ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Deep State conspiracies , QAnon

Old 7th December 2018, 07:45 AM   #601
Imhotep
Muse

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
ABC News

Factual Reporting: High

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/abc-news/

A factual search reveals that ABC News has not failed a fact check by an IFCN fact checker.

https://ifcncodeofprinciples.poynter.org/

Share your source that says otherwise. It will need to be backed up by a thorough study.

Last edited by Imhotep; 7th December 2018 at 07:46 AM.
Imhotep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 07:49 AM   #602
carlitos
"más divertido"

www. thegatewaypundit .com/2018/12/breaking-federal-court-orders-discovery-plan-in-10-days-whether-hillarys-private-server-an-intentional-attempt-to-evade-foia/[/url]

Originally Posted by rationalwiki
The Gateway Pundit is a hard-right website founded by former corporate executive Jim Hoft, who is also a principal writer.[1] Often cited by such "scholars" as Matt Drudge, it holds a strong pro-Trump[2] stance, is anti-liberal, and has occasional flirtation with outright white supremacists. It is a fairly popular blog, allegedly getting 4 to 5 million views each month, once again proving that being popular doesn't necessarily make you right.
The Gateway Pundit has spread false information about the 2017 Las Vegas shooting (misidentifying the perpetrator) and the 2018 Stoneman Douglas High School shooting (stating that the survivors were crisis actors);[1] in both events, Gateway Pundit has claimed, without evidence, that the perpetrators were Democrats.[1] The Gateway Pundit actually received White House press credentials in 2017 from the Trump administration, but the tipping point of their vileness may have been reached when they were disinvited from a panel at the 2018 Conservative Political Action Conference due to their "reportage"
over the Stoneman Douglas shooting by Wintrich.[1]
On February 14, 2018, Hoft, Gavin McInnes, Paul Nehlen, and several other people and entities were sued for defamation for falsely naming the driver who killed Heather Heyer at the 2017 Unite the Right rally.[1][3]

The Gateway Pundit was one of the folks who brought us that press conference to bring down Mueller for sex crimes.

https://www.thewrap.com/far-right-ga...obert-mueller/
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 08:15 AM   #603
Imhotep
Muse

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post

The Gateway Pundit was one of the folks who brought us that press conference to bring down Mueller for sex crimes.

For anyone that hasn't read about or watched that "press conference" it is hilarious!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...saults-n929951
Imhotep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 08:21 AM   #604
SuburbanTurkey
Muse

Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
For anyone that hasn't read about or watched that "press conference" it is hilarious!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...saults-n929951
I think the allegations are serious. I mean, the company that launched them has so many respectable actors and models working for them, and I don't see Christoph Waltz getting involved with an obvious scam. He is their Swiss Intelligence Officer, after all.

https://www.businessinsider.com/jaco...ueller-2018-10

/s

Edit: inb4 Bubba claims that surefire was a deliberate con job by the deep state to make the anti-Mueller conspiracy look flimsy.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 7th December 2018 at 08:23 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 08:59 AM   #605
Whip
Graduate Poster

of course anyone getting up in front of a group of reporters with their fly down should be taken seriously.
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 09:37 AM   #606
sts60
Illuminator

Oh, my, that was brilliant stuff. Sort of an object lessson in what happens when one tries to bring “Q”-type stuff into the real world. The one guy standing there the whole time with his fly open, though, elevated it from the merely ridiculous to the sublimely risible.

Here’s the thing that gets me, though. I don’t like fat speaker’s fees from banks, etc. to people who are going or trying to go back into politics. I consider it a form of “legal corruption”. But the Clinton haters have been screaming for decades that the Clintons have been guilty of far worse. Republicans have spent many years and many millions of taxpayer dollars “investigating” Whitewater, Benghazi, emails, Seth Rich, etc. The net result is that they found Bill Clinton lying about a consensual (if reprehensible) sex act.

So either the Clintons aren’t guilty of all the (illegal) corruption and murders ‘n’ stuff - you know, the stuff we’re told is so absolutely obvious - or the Republicans (who keep telling us they need to be in charge) are the most farcical bunglers of all time - a bunch that makes the Keystone Cops look like the Untouchables channeling Sherlock Holmes. (And no, I’m not a Democrat.)
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 09:50 AM   #607
Imhotep
Muse

Originally Posted by sts60 View Post
So either the Clintons aren’t guilty of all the (illegal) corruption and murders ‘n’ stuff - you know, the stuff we’re told is so absolutely obvious - or the Republicans (who keep telling us they need to be in charge) are the most farcical bunglers of all time - a bunch that makes the Keystone Cops look like the Untouchables channeling Sherlock Holmes. (And no, I’m not a Democrat.)
Doesn't have to be either/or
Old 7th December 2018, 12:44 PM   #608
Axxman300
Illuminator

The only thing the Clintons are guilty of beyond Bill's obstruction of justice and perjury charges (for which he was impeached) is their constant lack of self-awareness when it comes how they conduct their personal business.

The far right's obsession over the Clintons since 2000 has long since crossed the line into insanity.

I didn't didn't like Bill Clinton for a long list of policy reasons along with his personal conduct. Voting for Hillary in 2016 was the hardest thing I ever had to do at the polls because I do not like her.

The difference for me is that Bill has been out of office for almost 19 years. He has no power. Sure, he's great at fund raisers, but that's it. He can't pick up a phone and call Nancy Pelosi and tell her to do something. This means there is no reason for me to freak out any time Bill Clinton does something. There was no continued harassment of Walter Mondale after he lost, so why the Clintons?
Old 7th December 2018, 07:04 PM   #609
Bubba
Master Poster

Hen consults fox about henhouse security.

Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
ABC News

Factual Reporting: High

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/abc-news/

A factual search reveals that ABC News has not failed a fact check by an IFCN fact checker.

https://ifcncodeofprinciples.poynter.org/

Share your source that says otherwise. It will need to be backed up by a thorough study.

Facts Shmacts.
Its about what they consistently dont report. Project Censored is a comparator.

https://www.projectcensored.org/

Last edited by Bubba; 7th December 2018 at 07:14 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 07:15 PM   #610
Whip
Graduate Poster

will this Qonspiracy ever end?
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 10:55 PM   #611
Bubba
Master Poster

What the Judge just said about Hillary's emails

Judicial Watch Victory: Court Orders Discovery into Clinton Email Scandal

I have said all along that, in their delaying, blocking, and obfuscating our attempts to get to the truth about Hillary Clinton’s email, the Justice and State Departments have been acting in bad faith by defending the evasion of the Freedom of Information Act and other email misconduct by Hillary Clinton.

Now, a federal judge is questioning their motives, as well, and ordering them to join us in rectifying this miscarriage of justice.

In a ruling excoriating both the U.S. Departments of State and Justice, U.S. District Court Judge Royce C. Lamberth has ordered both agencies to join us in submitting a proposed schedule for discovery into whether Hillary Clinton sought to evade the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) by using a private email system and whether the State Department acted in “bad faith” by failing to disclose knowledge of the email system.

The decision comes in our FOIA lawsuit related to the Benghazi terrorist attack.

Specially, Judge Lamberth ruled:

… the Court ORDERS the parties to meet and confer to plan discovery into (a) whether Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email while Secretary of State was an intentional attempt to evade FOIA; (b) whether the State Department’s attempts to settle this case in late 2014 and early 2015 amounted to bad faith; and (c) whether State has adequately searched for records responsive to Judicial Watch’s requests.

Terming Clinton’s use of her private email system, “one of the gravest modern offenses to government transparency,” Judge Lamberth wrote in his MEMORANDUM OPINION:

… his [President Barack Obama’s] State and Justice Departments fell far short. So far short that the court questions, even now, whether they are acting in good faith. Did Hillary Clinton use her private email as Secretary of State to thwart this lofty goal [Obama announced standard for transparency]? Was the State Department’s attempt to settle this FOIA case in 2014 an effort to avoid searching – and disclosing the existence of – Clinton’s missing emails? And has State ever adequately searched for records in this case?

At best, State’s attempt to pass-off its deficient search as legally adequate during settlement negotiations was negligence born out of incompetence. At worst, career employees in the State and Justice Departments colluded to scuttle public scrutiny of Clinton, skirt FOIA, and hoodwink this Court.

Turning his attention to the Department of Justice, the Court wrote:

The current Justice Department made things worse. When the government last appeared before the Court, counsel claimed, ‘it is not true to say we misled either Judicial Watch or the Court.’ When accused of ‘doublespeak,’ counsel denied vehemently, feigned offense, and averred complete candor. When asked why State masked the inadequacy of its initial search, counsel claimed that the officials who initially responded to Judicial Watch’s request didn’t realize Clinton’s emails were missing, and that it took them two months to ‘figure [] out what was going on’… Counsel’s responses strain credulity. [citations omitted]

The Court granted discovery because the government’s response to the Judicial Watch Benghazi FOIA request for Clinton emails “smacks of outrageous conduct.”

Citing an email (uncovered as a result of our lawsuit) in which Hillary Clinton acknowledged that Benghazi was a terrorist attack immediately after it happened, Judge Lamberth asked:

Did State know Clinton deemed the Benghazi attack terrorism hours after it happened, contradicting the Obama Administration’s subsequent claim of a protest-gone-awry?

Did the Department merely fear what might be found? Or was State’s bungling just the unfortunate result of bureaucratic red tape and a failure to communicate? To preserve the Department’s integrity, and to reassure the American people their government remains committed to transparency and the rule of law, this suspicion cannot be allowed to fester.

The historic court ruling raises concerns about the Hillary Clinton email scandal and government corruption that millions of Americans share.

We look forward to conducting careful discovery into the Clinton email issue, and we hope the Justice Department and State Department recognize Judge Lamberth’s criticism and help, rather than obstruct, this court-ordered discovery.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2018, 02:18 AM   #612
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by Whip View Post
will this Qonspiracy ever end?
Apparently Q and his followers haven't been wrong enough times yet, so they'll keep going on anon.
Old 8th December 2018, 10:24 AM   #613
Bubba
Master Poster

I looked up the words skeptic and skeptical. The definitions need to be updated, apparently.

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
The only thing the Clintons are guilty of beyond Bill's obstruction of justice and perjury charges (for which he was impeached) is their constant lack of self-awareness when it comes how they conduct their personal business.

The far right's obsession over the Clintons since 2000 has long since crossed the line into insanity.

I didn't didn't like Bill Clinton for a long list of policy reasons along with his personal conduct. Voting for Hillary in 2016 was the hardest thing I ever had to do at the polls because I do not like her.

The difference for me is that Bill has been out of office for almost 19 years. He has no power. Sure, he's great at fund raisers, but that's it. He can't pick up a phone and call Nancy Pelosi and tell her to do something. This means there is no reason for me to freak out any time Bill Clinton does something. There was no continued harassment of Walter Mondale after he lost, so why the Clintons?
Old 8th December 2018, 11:22 AM   #614
Bubba
Master Poster

Nonetheless, remaining skeptical is often the wisest approach.

https://vimeo.com/304212255?fbclid=I...09Or-oQC0CS3mA
Old 8th December 2018, 11:23 AM   #615
Bubba
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Apparently Q and his followers haven't been wrong enough times yet, so they'll keep going on anon.

Good one!
Old 8th December 2018, 10:19 PM   #616
Bubba
Master Poster

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Q is not valid.

ETA: here are the people that probably, in my estimation, invented Q.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...-qanon-n900531

Skeptical, I sought expert knowledge confirming the people in the linked item are who they say they are rather than paid sleeper agents in place for years working now to discredit/disinform in the information wars. None was available.

Please share how it was confirmed they are not sleeper agents paid to play and work on the information superhighway for years and shift into disnfo action whenever they are directed to do so.
Old 9th December 2018, 01:57 AM   #617
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Skeptical, I sought expert knowledge confirming the people in the linked item are who they say they are rather than paid sleeper agents in place for years working now to discredit/disinform in the information wars. None was available.

Please share how it was confirmed they are not sleeper agents paid to play and work on the information superhighway for years and shift into disnfo action whenever they are directed to do so.
Firstly, you don't endorse anything QAnon or his followers say, so I fail to see what difference it makes to you.

Secondly, I sought expert knowledge confirming the people in the linked item are who they say they are rather than pengiuns, living among us for years in heavy disguise, emerging only when called upon to further their fishy agenda. None was available.

Please share how it was confirmed that they are not penguins in disguise.
Old 9th December 2018, 01:59 AM   #618
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Where is Jnauary?
Old 9th December 2018, 09:50 AM   #619
carlitos
"más divertido"

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2018, 11:44 AM   #620
Bubba
Master Poster

Quote:

Magic Wand Waving fails.

Here's how it works.

There are agents online working to credit/discredit or inform/disinform according to commercial or political agenda. From people paid to post glowing tweets about new music, to govt agents editing wikipedia and lying on discussion forums.

https://theintercept.com/2014/02/24/jtrig-manipulation/

Sometimes it is impossible to discern the truth.

Now then...Please share how it was confirmed they* are not sleeper agents paid to play and work on the information superhighway for years and shift into disnfo action whenever they are directed to do so.

Last edited by Bubba; 9th December 2018 at 11:46 AM.
Old 9th December 2018, 11:51 AM   #621
Axxman300
Illuminator

Magic Wand Waving fails.

Here's how it works.

There are agents online working to credit/discredit or inform/disinform according to commercial or political agenda. From people paid to post glowing tweets about new music, to govt agents editing wikipedia and lying on discussion forums.

Now then...Please share how it was confirmed they* are not sleeper agents paid to play and work on the information superhighway for years and shift into disnfo action whenever they are directed to do so.

So how long have you worked for the US Government, and how much do they pay you to troll on this forum?
Old 9th December 2018, 11:56 AM   #622
Bubba
Master Poster

So how long have you worked for the US Government, and how much do they pay you to troll on this forum?

Is that your way of saying you cannot refute it?
Old 9th December 2018, 11:59 AM   #623
Whip
Graduate Poster

Please share how it was confirmed you are not a sleeper agent
Old 9th December 2018, 12:00 PM   #624
Bubba
Master Poster

Why does Podesta like red shoes?

>>>

Circa 1990, The Exorcist III.

This movie is full of hidden meanings that only become apparent once your awake.

Around the 10 minute mark, George C Scott's character tells his daughter who is on her way to the gym "watch out for the red shoes". The comment is so out of context and meaningless to the dialogue one soon forgets it.

Later at around the 14 minute mark George C Scott says "there are monsters prowling the world, some even in this neighborhood, and children suffer".

The movie is filled with lines like that and much symbolism. They were putting it right in our faces even then.

>>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mKx-soUD0Y
Old 9th December 2018, 12:12 PM   #625
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

I think it's his way of saying the whole idea is arrant nonsense. You can always imagine an invisible and undetectable conspiracy that may or may not come to fruition in an indeterminate future. And the value of such an observation is nil at best. At worst it destroys lives, careers and reputations to the advantage of none but the insane.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2018, 01:31 PM   #626
Axxman300
Illuminator

>>>

This movie is full of hidden meanings that only become apparent once your awake.

Around the 10 minute mark, George C Scott's character tells his daughter who is on her way to the gym "watch out for the red shoes". The comment is so out of context and meaningless to the dialogue one soon forgets it.

Later at around the 14 minute mark George C Scott says "there are monsters prowling the world, some even in this neighborhood, and children suffer".

The movie is filled with lines like that and much symbolism. They were putting it right in our faces even then.

>>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mKx-soUD0Y
The deep end.

You are now in it.
Old 9th December 2018, 01:55 PM   #627
Whip
Graduate Poster

The deep end.

You are now in it.
as long as he doesn't have to admit he's wrong I guess.
Old 9th December 2018, 04:10 PM   #628
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

The deep end.

You are now in it.
Room 237 tie-ins are in Bubba's on-deck circle, I imagine.
Old 9th December 2018, 09:23 PM   #629
Axxman300
Illuminator

Why do firemen wear red suspenders?

Quote:

Just so I'm clear, in stead of presenting actual evidence that Podesta is a pedophile (you know, police/FBI reports/stolen videos or photographs, testimony from victims) you allege that a long forgotten, crappy movie from 1990 somehow is admissible as proof?

You must understand that the lies of Pizzagate actually make it easier for REAL pedophile and human trafficking rings to operate. So what are you getting out of this?
Old 9th December 2018, 10:50 PM   #630
Bubba
Master Poster

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
I think it's his way of saying the whole idea is arrant nonsense. You can always imagine an invisible and undetectable conspiracy that may or may not come to fruition in an indeterminate future. And the value of such an observation is nil at best. At worst it destroys lives, careers and reputations to the advantage of none but the insane.

Crappy strawman.

We're not talking about arrant nonsense. Anyone with half a brain knows the examples given are valid. Online info war is a real thing.
Old 9th December 2018, 10:52 PM   #631
Bubba
Master Poster

Why do firemen wear red suspenders?

Just so I'm clear, in stead of presenting actual evidence that Podesta is a pedophile (you know, police/FBI reports/stolen videos or photographs, testimony from victims) you allege that a long forgotten, crappy movie from 1990 somehow is admissible as proof?

You must understand that the lies of Pizzagate actually make it easier for REAL pedophile and human trafficking rings to operate. So what are you getting out of this?

Denying the red shoes thing ?
Old 9th December 2018, 11:16 PM   #632
Elagabalus
Illuminator

Dave Zublick is on YT too. And beforeitsnews.

https://beforeitsnews.com/v3/conspir...8/2496102.html

Apparently John McCain Was Executed for Treason.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2018, 12:05 AM   #633
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Dave Zublick is on YT too. And beforeitsnews.

https://beforeitsnews.com/v3/conspir...8/2496102.html

Apparently John McCain Was Executed for Treason.
And obviously Bush Sr., too.
Old 10th December 2018, 01:48 AM   #634
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Denying the red shoes thing ?
Is it anyone wearing red shoes who is a paedophile, or just those who are hated by right-wing conspiracy nuts?
Old 10th December 2018, 01:55 AM   #635
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Your claim, your burden of proof.
Have you contacted NBC? You could cut to the heart of the matter in a jiffy.
What's more, there may even be a job in it for you. I'm sure NBC would love to have an investigative journalist of your calibre on their team. After all, their own reporters totally missed the whole 'sleeper agent' angle.
Old 10th December 2018, 05:04 AM   #636
carlitos
"más divertido"

Crappy strawman.

We're not talking about arrant nonsense. Anyone with half a brain knows the examples given are valid. Online info war is a real thing.
Ah.
Old 10th December 2018, 07:18 AM   #637
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Talk about nonsense.

Back in Catholic grade school we wore school uniforms.

Our K-6 mentality had several strongly held opinions on colors of clothing worn by the public school kids -"X" color meant they were queer if a boy, "X" color on a girl meant they were "easy."

This Q **** is samey-same. Nonsense.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2018, 08:11 AM   #638
Whip
Graduate Poster

Magic Wand Waving fails.

Here's how it works.

now then...Please share how it was confirmed you* are not sleeper agents paid to play and work on the information superhighway for years and shift into disnfo action whenever you are directed to do so.

*every post of yours on ISF

Last edited by Whip; 10th December 2018 at 08:13 AM.
Old 10th December 2018, 10:40 AM   #639
Bubba
Master Poster

We know that people create symbols for their organizations/interests. Ben Swann's CBS 'Reality Check' showed some pedophile symbology which the FBI already identified.

Its a given the FBI or Interpol etc would study film and other art forms for info in some investigation. Whether fiction or true, hollywood loves to include whatever symbology goes with the story line.

So the red shoes thing was mentioned in a creepy movie and it shows up in art, including Podesta's. Merely circumstantial evidence. "Artwork of interest" as some law enforcement officers say.

Maybe its nothing, maybe its something. What I find odd is the jumping to conclusions with the bluster and certainty I see. How is that being a skeptic?
Old 10th December 2018, 10:42 AM   #640
Bubba
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Whip View Post
now then...Please share how it was confirmed you* are not sleeper agents paid to play and work on the information superhighway for years and shift into disnfo action whenever you are directed to do so.

*every post of yours on ISF

Impossible. We wrote the book on cloaking.

Thanks for making my point.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories