ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Congressional hearings , donald trump , Michael Cohen , Trump controversies

Old 10th March 2019, 08:38 PM   #1081
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
I seriously doubt Trump has the time, inclination or frankly the intellect to go searching and reading his own twitter feed for these retweet-worthy missives and then setting them up. So just about EVERY @realDonaldTrump retweet is potentially from his PR/Communications/court-jester team, not Trump personally. Scratch those and his output becomes (a) much less, and (b) very revealing.
But the added verbiage does fit the pattern - deny, accuse, insult. It's still him, even if people are feeding him retweets. Which I'm seeing a lot more of these days. I think his people are finding acceptable things for him to retweet as a distraction.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2019, 08:42 PM   #1082
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

“There’s not one shred of evidence that President Trump has done anything wrong.” @GrahamLedger One America News. So true, a total Witch Hunt - All started illegally by Crooked Hillary Clinton, the DNC and others!
Repeat a lie enough times...
Old 10th March 2019, 08:49 PM   #1083
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

It is a known fact that Trump has his most "successful" tweets printed out for him.
When he is depressed and out of ideas, he can just look at the Oldies but Goodies.
Old 10th March 2019, 09:03 PM   #1084
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Beelzebuddy View Post
But the added verbiage does fit the pattern - deny, accuse, insult. It's still him, even if people are feeding him retweets. Which I'm seeing a lot more of these days. I think his people are finding acceptable things for him to retweet as a distraction.
Oh certainly it's his style. I'm just wondering how much he has to do personally with them, whether he even sees them. We know already he is one lazy ******. He personally couldn't be arsed even just folding an umbrella to go through a door. He barely walks 100 yards in a round of golf. So when the retweets are from obviously obscure, i.e. online-searched-for, sources and the words used and concepts they convey are WAY beyond his limited vocabulary and understanding, clearly that isn't his own work. It's his usual approach of getting someone else to do his dirty work and then taking credit for it.

That being so, it really makes you wonder just how much of Donald J. Trump there is in the @RealDonaldTrump twitter feed altogether. Could it not just be a twitter toll, but also a totally fake twitter troll altogether? Even the product of a "foreign" troll farm...??
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2019, 09:09 PM   #1085
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

“There’s not one shred of evidence that President Trump has done anything wrong.” @GrahamLedger One America News. So true, a total Witch Hunt - All started illegally by Crooked Hillary Clinton, the DNC and others!
OAN - Gorka's TV network. Nazis-R-US.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2019, 05:09 AM   #1086
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Oh certainly it's his style. I'm just wondering how much he has to do personally with them, whether he even sees them. We know already he is one lazy ******. He personally couldn't be arsed even just folding an umbrella to go through a door. He barely walks 100 yards in a round of golf. So when the retweets are from obviously obscure, i.e. online-searched-for, sources and the words used and concepts they convey are WAY beyond his limited vocabulary and understanding, clearly that isn't his own work. It's his usual approach of getting someone else to do his dirty work and then taking credit for it.

That being so, it really makes you wonder just how much of Donald J. Trump there is in the @RealDonaldTrump twitter feed altogether. Could it not just be a twitter toll, but also a totally fake twitter troll altogether? Even the product of a "foreign" troll farm...??
In my experience the not-Trumps are much better constructed. They use big words and subtle meanings, and are concerned with things other than stroking Trump or insulting his perceived enemies. I'm sure if it becomes a problem they'll find someone capable of sprinkling NO COLLUSION onto their ghoswritten missives from the most powerful office in the land.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2019, 09:18 AM   #1087
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
From what I've read Cohen isn't suing for nonpayment of his own legal services, but for legal bills he incurred representing Trump. His claim is the Trump organization agreed to indemnify him.
Which is cute, given how much he fought off others who the organization agreed to pay.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2019, 09:22 AM   #1088
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Which is cute, given how much he fought off others who the organization agreed to pay.
The beauty of irony.
Old 11th March 2019, 11:30 AM   #1089
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

I will agree Cohen is the worst rat since Sammy "The Bull" Gravano. I think everyone knows that all lawyers should abide by omerta.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2019, 09:46 AM   #1090
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
cool cool. Won't take your word, and seeing nothing else....

good luck
Since you doubted that the recent Cohen testimony would result in new investigations of Trump, then here is an account of a new investigation of Trump that was a result of the recent Cohen testimony.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.2a19d6197d06

New York attorney general subpoenas Deutsche Bank for information related to loans to Trump, signaling new inquiry

The New York attorney general has subpoenaed records from Deutsche Bank related to three large loans the bank extended to President Trump’s company in recent years — and a fourth loan that Trump sought to buy the NFL’s Buffalo Bills, according to two people familiar with the subpoenas.

Those subpoenas signal a significant new inquiry by state regulators into the Trump Organization’s financing.

The subpoena follows congressional testimony by Michael Cohen — Trump’s former lawyer and longtime self-proclaimed “fixer” — that Trump inflated his net worth in documents he sent to Deutsche Bank while seeking loans.

Just last week, another New York agency — the Department of Financial Services, which oversees insurance — issued a subpoena to Trump’s longtime insurance broker, Aon. Cohen had testified that Trump had used the same kind of inflated financial statements in attempting to lower his insurance premiums.

Cohen said these statements exaggerated the income Trump received from commercial properties. They also included a valuation of one property — a mansion Trump owns in suburban New York — at $291 million, when local assessors put the value around $19 million.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2019, 09:52 AM   #1091
Belz...
Fiend God

Seems like TBD has ditched the thread. Reasons: unknown.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2019, 10:04 AM   #1092
Crossbow

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Seems like TBD has ditched the thread. Reasons: unknown.
Indeed so!

I have noticed that as well.

I have often noticed over the years that for those who love to claim that theists are superior to non-theists, that the theists will often run away when confronted with a situation that their various lies and sanctimony cannot be effectively applied.

Last edited by Crossbow; 13th March 2019 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Typo correction
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2019, 10:13 AM   #1093
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
Indeed so!

I have noticed that as well.

I have often noticed over the years notice that for those who love to claim that theists are superior to non-theists, that the theists will often run away when confronted with a situation that their various lies and sanctimony cannot be effectively applied.
Did you really notice?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2019, 11:16 AM   #1094
Crossbow

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Did you really notice?
Ugh!

Thanks much for the correction.
Old 14th March 2019, 03:54 AM   #1095
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
Ugh!

Thanks much for the correction.
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics