ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags anti-semitism charges , Ilhan Omar , Kevin McCarthy , Minnesota politics , Twitter incidents

Reply
Old 13th March 2019, 07:07 AM   #561
SuburbanTurkey
Graduate Poster
 
SuburbanTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Boston, USA
Posts: 1,566
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
It might, if I could make heads or tail of your post.
Just accept his conclusion. No need for context. I followed his link to twitter and I still have no idea what is happening in that video. Who are these people, why are they trying to get into that room, what exact injustice is occurring here? Presumably TBD knows, but it seems to be his style to not explain himself.

The OP TBD spat out on the HR-1 thread was terrible in a similar way. I'm not saying I disagree with his conclusion, because I have no idea what facts he used to arrive them. He dumped some link and announced that the D's are attacking the first amendment. No summary, no clear line of thinking, just a link and a conclusion. Common courtesy would be to lay out a line of thinking more thoroughly than just dumping a link with no meaningful comment.

I think I get more clarity from Bubba in the Q thread.
__________________
Gobble gobble

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 13th March 2019 at 07:19 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2019, 07:34 AM   #562
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Just accept his conclusion. No need for context. I followed his link to twitter and I still have no idea what is happening in that video. Who are these people, why are they trying to get into that room, what exact injustice is occurring here? Presumably TBD knows, but it seems to be his style to not explain himself.

The OP TBD spat out on the HR-1 thread was terrible in a similar way. I'm not saying I disagree with his conclusion, because I have no idea what facts he used to arrive them. He dumped some link and announced that the D's are attacking the first amendment. No summary, no clear line of thinking, just a link and a conclusion. Common courtesy would be to lay out a line of thinking more thoroughly than just dumping a link with no meaningful comment.

I think I get more clarity from Bubba in the Q thread.
I do not know whether to laugh or cry.

folks, go hit my links, and watch the video and the comments

"Dear @SpeakerPelosi, I'm a journalist. In 2002, militants slayed Danny Pearl after my pal left my home in Karachi. His last words: "I am a Jew." Last week, I reported on CAIR & Linda Sarsour lobbying for Ilhan Omar. Here is what happened, via CAIR footage. World: What do you see?"

"Below is the video from the angle of my phone. In my video, you can hear Linda Sarsour's order to her CAIR-affiliated aides, as well as their taunting. In the CAIR video, you can see their clearly aggressive body blocking. From any angle, it's wrong."

Oh well, it is refreshing to see people absolutely resistant to doing anything to educate themselves. Oh well.

If anyone need anything about the video explained, please let me know.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2019, 07:52 AM   #563
SuburbanTurkey
Graduate Poster
 
SuburbanTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Boston, USA
Posts: 1,566
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I do not know whether to laugh or cry.

folks, go hit my links, and watch the video and the comments

"Dear @SpeakerPelosi, I'm a journalist. In 2002, militants slayed Danny Pearl after my pal left my home in Karachi. His last words: "I am a Jew." Last week, I reported on CAIR & Linda Sarsour lobbying for Ilhan Omar. Here is what happened, via CAIR footage. World: What do you see?"

"Below is the video from the angle of my phone. In my video, you can hear Linda Sarsour's order to her CAIR-affiliated aides, as well as their taunting. In the CAIR video, you can see their clearly aggressive body blocking. From any angle, it's wrong."

Oh well, it is refreshing to see people absolutely resistant to doing anything to educate themselves. Oh well.

If anyone need anything about the video explained, please let me know.
Ok, try who, what, when, where, and why.

Who are these people? Where are they? Who are they going to see? Why is the journalist being blocked? Who's office is she being blocked from? Why should we care? Is it typical for ambush interviews to be allowed to happen in this context?

I still have no idea what this is or why anyone should care.
__________________
Gobble gobble
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2019, 08:06 AM   #564
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Ok, try who, what, when, where, and why.

Who are these people? Where are they? Who are they going to see? Why is the journalist being blocked? Who's office is she being blocked from? Why should we care? Is it typical for ambush interviews to be allowed to happen in this context?

I still have no idea what this is or why anyone should care.
Lets start with the first question, obviously you know who the journalist in question is because I linked to her twitter account. I also assume that you know who CAIR & Linda Sarsour and Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib and Louis Farrakhan are too, correct?
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2019, 09:29 AM   #565
SuburbanTurkey
Graduate Poster
 
SuburbanTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Boston, USA
Posts: 1,566
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Lets start with the first question, obviously you know who the journalist in question is because I linked to her twitter account. I also assume that you know who CAIR & Linda Sarsour and Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib and Louis Farrakhan are too, correct?
Why assume I know any of these people when you could easily explain it briefly in a coherent narrative rather?

But yes, I knew most of the involved. Didn't recognize Sarsour's name. What exactly is supposed to be happening here?
__________________
Gobble gobble
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2019, 09:35 AM   #566
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Why assume I know any of these people when you could easily explain it briefly in a coherent narrative rather?

But yes, I knew most of the involved. Didn't recognize Sarsour's name. What exactly is supposed to be happening here?
Because I am trying to be helpful, despite the fact that what is happening here is very clear to me.

Now, what is happening is that Linda Sansour, who has fairly strong ties to Farrakhan and thus is aligned with anti-Jewish sentiments, was going to Lobby Rashida Tlaib in the office building that houses members of the House. Sansour was accompanied by bodyguards from another anti-Israel group, CAIR, and they physically blocked a disfavored journalist from covering the event. So American lobbyists are using anti-Jewish and terrorist aligned CAIR bodyguards to dictate how American journalists can do their jobs. Omar uses the same thugs to block journalists from asking her questions too.

In the building where there are offices of members of the US House of Representatives.

Last edited by The Big Dog; 13th March 2019 at 09:40 AM.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2019, 09:38 AM   #567
SuburbanTurkey
Graduate Poster
 
SuburbanTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Boston, USA
Posts: 1,566
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Because I am trying to be helpful, despite the fact that what is happening here is very clear to me.

Now, what is happening is that Linda Sansour, who has fairly strong ties to Farrakhan and thus is aligned with anti-Jewish sentiments, was going to Lobby Rashida Tlaib in the office building that houses members of the House. Sansour was accompanied by bodyguards from another anti-Israel group, CAIR, and they physically blocked a disfavored journalist from covering the event.

In the building where there are offices of members of the US House of Representatives.
Are these meetings generally open to the public? The whole scene seems very chaotic to me, but I'm not familiar with what is typical. Is it normal for journalists to push into meetings set in a Representative's office?
__________________
Gobble gobble
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2019, 09:50 AM   #568
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Are these meetings generally open to the public? The whole scene seems very chaotic to me, but I'm not familiar with what is typical. Is it normal for journalists to push into meetings set in a Representative's office?
Yes, there is typically an open session with the press, but the room is limited, and getting space is competitive. It is very unusual for a "bodyguard" to block access, and then to mock the woman they blocked.

CAIR is controlling access to US Representatives in a US building.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2019, 09:54 AM   #569
SuburbanTurkey
Graduate Poster
 
SuburbanTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Boston, USA
Posts: 1,566
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Yes, there is typically an open session with the press, but the room is limited, and getting space is competitive. It is very unusual for a "bodyguard" to block access, and then to mock the woman they blocked.

CAIR is controlling access to US Representatives in a US building.
Wouldn't it have been much easier to just say that in your original post? I mean, it didn't really add much length and goes a long way in supporting your conclusion. I'm not being intentionally obtuse when I say that I really didn't even understand what was happening or why anyone would care based on your first post.

All that being said, even with the context I still don't really care.
__________________
Gobble gobble
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2019, 10:01 AM   #570
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Wouldn't it have been much easier to just say that in your original post? I mean, it didn't really add much length and goes a long way in supporting your conclusion. I'm not being intentionally obtuse when I say that I really didn't even understand what was happening or why anyone would care based on your first post.

All that being said, even with the context I still don't really care.
Yeah, there was no question I was wasting my time. I knew it, but there we are.

The video and comments were absolutely crystal clear, and needed absolutely further explanation to anyone with the first bit, the tiniest bit of understanding who the thugs in the video are, including Sansour and CAIR

I was asked to provide explanation, did so, only to be that a skeptic does not care, I mean cared enough to bitterly whine about it. say folks, if you don't understand something, literally no one is forcing you to post.

Terrorist enablers and anti-Semitic organizations are controlling journalists' access to members of the House and our correspondents:

"still don't really care."

WOW
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2019, 10:04 AM   #571
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 82,306
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Yeah, there was no question I was wasting my time.
You know, at some time in your life, your inability to make arguments that people can make sense of should tip you off to the possibility that you're just communicating poorly.

Unless you're doing it on purpose, that is.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2019, 10:06 AM   #572
SuburbanTurkey
Graduate Poster
 
SuburbanTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Boston, USA
Posts: 1,566
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Yeah, there was no question I was wasting my time. I knew it, but there we are.

The video and comments were absolutely crystal clear, and needed absolutely further explanation to anyone with the first bit, the tiniest bit of understanding who the thugs in the video are, including Sansour and CAIR

I was asked to provide explanation, did so, only to be that a skeptic does not care, I mean cared enough to bitterly whine about it. say folks, if you don't understand something, literally no one is forcing you to post.

Terrorist enablers and anti-Semitic organizations are controlling journalists' access to members of the House and our correspondents:

"still don't really care."

WOW
Seems like all in a days work for a hill reporter. It's a rowdy crowd, these things happen. This is the same place where you have protesters screaming at politicians, reporters running after politicians for a quick interview, and politicians darting around like a roach caught in the open.

I have a feeling that if the Rep. wanted to speak with her, she'd have no problem getting in the door. If the scandal here is "Tlaib is working closely with CAIR", I'm not impressed.

I fail to see what is really schoolyard shenanigans rising to the level of scandal. Maybe if they made a habit of it. Sure, it's pretty petty to block a door for a journalist you don't like, but I'm not going to get animated over adults playing the "I'm not touching you" game
__________________
Gobble gobble

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 13th March 2019 at 10:09 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2019, 10:13 AM   #573
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Seems like all in a days work for a hill reporter. It's a rowdy crowd, these things happen. This is the same place where you have protesters screaming at politicians, reporters running after politicians for a quick interview, and politicians darting around like a roach caught in the open.

I have a feeling that if the Rep. wanted to speak with her, she'd have no problem getting in the door. If the scandal here is "Tlaib is working closely with CAIR", I'm not impressed.

I fail to see what is really schoolyard shenanigans rising to the level of scandal. Maybe if they made a habit of it. Sure, it's pretty petty to block a door for a journalist you don't like, but I'm not going to get animated over adults playing the "I'm not touching you" game
Its not but:

"Tlaib is working closely with CAIR", I'm not impressed.

cool cool

CAIR has close ties to the muslim brotherhood and hamas

But our poster? Not impressed..

cool.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2019, 10:18 AM   #574
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 43,979
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
You know, at some time in your life, your inability to make arguments that people can make sense of should tip you off to the possibility that you're just communicating poorly.

Unless you're doing it on purpose, that is.
I think the technical term is "Trolling".
__________________
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2019, 10:23 AM   #575
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 43,979
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Its not but:

"
CAIR has close ties to the muslim brotherhood and hamas



cool.
Proof?
Not thrilled with a lot of the positions that CAIR takes, but I need proof before I accept they are supporting terrorist groups (which HAMAS and The Brotherhood are by any definition of the word).
__________________
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2019, 10:24 AM   #576
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I think the technical term is "Trolling".
Yeah, it is not, not at all.

But in my defense, i thought it was so bloody god damn obvious that people who post here did not have to be spoon fed every little thing, and if they did not understand it, why bother posting?

Actually, I am of the belief that people actually understood it, and really don't care that a Hamas linked outfit, and actual anti-Semities are making strong headway among the Democrats.

Hanging around CAIR thugs is a feature, and not a bug folks.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2019, 10:31 AM   #577
SuburbanTurkey
Graduate Poster
 
SuburbanTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Boston, USA
Posts: 1,566
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Yeah, it is not, not at all.

But in my defense, i thought it was so bloody god damn obvious that people who post here did not have to be spoon fed every little thing, and if they did not understand it, why bother posting?

Actually, I am of the belief that people actually understood it, and really don't care that a Hamas linked outfit, and actual anti-Semities are making strong headway among the Democrats.

Hanging around CAIR thugs is a feature, and not a bug folks.
I assure you my lack of comprehension on your post, and many of your posts, is sincere. I am confident I am not the only member of this forum that is often unclear at what point you are trying to make. This is distinct from me generally disagreeing with you on most positions you take that I do understand.

In general, I find many of your posts would benefit from more elaboration besides just putting in a headline or link and then stating a conclusion. I often assume this is deliberate, but figured I would inquire this time out of curiosity.

I am under the impression that deliberate ambiguity combined with hyperbolic conclusions is your preferred style. If this isn't trolling, it's a close relative.
__________________
Gobble gobble
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2019, 10:50 AM   #578
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
I assure you my lack of comprehension on your post, and many of your posts, is sincere. I am confident I am not the only member of this forum that is often unclear at what point you are trying to make. This is distinct from me generally disagreeing with you on most positions you take that I do understand.

In general, I find many of your posts would benefit from more elaboration besides just putting in a headline or link and then stating a conclusion. I often assume this is deliberate, but figured I would inquire this time out of curiosity.

I am under the impression that deliberate ambiguity combined with hyperbolic conclusions is your preferred style. If this isn't trolling, it's a close relative.
Dude, no need to explain, you asked questions that were CLEARLY answered by the video, and after I explained in detail the things that are clearly shown in the video and surrounding comments.

And then after all that you said "I still don't care."

Which cool cool.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2019, 10:55 AM   #579
Border Reiver
Philosopher
 
Border Reiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,605
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Proof?
Not thrilled with a lot of the positions that CAIR takes, but I need proof before I accept they are supporting terrorist groups (which HAMAS and The Brotherhood are by any definition of the word).
given that the FBI often works WITH CAIR, I'm going to step out on a limb and say that there is no information that would stand up to any sort of scrutiny.
__________________
Questions, comments, queries, bitches, complaints, rude gestures and/or remarks?
Border Reiver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2019, 11:20 AM   #580
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by Border Reiver View Post
given that the FBI often works WITH CAIR, I'm going to step out on a limb and say that there is no information that would stand up to any sort of scrutiny.
Well, considering that CAIR was an unidicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation case which involved fundraising for Hamas I am going out on a limb and say that stands up to scrutiny
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2019, 01:06 PM   #581
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
9/11 terrorist attacks "Some people did something."

According to a US representative, instead of referring to 9/11 as a day we will never forget, we should refer to its as:

a day "Some people did something."

Fortunately, after 9/11 the day "Some people did something" some other people created actual terrorist support organization CAIR in the United States.

9/11 = "Some people did something."

Omar is a total scumbag...
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2019, 07:18 PM   #582
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains
 
Travis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 23,933
Omar continues to be my hero and I love that TBD hates her so much.



Yesterday she correctly called out Stephen Miller as a White Nationalist. About time someone in Congress did.
__________________
"Because WE ARE IGNORANT OF 911 FACTS, WE DEMAND PROOF" -- Douglas Herman on Rense.com
Zingiber Officinale

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2019, 07:29 PM   #583
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Omar continues to be my hero and I love that TBD hates her so much.

Yesterday she correctly called out Stephen Miller as a White Nationalist. About time someone in Congress did.
9/11 Terrorist attack: "Some people did something"

Anyway, you are saying a fanatical anti-Semitic terrorist supporter who said that 9/11 was a day "some people did something" called out a Jew??

Who would have thought?

Truthers gonna truth, folks. Say Travis, can you post a stundies thread so that your hero's comment that 9/11 was a day that "some people did something" can get the votes it deserves?
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2019, 01:34 AM   #584
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains
 
Travis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 23,933
Hey, are we gonna talk about how President Trump is actively trying to get this congresswoman assassinated?


Seems like we should be talking about that.
__________________
"Because WE ARE IGNORANT OF 911 FACTS, WE DEMAND PROOF" -- Douglas Herman on Rense.com
Zingiber Officinale

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2019, 05:12 AM   #585
eeyore1954
Philosopher
 
eeyore1954's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,394
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Hey, are we gonna talk about how President Trump is actively trying to get this congresswoman assassinated?


Seems like we should be talking about that.
It was her own poor choice of words that puts her in danger.
eeyore1954 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2019, 05:31 AM   #586
Mumbles
Philosopher
 
Mumbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,945
Originally Posted by eeyore1954 View Post
It was her own poor choice of words that puts her in danger.
You mean calling the terrorists "terrorists", and then noting that many people blamed all muslims (and Sihks, because bigots are often ignorant) were blamed for the actions of a few?

No, that's nota good reason for Cheeto Benito to goad his idiot white supremacist base into trying to kill her. But it's perfectly on-brand for him to do so, as he's promised his fanbase violence against nonwhite people throughout his campaign and presidency.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2019, 06:33 AM   #587
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains
 
Travis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 23,933
Originally Posted by eeyore1954 View Post
It was her own poor choice of words that puts her in danger.

Her word choice was fine. Nothing wrong with anything she said.


So try again.
__________________
"Because WE ARE IGNORANT OF 911 FACTS, WE DEMAND PROOF" -- Douglas Herman on Rense.com
Zingiber Officinale

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2019, 07:50 AM   #588
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 16,878
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Hey, are we gonna talk about how President Trump is actively trying to get this congresswoman assassinated?


Seems like we should be talking about that.
Why does this make her more likely to be assassinated?
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2019, 08:01 AM   #589
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 16,878
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Her word choice was fine. Nothing wrong with anything she said.


So try again.
Her word choice is fine? What speech or writing professor is not going to tear you apart for, "some people did something"?

The word choice is awful. It is ridiculously vague.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2019, 10:21 AM   #590
eeyore1954
Philosopher
 
eeyore1954's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,394
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Her word choice was fine. Nothing wrong with anything she said.


So try again.
Calling crashing airplanes into the twin towers and killing thousands was a poor choice of words in my opinion. I understand the point she was trying to make.
eeyore1954 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2019, 11:50 AM   #591
Egg
Graduate Poster
 
Egg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,511
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
Her word choice is fine? What speech or writing professor is not going to tear you apart for, "some people did something"?

The word choice is awful. It is ridiculously vague.
Your issue is that she was vague? Perhaps the context of the sentence helps - after all, the bigot-spin-fake-outrage machine didn't seem to have much trouble understanding what "some people" and "something" referred to.

Originally Posted by eeyore1954 View Post
Calling crashing airplanes into the twin towers and killing thousands was a poor choice of words in my opinion. I understand the point she was trying to make.
Do you think it was fair to suggest that she was trivializing the event and is unpatriotic, based on her choice of words, seeing as you understand her point? Do you think anyone would have even noticed if the words had come from some old, white guy?
__________________

"That's the thing with eggs: It's all about chicks and getting laid." - Wuschel
"A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg" - Samuel Butler
“When arguing with a stone an egg is always wrong” - African proverb
“A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked” - Bernard Meltzer
Egg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2019, 01:53 PM   #592
eeyore1954
Philosopher
 
eeyore1954's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,394
Originally Posted by Egg View Post
Do you think it was fair to suggest that she was trivializing the event and is unpatriotic, based on her choice of words, seeing as you understand her point? Do you think anyone would have even noticed if the words had come from some old, white guy?
Yes I do. Quotes are taken out of context for old white guys all the time.

Last edited by eeyore1954; 13th April 2019 at 01:54 PM.
eeyore1954 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2019, 04:29 PM   #593
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains
 
Travis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 23,933
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
Why does this make her more likely to be assassinated?
Stochatic terrorism. Let your allies know who you really hate and then wait for one of them to do the dirty deed. It worked in the synagogue shooting in Pittsburgh and with the murder attempts on George Soros.
__________________
"Because WE ARE IGNORANT OF 911 FACTS, WE DEMAND PROOF" -- Douglas Herman on Rense.com
Zingiber Officinale

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2019, 09:53 PM   #594
Mumbles
Philosopher
 
Mumbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,945
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Stochatic terrorism. Let your allies know who you really hate and then wait for one of them to do the dirty deed. It worked in the synagogue shooting in Pittsburgh and with the murder attempts on George Soros.
Truthfully, if you still think that US Muslims are okay with the 9/11 terrorist attacks, after almost 18 years of them unequivocally denouncing terrorism en masse, it's because you are either an idiot, or you're a bigot who wants to believe that all Muslims are your enemy.

Neither one is at all admirable.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th April 2019, 06:21 AM   #595
Parsman
Muse
 
Parsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bonnie Scotland
Posts: 652
Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
Truthfully, if you still think that US Muslims are okay with the 9/11 terrorist attacks, after almost 18 years of them unequivocally denouncing terrorism en masse, it's because you are either an idiot, or you're a bigot who wants to believe that all Muslims are your enemy.

Neither one is at all admirable.
I give you the 45th President of the United States, Donald J. Trump. Living proof that this is not an either / or option. He is bigly an idiot and a bigot.
__________________
I was not; I have been; I am not; I am content - Epicurus

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.
Parsman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th April 2019, 06:50 AM   #596
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF
 
Shalamar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere Else
Posts: 4,509
Originally Posted by Parsman View Post
I give you the 45th President of the United States, Donald J. Trump. Living proof that this is not an either / or option. He is bigly an idiot and a bigot.
A bigliot, if you will.
__________________

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th April 2019, 10:49 AM   #597
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing
 
Brainster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 16,525
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Stochatic terrorism. Let your allies know who you really hate and then wait for one of them to do the dirty deed. It worked in the synagogue shooting in Pittsburgh and with the murder attempts on George Soros.
So you folks are all trying to get Trump killed?
__________________
My new blog: Recent Reads.
1960s Comic Book Nostalgia
Visit the Screw Loose Change blog.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th April 2019, 12:12 PM   #598
WilliamSeger
Illuminator
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,535
Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
So you folks are all trying to get Trump killed?
Few people have that sort of influence over others. Travis should have said, "Let your cult know who you really hate..."
__________________
"We're done! We're done! GET OUT!"
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th April 2019, 12:37 PM   #599
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 16,878
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Stochatic terrorism. Let your allies know who you really hate and then wait for one of them to do the dirty deed. It worked in the synagogue shooting in Pittsburgh and with the murder attempts on George Soros.
But we should be allowed to let people know who we really hate. We have a right to hate and be hated
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th April 2019, 12:51 PM   #600
Mumbles
Philosopher
 
Mumbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,945
Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
So you folks are all trying to get Trump killed?
Nope, unlike Dolt 465, we don't promote violence as a response to speech.

Did you forget that part?
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:14 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.