ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Albert Pike

Old 5th August 2006, 08:49 AM   #1
FireGarden
Philosopher

3 world wars and Albert Pike

http://www.threeworldwars.com/albert-pike.htm

I think this right forum.
Illuminati
One world order

B'tselem
Tony Karon's blog
FireGarden is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2006, 10:34 PM   #2
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Well, yes, Albert Pike was kind of weird. Won a lot of awards, surely, but in my opinion he's a little overrated.

The problem with your article, however, occurs when you get to this part:

Quote:
It is for this reason that most Freemasons vehemently deny the evil intentions of their fraternity. Since the vast majority never reach the 30th degree, they would not be aware of the real purpose behind Masonry.
This is Just Plain Wrong. The 4th through the 32nd degrees are not consecutive; they are self-contained, and only numbered by the order in which they were invented and added to the Rite. In the US, every single Mason who joins the Scottish Rite will receive the 32nd degree at the very least. You can easily be a 32nd degree Mason in less than a year after joining Freemasonry - and you can be a 32nd degree Mason for any number of years before obtaining your 4th, 5th, or 6th (etc) degrees. You can obtain the degrees in any order, and take as long as you want to obtain them; you're still 32nd degree whatever you do.

"Secret High-Levels Knowledge" CT: Busted.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2006, 09:02 AM   #3
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

Hrm, my great-granddaddy (paternal) was a Mason. Can I get an honorary mention in the CT world?
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2010, 04:45 AM   #4
QuibusLicet
New Blood

"Albert Pike to Mazzini, August 15, 1871: Three World Wars?"

Thought you guys might want to check this out. It definitively proves not only that the so-called "letter" is bunk (it comes from the Taxil hoax material), but that William Guy Carr went even further - he made up the part about "three world wars."

I think they said that I couldn't post links my first few posts, so you'll have to Google it: Melanson "Albert Pike to Mazzini, August 15, 1871: Three World Wars?"
QuibusLicet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2010, 05:10 AM   #5
LightinDarkness
Master Poster

Originally Posted by QuibusLicet View Post
Thought you guys might want to check this out. It definitively proves not only that the so-called "letter" is bunk (it comes from the Taxil hoax material), but that William Guy Carr went even further - he made up the part about "three world wars."

I think they said that I couldn't post links my first few posts, so you'll have to Google it: Melanson "Albert Pike to Mazzini, August 15, 1871: Three World Wars?"
Talk about resurrecting an old thread! However, still a good point. The Three World Wars letter is a hoax.
LightinDarkness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2010, 06:19 AM   #6
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
Well, yes, Albert Pike was kind of weird. Won a lot of awards, surely, but in my opinion he's a little overrated.

This is Just Plain Wrong. The 4th through the 32nd degrees are not consecutive; they are self-contained, and only numbered by the order in which they were invented and added to the Rite. In the US, every single Mason who joins the Scottish Rite will receive the 32nd degree at the very least. You can easily be a 32nd degree Mason in less than a year after joining Freemasonry - and you can be a 32nd degree Mason for any number of years before obtaining your 4th, 5th, or 6th (etc) degrees. You can obtain the degrees in any order, and take as long as you want to obtain them; you're still 32nd degree whatever you do.

My Dad joined the Masons in Scotland.I always thought that it was a social thing.I'm really surprised to learn that he was a member of an evil secret society.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2010, 07:34 AM   #7
TjW
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post

Interesting. So they're like merit badges?
TjW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2010, 07:33 PM   #8
ktesibios
Worthless Aging Hippie

"Albert Pike and the Three World Wars" would be an excellent name for a rock band.
Old 16th October 2010, 11:51 AM   #9
ReverendClog
Banned

I had dinner in a masonic lodge last Monday, and the only sinister thing I saw was the price of the drinks afterward. Seriously though they are just LARPers like the civil war lot.
ReverendClog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories