ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Boston incidents , Kyle Chapman , Mark Sahady , white nationalists

Old 8th June 2019, 07:18 PM   #161
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
Reportedly, Milo has been chosen to be the marshal of the straight-pride parade, effectively confirming that it is just an alt-right parade pretending to be something else.
If Milo is seriously being taken as an alt right leader or even alt right and not just an opportunistic loudmouth *********, you know the world is going a bit weird
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2019, 07:21 PM   #162
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

In this case he's merely being used as a token; which he's certainly okay with.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2019, 07:28 PM   #163
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

In this case he's merely being used as a token; which he's certainly okay with.
Of course

He to me has always been an opportunistic **** , who got some limelight and seems a tad narcissistic.

He went OTT with the attention and then as was always going to happen it backfired on him spectacularly.

Now he is just desperate to stay relevant

But at the end of the day people claiming he is alt right is a bit stupid.
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2019, 07:43 PM   #164
Checkmite

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
Of course

He to me has always been an opportunistic **** , who got some limelight and seems a tad narcissistic.

He went OTT with the attention and then as was always going to happen it backfired on him spectacularly.

Now he is just desperate to stay relevant

But at the end of the day people claiming he is alt right is a bit stupid.
Whether he clings to the alt-right out or principle or purely out of opportunity, nevertheless, he clings to the alt-right, and they are in no hurry to shake him off. The organizers of the parade are already alt-righters, and they're using an established alt-right character as their "parade marshal".
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2019, 07:48 PM   #165
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Whether he clings to the alt-right out or principle or purely out of opportunity, nevertheless, he clings to the alt-right, and they are in no hurry to shake him off. The organizers of the parade are already alt-righters, and they're using an established alt-right character as their "parade marshal".
OK

Let us all take the jewish heritage, gay, married to a black bloke's blustering as being representative of the alt-right, and then have 10 pages of people posting how the crap he says is universal to anyone who happened to vote Trump.

And then hit anyone wearing a Trump hat

Which frankly is what it is turning into

Old 8th June 2019, 07:53 PM   #166
Checkmite

OK

Let us all take the jewish heritage, gay, married to a black bloke's blustering as being representative of the alt-right, and then have 10 pages of people posting how the crap he says is universal to anyone who happened to vote Trump.
It's not that; it's just that the fact of his selection cements the alt-right nature of the event. Prior, the alt-right bent of the organizers could have been argued (perhaps not convincingly) as coincidental and irrelevant. Not anymore.
Old 8th June 2019, 07:54 PM   #167
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Sorry

I am just strugglingly to see how people even take this **** like the straight parade and Milo so seriously

Ignoring things rather than taking it seriously tend to make these things disappear into the pointless abyss they came from

Old 8th June 2019, 07:55 PM   #168
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

It's not that; it's just that the fact of his selection cements the alt-right nature of the event. Prior, the alt-right bent of the organizers could have been argued (perhaps not convincingly) as coincidental and irrelevant. Not anymore.
Only to people stupid enough to think Milo is alt right

Anyone who watched most of his stuff would just think he is pro mens rights and anti feminist

Old 8th June 2019, 08:01 PM   #169
isissxn
Rough Around the Edges

I'm stuck on the fact that he's a gay man and this is the straight parade. Is it irony?

It has to be irony, I guess.

These guys are weird.
isissxn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2019, 08:03 PM   #170
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Actually

That is a point

Do you think people who are this are alt-right?

Old 8th June 2019, 08:04 PM   #171
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Originally Posted by isissxn View Post
I'm stuck on the fact that he's a gay man and this is the straight parade. Is it irony?

These guys are weird.
Lol

True

Having said that

Plenty of straight people march in the pride parade

Old 8th June 2019, 08:07 PM   #172
isissxn
Rough Around the Edges

Deleted - thought someone was talking to me lol
isissxn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2019, 08:09 PM   #173
isissxn
Rough Around the Edges

Lol

True

Having said that

Plenty of straight people march in the pride parade
Yeah, I know, but if a straight person were the head honcho of the gay pride parade, there'd be a melee.
Old 8th June 2019, 08:10 PM   #174
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Yeah, I know, but if a straight person were the head honcho of the gay pride parade, there'd be a melee.
True

Lol

Old 8th June 2019, 08:43 PM   #175
Checkmite

Not once you realize the parade really has little to do with straight pride.
Old 8th June 2019, 08:50 PM   #176
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Not once you realize the parade really has little to do with straight pride.
I really think people are beginning to read too much into things

To me it just looks like a bunch of blokes winding people up, which may or may not have started by some idiot hillbilly saying "Ya see this sick "gay" thing is on again Cletus? If them "gays" can have a party, I reckon' we should have one too.....That'll show them darn pansies"

Old 8th June 2019, 08:51 PM   #177
Checkmite

Anyone who watched most of his stuff would just think he is pro mens rights and anti feminist
...which is why the alt-right took him on-board. Well, that and his penchant for hanging out with white nationalists and participation in spreading neo-Nazi memes.

I do not know why you think ideological purism is a prerequisite for belonging to the alt-right. It is rather the opposite of the point of the alt-right.
Old 8th June 2019, 08:53 PM   #178
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

...which is why the alt-right took him on-board. Well, that and his penchant for hanging out with white nationalists and participation in spreading neo-Nazi memes.

I do not know why you think ideological purism is a prerequisite for belonging to the alt-right. It is rather the opposite of the point of the alt-right.
At this point of what you classify as alt-right I wouldn't mind just knowing what your criteria to be it is

Old 8th June 2019, 09:05 PM   #179
qayak
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by IsThisTheLife View Post
They are a demonstration of political power.
No . . . they are the celebration of an oppressed people being set free.
Is all your life will ever be."
qayak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2019, 09:48 PM   #180
Checkmite

At this point of what you classify as alt-right I wouldn't mind just knowing what your criteria to be it is
Milo self-acknowledges his association with the alt-right; but "alt-right" is an overarching organizational or rallying umbrella that bridges reactionary neo-Nazi and white supremacist, misogynist, and anti-immigrant factions. Basically the idea is to network various types of bigoted minds that formerly wouldn't necessarily meet, and allow them to work together for common causes. A neo-Confederate, for instance, would not in the past have spent much time in the company of say Asatru 1488'ers; however as "alt-righters" they can put aside their differences to work together on issues they can agree on, such as ending non-white immigration, or protesting the removal of a Robert Lee statue as "erasing white history".
Old 8th June 2019, 11:33 PM   #181
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

These guys are weird.

It confirms what I first thought: that it was just a huge bit of performance trolling. I did like how it provoked Axe body spray to denounce them which provoked a far right boycott of their products which I'm sure has them shaking.

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2019, 11:41 PM   #182
Cain
Straussian

I just learned it's Pride month. When the hell did that happen?! I thought it was a week. Next thing you know they're gonna want an entire year.
Old 8th June 2019, 11:59 PM   #183
Lambchops
Graduate Poster

Sorry

I am just strugglingly to see how people even take this **** like the straight parade and Milo so seriously

Ignoring things rather than taking it seriously tend to make these things disappear into the pointless abyss they came from

I am just strugglingly to see how people even take this **** like the NSDAP and Adolf so seriously

Old 9th June 2019, 12:21 AM   #184
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
I just learned it's Pride month. When the hell did that happen?! I thought it was a week. Next thing you know they're gonna want an entire year.
By then it will be compulsory. Birth rates will plummet and the US will be weakened.
Old 9th June 2019, 12:23 AM   #185
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

What?

How on earth does the other poster know no straight people have had it?

Or does your point only apply to me?
It specifically applies to you. YOU have no way of knowing if your assertion is accurate. The person you're responding to has an article in which the victims were set upon doing just the thing you assert has got to be extremely rare. In said article, she cites a common problem in that if two women are together and tell a lounge lizard to get lost because they're gay, the lounge lizards of the world have been known to respond with "Oh, yeah? Prove it. Kiss her!"

Milo worked for Breitbart. He was some kind of senior editor. It's the alt-right mouthpiece. Just because he's an attention whore, that does not exclude him from being one of the leading lights of the Alt-Right. The fact that he's gay makes him a bit of an anomaly; the fact that he's a self-hating gay wins him street cred with the troglodytes. The alt-right loves their anomalous attention seekers. Milo and Candace for the win.

What is it that makes you think that an attention-seeking clown can't be a paragon of Alt-Right qualities (well, other than that whole homo thing)? You seem to think everyone who's extreme is a clown to be dismissed. Weren't you preaching this to us about Nazis (sorry, "nazis") just last week? How do you feel about the Klan, just to pick another group you have zero familiarity with? Betcha think they're clowns, too.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2019, 12:24 AM   #186
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
I am just strugglingly to see how people even take this **** like the NSDAP and Adolf so seriously

You are comparing this stupid Parade to the rise of Hitler?

FFS

"What was that that just disappeared into thin air Dave"

"Perspective, Doug"

Old 9th June 2019, 12:34 AM   #187
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
It specifically applies to you. YOU have no way of knowing if your assertion is accurate. The person you're responding to has an article in which the victims were set upon doing just the thing you assert has got to be extremely rare. In said article, she cites a common problem in that if two women are together and tell a lounge lizard to get lost because they're gay, the lounge lizards of the world have been known to respond with "Oh, yeah? Prove it. Kiss her!"

Milo worked for Breitbart. He was some kind of senior editor. It's the alt-right mouthpiece. Just because he's an attention whore, that does not exclude him from being one of the leading lights of the Alt-Right. The fact that he's gay makes him a bit of an anomaly; the fact that he's a self-hating gay wins him street cred with the troglodytes. The alt-right loves their anomalous attention seekers. Milo and Candace for the win.

What is it that makes you think that an attention-seeking clown can't be a paragon of Alt-Right qualities (well, other than that whole homo thing)? You seem to think everyone who's extreme is a clown to be dismissed. Weren't you preaching this to us about Nazis (sorry, "nazis") just last week? How do you feel about the Klan, just to pick another group you have zero familiarity with? Betcha think they're clowns, too.
I have never said ignore Nazis

I think you should reread my posts

And I take your point with the first paragraph

I was wrong to say it is a rarity without first reading the history of every newspaper on the globe first

Old 9th June 2019, 12:35 AM   #188
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

I really think people are beginning to read too much into things

To me it just looks like a bunch of blokes winding people up, which may or may not have started by some idiot hillbilly saying "Ya see this sick "gay" thing is on again Cletus? If them "gays" can have a party, I reckon' we should have one too.....That'll show them darn pansies"
You haven't taken the time to familiarize yourself with the reprobates organizing this protest/parade, I see. Take the time to educate yourself. This was linked earlier in the thread.
Quote:
The organizers behind Boston’s Straight Pride Parade should concern you
https://thinkprogress.org/organizers...-a3dc225cc7f0/

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2019, 12:36 AM   #189
Lambchops
Graduate Poster

You are comparing this stupid Parade to the rise of Hitler?

FFS

"What was that that just disappeared into thin air Dave"

"Perspective, Doug"
"Hey, let's all ignore the rise of far right crypto fascism, they're jUsT mEmEs BrO lOl".

Pull your head out of your backside. Please.

Last edited by Lambchops; 9th June 2019 at 12:38 AM.
Lambchops is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2019, 12:42 AM   #190
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

You haven't taken the time to familiarize yourself with the reprobates organizing this protest/parade, I see. Take the time to educate yourself. This was linked earlier in the thread.
That one is a fair point

I realised a little earlier it is our pal Kyle and friends, but it was too late.

In terms of the parade itself I now agree it is basically just a front for the Front so to speak.

So if I could take back a couple of posts I would, but I can't so them is the breaks.

With regard to Milo.

He was already a loud mouth narcissitic ****, but this just makes him an even bigger loud mouth narcissitic ****.

Last edited by cullennz; 9th June 2019 at 12:45 AM.
Old 9th June 2019, 12:56 AM   #191
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

I have never said ignore Nazis

I think you should reread my posts

And I take your point with the first paragraph

I was wrong to say it is a rarity without first reading the history of every newspaper on the globe first
Hilited: That's some of that famous Kiwi sarcasm I take it. Sadly it's a total Straw Man. I don't give a rat's ass if you read anything about history (seeing as to how it's obviously a subject you're not terribly interested in), but in a thread about Topic X, you should at least have read the articles about Topic X.

You are wrong to expound on any topic of which you have no familiarity, because it leaves you arguing from assertion.

Old 9th June 2019, 01:06 AM   #192
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Hilited: That's some of that famous Kiwi sarcasm I take it. Sadly it's a total Straw Man. I don't give a rat's ass if you read anything about history (seeing as to how it's obviously a subject you're not terribly interested in), but in a thread about Topic X, you should at least have read the articles about Topic X.

You are wrong to expound on any topic of which you have no familiarity, because it leaves you arguing from assertion.
"When was the last time a straight couple was beaten and robbed for refusing to make out to entertain strangers?"

"When was the last time a gay couple were?

It is a horrible act by a bunch of teenage thugs, but it is extremely rare if you are going by your criteria"

So what I did wrong was add the second sentence

Won't do it again

Old 9th June 2019, 01:07 AM   #193
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

These guys are weird.
They are rather queer. Not that there is anything wrong with that. They can be proud of their queerness. I say, let them have their queer Pride parade.

Last edited by DevilsAdvocate; 9th June 2019 at 01:08 AM.
DevilsAdvocate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2019, 01:20 AM   #194
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
They are rather queer. Not that there is anything wrong with that. They can be proud of their queerness. I say, let them have their queer Pride parade.
Lol

That would make for a great protest walking beside them

Massive placards with "Who are this queer lot?"

Old 9th June 2019, 01:41 AM   #195
Matthew Best
Philosopher

Sorry

Says the person with more than twice as many posts on the subject as anyone else.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2019, 01:45 AM   #196
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Valid point

Old 9th June 2019, 02:47 AM   #197
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Yeah... "Straight Pride Parade" is just a euphemism for a "Unite the Scumbags March"
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2019, 03:52 AM   #198
Matthew Best
Philosopher

Slightly off topic but Nazis are marching in Detroit this week as a protest against Pride.

https://gritpost.com/armed-neo-nazis...ice-escorting/

"Videos from the event Saturday showed neo-Nazi protestors with police escort marching through downtown Detroit during the Motor City Pride festivities. NSM members from across the country reportedly traveled to Detroit to take part in this anti-Pride demonstration."
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2019, 04:31 AM   #199
applecorped
Rotten to the Core

Heterosexuals shouldn't have pride or parades
Old 9th June 2019, 04:56 AM   #200
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
Heterosexuals shouldn't have pride or parades
Right, what a daft thing to be proud about. LGBTQ pride expressions only exist as a reaction to a long history of hatred, oppression and a denial of human dignity. You would have to have your head a long way up your privileged space to not see such an obvious fact.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events