ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Diana Falzone , donald trump , fox news , media criticism , national enquirer

Old 11th March 2019, 02:56 PM   #41
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
It's this. From what I saw, he is claiming that if you are on the radio long enough, you are bound to say something outrageous, so you shouldn't be held accountable for it if you do
I think what he was saying is that this is as big a nothingburger as the Russia collusion claims, with a little come at me bro mixed in
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2019, 03:00 PM   #42
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
He didn't even whine about it being unfair, i mean why bother? Hell he didn't even complain about it. It ain't like he hid the fact that he called, and did some bits with "Bubba the Love sponge."

It is soft and silly and a decade ago and brought by a literal political hit machine. It is silly and he ain't folding despite the snowflakes melting down about it.
Nope, in the Cult of Trump, there's no need for a Trump apologist to apologize for being a misogynistic pig. That's one way Trump has already made America great again, huh.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2019, 03:06 PM   #43
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Nope, in the Cult of Trump, there's no need for a Trump apologist to apologize for being a misogynistic pig. That's one way Trump has already made America great again, huh.
well, the good news is he gave the leftists snowflakes something to hyperventilate about.

although maybe i am all wet about this, maybe we should boycott Tucker's employer for doing nothing about those comment when he made them!

Boycott MsNBC!

laughing dogs!

Last edited by The Big Dog; 11th March 2019 at 03:11 PM.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2019, 03:18 PM   #44
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

well, the good news is he gave the leftists snowflakes something to hyperventilate about.
Oh, okay -- I thought your "good news" was that this hilariously hypocritical and hyperbolic hyper-partisan hyena, in all his haughty hubris, wasn't backing down from being a misogynistic pig. #MAGA
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2019, 03:21 PM   #45
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Oh, okay -- I thought your "good news" was that this hilariously hypocritical and hyperbolic hyper-partisan hyena, in all his haughty hubris, wasn't backing down from being a misogynistic pig. #MAGA
Amen my friend. **** MsNBC!

Shut down MsNBC!

Old 11th March 2019, 03:24 PM   #46
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I fully expect Gal Gadot to get the full Fox Treatment after her dust up with Bibi....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2019, 03:39 PM   #47
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...1#post12626791
Quote:
Nothing in this ******* abortion of a bill, this disgusting wreck of idiocy that panders to people that have literally no idea what they are talking about ...
Now that's what I call hyperventilation.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2019, 03:42 PM   #48
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...1#post12626791
Now that's what I call hyperventilation.
well one is a bunch of nincompoops that complain about nothing.

the other is the same idiots gutting the first amendment.

priorities
Old 11th March 2019, 03:44 PM   #49
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
That's exactly what I imagine that creep is really like.
Old 11th March 2019, 04:28 PM   #50
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

well one is a bunch of nincompoops that complain about nothing.
One of what now?

Quote:
the other is the same idiots gutting the first amendment.
More hyperventilation. Meanwhile, your first reaction to the Carlson story is
Quote:
Shut down MsNBC!
You rightists seem all too keen to shut down news outlets. Trump told us two years ago he was going to "do something" about the press being free to say anything they like : given that he's done more in those two years than any other President ever has in their entire terms, presumably that "something" hsa already been done, leaving the First Amendment as gutless as Fox News already.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2019, 04:38 PM   #51
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Hang on a sec...

WHO, again exactly, did you say were going to "gut the First Amendment"?

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=335175
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 11th March 2019 at 04:39 PM.
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2019, 04:43 PM   #52
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Hang on a sec...

WHO, again exactly, did you say were going to "gut the First Amendment"?

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=335175
The democrat party and their assorted adjacent grifters like media matters.
Old 11th March 2019, 04:43 PM   #53
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
It's this. From what I saw, he is claiming that if you are on the radio long enough, you are bound to say something outrageous, so you shouldn't be held accountable for it if you do

Letting out a cuss word is one thing. He went into a many minute long defense of arranged child marriage. That is not a shock moment that is an ideology.

It is possible he has since changed his mind but it sure doesn't look like he is saying that consider...

although maybe i am all wet about this, maybe we should boycott Tucker's employer for doing nothing about those comment when he made them!

Boycott MsNBC!

laughing dogs!

...that his defense is to simply say "got you all upset!" No explanation at all for why he defended a horribly immoral crime against young girls. No contrition. No disclaimer he has changed his mind. Just a "come on my show where I may let the interview air if it doesn't make me look too stupid" and that is somehow okay.

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2019, 04:50 PM   #54
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

The democrat party and their assorted adjacent grifters like media matters.
And you don't know the rest of the world is pointing and laughing hilariously at Tucker Carlson et al on Fox network? And shaking their heads at how you let Fox censor their news stories in favour of King Rupert? And you don't know that Rupert has first-hand control over what airs at Fox? Because he has Trump's pearly-white balls in his grip? And all that's somehow the Democrat's fault?

Here, make yourself some of these. They will make you feel better.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2019, 04:58 PM   #55
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

And you don't know the rest of the world is pointing and laughing hilariously at Tucker Carlson et al on Fox network? And shaking their heads at how you let Fox censor their news stories in favour of King Rupert? And you don't know that Rupert has first-hand control over what airs at Fox? Because he has Trump's pearly-white balls in his grip? And all that's somehow the Democrat's fault?

Even if everthing TBD says about the Dems is true, it's just a case of my grifters vs your grifters......

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2019, 05:11 PM   #56
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
It's a bit spooky, I have to say.
It keeps coming:

Tucker Carlson Defended Statutory Rape in 2015 With Proud Boys Founder Gavin McInnes

Quote:
Tucker Carlson, the 49-year-old Fox News primetime star, does not believe in treating women like men. In particular, as he told the founder of a designated hate group, he does not believe adult women who have sex with underage boys should be considered rapists.

“Here’s what I’m for,” Carlson told Gavin McInnes, founder of the Proud Boys, in a 2015 podcast interview (the video of that chat was uploaded in Jan. 2017). “I’m for treating women differently from the way we treat men. I’m not for playing along at all.”

Accordingly, Carlson argued, statutory rapes committed by men and women are incomparable.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2019, 05:11 PM   #57
The Big Dog

The rest of the world, Venezuela too? wowsers!

lol, don't care
Old 11th March 2019, 05:18 PM   #58
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
“But there is a limit beyond which I can’t pretend anymore. And calling—in this case, it was a 17-year-old kid—a ‘rape victim’ because a teacher, who wasn’t even that old, or married, was kind enough to initiate him into the ways of adulthood. I’m not just going to sit there.”

OUTRAGEOUS!
Old 11th March 2019, 06:30 PM   #59
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Even if everthing TBD says about the Dems is true, it's just a case of my grifters vs your grifters......
None of them are pure as the driven snow, for sure. I'm just failing to see how the machinations of the news output over at Fox to support an increasingly unstable presidency put there mostly by Fox bias and the personal attachment of the Fox news owner to the Trump Team is anything at all to do with the Democrats.

It looks like someone desperately flailing and drowning in shark-infested waters, while putting the blame on the lifeguard who told them many times NOT to swim in there.
Old 11th March 2019, 06:54 PM   #60
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Unearthed audio shows Tucker Carlson using white nationalist rhetoric and making racist remarks

Quote:
Between 2006 and 2011, Fox News host Tucker Carlson spent approximately an hour a week calling in to the Bubba the Love Sponge Show, a popular shock jock radio program where he spoke with the hosts about a variety of cultural and political topics in often-vulgar terms. In addition to making many misogynistic remarks and sexual comments about underage girls, Carlson, who was hired by Fox in 2009, also repeatedly made racist remarks.

Carlson credited "white men" for "creating civilization" and made numerous racist remarks about the Obamas, including agreeing that Michelle Obama would "be a problem" because she “turns into a sister” and asking of Barack Obama, "How is he Black, for one thing? He has one white parent, one Black parent.” Carlson called Iraqis “semiliterate primitive monkeys” and said Afghanistan is "never going to be a civilized country because the people aren't civilized.” He also said he had “zero sympathy” for Iraqis because they “don’t use toilet paper or forks” and that the war could turn around “if, somehow, the Iraqis decided to behave like human beings."
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2019, 07:31 PM   #61
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Hilarious response from Carlson today about the clinton grifter Media Matter's hit piece quoting 'otrageous" things said a decade ago on a shock jock's call in show.

Man those clinton grifters are soft
Ha ha ha. Very funny. Hang on. Where is his response?
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 01:14 AM   #62
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

This thread is now entirely trolling on one part and responding to trolling on the rest. Maybe just give it a rest? You can get your daily outrage quota without figuratively banging your head against a brick wall.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 01:37 AM   #63
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Been LOLling since about post #1.
Old 12th March 2019, 01:41 AM   #64
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
This thread is now entirely trolling on one part and responding to trolling on the rest. Maybe just give it a rest? You can get your daily outrage quota without figuratively banging your head against a brick wall.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 03:10 AM   #65
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

The white supremacist talking points is a major part of his show, you don't need to unearth audio for that.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 03:20 AM   #66
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

There was also that time when he said that a boy who had been raped by his teacher was "whining" and that she was the real victim because he "tattled" on her and ruined her life.
Old 12th March 2019, 03:51 AM   #67
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1105200951256702983

Quote:
If you make fun of Tucker Carlson, an extremely rich man with his own TV show, you are part of a LEFTIST MOB.

We now return you to the Right denouncing victim mentality and the snowflake culture.
Old 12th March 2019, 06:21 AM   #68
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Trump tweeted this morning:
Quote:
Patrick Moore, co-founder of Greenpeace: “The whole climate crisis is not only Fake News, it’s Fake Science. There is no climate crisis, there’s weather and climate all around the world, and in fact carbon dioxide is the main building block of all life.” @foxandfriends Wow!
From Fox News to the stone tablet that is his brain.
Old 12th March 2019, 06:45 AM   #69
Belz...
Fiend God

Hilarious response from Carlson today about the clinton grifter Media Matter's hit piece quoting 'otrageous" things said a decade ago on a shock jock's call in show.

Man those clinton grifters are soft
Wow Hillary AND grifters in the same post!

Hic!

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 06:46 AM   #70
Belz...
Fiend God

“But there is a limit beyond which I can’t pretend anymore. And calling—in this case, it was a 17-year-old kid—a ‘rape victim’ because a teacher, who wasn’t even that old, or married, was kind enough to initiate him into the ways of adulthood. I’m not just going to sit there.”

OUTRAGEOUS!
TBD defends rape. Wow.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 07:05 AM   #71
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Well it all seems nicely in line with fox news, what is the problem?
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 07:10 AM   #72
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Been LOLling since about post #1.
Surely it's LingOL ?

(me too, btw)
Old 12th March 2019, 07:10 AM   #73
SuburbanTurkey
Graduate Poster

Did these Fox News types really not see this coming when they went all in on calling Ilhan Omar a racist? Fox News is 24 hr dogwhistling at its best, and often open hositility at its worst. They are in no position to judge.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 12th March 2019 at 07:11 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 07:40 AM   #74
Worm
Master Poster

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
Trump tweeted this morning:

From Fox News to the stone tablet that is his brain.
Greepeace have had a debunking statement online about Patrick Moore for years.

https://www.greenpeace.org/usa/news/...ent-on-patric/

Not all cults are bad - I've joined a cult of niceness
Worm is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 08:28 AM   #75
carlitos
"más divertido"

I listened to the anti-Muslim stuff from Judge Pirro, and what kept getting me was her use of "Democrat Party." They are really dependent on this type of juvenile insult and appear unable to speak like grown-ups when discussing political opposition. I see that it's also a trolling thread title here. I get why they are doing it, it's just trolling, but man is it obvious. I just dismiss anything else you say when you go there.
carlitos is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 08:59 AM   #76
Toontown
Philosopher

Boycott MsNBC!

laughing dogs!
LOL!

It's as if all you do crumbles into dust though you refuse to see.

End times, right?

But seriously, have you heard? A couple of months ago MSNBC ousted Fox and took over the #1 cable news position.
Old 12th March 2019, 09:21 AM   #77
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
But seriously, have you heard? A couple of months ago MSNBC ousted Fox and took over the #1 cable news position.
Do you know if that's been a consistent ratings win by MSNBC over the past few months or just an occasional victory?

I know MSNBC is doing better, and Maddow won her time slot recently, while many fox shows seem to be dropping in the ratings.

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/the-...19-were/392622

Hmmmm... Fox has 1) declining ratings, and 2) a bunch of shows that often alienate sponsors who for come reason don't want their products associated with a bunch of bigots. Not that I'm predicting the death of fox, but I can't feel at least a little schadenfreude over seeing them struggle a bit.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 09:25 AM   #78
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Do you know if that's been a consistent ratings win by MSNBC over the past few months or just an occasional victory?
If anything, it would be occasional. Fox is still the #1 basic cable network in total viewers for both prime time and total day. Maybe MSNBC won a few time periods in the prime demographic 25-54, or something like that.
From the same source as you linked - use the search function for "basic cable ranker" to see more detailed info.

Basic Cable Top 10 (Prime Time)

Fox News (2,453,000)
MSNBC (2,091,000)
HGTV (1,260,000)

Basic Cable Top 10 (Total Day)

Fox News (1,480,000)
MSNBC (1,246,000)
CNN (812,000)

Last edited by carlitos; 12th March 2019 at 09:28 AM.
carlitos is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 09:39 AM   #79
Toontown
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post

I know MSNBC is doing better, and Maddow won her time slot recently, while many fox shows seem to be dropping in the ratings.

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/the-...19-were/392622

Hmmmm... Fox has 1) declining ratings, and 2) a bunch of shows that often alienate sponsors who for come reason don't want their products associated with a bunch of bigots. Not that I'm predicting the death of fox, but I can't feel at least a little schadenfreude over seeing them struggle a bit.
I don't keep up with the ratings. I noticed that headline from a couple of months ago while googling for something else. I was surprised that MSNBC is doing so well. It may be that Fox's inherent carelessness and poor judgement is finally beginning to backfire.

Last edited by Toontown; 12th March 2019 at 09:41 AM.
Toontown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 09:53 AM   #80
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

“But there is a limit beyond which I can’t pretend anymore. And calling—in this case, it was a 17-year-old kid—a ‘rape victim’ because a teacher priest, who wasn’t even that old, or married, was kind enough to initiate him into the ways of adulthood. I’m not just going to sit there.”

OUTRAGEOUS!
We could maybe ask Bowtie-Man if that works too.

Last edited by Regnad Kcin; 12th March 2019 at 09:54 AM.
Regnad Kcin is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics