ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2016 elections , Clinton controversies , hillary clinton , James Comey , presidential candidates

Old 14th March 2019, 08:34 PM   #41
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
My last involvement as I am familiar with your tactics -- and, no, your tactics do not comprise honest posts honestly discussed .

1. Subtle attempt to reverse burden of proof

2. Make up your mind. Did Comey want to exonerate or to press espionage charges?

As to DoJ and Lynch, they may be sleazy as hell, but what you have here is neither smoke nor gun and certainly falls far short if what you hand wave away in other threads about Trump and cronies.

And the floor is yours.
1. Not so subtle. I was ROFL.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2019, 03:11 AM   #42
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
My memory is that a couple emails contained information that, while not classified at the time they were written, later became classified. I don't know of any email that contained information that was classified at the time the email was sent. I think that's a pretty important distinction.
I believe it turned out there were some attached to forwarded emails, but they weren't clearly marked as confidential. In that case, the distinction becomes whether or not Clinton was deliberately and willfully storing confidential documents on the server, which would be necessary to prove beyond reasonable doubt for a successful criminal prosecution. Trumpers don't care about such legal nuance, though; they don't even have a credible theory about why she would be doing that, other than her general evilness. But after 25 years of Clinton witch hunting failures since Whitewater, they thought they finally had a "gotcha!" and since that's the best they've been able to do, they just can't let it go.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2019, 03:27 AM   #43
applecorped
Suspended

Yes yes it's definitely trumper's that can't let this go
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2019, 09:05 AM   #44
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
Yes yes it's definitely trumper's that can't let this go
I know your attempt was at snark, so let's see if we can help you out.

There are dates on the posts. Do note who it is that keeps bumping the thread. Others are responding to the paranoid delusions. People tag-team in when called for. There is no one as dedicated to pointing out the flaws in the bumps as TBD is in keeping his moment of glory alive.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics