ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Boston incidents , Kyle Chapman , Mark Sahady , white nationalists

Reply
Old 9th September 2019, 11:53 AM   #641
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector
 
ponderingturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 47,866
Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
I can't be bothered, the jerks fixated on the One True Definition of Nazi have ruined this thread. I suggest all others abandon the thread and let the miscreants invade Russia in winter on their own.
Well it is like trying to talk about racism with the same people, if they are not wearing a klan suit with a burning cross and screaming racial epithets while shooting Emmett Tills memorial it isn't racism.
__________________
Sufficiently advanced Woo is indistinguishable from Parody
"There shall be no *poofing* in science" Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Force ***** on reasons back" Ben Franklin
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 11:58 AM   #642
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 6,704
Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
I can't be bothered, the jerks fixated on the One True Definition of Nazi have ruined this thread. I suggest all others abandon the thread and let the miscreants invade Russia in winter on their own.
Ruined it from what? This thread would be dead in the water if it wasn't for that conversation. Outside of the judge getting his ass handed to him by the state courts, there's nothing left to talk about it.

Way to stick it to everyone who doesn't view conversation the same as you though. That'll teach everyone to speak to each other on an online forum. Stupid jerks.
__________________
"Circumcision and death threats go together like milk and cookies." - William Parcher

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 11:58 AM   #643
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Currently Dismembered
Posts: 8,465
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
There was a link to a podcast that documented that very requirement. That you either refuse to listen to it, refuse to acknowledge it, or refuse to provide a solid argument against isn't everyone else's problem. You've then changed it to mean that people in power have to believe that (which their is in King, and even Trump to some level). Now I'm not sure where this argument has gone to as it seems to grow legs sporadically.

What are your requirements now?
Read this three times, and still have no idea what you are talking about.

I don't normally dedicate time to random podcasts. If you have an argument, present it. You know full and well that pointing elsewhere is not presenting your own argument.

You say I changed my argument to 'people in power have to believe that...' Hold up : give me a quote on that one. I never said people in power have to believe anything.

You think my argument has 'grown legs' because you are insisting that I am saying things that I am not. You are projecting this ' wanting to versus being able to' argument on me. Dann thinks I'm saying they don't understand what National Socialism is. Darat is just making things up.

Please: quote where I say people in power have to believe something. If you predictably handwave or flounce, I'll take that as the sum of your argument
__________________
"Half of what he said meant something else, and the other half didn't mean anything at all" -Rosencrantz, on Hamlet

Last edited by Thermal; 9th September 2019 at 12:02 PM. Reason: god I hate cell phones
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 12:01 PM   #644
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 6,704
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Read this three times, and still have no idea what you are talking about.

I don't normally dedicate time to random podcasts. If you have an argument, present it. You know full and we'll that pointing elsewhere is not presenting your own argument.

You say I changed my argument to 'people in power have to believe that...' Hold up : give me a quote on that one. I never said people in powder have to believe anything.

You think my argument has 'grown legs' because you are insisting that I am saying things that I am not. You are projecting this ' wanting to versus being able go's argument on me. Dann thinks Ian saying they don't understand what National Socialism is. Darat is just making things up.

Please: quote where I say people in power have to believe something. If you predictably hardware or flounce, I'll take that as the sum of your argument
No. I'm not wasting my time digging through all your quotes. Your argument has been that the current day Nazi's don't have any power, therefor they aren't really Nazi's, they're inconsequential. Which isn't true.

For the record, what is the actual argument you're making here? It sucks we have to go through this but now after 5ish pages, I have no idea anymore what your argument is, so we'll start here. In no uncertain terms, clearly lay out for me what your argument is and I'll be more than happy to reply.
__________________
"Circumcision and death threats go together like milk and cookies." - William Parcher

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 12:11 PM   #645
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Currently Dismembered
Posts: 8,465
[quote=plague311;12813911]No. I'm not wasting my time digging through all your quotes. Your argument has been that the current day Nazi's don't have any power, therefor they aren't really Nazi's, they're inconsequential. Which isn't true.[ /quote]

What a surprise. You keep saying what my argument is, but can't quote a single post.

Quote:
For the record, what is the actual argument you're making here? It sucks we have to go through this but now after 5ish pages, I have no idea anymore what your argument is, so we'll start here. In no uncertain terms, clearly lay out for me what your argument is and I'll be more than happy to reply.
And now you want me to repeat everything so you can continue not reading? No thanks.
__________________
"Half of what he said meant something else, and the other half didn't mean anything at all" -Rosencrantz, on Hamlet
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 12:16 PM   #646
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 6,704
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
What a surprise. You keep saying what my argument is, but can't quote a single post.

And now you want me to repeat everything so you can continue not reading? No thanks.
Cool, **** it then. No reason to engage. I didn't realize asking for a clarification, when you point out I'm wrong, was a conversation killer. Ok then.
__________________
"Circumcision and death threats go together like milk and cookies." - William Parcher

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 12:48 PM   #647
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Currently Dismembered
Posts: 8,465
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Cool, **** it then. No reason to engage. I didn't realize asking for a clarification, when you point out I'm wrong, was a conversation killer. Ok then.
Dude, accusing me of holding weird and changing arguments and then saying you can't be bothered to back them up is a hella conversation killer.

When im back on laptop I'll try to answer your question. Cell phone driving me nuts
__________________
"Half of what he said meant something else, and the other half didn't mean anything at all" -Rosencrantz, on Hamlet
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 01:19 PM   #648
ArchSas
Thinker
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 176
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
I don't normally dedicate time to random podcasts. If you have an argument, present it. You know full and well that pointing elsewhere is not presenting your own argument.
Because I'm the person that originally brought up the podcast , I feel compelled to reiterate that I did so as evidence for the (I thought obvious) claim being asserted by many in this thread that, indeed there are prominent modern day neo-Nazis that advocate for genocide and fascistic ethnostates. I used that podcast specifically because it's by far the most convenient source I'm aware of that specifically catalogues what those kinds of people actually say, and what kind of discourse happens in those circles. The hosts of the show created it to document that sort of content after realizing how often it gets scrubbed from easy-to-access platforms due to deplatforming, other forms of censorship, and even the creators' own efforts to censor themselves to appear more mainstream. It's not random chit-chat, it's quotes from people like Richard Spencer, the hosts of The Daily Shoah and The Right Stuff, and other prominent figures in that world (plus some mocking commentary).

If you don't want to listen to it (although, again, I recommend you do), choose whatever subject you like from the episode list and have a look at the sources or transcript. Because otherwise, as plague311 was saying, it really looks like you're refusing to engage with evidence that disagrees with your assertions.

Last edited by ArchSas; 9th September 2019 at 01:40 PM.
ArchSas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 01:28 PM   #649
luchog
Neo-Post-Retro-Revivalist
 
luchog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 15,962
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Cool, **** it then. No reason to engage. I didn't realize asking for a clarification, when you point out I'm wrong, was a conversation killer. Ok then.

I think you've missed the point of right-wing trolling, if you're asking for clarity of belief and concrete examples. This isn't about coherent argument, it's about obfuscation and misdirection. That's why the constant goal-post moving and childish evasions and insults. It's not to support a point, but to confuse opponents and keep them on the defensive, because they don't really have a point to support. It's not a good-faith debate and never has been.
__________________
When you say that fascists should only be defeated through debate, what you're really saying is that the marginalized and vulnerable should have to endlessly argue for their right to exist; and at no point should they ever be fully accepted, and the debate considered won.
luchog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 01:37 PM   #650
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 6,704
Originally Posted by luchog View Post
I think you've missed the point of right-wing trolling, if you're asking for clarity of belief and concrete examples. This isn't about coherent argument, it's about obfuscation and misdirection. That's why the constant goal-post moving and childish evasions and insults. It's not to support a point, but to confuse opponents and keep them on the defensive, because they don't really have a point to support. It's not a good-faith debate and never has been.
For the most part, I agree, but Thermal and I have had some good conversations. Even with my...profanity laced nonsense from time to time. I don't think he's a troll. I do think that the storyline has gotten away from us a bit and I would really like something solid I can point back to with regards to his argument. I feel like it's been a bit fluid.
__________________
"Circumcision and death threats go together like milk and cookies." - William Parcher

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 01:38 PM   #651
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Currently Dismembered
Posts: 8,465
Originally Posted by ArchSas View Post
Because I'm the person that originally brought up the podcast , I feel compelled to reiterate that I did so as evidence for the (I thought obvious) claim being asserted by many in this thread that, indeed there are prominent modern day neo-Nazis that advocate for genocide and fascistic ethnostates. I used that podcast specifically because it's by far the most convenient source I'm aware of that specifically catalogues what those kinds of people actually say, and what kind of discourse happens in those circles. The hosts of the show created it to document that sort of content after realizing how often it gets scrubbed from easy-to-access platforms due to deplatforming, other forms of censorship, and even the creators' own efforts to censor themselves to appear more mainstream.

If you don't want to listen to it (although, again, I recommend you do), choose whatever subject you like from the episode list and have a look at the sources or transcript. Because otherwise, as plague311 was saying, it really looks like you're refusing to engage with evidence that disagrees with your assertions.
Ok. You know what? I'll give a listen. Although it is considered poor form to throw references out and say 'here, you spend your free time finding my argument' .Arguments are normally spelled out in a posters own words
__________________
"Half of what he said meant something else, and the other half didn't mean anything at all" -Rosencrantz, on Hamlet
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 01:40 PM   #652
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Currently Dismembered
Posts: 8,465
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
For the most part, I agree, but Thermal and I have had some good conversations. Even with my...profanity laced nonsense from time to time. I don't think he's a troll. I do think that the storyline has gotten away from us a bit and I would really like something solid I can point back to with regards to his argument. I feel like it's been a bit fluid.
Nor am I even right wing. What few politics I endorse tend to be hard left. But I always get my arguments walked around. Frustrating
__________________
"Half of what he said meant something else, and the other half didn't mean anything at all" -Rosencrantz, on Hamlet
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 02:00 PM   #653
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 19,105
Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Well it is like trying to talk about racism with the same people, if they are not wearing a klan suit with a burning cross and screaming racial epithets while shooting Emmett Tills memorial it isn't racism.
Just because they are shooting Emmett Till's memorial doesn't mean they are racist, they may just object to the government spending money on such things.
__________________
Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 02:40 PM   #654
Elagabalus
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 4,877
Well, according to the Vox article the Nazis in question did not identify themselves as Nazis and, instead, chose to call themselves Super Happy Fun America for the purposes of obtaining the permit to have the parade. Since the parade is not an official Nazi™ sanctioned event it would be difficult to deny them a permit to a parade let alone round them all up and put them in prison.

Quote:
...Although Super Happy Fun America has claimed that “all communities are welcome” at Straight Pride...

https://www.vox.com/identities/2019/...straight-pride



Not to mention that there are probably people who liked the theme of the parade, considered themselves to be Super Happy Fun Americans but did not consider themselves to be Nazis.

Thermal's point, I think, is that this event is a tempest in a teapot.

One could argue that giving this event more coverage than necessary just plays into the the hands of the organizers of the parade. Again from the Vox article:

Quote:
Brian Pendleton, co-founder of the L.A. Resist March, argues getting into “a frothy frenzy about what they’re up to” only plays into their hands...
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 03:15 PM   #655
Minoosh
Philosopher
 
Minoosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9,875
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
That they haven't done it is not evidence that they couldn't do it.
IMO, it's evidence they won't do it.
Minoosh is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 03:48 PM   #656
ArchSas
Thinker
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 176
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Ok. You know what? I'll give a listen. Although it is considered poor form to throw references out and say 'here, you spend your free time finding my argument' .Arguments are normally spelled out in a posters own words
I'm not doing that. The podcast isn't an argument, and I have no idea why you think I'm trying to present it as one. I've already given my argument twice, in very clear terms (modern-day neo-Nazis still argue for genocide and the creation of a fascist ethnostate), and it seems like others here are also arguing much the same thing. This isn't hard. Again, it contains evidence for that claim - the content of it is mostly made up of stuff prominent neo-Nazis and other white supremacists actually say, which is exactly the kind of thing you're asking for. Just as a start, here is a very easy to find quote from Richard Spencer:

“The ideal of a white ethno-state — and it is an ideal — is something that I think we should think about in the sense of what could come after America... It's kind of like a grand goal... It's a way of thinking about [how] we want a new type of society that would actually be a homeland for all white people.”

Your last clarification comment said "They just need to believe in a fascist ethnostate." Do you think the above statement counts?

Last edited by ArchSas; 9th September 2019 at 04:02 PM.
ArchSas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 06:36 PM   #657
Baylor
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,975
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Nor am I even right wing. What few politics I endorse tend to be hard left. But I always get my arguments walked around. Frustrating
Doesn't matter. It's been established here and there are many examples of this, if you disagree with skeptic dogma, you're a "Trump supporter." Whether or not you support Trump has no bearing on this.
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 06:57 PM   #658
quadraginta
Becoming Beth
 
quadraginta's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central Vale of Humility
Posts: 24,133
Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
What's fun, and I hope deeply disturbing to actual neo-Nazis, is that both actual Nazi gear and skinhead fashion have been adopted and fetishized by a slice of the gay population. A Tumblr full of guys dressed as Nazis is more likely to be a gay porn collection than a racial political one. While this trend is disturbing on several levels I can't help but find deeply funny the thought of genuine Nazi admirers being misled by appearances and stumbling into quite an unexpected crowd.

On 'Ernst Röhm Died For You' Day.
__________________
"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 07:03 PM   #659
Baylor
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,975
Originally Posted by kellyb View Post
Actually, I think you can "promote ISIS", etc, and the government will only bust you for making a bomb, or they trick you into making a bomb, or arrest you if you're trying to travel overseas to literally fight with ISIS, or something like that.

The only prosecuted terrorists I know of are cases like these:
https://shadowproof.com/2016/12/05/f...appeals-court/

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/ohio-...ying-join-isis

Just declaring yourself a member, or saying "I think ISIS is cool and misunderstood, and mostly right" won't do it.

ISIS is also different because it's an armed force we're currently at actual war with.
The US Government recognizes international terrorism as a criminal offense but not domestic terrorism.
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 08:11 PM   #660
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Currently Dismembered
Posts: 8,465
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
For the most part, I agree, but Thermal and I have had some good conversations. Even with my...profanity laced nonsense from time to time. I don't think he's a troll. I do think that the storyline has gotten away from us a bit and I would really like something solid I can point back to with regards to his argument. I feel like it's been a bit fluid.
Agreed, the argument has been all over the place with different posters bringing in different POVs. To sum mine up as briefly as possible (and please excuse the brevity; I hate wall o' text).

IMO, the Nazi Nazis were a political force, or as I call them, a fascist ethnostate. Political domination first, Aryan supremacy and genocide second. I don't think the majority of the current crop wants mass extermination. I think they want mass influence, or as I put it, social power. I think that, like a dog chasing a car, they wouldn't know what to do with political power if they got it.

When one of these threads pops up, a certain contingent starts shrieking 'the Reich is Rising! Hitler!!11!' And in doing so, they lose credibility. They look like hyperbolic chicken littles. You know how people roll their eyes when President Obama or Secretary Clinton was compared to Hitler? Or Senator Sanders and Congresswoman AOC called communists? Same problem. Hyperbole does not give credibility. It just makes the neos look 'not that bad' in comparison. And that's shooting yourself in the foot.

Correctly identify your target. Deal with the Fragile Masculinity paraders as exactly what they are...and no more. They are not the Reich on the hoof. They are not comical supervillians bent on world domination and extermination. They are by and large sad little bitches who need their asses kicked. And that's all.

Elagabalus said I seem to think this event is a tempest in a teapot. Sort of. The tempest is very real. Alt-righters are a serious problem. But they are not the Riech. And the more we clutch pearls or stroke beards while waxing historical (hysterical?), the farther we get from what we should be doing, which is keeping an eye on the punks and ridiculing them into oblivion. The occasional throw-down doesn't hurt, either. Crying 'Nazi!' when they are just little white power trash is not helping anything.

Or, as cullennz said, getting all worked up over some little dickheads.
__________________
"Half of what he said meant something else, and the other half didn't mean anything at all" -Rosencrantz, on Hamlet
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 08:25 PM   #661
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Currently Dismembered
Posts: 8,465
Originally Posted by ArchSas View Post
I'm not doing that. The podcast isn't an argument, and I have no idea why you think I'm trying to present it as one. I've already given my argument twice, in very clear terms (modern-day neo-Nazis still argue for genocide and the creation of a fascist ethnostate), and it seems like others here are also arguing much the same thing. This isn't hard. Again, it contains evidence for that claim - the content of it is mostly made up of stuff prominent neo-Nazis and other white supremacists actually say, which is exactly the kind of thing you're asking for. Just as a start, here is a very easy to find quote from Richard Spencer:

“The ideal of a white ethno-state — and it is an ideal — is something that I think we should think about in the sense of what could come after America... It's kind of like a grand goal... It's a way of thinking about [how] we want a new type of society that would actually be a homeland for all white people.”

Your last clarification comment said "They just need to believe in a fascist ethnostate." Do you think the above statement counts?
No. Dickless Spencer seems to have no interest in the fascist part, which is the big part of nazism. It's just their idle fantasy about white world. No mechanism to make it happen, no plan, nothing. And that's what separates the fascist from the white supremacist. Actual political actions.

I listened to the podcast you recommended. Well, part of it. Got to about 17 minutes in and the speakers had still said not a damn thing (well, except some elementary rehashing). He was just starting to talk about the rise of the alt-right and other painfully basic topics when i started skipping ahead to see if they were going to get on with it. They appeared not to. In fairness, I can't stand podcasts. Guys talking for an hour and saying maybe two minutes of content, the rest is talk-radio babbling.

What was interesting is a link on the side, to James mason's SPLC page. From the very first paragraph, I see what I've been trying to say:

Quote:
Mason grew dismayed by efforts within neo-Nazism to build large political parties and organizations, and he began to advocate for an underground, terroristic approach to catalyzing white revolution.
Yeah. Parties and organizations failing, so go for the street level social movements. That is what I am more concerned about. Not the fascist ethnostate part, which isn't going to happen, but the mind control at the grassroots level. That;s the threat. Not a new Hitler, but the guy next door. Not brownshirts, but t-shirts. The organized days are plus or minus behind us. It's guerilla time. So forget the 1930's and see what we have brewing now. It's a different animal.
__________________
"Half of what he said meant something else, and the other half didn't mean anything at all" -Rosencrantz, on Hamlet
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 11:30 PM   #662
dann
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 8,753
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
It's just their idle fantasy about white world. No mechanism to make it happen, no plan, nothing.

How do you imagine that anybody would go about making this "idle fantasy" happen?!
You're looking at this genocidal 'fantasy', and all you can think of is to trivialize it and play it down.
You could have accused Hitler and the Nazis of the same thing in 1933: They didn't have an actual plan to make it happen, so it must have been just an "idle fantasy", nothing to worry about, really.
The Wannsee Conference (Wikipedia) didn't take place till 1942!!! Until then, the useful idiots of the Nazis could persuade themselves that it was all an idle fantasy!
But I guess that you enjoy your own idle fantasy just like they did.

Quote:
Not a new Hitler, but the guy next door.

The new Hitler is already in the White House, but fortunately he is a disorganized idiot. Since you like to imagine, you should imagine what would happen if they replaced him with somebody a little more organized. They are already crying for locking up political opponents, blaming the Lügenpresse, and the most radicalized of them are killing immigrants and other Volksfeinde.
__________________
/dann
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx

Last edited by dann; 9th September 2019 at 11:39 PM.
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 02:45 AM   #663
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing
 
uke2se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 13,357
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
As I've said, I don't know of any who openly advocate it. None. That's why they usually call themselves neos or something similar. If someone does not advocate something horrific, it's fair to assume they don't, unless you can show otherwise. Do I have to demonstrate that Germans don't advocate Naziism? I mean hey, they used to, so we can assume they still do, right? That is the logic you present here.
Should I take this as a "no, I cannot provide a single self proclaimed Nazi that opposes genocide?

It's trivially easy to find those who wants genocide.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Seriously, this referring to some faceless generic Nazi is fruitless. Pick one of some kind of prominence, and we can scrutinize them. I really can't argue the specific beliefs of random caricatures.
Ok. Jeff Schoep, leader of the National Socialist Movement.


Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
My wife is a psychologist. I have respect for the discipline. Luchog's paperback analysis trivializes a legitimate science. No professional would ever attempt to analyze someone's psyche from some online posts.
Seems professionals disagree with you.


Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
That said, yes, I am immature. Not so immature as to pose as a psychoanalyst on a discussion board, though.
Who did that? Or was that just an attempt at an insult?
__________________
Before you say something stupid about climate change, check this list.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 06:27 AM   #664
luchog
Neo-Post-Retro-Revivalist
 
luchog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 15,962
Originally Posted by dann View Post
The new Hitler is already in the White House, but fortunately he is a disorganized idiot. Since you like to imagine, you should imagine what would happen if they replaced him with somebody a little more organized. They are already crying for locking up political opponents, blaming the Lügenpresse, and the most radicalized of them are killing immigrants and other Volksfeinde.

That's the most disturbing thing about the trolls and ostriches, they distract from the fact that this is already happening. The US Government is already locking "undesirables" up in concentration camps, where they are being killed, where CHILDREN ARE BEING KILLED by denying them sanitation, medical care, and adequate nutrition. For no other reason than they're trying to escape "****hole countries" and the problems of violence and starvation, and pursue the "American Dream" of a better life the same as anyone living in this country; but have the audacity to do so while wearing the wrong-coloured skin or believing in the wrong religion. And those who speak out against it are accused of being "alarmists", of promoting "crisis actors", of "manufacturing outrage", of "wanting to destroy America", and so on. Worse, they're often met with harassment, verbal assault, and even death threats; merely for daring to point out the problem and criticize the administration that is enacting it.

Sorry, but I am no longer willing to give anyone who denies or minimizes this problem the benefit of the doubt. By refusing to acknowledge the nature and scope of the problem, by attempting to minimize or even justify it (they're "illegals" after all), they're encouraging it, they're complicit. Just like the German populace was complicit in the rounding up and massacre of Jews and other "undesirables" by the Nazis through the same denialism and attempted justification.

It can happen here, because it has happened here in the past; and is happening here as we speak.
__________________
When you say that fascists should only be defeated through debate, what you're really saying is that the marginalized and vulnerable should have to endlessly argue for their right to exist; and at no point should they ever be fully accepted, and the debate considered won.

Last edited by luchog; 10th September 2019 at 08:26 AM.
luchog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 07:38 AM   #665
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Currently Dismembered
Posts: 8,465
Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
Should I take this as a "no, I cannot provide a single self proclaimed Nazi that opposes genocide?

It's trivially easy to find those who wants genocide.
I'd have a lot of interview searching to do to prove that President Trump does not advocate, say, puppy raping. Spencer and his cronies have very publicly affirmed that they do not endorse any type of killing. But proving a negative is notoriously difficult. I'll concede that I am not willing to interview-mine to give you an example.

Quote:
Ok. Jeff Schoep, leader of the National Socialist Movement.
This guy, you mean?

https://jeffschoep.com/jeffschoep/

Soooo...this is the guy whose beliefs you want to examine? Doesn't he not really qualify, not identifying as a nazi anymore?

He led the largest nazi group n the US...with a national membership of about 400. It's collapsing now, under the leadership of a black man (great guy). Yeah, not exactly quaking in my boots if this is what you are in fear of.

Quote:
Seems professionals disagree with you.
Who is that? What credible professionals claim to correctly analyze the psyche of the writer of a few anonymous postings? Oh, and make sure they say the analysis can be carried out by someone who presents no credentials or expertise in the subject. You know, like the poster in question does.


Quote:
Who did that? Or was that just an attempt at an insult?
When your posting style is to be arrogant and condescending, peppered with veiled insults, refusing to engage honestly, and inevitably flouncing when challenged, you don't really have a lot of room to accuse others of insults.
__________________
"Half of what he said meant something else, and the other half didn't mean anything at all" -Rosencrantz, on Hamlet
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 07:45 AM   #666
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Currently Dismembered
Posts: 8,465
Originally Posted by dann View Post
How do you imagine that anybody would go about making this "idle fantasy" happen?!
You're looking at this genocidal 'fantasy', and all you can think of is to trivialize it and play it down.
You could have accused Hitler and the Nazis of the same thing in 1933: They didn't have an actual plan to make it happen, so it must have been just an "idle fantasy", nothing to worry about, really.
The Wannsee Conference (Wikipedia) didn't take place till 1942!!! Until then, the useful idiots of the Nazis could persuade themselves that it was all an idle fantasy!
But I guess that you enjoy your own idle fantasy just like they did.


The new Hitler is already in the White House, but fortunately he is a disorganized idiot. Since you like to imagine, you should imagine what would happen if they replaced him with somebody a little more organized. They are already crying for locking up political opponents, blaming the Lügenpresse, and the most radicalized of them are killing immigrants and other Volksfeinde.

dann, your just doubling down on looking backwards instead of forwards. Even Mason said the old way was not working, and he claimed to adopt the method that I am seeing.

But go ahead. Keep beard stroking about Weimar Germany. They will mow you down because you are looking in the wrong places. And every time you repeat OMG Trump is Hitler, you lose a few more observers to the hyperbole. Exaggeration is counterproductive.
__________________
"Half of what he said meant something else, and the other half didn't mean anything at all" -Rosencrantz, on Hamlet
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 08:34 AM   #667
dann
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 8,753
So you won't acknowledge that your brilliant argument that they don't have an actual plan isn't something that makes them different from Hitler and the Nazis in 1933.
I'm not surprised.
And I'm not surprised that you don't seem to know that the Weimar Republic was all over in 1933.
__________________
/dann
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx

Last edited by dann; 10th September 2019 at 08:36 AM.
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 08:58 AM   #668
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Currently Dismembered
Posts: 8,465
Originally Posted by dann View Post
So you won't acknowledge that your brilliant argument that they don't have an actual plan isn't something that makes them different from Hitler and the Nazis in 1933.
I'm not surprised.
And I'm not surprised that you don't seem to know that the Weimar Republic was all over in 1933.
What in the world are you talking about?? A lot of things make these guys different, not just not having a plan.

You say I seem not to know that the WR was over in '33. Yes, it obviously was, because Hitler was appointed Chancellor. We are talking about the run-up, so Weimar is the appropriate reference time. Nothing I said indicates a lack of awareness of this. So I ask you: please cite where I indicate being unaware of this. If you can't, I'll assume you are arguing dishonestly and just making things up.
__________________
"Half of what he said meant something else, and the other half didn't mean anything at all" -Rosencrantz, on Hamlet
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 10:23 AM   #669
ArchSas
Thinker
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 176
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Even Mason said the old way was not working, and he claimed to adopt the method that I am seeing.
...Which is a new plan. At this point, your argument seems to be that most of these people are just LARPers who can't actually accomplish their goals, so it's not worth worrying about them; what we should be really worried about are the stochastic terrorists. The thing is, those two groups you seem to think are different have largely the same goals, use the same rhetoric, and listen to the same people. Mason among them, who started as a bog-standard Rockwell acolyte, then shifted to promoting stochastic terrorism as a way of starting a race war and accomplishing the same basic goal that Spencer talks about. They want the same thing, Mason is just the one that's more upfront with his plan, by design (Spencer's goal is normalizing the movement and making it palatable to average people).

I guess fundamentally we just see this ideology differently. You're framing the "groups" as separate things and I don't think they are. To me, it doesn't matter if you're not a member of the AWD or some other faction that has committed terrorist attacks; saying you want the same goals and endorsing the message isn't different in any functionally meaningful way. That's not histrionics. Either way, you're supporting violent action for the ultimate goal of creating a fascist ethnostate, and I can't see that as inconsequential, because it's how people are being radicalized into the thing you do consider a problem. That's the way those groups work now.

Last edited by ArchSas; 10th September 2019 at 10:40 AM.
ArchSas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 11:12 AM   #670
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing
 
kellyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,885
These lovely folks are just a couple hour's drive west of me:

https://www.adl.org/resources/backgr...ll-network-swn

Quote:
As part of SWN’s mission, Roper promotes “Project New America,” a plan to build Ozarkia, a white ethno-state that will start with “forty contiguous counties straddling the Arkansas and Missouri border that are already over 95% white.” Roper explains on his blog, The Roper Report, that after “evacuating” whites from “darkening” Louisiana, Mississippi and southern Arkansas, the SWN will gain control of city and county governments, institutions and organizations, and quickly expand into a large surrounding area that is “around 90% white.”

“After the United States breaks up,” Roper explains, “large nonwhite enclaves such as St. Louis, Kansas City, Chicago, and Memphis will be reduced through negotiation, evacuation, siege, conflict and cleansing.”
__________________
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts ~ Bertrand Russell
I am proud to say that Henry Kissinger is not my friend.
kellyb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 12:38 PM   #671
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 6,704
Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
IMO, it's evidence they won't do it.
Why won't they? They've already tried with mass shooters, and running over protesters at events.

Originally Posted by Baylor View Post
Doesn't matter. It's been established here and there are many examples of this, if you disagree with skeptic dogma, you're a "Trump supporter." Whether or not you support Trump has no bearing on this.
You play the victim better than almost anyone I know. You realize he was replying to a post where I literally said the exact opposite of what this post claims. Looks pretty foolish, doesn't it?

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
dann, your just doubling down on looking backwards instead of forwards. Even Mason said the old way was not working, and he claimed to adopt the method that I am seeing.

But go ahead. Keep beard stroking about Weimar Germany. They will mow you down because you are looking in the wrong places. And every time you repeat OMG Trump is Hitler, you lose a few more observers to the hyperbole. Exaggeration is counterproductive.
I just picked this post to quote because it was recent.

So if I summarize your argument, it comes to:

You know that there are some that DO want cleansing\genocide. You also believe that the majority do NOT want genocide\cleansing. You do NOT believe these people are a threat because they don't have the ability or numbers to do any major damage. In your opinion these people should be watched, but largely ignored.

Do I have that correct?
__________________
"Circumcision and death threats go together like milk and cookies." - William Parcher

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 12:44 PM   #672
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 12,497
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
You play the victim better than almost anyone I know. You realize he was replying to a post where I literally said the exact opposite of what this post claims. Looks pretty foolish, doesn't it?
Yes it does, but its par for the course when you have a never-ending supply of straw.
__________________
“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore - if they're white!"
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list.
This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 12:48 PM   #673
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 12,497
Originally Posted by kellyb View Post
These lovely folks are just a couple hour's drive west of me:

https://www.adl.org/resources/backgr...ll-network-swn
Hah! Ozarkians want to have their own state? There is no doubt they would lower the average IQ in the area encompassing those "forty contiguous counties straddling the Arkansas and Missouri border" and will likely interbreed themselves into genetic oblivion in the process!
__________________
“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore - if they're white!"
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list.
This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !

Last edited by smartcooky; 10th September 2019 at 12:49 PM.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 01:05 PM   #674
dann
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 8,753
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
What in the world are you talking about?? A lot of things make these guys different, not just not having a plan.

You were the one who claimed that there was no reason to take them seriously since they didn't have a proper plan.

Quote:
You say I seem not to know that the WR was over in '33. Yes, it obviously was, because Hitler was appointed Chancellor. We are talking about the run-up, so Weimar is the appropriate reference time. Nothing I said indicates a lack of awareness of this. So I ask you: please cite where I indicate being unaware of this. If you can't, I'll assume you are arguing dishonestly and just making things up.

You wrote this as a comment to my post mentionin 1933, i.e. when the Nazis came into power in Germany (without a real plan for how to carry out their genocide), and 1942, the year of the Wannsee Conference:

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
But go ahead. Keep beard stroking about Weimar Germany.
__________________
/dann
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 01:24 PM   #675
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 45,562
Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
I can't be bothered, the jerks fixated on the One True Definition of Nazi have ruined this thread. I suggest all others abandon the thread and let the miscreants invade Russia in winter on their own.
Who exactly is a Nazi/Racist is the problem we have here.
I am conviced, from the tone of their posts,that some people would define as a Nazi or racist anybody who is not on the left wing of the political spectrum.
__________________
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 02:06 PM   #676
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 6,704
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Who exactly is a Nazi/Racist is the problem we have here.
I am conviced, from the tone of their posts,that some people would define as a Nazi or racist anybody who is not on the left wing of the political spectrum.
Cool story bro, anything to back it up (like the evidence presented by those "some people" you're referring to) or just...no on that?
__________________
"Circumcision and death threats go together like milk and cookies." - William Parcher

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 02:33 PM   #677
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing
 
kellyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,885
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Who exactly is a Nazi/Racist is the problem we have here.
I am conviced, from the tone of their posts,that some people would define as a Nazi or racist anybody who is not on the left wing of the political spectrum.
Can I get a specific example (a quote with link to it) of this "tone"?
__________________
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts ~ Bertrand Russell
I am proud to say that Henry Kissinger is not my friend.
kellyb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 03:01 PM   #678
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Gulf Coast
Posts: 24,292
Mass Supreme Court: Judge Rollins "had no authority"; protester's arraignment expunged.
__________________
"¿WHAT KIND OF BIRD?
¿A PARANORMAL BIRD?"
--- Carlos S., 2002
Checkmite is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 03:34 PM   #679
mgidm86
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,717
Originally Posted by luchog View Post
That's the most disturbing thing about the trolls and ostriches, they distract from the fact that this is already happening. The US Government is already locking "undesirables" up in concentration camps, where they are being killed, where CHILDREN ARE BEING KILLED by denying them sanitation, medical care, and adequate nutrition. For no other reason than they're trying to escape "****hole countries" and the problems of violence and starvation, and pursue the "American Dream" of a better life the same as anyone living in this country; but have the audacity to do so while wearing the wrong-coloured skin or believing in the wrong religion. And those who speak out against it are accused of being "alarmists", of promoting "crisis actors", of "manufacturing outrage", of "wanting to destroy America", and so on. Worse, they're often met with harassment, verbal assault, and even death threats; merely for daring to point out the problem and criticize the administration that is enacting it.

Sorry, but I am no longer willing to give anyone who denies or minimizes this problem the benefit of the doubt. By refusing to acknowledge the nature and scope of the problem, by attempting to minimize or even justify it (they're "illegals" after all), they're encouraging it, they're complicit. Just like the German populace was complicit in the rounding up and massacre of Jews and other "undesirables" by the Nazis through the same denialism and attempted justification.

It can happen here, because it has happened here in the past; and is happening here as we speak.

I hope you feel better now that you got that huge load of bull excrement off your chest. You make it sound like citizens are being rounded up and shot. Talk about fear mongering.

Incarcerating people who sneak into our country illegally is not really comparable to exterminating Jews. How many people have "BEING KILLED" here?

Do you think "brown people" are the only ones being turned away and this only happens at the southern border?

Are illegal white people allowed in no questions asked?

Didn't think so. Sick of these screaming rants.
__________________
Franklin understands certain kickbacks you obtain unfairly are legal liabilities; however, a risky deed's almost never detrimental despite extra external pressures.
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 04:01 PM   #680
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 45,562
Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
I hope you feel better now that you got that huge load of bull excrement off your chest. You make it sound like citizens are being rounded up and shot. Talk about fear mongering.

Incarcerating people who sneak into our country illegally is not really comparable to exterminating Jews. How many people have "BEING KILLED" here?

Do you think "brown people" are the only ones being turned away and this only happens at the southern border?

Are illegal white people allowed in no questions asked?

Didn't think so. Sick of these screaming rants.

Too bad you were not alive in the 1850;s. You would have made one hell of a good Know Nothing.
__________________
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:33 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.