ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Brilliant Light Power , free energy , Randell Mills

Old 21st October 2020, 03:39 AM   #921
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

The latest allegations are that external field trials will likely start later this year. We'll see if that actually happens and, if it does, how independent those actually are.
Old 21st October 2020, 06:18 AM   #922
whoanellie
Muse

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
The latest allegations are that external field trials will likely start later this year. We'll see if that actually happens and, if it does, how independent those actually are.
"later this year" They better hurry up.
whoanellie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2020, 07:19 AM   #923
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Originally Posted by whoanellie View Post
"later this year" They better hurry up.

They must mean "later in 2017," right?
Old 22nd October 2020, 06:00 PM   #924
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

More videos put up on YouTube, looks like he is taking up a new hobby, string art

https://youtu.be/3Q14wA5f9b4
Old 22nd October 2020, 08:22 PM   #925
SezMe
post-pre-born

At least it's more interesting than watching water boil.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2020, 02:46 AM   #926
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

TIL that electron fields are gay. Or that they support the NHS. It's hard to tell these days.
Old 24th October 2020, 03:20 PM   #927
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

More string art:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

I’m now appreciating why this has taken so long to be commercially ready. In the 70s I loved making string art pictures, but they took an age to make since you had to individually hammer in all the tacks, then “weave” all the strings. No wonder it took so long to do stop motion animation using a new string picture for each frame.
Old 24th October 2020, 04:05 PM   #928
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
More string art:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

I’m now appreciating why this has taken so long to be commercially ready. In the 70s I loved making string art pictures, but they took an age to make since you had to individually hammer in all the tacks, then “weave” all the strings. No wonder it took so long to do stop motion animation using a new string picture for each frame.
Ehn, like a lot of movie directors spending more time and effort on pure imagery rather than on the script. A time varying magnetic field produces a time varying electrical field. Yet when they say the magnetic field becomes an electric field they seem to be implying that it becomes a static electrical field (as indicated by the imagery). That is, at least until they suddenly just don't anymore. By claiming it then is now a variation in charge density of the electron shell. Which of course would be a time varying electric field (also supported by the imagery). Looks like they forgot to hire a continuity supervisor.
Old 26th October 2020, 05:29 AM   #929
wollery
Protected by Samurai Hedgehogs!

Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Ehn, like a lot of movie directors spending more time and effort on pure imagery rather than on the script. A time varying magnetic field produces a time varying electrical field. Yet when they say the magnetic field becomes an electric field they seem to be implying that it becomes a static electrical field (as indicated by the imagery). That is, at least until they suddenly just don't anymore. By claiming it then is now a variation in charge density of the electron shell. Which of course would be a time varying electric field (also supported by the imagery). Looks like they forgot to hire a continuity supervisor.
...Or anyone with even basic scientific knowledge.

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin
wollery is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology