ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 25th May 2011, 05:04 AM   #1
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

Another Connection between 9/11 Truth and Holocaust Denial

it's widely know that 9/11 Truth personalities and groups are well-connected with Holocaust Denial. Here's another one for you.

As I have posted many times before, I watch the Facebook accounts of people who say they are advocates for a 9/11 Truth-sort-of-thing. Joshua Blackeney, a well-known Canadian 9/11 nut case, is connected through Facebook to Bradley Smith, the 'founder' of the Committee for Open Debate and the Holocaust. Yes, it is a Holocaust Denial kind of thing. Here's its webpage http://www.codoh.com/

God, these guys are disgusting.
I've seen it here and in several other places that there is no Illuminati. That doesn't even make sense. There's a Wikipedia entry that talks about it. I'm not saying that everything on Wikipedia is true, but if you read it, it's just really clear how the Illuminati controls the world.
Scott Sommers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2011, 02:32 AM   #2
Baylor
Philosopher

We are well-acquainted with that site. That's nein eleven's and little grey rabbit's favorite website.
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2011, 02:47 AM   #3
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

Originally Posted by UNLoVedRebel View Post
We are well-acquainted with that site. That's nein eleven's and little grey rabbit's favorite website.
And now he's hooked up the Canada 9/11 Truth scene. I'm so surprised!
I've seen it here and in several other places that there is no Illuminati. That doesn't even make sense. There's a Wikipedia entry that talks about it. I'm not saying that everything on Wikipedia is true, but if you read it, it's just really clear how the Illuminati controls the world.
Scott Sommers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2011, 03:43 AM   #4
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

There's no surprise that Kevin Barrett is also on Bradley Smith's Facebook friend list.
Old 26th May 2011, 04:27 AM   #5
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Thanks to the internet, the guy who 25 years ago used to be the lone town kook can now connect to any other village idiot with whom he shares a common language. This means that a previously hard-to-reach critical mass of stupid is now easily attained.
Old 26th May 2011, 06:53 AM   #6
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by timhau View Post
Thanks to the internet, the guy who 25 years ago used to be the lone town kook can now connect to any other village idiot with whom he shares a common language. This means that a previously hard-to-reach critical mass of stupid is now easily attained.
The upside is that many more people can be entertained by the kooks.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2011, 09:50 AM   #7
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
The upside is that many more people can be entertained by the kooks.
That's true. And you can get away from them by closing your browser.
Old 26th May 2011, 10:13 AM   #8
switchpoint
Thinker

Is it any suprise? The same denial mechanism required to be a truther is the same mechanism required to be a Holocaust denier. I suspect, however, that even though some of the truther squads are finding travelling companions in the Holocaust denial crowd, they (truthers) may not always be as dyed-in-the-wool anti-semitic. Even though from a personal standpoint I have found over the years that if you scratch down deep through the layers of delusion that encases most truthers that eventually you find a little "anti-Zionist".
switchpoint is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2011, 10:27 AM   #9
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

It's Blakeney, not Blackeney. He came across my radar in this video conference when he said (starts around 9:00 in), "Israel's fingerprints are all over 911."
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

This got him some negative attention at 9-11 Flogger, so he began backtracking and explaining what he meant:

Quote:
To say that someone's fingerprints are all over a crime is not to say they are definitely guilty of the crime. If I had said "Israel was behind 9/11" (as Prof. Truscello misinterpreted my words) I would have been implying that it had been proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Israel did 9/11. I did not claim this. I think most astute readers would not conceive of the two statements cited as being at odds with each other. I think most lawyers and judges would be able to distinguish between someone being guilty of a crime and someone's fingerprints being all over a crime. Sometimes it is the case that the fingerprints are those of the criminal. On other occasions the fingerprints are not those of the criminal.
Anybody able to take a screen cap showing the Facebook link between Blakeney and Smith? I'm still avoiding joining Facebook.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2011, 07:25 PM   #10
DaveThomasNMSR
Muse

As Jesse Ventura would say, "Anybody got any doubts?"

Just sayin'!
DaveThomasNMSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2011, 12:47 AM   #11
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
It's Blakeney, not Blackeney. He came across my radar in this video conference when he said (starts around 9:00 in), "Israel's fingerprints are all over 911."
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

This got him some negative attention at 9-11 Flogger, so he began backtracking and explaining what he meant:

Anybody able to take a screen cap showing the Facebook link between Blakeney and Smith? I'm still avoiding joining Facebook.
Thank you for correcting my pathetic spelling.

Ironically, his Facebook says he's taking the LSAT in June so he can specialize in international law. Let's hope we're spared from that suffering.
Old 27th May 2011, 09:06 PM   #12
Walter Ego
Illuminator

The Company They Keep

I AGREE

After he made this post, Pat C. (Brainster) did some digging and found some interesting material about Blakeney which he posted on his SLC blog.

Blakeney published a review of Jonathan Kay's Among The Truthers written by his academic mentor Anthony J. Hall on his online column in something called Veteran's Today which bills itself as a "journal of military and foreign affairs."

And what is this innocuously named "journal" about? A debunking of Veteran's Today by someone called Jon Revere (a truther but his article is well researched) found that:

Quote:
What will you find on "Veterans Today"? Well, everything has pretty much one focus: BLAME ISRAEL FOR EVERYTHING. 70-90% of the articles on this website go back to Israel.
And who are some of Blakeney's co-columnists on Veteran's Today? Well, one of them is Dr Ingrid Rimland Zundel, wife of Ernst Zundel, Canada's leading Holocaust denier. Mrs. Zundel in a recent column entitled The Munchousen Syndrome (actually the condition is called Münchhausen syndrome) is pretty upfront about her attitudes about Jews and the Holocaust.

Quote:
Years before I met and married Ernst Zundel and, thus, became a Holocaust Denier – because this malady, Denial-of-the-Holocaust, can be infectious, in case you didn’t know! – I made my living as a kiddie shrink: in academic parlance, an Educational Psychologist.

In that capacity, I learned about a malady, malingering, that was quite prevalent with kids who tried to get out of producing respectable work. Their energy went into fibbing – and were they ever good at it! I was amazed at how deep-rooted and resistant to reason their skillful fibbing was.

Therefore, I decided to study how I could cure this malady, and found it had a name. It’s called the Munchousen Syndrome.

Once Ernst and I became a team, he asked me to do a monograph on “The Impact of Words on the Mind,” by which he hoped to neutralize the virulent character assassination of an entire people, the Germans who fought World War II, unleashed on them sans mercy by another set of bipeds, the Victims of the Holocaust. The latter try to run down every last “War Criminal” on earth. The former seem without defenses.
Nice, huh? The Jews have a "syndrome" that causes them to lie about the Holocaust. It also makes you wonder about Frau Zundel's educational credentials (she can't even spell Münchausen, a well-known psychological syndrome, correctly )and the editorial policies of this "journal" that Blakeney is associated with.

Last edited by Walter Ego; 27th May 2011 at 09:15 PM.
Walter Ego is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2011, 09:30 PM   #13
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

Blakeney replies on his Facebook to the SLC accusations

Joshua Blakeney
Quote:
According to Screw Loose Change the fact that an article of mine is on a website next to the wife of a Holocaust revisionist equates to me "having lots of connections to...Holocaust Deniers" http://screwloosechange.blogspot.com...canada-way.html
One of his 'friends', a supporter of the Ron Paul Revolution, Charlie Sheen, and chemtrails replies...
Quote:
XXXXl Being mentioned on screw loose change is like a badge of honor. Wear it with pride my friend!
Hall is a disgrace to educators. He's taken an energetic, interested student and turned him into a Holocaust Denier. What kind of future has he given the person he frequently refers to as his best student? This is disgusting.

Last edited by Scott Sommers; 27th May 2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 27th May 2011, 09:50 PM   #14
Walter Ego
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Scott Sommers View Post
Hall is a disgrace to educators. He's taken an energetic, interested student and turned him into a Holocaust Denier. What kind of future has he given the person he frequently refers to as his best student? This is disgusting.
I've seen no evidence that Blakeney is a Holocaust denier. Like a lot of "anti-Zionists" in the truth movement he does find himself keeping company with Holocaust deniers like Frau Zundel and you do have to wonder about his judgement in writing a column in publication like Veteran's Today. Do you have a quote where Blakeney specifically denies there was a Holocaust?
Walter Ego is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2011, 09:58 PM   #15
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

No I don't. I doubt he is one. You're right that I have overstated the case and if Mr. Blakeney reads this, I apologize to him for my carelessness. My real problem is with Hall. How could an educator let their student stray into a mess like this? What is Blakeney doing with these guys? Hasn't Hall done something about this? Perhaps it's what he wants his students to be doing.
Old 27th May 2011, 10:00 PM   #16
1337m4n
Alphanumeric Anonymous Stick Man

Quote:
Once Ernst and I became a team, he asked me to do a monograph on “The Impact of Words on the Mind,” by which he hoped to neutralize the virulent character assassination of an entire people, the Germans who fought World War II, unleashed on them sans mercy by another set of bipeds, the Victims of the Holocaust. The latter try to run down every last “War Criminal” on earth. The former seem without defenses.
They "seem without defenses" because they're all dead by now already.

Almost everyone involved in the Holocaust by now is either dead or nearing death. Crusading to clear the names of dead men? It certainly has its merits, but this nutjob doesn't give the impression of one who means only to pay respects to the departed. She speaks as if from WWII onwards, the world has been divided into only two groups: Nazis and Jews. Holocaust victims weren't the only people ticked off about the holocaust; nearly every human being with a functioning moral compass was ticked off about the holocaust. There's a good reason for this. Something about how not learning from history makes you doomed or something to that effect.

60 years ago would have been the time to post stupid drivel like this. This missy's a little to late to save anyone from the gallows. Which makes me think either she just wants to stir up controversy for controversy's sake, or that she's retarded in the literal and clinical sense of the word (as opposed to the youngsters' use of it as slang for "foolish").

If this post comes off as confusing, it's because I'm having difficulty putting my thoughts on this into words. Perhaps an analogy will help. Imagine someone writing an article on how Southern slaveowners "were" misunderstood, persecuted, and "were" actually really good nice people. Now imagine replacing "were" with "are" and the entire article is written in the PRESENT tense. That's how dumb this sounds to me.

"The evidence that the attacks of 9/11 were an inside job just keeps not coming in." --pomeroo

Last edited by 1337m4n; 27th May 2011 at 10:06 PM.
1337m4n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th May 2011, 11:16 AM   #17
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

No I don't. I doubt he is one. You're right that I have overstated the case and if Mr. Blakeney reads this, I apologize to him for my carelessness. My real problem is with Hall. How could an educator let their student stray into a mess like this? What is Blakeney doing with these guys? Hasn't Hall done something about this? Perhaps it's what he wants his students to be doing.
Hall himself has claimed evidence of Israeli involvement or foreknowledge:

Quote:
While Hughes was wrong in her details, she is far from alone in her more general position that many intelligence services had prior knowledge that something very drastic was about to happen in the days and weeks leading up to 911. One of those intelligence services was indeed that of Israel. The Israeli government's understanding of the situation was almost certainly connected to the activities of an Israeli spy ring posing as art students especially in the Hollywood Florida region.
BTW, I suspect that Hall refers to Blakeney as his best student precisely because Blakeney has followed him into conspiracy cuckoo land.

Last edited by Brainster; 28th May 2011 at 11:18 AM.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st June 2011, 06:30 PM   #18
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

Joshua Blakeney responds on his Facebook

Quote:
MONDAY, MAY 30, 2011

Pat Curley Insinuates That Anthony J. Hall and Joshua Blakeney are Anti-Semites
As summarized by Blakeney, "According to [Pat Curley at] Screw Loose Change the fact that an article of mine is on a website next to the wife of a Holocaust revisionist equates to me 'having lots of connections to...Holocaust Deniers'"
http://screwloosechange.blogspot.com...anada-way.html

The article Blakeney posted was a review of National Post columnist Jonathan Kay's new book Among the Truthers written by his professor at the University of Lethbridge in Alberta Canada, Anthony J. Hall.

Pat's blog was inspired by a post by Scott Sommers at the JREF forum who initially wrote:

Another Connection between 9/11 Truth and Holocaust Denial

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it's widely know that 9/11 Truth personalities and groups are well-connected with Holocaust Denial. Here's another one for you.

As I have posted many times before, I watch the Facebook accounts of people who say they are advocates for a 9/11 Truth-sort-of-thing. Joshua Blackeney, a well-known Canadian 9/11 nut case, is connected through Facebook to Bradley Smith, the 'founder' of the Committee for Open Debate and the Holocaust. Yes, it is a Holocaust Denial kind of thing. Here's its webpage http://www.codoh.com/

God, these guys are disgusting.
However, another poster calling himself Walter Ego stated that he has "seen no evidence that Blakeney is a Holocaust denier" and asked Sommers if he had "a quote where Blakeney specifically denies there was a Holocaust?"

Sommers replies, "No I don't. I doubt he is one. You're right that I have overstated the case and if Mr. Blakeney reads this, I apologize to him for my carelessness."

Pat, however, did not follow suit and say that he overstated his case, but rather moved along to quote from another of Hall's articles where he states that "many intelligence services had prior knowledge that something very drastic was about to happen in the days and weeks leading up to 911. One of those intelligence services was indeed that of Israel."

As Pat notes "Hall's review is extremely long." Jonathan Kay commented on this as well at his website for the book stating:

Dear lord: An *11-thousand*-word review... I doubt anyone will read the whole thing — though I do recommend fast-forwarding to the part where the author describes “Kay’s preference for Wendy’s bacon cheeseburgers over the [9/11 Truth] food for thought that the author could have ingested had he opened his mind and come out of his self-imposed isolation.”
Well, I finally got around to reading the whole thing and I'm going to hazard a guess and say that Pat did as Kay predicted and did not, or else he would have caught the following from Hall, "...It cannot be denied that there are some wild and unsupported and even anti-Jewish, anti-Jesuit, or anti-UN theories about who did 9/11..."

As George Washington's Blog has also pointed out:

There are admittedly a very small number of people claiming that they are for 9/11 truth but making anti-semitic remarks. However, they are shunned by the overwhelming majority of 9/11 activists who abhor anti-semitism. People who say "the Jews did it" and then use a bunch of anti-semitic and derogatory language are probably government infiltrators. Again, however, debating factual evidence one way or the other concerning the possible involvement of people affiliated with an allied intelligence service -- British or Israeli -- is not anti-semitic ... it is Constitutionally-protected free speech."
Hall further writes:

Kay proposes that the basis of this new initiative in mass education should be “a Protocols-centered curriculum.”... The Protocols to which Kay refers are, of course, The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion. This notorious forgery was distributed by its disgruntled and soon-to-be-dethroned czarist disseminators with the aim of stimulating anti-Jewish hatred among its readers. Kay rightfully sees the Protocols as a toxic stimulant for many surges of anti-Jewish thought and action over the years. But Kay does not leave it there. He goes further, much further.

The author advances the view of Daniel Pipes in characterizing the Protocols as the primary archetypal source informing the thinking of virtually every individual and group, including Marx and Marxists, that has put forward any theory whatsoever concerning the alleged abuse of power by any elite minority said to dominate any allegedly subjugated majority. As Kay sees it, “the Protocols would remain ensconced as a sort of universal blueprint for all successor conspiracist ideologies that would come to infect Western societies over the next nine decades,– right up to the modern-day Truther and Birther fantasies of the twenty-first century.”

There are huge leaps of illogic in Kay’s identification of one of the primary texts used to incite Nazi hatred of Jews as a “universal blueprint” extending even to those who study, say, the science of how World Trade Center 7 was downed through controlled demolition. The extremism entailed in such outrageous overreach of the evidence surely confirms the extremity of Jonathan Kay’s zeal to nail the so-called Truthers to the cross of so-called “Trutherdom.”
Huge leaps of illogic, indeed. It is clear that Hall is not an an anti-semite or holocaust denier.

As 911review.com notes, "The association of challenges to the official myth of 9/11 with deniers of the Nazi Holocaust of Jews is one of the more potent weapons in the arsenal of the apologists for the official myth." Of course the potency is diminshed when "debunkers" pull this card so tenuously.

On a final note, Pat states that "Hall's review... largely boils down to griping that Kay doesn't engage in a point-by-point debunking of 9-11 nuttery. Of course, point-by-point debunking doesn't impress the Truthers anyway, as can be seen by their reaction to the Popular Mechanics book."
Old 1st June 2011, 06:45 PM   #19
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

and the comments from the above Facebook post.

Post #1 Veteran's Today carries articles by Ingrid Rimland Zundel, one of the most notorious holocaust deniers on the planet. You also write for V.T. So even if you yourself aren't specifically a Holocaust denier...you're work is alongside one. Also your anti-Israel and 9-11 theories and positions are a good fit for that scene. You do the math.
10 hours ago · Like

Post #1 I see you re-post Ken O'keefe videos, like the one here on your wall about 911 being an Israeli false flag attack...well O'Keefe is very much the Holocaust denier, so it's not a big stretch to call you one too, even if, as you, say, you aren't.
9 hours ago · Like

Joshua Blakeney Guilt by association is one of the lowest forms of argumentation. You cannot refute my arguments and so you attempt to discredit me by drawing attention to who has articles posted on a website where I also have an article posted. Please show me one example of Ken O'Keefe doing what you allege.
9 hours ago · Like

Post #1 I'm not arguing with you about your theories. If your stories are published in the same magazine as a a Holocaust denier, then it becomes a popular perception. We simply assume that you know the kind of stuff that appears in VT and their other online rag the Salem-news.com. You can always distance yourself from VT if you want to try and dispel that perception. Make that same argument next time you show up at Heathrow airport. I just read somewhere that Ken was detained at the airport by M16, interrogated and had his computer and electronic storage devices confiscated before they let him back in to the country.
8 hours ago · Like

Joshua Blakeney I don't care what other people write. I stand by my own statements. If people are stupid and cannot distinguish between my statements and the statements of someone else then that is not my fault. As for Ken, you have no evidence to back up your assertion about him other than he was detained in the UK. Ken is a hero. He has done more for humanity than most people. If MI6 want to detain me next time I go to the UK then they better have good reason to do so. All I have done is read and write. If that's such a threat to the UK then the UK isn't much of a democracy.
8 hours ago · Like

Post #3 Keep doing what your doing brother. First accusations that come up is anti-Semite or anything to do with the holocaust. It's not only used to discredit you but also as a deterrent from what you are writing. Even if you never mentioned the holocaust, it will find it's way in to attack you. It's Zionist fall back to any argument. When in doubt, call someone a anti Semite or bring up the holocaust. It's in Zionist school 101.
8 hours ago · Like · 1 person

Post #1 A man is known not just by what he says and does but by the company he keeps.
8 hours ago · Like

Post #1 I said what i said because you're the one complaining about be typecast as a Holocaust denier.
8 hours ago · Like

Post #2 whatever happens, do NOT start looking into it!!! Just believe what you've been told, it's better that way.

Last edited by Scott Sommers; 1st June 2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 1st June 2011, 06:47 PM   #20
ergo
Illuminator

Um, seeing as how you had to almost immediately recant here,

No I don't. I doubt he is one. You're right that I have overstated the case and if Mr. Blakeney reads this, I apologize to him for my carelessness.
why is this thread still active?

And why do you call Blakeney a "nut case"? Are you a "nut case" too, just because I might have that opinion of your beliefs?
Old 1st June 2011, 07:00 PM   #21
Joey McGee
I am become death, the destroyer of worlds

Quote:
People who say "the Jews did it" and then use a bunch of anti-semitic and derogatory language are probably government infiltrators.
Well one thing I can conclusively say is that this is insane. What's more likely, a real anti-semite or a government infiltrator?
Joey McGee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st June 2011, 07:17 PM   #22
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

ergo, I'm surprised you have to ask a question like this. You've read enough of my posts to know what I think about the Truth Movement and its political direction. Blakeney's wife is not a white woman, so I doubt he is racist in the sense that his Holocaust Denier friends Zundel and Bradley Smith are.

The point of my post was intended to be about the Truth Movement. I have said many, many times that the 9/11 Truth Movement is now fundamentally a right-wing movement. Despite his own beliefs and the way he lives his own life, even someone like Blakeney is being forced into associating with the right-wing dregs of the world. The irony of all this is that 9/11 Truth is increasingly directed by right-wing interests in the USA. That is why I think it's interesting that Blakeney is now hanging around the Internet with the craziest of right-wing activists.

Honestly, Blackeney's still young. He's a student. He is impressionable and has no directions that can't be altered. As I have said, he is energetic and probably quite a good student. I suspect he's a nice guy. What bothers me about all this is Hall. Hall is supposed to be supervising him. Where is his guidance in this? You may not be bothered by his choice of companionship, but as you can see from the comments to his Facebook, there are people around him who are - and they should be. If he doesn't do something about this quickly, this is how he will be remembered.

I AGREE

Last edited by Scott Sommers; 1st June 2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 1st June 2011, 07:35 PM   #23
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

Anthony J Hall provides guidance for Joshua Blakeney regarding his association with Holocaust Deniers

Anthony James Hall - Oh, so somehow Blakeney is responsible for something Bradley Smith said (whoever Bradley Smith is). The efforts of the likes of Jonathan Kay and Michael Shermer and the bloggers at Screw Loose Change (whom Kay puts prominently among his small handful of fellow defenders of the Sacred 9/11 Myth) is to apply the well known propaganda technique of guilt by association.
28 May at 23:48 ·

Anthony James Hall - Is "Up Canada Way" meant to satirize "Down Mexico Way"? Kay's Among The Truthers is full of the type of put downs that racist bigots historically have used, now applied to those who insist on subordinating lies to truth in formulating and applying public policy.
28 May at 23:53 ·

Last edited by Scott Sommers; 1st June 2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 1st June 2011, 11:18 PM   #24
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

There...the link is fixed.

ergo, I'm surprised you have to ask a question like this. You've read enough of my posts to know what I think about the Truth Movement and its political direction. Blakeney's wife is not a white woman, so I doubt he is racist in the sense that his Holocaust Denier friends Zundel and Bradley Smith are.

The point of my post was intended to be about the Truth Movement. I have said many, many times that the 9/11 Truth Movement is now fundamentally a right-wing movement. Despite his own beliefs and the way he lives his own life, even someone like Blakeney is being forced into associating with the right-wing dregs of the world. The irony of all this is that 9/11 Truth is increasingly directed by right-wing interests in the USA. That is why I think it's interesting that Blakeney is now hanging around the Internet with the craziest of right-wing activists.

Honestly, Blackeney's still young. He's a student. He is impressionable and has no directions that can't be altered. As I have said, he is energetic and probably quite a good student. I suspect he's a nice guy. What bothers me about all this is Hall. Hall is supposed to be supervising him. Where is his guidance in this? You may not be bothered by his choice of companionship, but as you can see from the comments to his Facebook, there are people around him who are - and they should be. If he doesn't do something about this quickly, this is how he will be remembered.

I AGREE
Old 1st June 2011, 11:52 PM   #25
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

If anyone here knows Joshua Blakeney, I am trying to leave a comment on his Facebook from my Scott Sommers Facebook profile pointing out how he appears confused about my comments on JREF.

It appears this is impossible. He has arranged his Facebook account so that you can't find him with any kind of search unless you are already his friend. The blog in which he posted my name does not allow comments.
Old 2nd June 2011, 02:12 AM   #26
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Anthony James Hall - Is "Up Canada Way" meant to satirize "Down Mexico Way"?
Yes, it was, but actually that was a mistake on my part. I had initially intended to post two or three things about Canadian Truthers, but when I started digging on Holocaust Denial at VT and found that Zundel's wife posts there, the focus of the post changed. I should have retitled it "Why Does Joshua Blakeney have so many ties to Holocaust Deniers?"

BTW, guilt by association is a fallacy only if the association is a common idea or value or interest that is not the controversial or negative thing about the person to whom the association is claimed. For example:

Hitler was a vegetarian.
Morgan Spurlock is a vegetarian.
Therefore Hitler and Morgan Spurlock are equally evil.

Of course, this one's pretty obviously nutty and not likely to fool anyone. On the other hand, if Morgan Spurlock and Hitler were good buddies, it would not be a guilt by association to point that fact out.
Old 2nd June 2011, 02:34 AM   #27
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ergo View Post
And why do you call Blakeney a "nut case"?
Because he believes 9/11 was an inside job.

Just like John Patrick Bedell, Jared Loughner, James Von Brunn, Sean Fitzgerald
and Richard Poplawski.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2011, 03:58 AM   #28
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

Yes, it was, but actually that was a mistake on my part. I had initially intended to post two or three things about Canadian Truthers, but when I started digging on Holocaust Denial at VT and found that Zundel's wife posts there, the focus of the post changed. I should have retitled it "Why Does Joshua Blakeney have so many ties to Holocaust Deniers?"

BTW, guilt by association is a fallacy only if the association is a common idea or value or interest that is not the controversial or negative thing about the person to whom the association is claimed. For example:

Hitler was a vegetarian.
Morgan Spurlock is a vegetarian.
Therefore Hitler and Morgan Spurlock are equally evil.

Of course, this one's pretty obviously nutty and not likely to fool anyone. On the other hand, if Morgan Spurlock and Hitler were good buddies, it would not be a guilt by association to point that fact out.
This is the very strange thing about Blakeney's blog post. He links to various blog posts in the 9/11 conspiracy world that discuss how this connection between 9/11 Truth and Holocaust Denial are used to discredit 9/11 Truth. He seems to miss the point that posts such as,
Quote:
There are admittedly a very small number of people claiming that they are for 9/11 truth but making anti-semitic remarks. However, they are shunned by the overwhelming majority of 9/11 activists who abhor anti-semitism.
are talking about people like him. It is Truthers like him who do not shun these people that reinforce the idea they are not a pariah in the Truth Movement.

It's issues like this that a proper teacher should have pointed out to him.

Originally Posted by Sword_Of_Truth View Post
Because he believes 9/11 was an inside job.

Just like John Patrick Bedell, Jared Loughner, James Von Brunn, Sean Fitzgerald
and Richard Poplawski.
JB also appears to be an advocate of chemtrails.

I am also wondering why it was that JB and his crew here on the JREF were so quick to find mine and Brainster's posts, but seem so much less quick at responding to our current points. Could it be that they're chicken, right Walter?

Last edited by Scott Sommers; 2nd June 2011 at 05:39 AM.
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:05 AM   #29
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

I am also wondering why it was that JB and his crew here on the JREF were so quick to find mine and Brainster's posts, but seem so much less quick at responding to our current points. Could it be that they're chicken, right Walter?
Seems more likely that they've got an RSS feed from SLC. I linked to this post in mine.
Old 2nd June 2011, 03:29 PM   #30
Tinfoil Hater
Graduate Poster

Jew bashing Truthers are commonplace on Youtube
Tinfoil Hater is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2011, 05:23 PM   #31
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

Seems more likely that they've got an RSS feed from SLC. I linked to this post in mine.
I just woke and had expected some sort of response from the Truther community. Considering that JB thought this significant enough to write a whole blog post about, he doesn't seem interested in talking about it anymore. The same appears true about ergo.

The question I have for JB is why didn't he distance himself from these guys as soon as he found out about the issue. Instead, both he and AJ Hall continue to act as though and say this is a completely unimportant fact. Strangely, in doing this, JB cites passages from other 9/11 Truth venues about how anti-Semitic voices are shunned in the 9/11 Truth community when the point is, that's exactly not what he's doing.

Several years back, it was discovered that Ron Paul's name and property had been used to promote racist messages. The first thing he did was deny that he had anything to do with this and that these people had used his name without his authorization. He distanced himself from this as quickly as possible. Why doesn't JB delist Bradley Smith from his Facebook now that he knows who he is? What is it about Bradley Smith or Ernst Zundel that JB thinks is worth not immediately breaking contact with?

I'd like to hear answers to this from our JREF advocates for a 9/11 Truth. But they seem too busy talking about the role of thermite or dustifying technology in the destruction of the WTC Buildings. I guess they have they their prioritities.

I AGREE

Last edited by Scott Sommers; 2nd June 2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 3rd June 2011, 03:35 PM   #32
Thunder
Banned

Originally Posted by Titanic Explorer View Post
Jew bashing Truthers are commonplace on Youtube
more like non Jew-bashing Truthers are rare on Youtube.
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2011, 09:21 AM   #33
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

I just noticed an interesting thing about Joshua Blakeney's Facebook account.

Facebook now allows you to hide various features of your account. Apparently you can hide your friends from the peering eyes of others. If you are a friend of Josh's, you will not find Bradley Smith on his friend list. But if you go to Bradley's account and look on his friend list, there's Josh for you.

Good try Josh, but if you're ashamed of your friends, why have them in the first place?
Old 5th June 2011, 02:10 AM   #34
little grey rabbit
Banned

Originally Posted by UNLoVedRebel View Post
Actually its not my favorite website - I was banned there a number of times and while I occasionally read it, I don't participate.
I think the considered opinion of Bradley Smith and other leading luminaries is that I am a Hasbara activist. In fact I was so labelled by the prestigious Smith Report.

My favorite site is here
http://rodohforum.yuku.com/
where you are more than welcome to join us, most of the Hoaxsters there have put me on ignore now, so some fresh blood would be most appreciated.
little grey rabbit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2011, 02:16 AM   #35
little grey rabbit
Banned

Originally Posted by Walter Ego View Post
And who are some of Blakeney's co-columnists on Veteran's Today? Well, one of them is Dr Ingrid Rimland Zundel, wife of Ernst Zundel, Canada's leading Holocaust denier.
Strange but true, Ingrid Rimland was, for a time, a collaborator with Simon Wiesenthal.

Quote:
Nice, huh? The Jews have a "syndrome" that causes them to lie about the Holocaust.
"cause" I think is too strong a word, it is too reductionist and removes the element of Jewish agency and moral responsibility. Lets say a tendency or a proclivity that needs to be fought with cognitive therapy.
little grey rabbit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2011, 02:21 AM   #36
little grey rabbit
Banned

I just noticed an interesting thing about Joshua Blakeney's Facebook account.

Facebook now allows you to hide various features of your account. Apparently you can hide your friends from the peering eyes of others. If you are a friend of Josh's, you will not find Bradley Smith on his friend list. But if you go to Bradley's account and look on his friend list, there's Josh for you.

Good try Josh, but if you're ashamed of your friends, why have them in the first place?
Is it just me or no matter how well intentioned SS's facebook crusade might be, it comes across as somewhat stalkerish, even a little bit totalitarian.

I suspect it is just me - but perhaps, just perhaps there are some anti-truthers out there who do get a little nauseous at SS's insistence on hunting down personal details and running public shame campaigns?
Old 5th June 2011, 06:56 PM   #37
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

Originally Posted by little grey rabbit View Post
Is it just me or no matter how well intentioned SS's facebook crusade might be, it comes across as somewhat stalkerish, even a little bit totalitarian.

I suspect it is just me - but perhaps, just perhaps there are some anti-truthers out there who do get a little nauseous at SS's insistence on hunting down personal details and running public shame campaigns?
I can understand why you feel this way. Let me explain a little about how I came to be doing this.

Until about 2 years ago, I almost completely unaware that anyone believed in this 9/11 conspiracy-sort-of-stuff. When I heard about it, the first thing I asked myself was, who could possibly believe this sort of thing? In fact, there are many answers to this available. Journalists have been making claims about what kind of people support this kind of idea for as long as they've been writing about it. But more significantly to me have been claims that originate among the supporters themselves. There is plenty of writing posted on the Internet about the backgrounds of supporters and what other sorts of ideologies they believe. Richard Gage and David Ray Griffin frequently make claims about this point. These claims are frequently cited and quoted by supporters on the JREF and elsewhere. I wanted to find out how true these claims are.
Old 2nd October 2011, 11:04 PM   #38
Walter Ego
Illuminator

Joshua Blakeney Joins Staff Of Holocaust-Denying Magazine

Joshua Blakeney is now a staff writer for the anti-semitic and Holocaust deyning publication Veterans Today (mentioned above). Reported in the Canadian National Post. (Hat tip SLC blog.)

Blakeney has refined his 9/11 theories of late. The Jews did it.

Quote:
I have come to the conclusion that evidence suggests that 9/11 was primarily a Mossad operation done to get the U.S. public to view Middle East affairs through Israel’s spectacles and to perceive a threat from Israel’s enemies the “Islamist terrorists”. It is, however, more likely for one to die in the bath or from lightening than from terrorism.
Old 2nd October 2011, 11:58 PM   #39
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

... connected with Holocaust Denial. ...
You are giving more evidence for, The big picture connection, ignorance.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2011, 05:22 AM   #40
TsuDhoNimh
Thinker

It's "Crank Magnetism" ... Consistency be damned, they just want to see science with egg on its face so they can prove that they are being persecuted.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Crank_magnetism
http://scienceblogs.com/denialism/20..._the_crank.php
http://scienceblogs.com/denialism/20...agnetism_1.php
TsuDhoNimh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories