it's true. Why? Because I'm just outputting a single energy reading, and I'm not indicating why the figures I give shows me that it indicates "super" alcohol. I'm only showing that it's in excess of methanol, ethanol, etc. And that's almost literal analogy to the Jones/Harrit paper, save for the fact that E85 is known to have ethanol, whereas Jones's dust is not established as having "nanothermite" at all.

Blech... I'm starting to rant. Anyway, to answer your question: Yes, there was an excuse given for the excess energy.
Old 8th January 2010, 04:18 PM   #31
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by ElMondoHummus View Post
Blech... I'm starting to rant. Anyway, to answer your question: Yes, there was an excuse given for the excess energy.
yeah, and the fact that they didnt simply recreate the experiment in a vacuum to eliminate any other materials combusting and throwing off the figures shows they dont really want to test their conclusions
Old 8th January 2010, 05:02 PM   #32
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
... "Leave Brittany Alone" guy?
Sorry Bad spelling was my fault.

Leave Britney Alone guy: (NSFW language)

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Another exhausted internet meme.
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2010, 05:06 PM   #33
Sam.I.Am
Illuminator

The emphasis was on the word "Guy" so I'm guessing that he was poking a bit of fun at him.

About my avatar.
Sam.I.Am is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2010, 05:18 PM   #34
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ

At least the OP has a sense of humor... Oh wait... he's serious?
Old 8th January 2010, 05:34 PM   #35
Macgyver1968
Philosopher

I'm not sure. Now that I've watched the video...well..half of it....I can't tell. Is it comedy or is it for real? If it's comedy...it's way...way off the mark. Note...Hitler jokes are only funny if something BAD happens to Hitler.
Old 8th January 2010, 05:35 PM   #36
Sam.I.Am
Illuminator

Your link doesn't work Grizzly

About my avatar.
Sam.I.Am is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2010, 06:11 PM   #37
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Macgyver1968 View Post
I'm not sure. Now that I've watched the video...well..half of it....I can't tell. Is it comedy or is it for real? If it's comedy...it's way...way off the mark. Note...Hitler jokes are only funny if something BAD happens to Hitler.
It's a clip from a very good German film on the Last Days of Hitler called "Downfall" .
For about a year it has been a Big Internet Meme to take that clip, erase the actual English subtitles, and insert joke Subtitles. It has become very old and very tired.
And now the Twoofers have gotten in on the act.
Old 8th January 2010, 06:18 PM   #38
Edx
Philosopher

Germans speaking people must find these much more confusing!
Edx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2010, 06:22 PM   #39
Sledge
Grammaton Cleric

Coming soon: 9-11 All Your Base. Then they will have officially hit rock bottom.

"Science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop" ~ Dara O'Briain.
Sledge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2010, 06:40 PM   #40
Sam.I.Am
Illuminator

What I found "Funny" about it was at the very end the guy that made this said that the text in yellow were things that Hitler said...

No, you idiot. It's what an actor portraying Hitler in a movie said.

About my avatar.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories