ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » History, Literature, and the Arts

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 18th May 2013, 08:08 AM   #1
Eddie Dane
Philosopher

False flag attacks by Zionists...

No really.

I remember that Jewish groups, or even the Israeli secret service wanted to "stimulate" Jews in Middle Eastern countries to move to the new Jewish state.

There were bomb attacks, as I recall. And the whole thing got exposed.

This is all from memory.

I wanted to read up on it, but have forgotten the name of the operation.

Does anybody have Wikipedia linky?
Eddie Dane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2013, 08:15 AM   #2
angrysoba
Philosophile

There are allegations that the attacks on Jews in Baghdad were perpetrated by "Zionist" groups:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1950%E...li_involvement

I don't know if anything has been proven there.

One famous example which has been proven is the Lavon Affair:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavon_Affair
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2013, 08:16 AM   #3
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Lavon AffairWP?
Old 18th May 2013, 09:15 AM   #4
ddt
Mafia Penguin

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post

I have nothing to add to the above, but from that wiki link:
Quote:
After Israel publicly denied any involvement in the incident for 51 years, the surviving agents were officially honored in 2005 by being awarded certificates of appreciation by Israeli President Moshe Katzav.
There was a recent thread in which some posters claimed that Israel didn't honour terrorists.
"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." - "Saint" Teresa, the lying thieving Albanian dwarf

"I think accuracy is important" - Vixen
ddt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2013, 11:12 AM   #5
Courier
Banned

I'm very curious to see where & what this is leading to.
Courier is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2013, 12:03 PM   #6
Eddie Dane
Philosopher

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
There are allegations that the attacks on Jews in Baghdad were perpetrated by "Zionist" groups:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1950%E...li_involvement

I don't know if anything has been proven there.

Ah, yes. The Lavon affair. Thank you.
Eddie Dane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2013, 12:08 PM   #7
Eddie Dane
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Courier View Post
I'm very curious to see where & what this is leading to.
Nowhere in particular.

I see a lot of debates on the net where the pro-Israeli side will point out that a lot of Jews were chased of their land too.
And then the anti-Israeli side will respond that all those people were actually just the victims of a false flag operation. (thereby implicitly claiming that nobody in Egypt, Morocco etc. made life impossible for those people)

I was vaguely familiar with it and thought I'd read up on the matter. (scope, impact etc) to get it in context.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » History, Literature, and the Arts