IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags obituaries , Sheldon Adelson

Old 12th January 2021, 06:12 AM   #1
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Sheldon Adelson finally croaks

Sheldon Adelson, 87, is dead. He was a huge funder of Trump and the GOP. He's a big part of the reason we're where we are right now. Well, good riddance to the ******* bastard, too bad it didn't happen ten years ago, we might not be in this mess now.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2021, 06:24 AM   #2
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

..and there goes the other course of GOP funding.

No doubt plenty of Republicans would have traded Trump's life for Adelson's in a heartbeat.
Old 12th January 2021, 07:53 AM   #3
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post

No doubt plenty of Republicans would have traded Trump's life for Adelson's in a heartbeat.
Anyone know enough about cryogenics to say whether it's now too late?
Old 12th January 2021, 08:03 AM   #4
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

2021 is really trying to make up for lost time.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2021, 08:08 AM   #5
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Not necessarily.

According to Wikipedia, his wife is still alive and also a big Republican supporter. Assuming she inherits his money, I'm sure she will be more than willing to continue donating to right-wing causes.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2021, 08:23 AM   #6
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

You think he took it with him?
Old 12th January 2021, 11:26 AM   #7
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

He will most definently not be missed.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2021, 12:38 PM   #8
Suddenly
No Punting

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Sheldon Adelson, 87, is dead. He was a huge funder of Trump and the GOP. He's a big part of the reason we're where we are right now. Well, good riddance to the ******* bastard, too bad it didn't happen ten years ago, we might not be in this mess now.
You mean the lack of online poker options or something else?
Suddenly is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2021, 08:47 PM   #9
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by Suddenly View Post
You mean the lack of online poker options or something else?
You're right, that's much more important! And Full Tilt stills owes me 37 bucks!
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2021, 09:45 PM   #10
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Ninja'd by Segnosaur

Not so fast. His wife is just as much into supporting the same political causes. In fact, she might have even encouraged his donor behavior.

Though maybe she will stop donating to Trump now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miriam_Adelson

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 12th January 2021 at 09:47 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics