ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags part 2 , loose change , 911 conspiracy theory

Closed Thread
Old 15th June 2006, 11:43 AM   #2881
Mr. Skinny
Alien Cryogenic Engineer
 
Mr. Skinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 7,506
Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
I don't know if a rule is warranted, but I essentially agree with you. About 500-1000 posts ago I suggested to Zakur that this one be closed and Pt. 3 begun. Who knows when or if it'll be done.
I predict it'll never be done, since Zakur isn't a moderator.

Do I win the million?
__________________
U.S.L.S 1969-1975
"thanks skinny. And bite me. :-) - The Bad Astronomer, 11/15/02 on Paltalk
"He's harmless in a rather dorky way." - Katana
"Deities do not organize, they command." - Hokulele
Mr. Skinny is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 11:44 AM   #2882
DavidJames
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Front Range, CO
Posts: 10,493
Originally Posted by dubfan View Post
Killtown is my new favorite CTer, he is the new standard by which I measure all CTers
__________________
For 15 years I never put anyone on ignore. I felt it important to see everyone's view point. Finally I realized the value of some views can be measured in negative terms and were personally destructive.
DavidJames is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 11:45 AM   #2883
Darat
Lackey
Administrator
 
Darat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: South East, UK
Posts: 78,330
If it is at a natural point (I'm not following it you lot post way too much!) I can close it and you can start part 3.
__________________
I wish I knew how to quit you
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 11:56 AM   #2884
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing
 
Brainster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 14,440
Blogger's American Pie Parody Mentions Loose Change

This song will probably not be as amusing to those who were rooting for Karl Rove to be indicted, but I did want to note the Loose Change mention.

This part comes in the song where McLean sings, "Did you write the Book of Love and do you have faith in God above..."

Quote:
Did you see the film Loose Change?
And do you have faith you're not deranged
Though ev'rybody tells you so?
Do you believe in "Downing Street"
The "Memo" that'll get Shrub impeached?
And can you prove Kerry won O-hi-o?
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 11:58 AM   #2885
Sentinel
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 221
Lots of laughs here.

I see the skeptic board seems to deal in conjecture and no investigation on the legit questions Posted.



1.Why didn't Amb Barbara Bodine (Yemen) allow John O'neil (NY-FBI Terror Chief back into country to do the follow up?

2. Why was the State of Florida the only state in the union under State of Emergency on September 7 2001?

3. Why did the President not follow the warning on the Aug 6 PDB regarding OBL and the hijack threat?

4. Why did the president continue on his non-important talk with school children in sarasota when he already knew about the first hit as by John Cochran ABC news "Mr President do you know about whats happening in NY?" The President: "Yes, I do, I'll have something to say about later?"


5. Why did the Mayor of NYC confiscate public city records and put them in his private storage Which amount to Grand Larcen. 2 "The Theft of Public records?"


Sure looks english to me.


Sentinel
Sentinel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 12:03 PM   #2886
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,154
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
I see the skeptic board seems to deal in conjecture and no investigation on the legit questions Posted.



1.Why didn't Amb Barbara Bodine (Yemen) allow John O'neil (NY-FBI Terror Chief back into country to do the follow up?

2. Why was the State of Florida the only state in the union under State of Emergency on September 7 2001?

3. Why did the President not follow the warning on the Aug 6 PDB regarding OBL and the hijack threat?

4. Why did the president continue on his non-important talk with school children in sarasota when he already knew about the first hit as by John Cochran ABC news "Mr President do you know about whats happening in NY?" The President: "Yes, I do, I'll have something to say about later?"


5. Why did the Mayor of NYC confiscate public city records and put them in his private storage Which amount to Grand Larcen. 2 "The Theft of Public records?"


Sure looks english to me.


Sentinel
Looks like a bunch of questions. Questions are not evidence. Questions are not a hypothesis that can be independently reviewed for accuracy.
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 12:30 PM   #2887
Mashuna
Ovis ex Machina
 
Mashuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,854
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
I see the skeptic board seems to deal in conjecture and no investigation on the legit questions Posted.



1.Why didn't Amb Barbara Bodine (Yemen) allow John O'neil (NY-FBI Terror Chief back into country to do the follow up?

2. Why was the State of Florida the only state in the union under State of Emergency on September 7 2001?

3. Why did the President not follow the warning on the Aug 6 PDB regarding OBL and the hijack threat?

4. Why did the president continue on his non-important talk with school children in sarasota when he already knew about the first hit as by John Cochran ABC news "Mr President do you know about whats happening in NY?" The President: "Yes, I do, I'll have something to say about later?"


5. Why did the Mayor of NYC confiscate public city records and put them in his private storage Which amount to Grand Larcen. 2 "The Theft of Public records?"


Sure looks english to me.


Sentinel

And can you sceptics answer the following legitimate questions:

1. Is my glass half full or half empty?

2. Who put the ram in the ramalamadingdong?

3. Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?

4. What's in my pocketsess?

5. Where did I put my car keys?

Actually, don't worry about questions four and five, they've just answered themselves.
Mashuna is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 12:32 PM   #2888
Sentinel
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 221
In any investigation you start off with questions.

Thats what forensic investigation is about. If you don't ask questions then you'll end up like the dweeds at LC who will believe anything they're told.
Thats why there are people like myself who are very skeptical of everyone on both the right and the left.

If you won't stand up for something then you'll lay down for anything.


Have a nice day




Sentinel
Sentinel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 12:40 PM   #2889
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,154
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Thats what forensic investigation is about. If you don't ask questions then you'll end up like the dweeds at LC who will believe anything they're told.
Thats why there are people like myself who are very skeptical of everyone on both the right and the left.

If you won't stand up for something then you'll lay down for anything.

Have a nice day

Sentinel
You questions are loaded and biased; therefore useless for investigative purposes. Your continual assumptions about what other forumites think, have for opinions; or do, or don't do; reveals your arrogance.

The fact you continual post nothing but questions, and put the effort of validating your W.A.G.s shows you have nothing to stand on.

The fact that you've been shown what is necessary to put together a scientifically valid hypothesis, and present it; yet choose not to, shows that you are guilty of exactly that which you bemoan in your post.
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 12:42 PM   #2890
Sentinel
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 221
Sorry

Whats funny about it is no one seems able to answer the legit questions it all just comes down to silly answers.

If you love your country as much as you claim you'd pay attention to whats happening.

But, I guess everyone is for the free ride and won't expend a single ounce of blood to defend it. So when it looks like Iraq on the streets, remember the troops and the first responders.

It seems they're the only one with the balls to fight for whats right while some of you are just full of jokes.



God Bless


Sentinel
Sentinel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 12:46 PM   #2891
Sentinel
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 221
Answer the questions.....

Tell me one Item in the inquiery thats biased and not fact.
The fact is some of you are just jerks with no sence of up or down. Sure my writing needs work but have you even bother to counter the questions on points rather than resort to sophisticated jiberish, Really?




Sentinel
Sentinel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 12:46 PM   #2892
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,154
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Whats funny about it is no one seems able to answer the legit questions it all just comes down to silly answers.
It's been explained why your questions are meaningless. Try reading the answers instead of spewing out some knee-jerk response.

Quote:
If you love your country as much as you claim you'd pay attention to whats happening.
1) This is an international forum.
2) More blatant arrogance. You assume that just because your thread gull behavior isn't affecting the desired outcome that people aren't (outside of this forum) active in world. How trite.

Quote:
But, I guess everyone is for the free ride and won't expend a single ounce of blood to defend it. So when it looks like Iraq on the streets, remember the troops and the first responders.
What are you doing besides posting unsubstatiated drivel on message boards?

Quote:
It seems they're the only one with the balls to fight for whats right while some of you are just full of jokes.
Tell that to Huntsman's face. He's (been) a medic in Iraq. See my previous question. Hypocrit.
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 12:51 PM   #2893
Sentinel
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 221
Hipocrite ?

Why the hell are they in Iraq ?

WMDs ? Really


I don't fear any man on the god damn planet so take your little scare tactic to someone who lives on fear acorns -N- ******. You don't have the slightest damn clue who I am or where I've been, Dig It?




Sentinel

[pmod=Paul C. Anagnostopoulos]Edited for breach of rule 8.[/pmod]

Last edited by Paul C. Anagnostopoulos; 15th June 2006 at 12:59 PM.
Sentinel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 12:55 PM   #2894
Louicifer
New Blood
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4
Hi everyone ! First post here and jumping straight in the fire. Well, I've been lurking long enough and read both LC treads.

Even though questions aren't evidence, here's a good one : Would it have been easier for the goverment to publish fake satellite pictures showing WMD to go to war instead of all this micmac CD-fake plane-cover-up thing ?

P.S.: Yes, english is my second language and I won't mind a little help
Louicifer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 12:55 PM   #2895
Sentinel
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 221
The facts

Thats all that was stated.
Answer the questions.



Oh, and by the way, my brother is forrce recion with three damn tours.
My family is long in the military, we put our blood in a long time ago.




Sentinel
Sentinel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 12:55 PM   #2896
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,154
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Why the hell are they in Iraq ?

WMDs ? Really

I don't fear any man on the god damn planet so take your little scare tactic to someone who lives on fear acorns -N- *******. You don't have the slightest damn clue who I am or where I've been, Dig It?

Sentinel
I don't care who you are, where you've been, or where you are now. I pointed to Huntsman to highlight the fact that there are people on this forum that are currently risking their lives so smacktards like yourself and spout off any nonsense you feel like.
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 12:55 PM   #2897
Apollyon
Muse
 
Apollyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 942
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
I see the skeptic board seems to deal in conjecture and no investigation on the legit questions Posted.

2. Why was the State of Florida the only state in the union under State of Emergency on September 7 2001?
You claim to have thoroughly investigated things. So why do you regurgitate the same commonly held misconceptions that every other CT looney tune does? Did you ever bother to fact check this claim?

Florida, of which I'm a long-time resident, was not under a State of Emergency on Sept. 7. Jeb Bush issued EO 01-261 to update EO 01-17. The new EO specified that National Guard troops should be trained to support law enforcement personnel in the event of a civil disturbance or natural disaster. Bush also delegated the Adjutant General of Florida the authority to order National Guard troops into active service to fulfill this training requirement.

It was not any sort of "State of Emergency" or martial law, as so many of your compatriots in spreading false information keep repeating over and over.

Get your facts straight.
Apollyon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 12:57 PM   #2898
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,154
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Thats all that was stated.
Answer the questions.
...
Sentinel
Let me spell it out for you:

Your. Questions. Are. Crap.

Post a statement that can be discussed and stop relying on innuendo through questions.
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 12:58 PM   #2899
CptColumbo
Just One More Question
 
CptColumbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Lots of places
Posts: 9,213
Originally Posted by Louicifer View Post
Hi everyone ! First post here and jumping straight in the fire. Well, I've been lurking long enough and read both LC treads.

Even though questions aren't evidence, here's a good one : Would it have been easier for the goverment to publish fake satellite pictures showing WMD to go to war instead of all this micmac CD-fake plane-cover-up thing ?

P.S.: Yes, english is my second language and I won't mind a little help
Welcome,

Yes, and yet they didn't find when they looked for them in Iraq. You would think that if the Gov't was able to pull off such an elaborate scheme as 9-11, they would have been able to plant a few nukes in Iraq.

Your English is pretty good. Quite a bit better than my French.
__________________
I've been involved in a lot of cults, both as a leader and a follower. You have more fun as a follower, but you make more money as a leader.--Creed, "The Office"
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 01:11 PM   #2900
60hzxtl
Muse
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 697
Sentinal,

Have you answered the question about "no intact bodies" found besides John O'Neil?

Have you asked around at work about Capt. Patrick Brown?

I rode with him for a week when he was at Rescue One, in the early '90's.

I was at St. Paul's when the found him. Word spread fast that day.
60hzxtl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 01:28 PM   #2901
Sentinel
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 221
60hzxt

yes, and again thats the reason I'm trying to find out what happened to my friends who were lost. Unlike the jerkoffs who spend their day downing peoples questions and the volchures circling to make a buck off them, I've put my own money time sweat blood and tears into this.

Some people are just natural born ******** so I won't be dealing with them anymore.


Yes, Why was florida the only state scared of terrorism and why did the president leave the country unguarded?


Why did Mayor Guliani steal public records to place them in private storage?


Why did the president IN FLORIDA stay talking with children? Why didn't the Secret Service place him protective custody?



Why are people with family history in collaboration with the NAZIs in power?




And I could give a god damn if you don't lhave any respect for me or what I'm doing or where I've been because it's obvious you're a damn clown.

And the proper spelling was (USMC Force Recon)

Keep it real or else !!!



Sentinel
Sentinel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 01:28 PM   #2902
Trifikas
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 301
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Thats what forensic investigation is about. If you don't ask questions then you'll end up like the dweeds at LC who will believe anything they're told.
Thats why there are people like myself who are very skeptical of everyone on both the right and the left.

If you won't stand up for something then you'll lay down for anything.

Have a nice day
Sentinel
Well, be fair here. Forensic Investigation doesn't involve asking random statements, they have a working theory and ask questions that determine the validity of the theory. (with the possible exception of VERY preliminary questions like asking witnessess "What did you see?") That being said,


Q2. Why was the State of Florida the only state in the union under State of Emergency on September 7 2001?

A2. Bit of a misconception: EXECUTIVE ORDER NUMBER 01-261 was signed by Jeb Bush, Sept 7th, but it does not declare any state of emergency or indicate that Florida is under Martial Law. Important quote:

"I hereby find that the public welfare requires that the Florida National Guard train to support law-enforcement personnel and emergency-management personnel in the event of civil disturbances or natural disasters and to provide training support to law-enforcement personnel and community-based organizations relating to counter drug operations. " (Found on Myflorida.com)

Considering it was the middle of Hurricane Season, Tropical Storm Barry having hit the panhandle less than a month ago, Training the National Guard to support Law-enforcement personnel in an emergency seems like a good idea to me.
---------------
Q3. Why did the President not follow the warning on the Aug 6 PDB regarding OBL and the hijack threat?

A3. It would depend on what was in the Aug 6th Warning, really. If there's a link to the actual text of the message we might be able to find out. most likely becuase:

A3a. We probably get a lot of warnings such as this. OBL isn't the only group who'se made threats against the government. Don't know enough about the frequency to determine.

A3b. Unless the warning contained What was going to be attacked, When it was going to be attacked, and how it was going to be attacked, I'm not certain what could be done. Coupled with "A3a", above, a simple "Boy who cried 'wolf'" Scenario isn't very far fetched.


So theres a Start; someone else want to flesh out the other 3?

And before you ask more questions, Sentinel, let's get your answers to the 5 you already asked so we can keep some semblance of order on this already too-long thread...
Trifikas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 01:36 PM   #2903
Sentinel
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 221
OK Respected

The PDb stated the threat revolved around hijacking planes and crashing them into landmarks. The reason John Ashcroft stop flying commercial airlines in july 01 was because of the FBI threat assesment same reason why the pilots wanted to carry firearms.


Can anyone say "Bojinka"



You people acted like the Government is your friend. Remember the savings and loans scandal?


What about Iran/Contra and the hearings " The plan to suspend habeas Corpus and the constitution'?

Oh, thats right, theres no corruption with the governemnt at all, its just a CT scare tactic.


This is the same pattern that germany took right before hitler and his freinds came to power.


"Divide and conquer"



Sentinel
Sentinel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 01:41 PM   #2904
Sentinel
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 221
Florida

You forgot the part about the threat of terrorism.

How coincidental that the governor is the presidents brother and the order was 4 days before the most horrific terror attack in history.


I guess tyhats why the SS didn't feel the presidents safety was going to be comprimised because of Jebs high attention to public safety. Thats the reason the hurricane victims are still waiting for homes all this time.



Good show




Sentinel
Sentinel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 01:47 PM   #2905
Louicifer
New Blood
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by CptColumbo
Welcome,

Yes, and yet they didn't find when they looked for them in Iraq. You would think that if the Gov't was able to pull off such an elaborate scheme as 9-11, they would have been able to plant a few nukes in Iraq.
Or preventing that whole Watergate scandal.


Quote:
Your English is pretty good. Quite a bit better than my French.
Merci !
Louicifer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 01:57 PM   #2906
EvilBiker
Muse
 
EvilBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cape Town
Posts: 943
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Keep it real or else !!!



Sentinel
Or else what?

Oh, and just btw, please elaborate on SIGINT for me...
__________________
Flat Earth Theory:
The unfortunate result of ordering pizza to satisfy munchies after smoking way too much weed to bring you down from that hectic acid trip.
EvilBiker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 01:57 PM   #2907
Class
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 257
Originally Posted by 60hzxtl View Post
Please, It is an unending task and your head will blow up - They contradict, overlap, cancel each other out, and support everthing from Zardoz to floride in the water. I like the latest ones about chemtrails - and this quote had me rolling:

---im not a doctor but i had cold/flu-like symptoms that did not feel like the flu/cold. i think something might be going on, potentially to kill off or sedate those who might be hearing about the truth.

any thoughts on this? ---


Yipes! Then how do you know it's not just a hangnail?
Heh heh, my friend posted that as a joke at the request of me just to see what their reaction would be and if they would believe it. I took those pictures myself on Sunday when I was visiting my parents and I thought it would be funny to post them on Loose Change. I would have posted them myself, but I had already announced to the LC forum that I do not believe in this chemtrail stuff, or any other wild conspiracy theories.
Class is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 02:06 PM   #2908
Trifikas
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 301
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
The PDb stated the threat revolved around hijacking planes and crashing them into landmarks. The reason John Ashcroft stop flying commercial airlines in july 01 was because of the FBI threat assesment same reason why the pilots wanted to carry firearms.
And it's a unfortunate that they were not allowed to, for the obvious reason. But since noone knew that the targets would be the WTC complex, or where the planes would be Hijacked from, or that the date was 2 and a half months away, it's unfair to say it could have been prevented based on this one warning message.

Like everything else, there's good and bad within the government. IRAN / Contra is certainly an example of "Bad". Noone here (I don't think) maintains any illusions that it's 100% right. The question is "Is the Government lying about 9/11", And based on what I've been shown (and not just by the government), There aren't any show-stopping problems in the report.
Trifikas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 02:14 PM   #2909
Trifikas
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 301
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
You forgot the part about the threat of terrorism.
To be specific, I didn't forget, I just didn't quote the whole thing. It doesn't prove that Jeb Bush knew about the hijacking occuring 4 days from then. It sounds like covering all the basis. And you said so yourself that there was the PDb document, warning of possible terror attacks. add the fact that there were terror attacks before, you might as well plan for every contingency.

You can't automaticly attribute a sinister motive to every action by the government. And heck, it probably wasn't even Jeb Bush's idea, some underling wrote it up with a comittee and he just signed it.

EDIT - Grammatical error
Trifikas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 02:16 PM   #2910
MikeW
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,910
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
The PDb stated the threat revolved around hijacking planes and crashing them into landmarks.
The August 6th one? No, it did not.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/images/04/10/whitehouse.pdf
MikeW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 02:16 PM   #2911
joseph k.
Scholar
 
joseph k.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 86
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
The PDb stated the threat revolved around hijacking planes and crashing them into landmarks. The reason John Ashcroft stop flying commercial airlines in july 01 was because of the FBI threat assesment same reason why the pilots wanted to carry firearms.


Can anyone say "Bojinka"
All other Bush Cabinet appointees, with the exception of Interior and Energy with remote sites to oversee, fly commercial airliners.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/...in303601.shtml

BEN-VENISTE: ...At some point in the spring or summer of 2001, around the time of this heightened threat alert, you apparently began to use a private chartered jet plane, changing from your use of commercial aircraft on grounds, our staff is informed, of an FBI threat assessment. And, indeed, as you told us, on September 11th itself you were on a chartered jet at the time of the attack.

Can you supply the details, sir, regarding the threat which caused you to change from commercial to private leased jet?

ASHCROFT: ...Let me indicate to you that I never ceased to use commercial aircraft for my personal travel.

ASHCROFT: My wife traveled to Germany and back in August. My wife and I traveled to Washington, D.C., on the 3rd of September before the 17th -- before the 11th attack on commercial aircraft.

I have exclusively traveled on commercial aircraft for my personal travel; continued through the year 2000, through the entirety of the threat period to the nation.

The assessment made by the security team and the Department of Justice was made early in the year. It was not related to a terrorism threat as a threat to the nation. It was related to an assessment of the security for the attorney general, given his responsibilities and the job that he undertakes. And it related to the maintenance of arms and other things by individuals who travel with the attorney general. And it was their assessment that we would be best served to use government aircraft.

These were not private chartered jet aircraft. These were aircraft of the United States government. And it was on such an aircraft that I was on my way to an event in Milwaukee on the morning of September the 11th.
http://www.nj.com/war/ledger/index.s..._ashcroft.html

"Mr. Moore's fact-checking team found evidence that Mr. Ashcroft had flown commercially at least twice that summer."
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/20/mo...&ex=1403064000

Thanks again for 911myths.com!
joseph k. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 02:16 PM   #2912
Argumemnon
World Maker
 
Argumemnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the thick of things
Posts: 67,305
Originally Posted by Arkan_Wolfshade View Post
On the flip side, they might end up with exposure to hammegk. Consider:
On the counter-flip side THAT could cause the imposion of the universe.




...in a controlled fashion.
__________________
<Roar!>

Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 02:19 PM   #2913
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,154
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
On the counter-flip side THAT could cause the imposion of the universe.




...in a controlled fashion.
At least the vacuum created would suck in matter at faster than freefall.
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 02:19 PM   #2914
CptColumbo
Just One More Question
 
CptColumbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Lots of places
Posts: 9,213
Originally Posted by Louicifer View Post
Merci !
De Rien.
__________________
I've been involved in a lot of cults, both as a leader and a follower. You have more fun as a follower, but you make more money as a leader.--Creed, "The Office"
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 02:28 PM   #2915
Trifikas
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 301
Oddly, I've been seeing reports that Iraq's WMD's were moved to Syria. The most famous of course being the Daily Show interview with Fmr Saddam General Georges Sada.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1601210/posts

Tough to prove, unfortunatly, but the source is someone who should know.
Trifikas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 02:30 PM   #2916
RandFan
Mormon Atheist
 
RandFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 60,134
Originally Posted by Class View Post
Heh heh, my friend posted that as a joke at the request of me just to see what their reaction would be and if they would believe it. I took those pictures myself on Sunday when I was visiting my parents and I thought it would be funny to post them on Loose Change. I would have posted them myself, but I had already announced to the LC forum that I do not believe in this chemtrail stuff, or any other wild conspiracy theories.
Welcome Class, and welcome to any newcomer that I have not acknowledged.

And Class, what the hell do you mean that you don't believe in this "chemtrail" stuff"? Are you a government shill?
__________________
Ego, ain't it a bitch?
RandFan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 02:33 PM   #2917
RandFan
Mormon Atheist
 
RandFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 60,134
Sentinel,

Your accusations are unfair and inaccurate for most here. Many have been critical of Bush and the government. Most have soberly and sincerely looked at the evidence. We don't have to prove our skepticism to you. If you have a claim then make it. We will consider your argument and any supporting evidence, if you have a compelling argument we will reconsider our position.

Do you have an argument or evidence? Or do you just have these wink, wink, nudge, nudge questions?
__________________
Ego, ain't it a bitch?
RandFan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 02:34 PM   #2918
Sentinel
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 221
Really

And BOJINKA was a myth too.

Why is guantonimo holding people without trial,yet, the spokesman for the Taliban is attending Yale?

Why isn't he labeled E/C ?
I guess hes' just a myth too.

Why is it the military recruiters aren't allowed there but the taliban is ?


Tally ho


Sentinel
Sentinel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 02:36 PM   #2919
RandFan
Mormon Atheist
 
RandFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 60,134
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
And BOJINKA was a myth too.

Why is guantonimo holding people without trial,yet, the spokesman for the Taliban is attending Yale?

Why isn't he labeled E/C ?
I guess hes' just a myth too.

Why is it the military recruiters aren't allowed there but the taliban is ?


Tally ho


Sentinel
Tally ho,

Now mount your trusted steed and ride to protect the honor of your fair Dulcinea (AKA world view).
__________________
Ego, ain't it a bitch?
RandFan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th June 2006, 02:36 PM   #2920
Apollyon
Muse
 
Apollyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 942
Sentinal,

I have some questions for you:

Why, when someone provides an answer to your questions, do you just ignore them?

What is the point of asking your questions if you just walk away and don't bother to respond?

Are you just trolling?

Are you going to admit that many of your questions are pure balderdash?

Is there any reason I should not put you on ignore?
Apollyon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:11 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.