ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Dave Thomas , debate , richard gage

Old 21st August 2010, 04:13 PM   #41
bill smith
Philosopher

Sure.........

Lol..just noticed this- ''They should at least give me credit for not making fun of them, baiting them, or taking cheap shots at them... '' .Pure denial and everybody here knows it..

Last edited by bill smith; 21st August 2010 at 04:31 PM.
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2010, 04:28 PM   #42
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Quote:
I'll write you down as one who advocates ignoring the Truth Movement and it's thousands of highly qualified professionals then shall I ?
You do that.
Old 21st August 2010, 04:35 PM   #43
TexasJack
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by R.Mackey View Post
You can't win arguing with crazy people. I no longer bother. They should at least give me credit for not making fun of them, baiting them, or taking cheap shots at them 24/7. Ignoring them is honestly better than they deserve.
I think you are making a wise decision. You have a paper, as do others, that if they wish, they can try to refute. It's just sitting there. No plane ticket required, no meal expenses, no luxury hotels. Instead they choose this route, where they can plug their numbers ala argumentum ad populum, and yet make absolutely no dent in scientific rebuttal. And to what type of people? The type of audience that listens to this kind of drivel, Robert the haunted doll.

Quote:
Warren said he was initially warned about Robert by a former Otto house caretaker, who claimed the doll could move on its own and terrorized him to the point that he began sleeping with a weapon. Others cautioned Warren not to photograph the 3-ft tall doll with coal black eyes without first obtaining his permission. The walls around the doll's museum display are plastered with letters from people detailing the bad luck that had befallen them after snapping shots of Robert without his consent, he explained.
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2010/08/20

It really isn't worth it.
TexasJack is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2010, 04:45 PM   #44
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TexasJack View Post
I think you are making a wise decision. You have a paper, as do others, that if they wish, they can try to refute. It's just sitting there. No plane ticket required, no meal expenses, no luxury hotels. Instead they choose this route, where they can plug their numbers ala argumentum ad populum, and yet make absolutely no dent in scientific rebuttal. And to what type of people? The type of audience that listens to this kind of drivel, Robert the haunted doll.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2010/08/20

It really isn't worth it.

Cheer up Jack. It's saturday night.
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2010, 05:24 PM   #45
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Or a Sunday morning, whatever the case may be. A pleasant hour by any standards.
Old 21st August 2010, 05:46 PM   #46
R.Mackey
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TexasJack View Post
Instead they choose this route, where they can plug their numbers ala argumentum ad populum, and yet make absolutely no dent in scientific rebuttal. And to what type of people? The type of audience that listens to this kind of drivel, Robert the haunted doll.
Eek!

It would be amusing, if it wasn't so pathetic. Years ago, when I was more active in my debunking -- I had new things to learn, and there was still the occasional person with a legitimate question -- some of the Truthers accused me of doing it for publicity or ego. Or that I only did it because I was desperate to convince the world that the Truthers were wrong. More than one actually accused me of doing it for money, as part of some "Black Ops" nonsense. At least one said I was actually in league with Satan.

Now that I ignore them, they accuse me of ducking debates, and issue threats, claiming my silence will give them a victory, if I stop opposing them they'll gain millions of new followers, etc.

Everyone else is convinced. They can't be reasoned with. So the best way to convince them is to ignore them -- eventually they'll get bored and stop obsessing over it, though it could take years or even decades. Best way to piss them off, also, is to ignore them. The one thing the Truth Movement has always thrived on is drama.

If you don't believe me, just scan through the Forums and see how often Truthers try to reply to me, knowing full well I have them irrevocably on Ignore and will never, ever respond. If their messages weren't quoted by other posters so frequently, I'd hardly know they exist -- just like 99% of the real world.

Ignoring them works. Give it a try.
R.Mackey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2010, 05:53 PM   #47
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by R.Mackey View Post
Gage has already ducked the debate. I wrote a 300 page expose of Truther mistakes. Gage promised, to another poster here, in person, to respond to it.

I can attest to the fact Mr Herbert gave him the paper and said he would "reply soon" (this was almost a year ago), I was standing right next to him. He also claimed he would reply to Gregory Urich's (sp?) letter that he has not got around to. He said he's been "busy".

If you want to see a text book example of "preaching to the choir" go see his show live. Just don't try to ask any "inconvenient" questions. (all questions are pre-screened).

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41

Last edited by DGM; 21st August 2010 at 05:57 PM.
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2010, 06:08 PM   #48
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
Or a Sunday morning, whatever the case may be. A pleasant hour by any standards.
It sure was.

Last edited by bill smith; 21st August 2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 21st August 2010, 06:33 PM   #49
dc1971
Banned

Originally Posted by bill smith View Post
Pure denial and everybody here knows I am the only one here who thinks it..
Yet another correction for ya Bill!
dc1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2010, 08:30 PM   #50
Sam.I.Am
Illuminator

Ok, I've set up a PC to record the streaming audio from KSFO so if they put it online live I'll capture it from ~10:00 pm pst until ~02:00 am pst. I just tested it with what's playing online now and it works fine @ 32kbps and the final file size will be about 60MB. I'll par it down to exclude commercials and the news and then zip it up and put it up later (it has to be zipped or my free google page won't host the link).

Disclaimer: If KSFO has an agreement to not air the show live online then I'm out of luck. I'll post back here after it starts if there's a problem.

About my avatar.
Sam.I.Am is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2010, 08:34 PM   #51
Arus808
Philosopher

KFI airs it live. I listen to it while I'm taking a shower. I've posted link up above

“Life may begin at 30, but it doesn’t get real interesting until about 150.”
“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”
Arus808 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2010, 09:04 PM   #52
Sam.I.Am
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Arus808 View Post
KFI airs it live. I listen to it while I'm taking a shower. I've posted link up above
I'm using KSFO because I'm within their area. I've run across stations in the past that won't stream live syndicated shows outside of their area. I figured I'd have the best chance with a local one as my IP address plants me dead center in their area (well, about 3 miles or so from their antenna actually, but close enough).

I kinda wish I'd have thought of this last night to test it though... Oh well.

About my avatar.
Sam.I.Am is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2010, 09:24 PM   #53
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Originally Posted by Sam.I.Am View Post
Ok, I've set up a PC to record the streaming audio from KSFO so if they put it online live I'll capture it from ~10:00 pm pst until ~02:00 am pst. I just tested it with what's playing online now and it works fine @ 32kbps and the final file size will be about 60MB. I'll par it down to exclude commercials and the news and then zip it up and put it up later (it has to be zipped or my free google page won't host the link).

Disclaimer: If KSFO has an agreement to not air the show live online then I'm out of luck. I'll post back here after it starts if there's a problem.
Good job, Sam, and good luck!
Old 21st August 2010, 09:27 PM   #54
AJM8125
Potsing whiled runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by Sam.I.Am View Post
I'm using KSFO because I'm within their area. I've run across stations in the past that won't stream live syndicated shows outside of their area. I figured I'd have the best chance with a local one as my IP address plants me dead center in their area (well, about 3 miles or so from their antenna actually, but close enough).
I just tested it from a friend's PC and it works fine - I'm in San Bruno at the moment. I'd forgotten I was listening to music earlier and had the volume turned way up. Blasted me out of the chair - crystal clear too.

KFI airs it live. I listen to it while I'm taking a shower. <snip>
Evidence?
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2010, 09:45 PM   #55
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ

Ill be catching the C2C show on WIOD tonight.... but I only plan to be up for the first hour unfortunately. I don't wanna sleep in until 10 tomorrow morning
Old 21st August 2010, 09:49 PM   #56
triforcharity
Banned

I will try to listen to it, but I don't know if I will catch it all. I am at work tonight and if I have to go, I will listen to the rest another day. Sam, don't let me down.
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2010, 10:02 PM   #57
Arus808
Philosopher

Tuning in now. Shall we do a "play by play" ^_^

“Life may begin at 30, but it doesn’t get real interesting until about 150.”
“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”
Arus808 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2010, 10:04 PM   #58
fourtoe
Graduate Poster

Sounds good. I forgot how awful radio commercials are, SUPERGIRL!
-The thread for discussing/reviewing and posting any 911 related debates one can find!
fourtoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2010, 10:04 PM   #59
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Yep, I've tuned in (they're still doing the news at the mo).

I should be able to comment for an hour or two.

Got an alcopop handy to smooth my way.
Old 21st August 2010, 10:05 PM   #60
angrysoba
Philosophile

I don't suppose there are any channels which stream this outside the US is there?

I tried that KSFO link but I can't hear the debate.

"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2010, 10:06 PM   #61
AJM8125
Potsing whiled runk
Tagger

Present and fueling up as we speak.
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2010, 10:07 PM   #62
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
I don't suppose there are any channels which stream this outside the US is there?

I'm in Australia, and the KSFO link didn't work the first time, but I tried it again and it's fine.
Old 21st August 2010, 10:07 PM   #63
AJM8125
Potsing whiled runk
Tagger

Try the 1st page, there's several other links posted.
Old 21st August 2010, 10:08 PM   #64
triforcharity
Banned

Angry,

Try some of the other links that were provided in the other thread...

http://wokv.com/

http://streamingradioguide.com/radio...php?showid=667

Try that.
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2010, 10:08 PM   #65
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
I'm in Australia, and the KSFO link didn't work the first time, but I tried it again and it's fine.
Oh wait! I think it's on now!

Bit excited me!

ETA: Thanks for the advice. I think I was just being impatient.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

Last edited by angrysoba; 21st August 2010 at 10:09 PM.
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2010, 10:08 PM   #66
fourtoe
Graduate Poster

Try this maybe?

http://www.kfiam640.com/main.html
-The thread for discussing/reviewing and posting any 911 related debates one can find!
fourtoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2010, 10:09 PM   #67
Ninja R
Student

I'm using www dot klif dot com (link restriction due to post count).
Ninja R is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2010, 10:09 PM   #68
triforcharity
Banned

Anyone know the number?

ETA: Damn, they don't take calls till later. We will have to see if I am still up
Old 21st August 2010, 10:14 PM   #69
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Originally Posted by Ninja R View Post
I'm using www.klif.com (link restriction due to post count).
Fixed that for you.

What country are you in?

Welcome to the forum!

Reply to all that in single posts and you'll soon have your required 15 posts to post links.
Old 21st August 2010, 10:14 PM   #70
fourtoe
Graduate Poster

Who is keeping count of Gage's plugging?
Old 21st August 2010, 10:15 PM   #71
Ninja R
Student

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
Fixed that for you.

What country are you in?

Welcome to the forum!

Reply to all that in single posts and you'll soon have your required 15 posts to post links.
That'd be slick, huh?

I'm in the US. Texas, specifically. KLIF broadcasts from Dallas.
Ninja R is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2010, 10:16 PM   #72
angrysoba
Philosophile

KSFO is working fine for me now. Thanks again!

http://www.ksfo560.com/article.asp?id=723446

Old 21st August 2010, 10:17 PM   #73
AJM8125
Potsing whiled runk
Tagger

Plug count: one
Old 21st August 2010, 10:19 PM   #74
Orphia Nay
Tagger

"Two thirds of the speed of freefall is a physics impossibility"??

Then he says "freefall".

What a moron.
Old 21st August 2010, 10:19 PM   #75
fourtoe
Graduate Poster

Hey so far this Ian guy seems critical-esque...I thought C2C was for crazies?
Old 21st August 2010, 10:19 PM   #76
AJM8125
Potsing whiled runk
Tagger

Good job moderating so far, He's keeping Gage reigned in.
Old 21st August 2010, 10:22 PM   #77
dc1971
Banned

You see, George Noory doesn't even buy this nonsense. And he buys a lot!
dc1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2010, 10:22 PM   #78
AJM8125
Potsing whiled runk
Tagger

Does saying "on our website" count as a plug?
Old 21st August 2010, 10:22 PM   #79
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ

God he broght up the "upward streamers" and comparing it to a nuclear explosion... wtf?

hearingv these two sounds more and more surreal by the moment
Old 21st August 2010, 10:22 PM   #80
DaveThomasNMSR
Muse

The Institute of Theoretical and Experimental 9/11 Physics

It's up!

A series of articles I've been working on for release simultaneously with the Debate.

Comments invited. It's a durn Truther Feeding Frenzy!

Cheers, Dave

waiting to go onm 11:30 my time....
DaveThomasNMSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories