IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Deep State conspiracies , QAnon

Old 14th March 2022, 10:00 PM   #401
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

This is perhaps a bit tangential, but seems a bit broadly applicable to a bunch of Republican issues, very much including QAnon...

When They Fantasize About Killing You, Believe Them

The hyperbolic posturing of Trumpist extremists, repeated often enough, will have deadly consequences.
Old 14th March 2022, 10:44 PM   #402
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

The trap of US right-wing conservatives is that, for decades, politicians and influencers have told that that
a) it's a real life-or-death, nay, heaven-or-hell situation
and
b) that they can fix it if they get elected

so for everyone who has been indoctrinated to believe this, it must look like
1) things keep on getting worse
and
2) no political solution has managed to reverse course

Right-wingers have left their audience with no other option but to commit violence against the designated enemies - it's Stochastic Terrorism, pure and simple, and even if many right-wingers didn't set out to actually murder their opponents, that's what they are currently supporting - or actually doing.
Old 15th March 2022, 01:23 PM   #403
carlitos
"más divertido"

This is from the twitter. Some "freedom convoy" supporters might actually be QAnon weirdos.

Quote:
@ariehkovler
A largish Telegram group devoted to the DC convoys has suddenly changed its name (see image). A few of the members are confused or bemused but most seem to just be rolling with it.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2022, 12:56 AM   #404
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
This is from the twitter. Some "freedom convoy" supporters might actually be QAnon weirdos.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...0f594ea009.png
I'm sure they are. I've seen the Q signs on the trucks of some of these scum and on flags at the overpasses for the morons who support them.
Old 25th May 2022, 05:23 AM   #405
eerok
Quixoticist

Things are going great in the Q universe.

The QAnon Queen Told Followers They Didn’t Need to Pay Bills. It Didn’t End Well. (vice.com)
Quote:
The QAnon Queen of Canada told her followers to stop paying their electricity and water bills because she declared them free. But now the utility companies are calling.
Quote:
Didulo has issued several “royal decrees” on her Telegram page, some regarding utility bills. The critical ones are “Decree 24,” claiming that electricity is now free in Canada; “Decree 15,” which abolishes income tax; and “Decree 23,” which makes water bills illegal. Another decree, number 79, reverts the price of rent, housing, and propane back to 1955 levels. Other decrees issued by Didulo are that critical race theory is illegal in Canada (this was her very first decree, in fact) and that the age of consent was changed to 24—which sparked an outcry from her followers.
Mental illness just wants to be free.
Old 25th May 2022, 05:35 AM   #406
SuburbanTurkey

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Things are going great in the Q universe.

The QAnon Queen Told Followers They Didn’t Need to Pay Bills. It Didn’t End Well. (vice.com)

Mental illness just wants to be free.
If I were a betting man, I would guess this results in the kind of petty violence you often see in sovcit circles. Some utility worker is going to be assaulted when the cognitive dissonance of having their gas or power shut off for nonpayment causes one of these freaks to short a circuit. Hopefully nobody gets killed.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2022, 05:46 AM   #407
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
If I were a betting man, I would guess this results in the kind of petty violence you often see in sovcit circles. Some utility worker is going to be assaulted when the cognitive dissonance of having their gas or power shut off for nonpayment causes one of these freaks to short a circuit. Hopefully nobody gets killed.
I don't know if anything like that will happen. Didulo's followers seem fairly passive and low-key. When reality crashes in, they seem to get more confused than violent. Some of her former devotees have gotten pretty angry with her once they've woken up, though.
Old 26th May 2022, 09:40 AM   #408
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Stella Immanuel, Q-nut and COVID dis-informationist fave, thinks (snicker) Joe Biden is a demonic clone.

Or something.

Quote:
Brothers and sisters, patriots, we are living in a time when there are two seeds in the world, the other seed is not human. And until we start realizing that we're dealing with creatures that are not human, you keep thinking people like Pelosi and Biden are human. I don't know where they are human selves are. But the Bible says the devil will deceive the people of the world to create these images. So how does this deception take place? What's happening to this seed? Listen, the devil will deceive them — that if you die, you're gonna live forever. We will clone you, download your brain to the internet of things. And then we're going to upload your brain back into that clone and you will live forever. It's a deception.
America's Front Line Doctor!!!
Old 26th May 2022, 10:00 AM   #409
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Someone read the Fascist Handbook and misunderstood the term "demonize your opponent".
Old 31st May 2022, 02:16 PM   #410
sts60
Illuminator

From part 2
Originally Posted by Bubba
The latest is just one word "Durham". What's that supposed to mean, anyway??
It’s short for “A lot of my taxpayer dollars down the drain for that bull ****.”

Unlike Q-cretins, I don’t approve of treason. I approve even less of taxpayer (waves hand)-funded attempts to cover it up by a corrupt AG and the corrupt prosecutor he hired.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2022, 09:36 PM   #411
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by sts60 View Post
From part 2

It’s short for “A lot of my taxpayer dollars down the drain for that bull ****.”

Unlike Q-cretins, I don’t approve of treason. I approve even less of taxpayer (waves hand)-funded attempts to cover it up by a corrupt AG and the corrupt prosecutor he hired.
We never did find out what 'd5' meant, did we?

Cosmic Yak on this forum.
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2022, 04:47 AM   #412
SuburbanTurkey

Queen Didulo's RV got towed and impounded and her followers are smoking some high test, uncut copium. Some are asking why the Queen's many subservient military forces didn't prevent this, others are assuring that having her vehicle impounded is actually a galaxy brain 5d chess move.

https://twitter.com/debdrens/status/...CxvfWulsUqAAAA
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2022, 11:01 AM   #413
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
We never did find out what 'd5' meant, did we?

A d5 is when you roll a d10 and divide by 2, rounding up.

Sent from my volcanic island lair using carrier pigeon.
Old 4th June 2022, 12:14 AM   #414
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

It's also a move in Battleship.

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2022, 10:39 PM   #415
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Negative 48 says the second coming of JFK will be June 11 in Dallas.

https://twitter.com/2022_karma/statu...vg97q0RNrG3R2w
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2022, 10:44 PM   #416
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post

it's a toxic relationship when your date promises to come but never does.
Old 15th June 2022, 07:25 AM   #417
sts60
Illuminator

Ha ha ha… Lin Wood cones out as not only a Moon landing denier, but also a Flat Earther.

Apparently people are speculating that he’s going for an insanity defense, but I think it’s really a stupidity defense.

Either one is suitable for a Q believer, or anyone else pushing the Big Lie.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th June 2022, 11:05 AM   #418
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post

So, did it happen?
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th June 2022, 11:54 AM   #419
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
So, did it happen?
I'm going to throw a guess out there and say the answer is, "No".
Old 16th June 2022, 12:42 PM   #420
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
So, did it happen?
Yes, but he saw who was waiting for him and cleared off again.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th June 2022, 06:00 PM   #421
ZiprHead
Muse

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post

IIDB is back, baby!
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2022, 12:48 AM   #422
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Or the Democrat controlled Mainstream Media covered it up...

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Yes, but he saw who was waiting for him and cleared off again.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2022, 06:17 AM   #423
eerok
Quixoticist

A rare truthful moment from the Queen of Canada.

https://t.me/romanadidulo/10747
Old 14th August 2022, 08:45 AM   #424
eerok
Quixoticist

Let's arrest the police. What could go wrong?

After hours of stand off, the Canadian Qanon cult’s attempt to do a citizens arrest of the police for “Covid crimes” ends predictably. (reddit.com)

More proof that we're living in the age of stupid.
Old 14th August 2022, 09:12 AM   #425
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

After hours of stand off, the Canadian Qanon cult’s attempt to do a citizens arrest of the police for “Covid crimes” ends predictably. (reddit.com)

Sigh. We do have our loonies, don't we?
Old 14th August 2022, 10:57 AM   #426
gmanontario
Muse

I have to wonder why Peterborough, a small nothing town in terms of political power attracts so much stupidity and human trash.
I used to live there when it was a fun gateway to the lakes all over Central Ontario. I lived close to the police station too.
Maybe it's the water...

Red Green
gmanontario is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2022, 12:13 PM   #427
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by gmanontario View Post
I have to wonder why Peterborough, a small nothing town in terms of political power attracts so much stupidity and human trash.
I used to live there when it was a fun gateway to the lakes all over Central Ontario. I lived close to the police station too.
Maybe it's the water...
Are there more of them up there? I don't know if crazy people clump together like kitty litter, but it's a theory.
Old 14th August 2022, 12:26 PM   #428
gmanontario
Muse

Are there more of them up there? I don't know if crazy people clump together like kitty litter, but it's a theory.
No idea and I simply refuse to find out. I'm not planning a visit anytime soon and shortly I'll be moving to Collins Bay (not the jail) so they will not be in my thoughts too much.

My nephew that lives there says if you stay away from downtown, they are invisible. He is a really big guy so not many will try to stop him from walking where he wants to go.

Roman Dildo is currently pretending to be on the phone with the military arranging for the arrests of those police officers. They are sending air support because she demanded it

Red Green
gmanontario is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2022, 04:44 PM   #429
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Sigh. We do have our loonies, don't we?
Don't your cops have the pepper spray "party cans"? That situation was screaming for wide dispersal riot control agents.
Old 15th August 2022, 09:24 PM   #430
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Don't your cops have the pepper spray "party cans"? That situation was screaming for wide dispersal riot control agents.
This is Canada and the police response to such things is usually very soft and non-confrontational. The Truckers' Protest (qv) shut down Ottawa for something like three weeks before action was taken. Those who were finally arrested are slowly being "processed" by the courts
Old 16th August 2022, 09:58 AM   #431
KDLarsen
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
This is Canada and the police response to such things is usually very soft and non-confrontational. The Truckers' Protest (qv) shut down Ottawa for something like three weeks before action was taken. Those who were finally arrested are slowly being "processed" by the courts
And the less said about the friendly hugs handed out at Coutts, the better...
KDLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2022, 10:17 AM   #432
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by KDLarsen View Post
And the less said about the friendly hugs handed out at Coutts, the better...
And no monster blood bath with bodies and burning trucks scattered across the landscape. Given the number of guns seized by the RCMP, there quite some potential for things to go wrong.
Old 16th August 2022, 03:14 PM   #433
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I think I can hear from off in another quadrant of the Galaxy a voice screaming

"Those stupid, igrnoant Humans! Besmirching my good name again!".

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2022, 12:05 PM   #434
Thanz
Fuzzy Thinker

Originally Posted by gmanontario View Post
Maybe it's the water...
The Peterborough mayor, when asked to comment, on twitter: "****** off you F**kwads". Awesome.

https://www.blogto.com/city/2022/08/...stors-fckwads/
Old 17th August 2022, 01:33 PM   #435
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Thanz View Post
The Peterborough mayor, when asked to comment, on twitter: "****** off you F**kwads". Awesome.

No words minced. I like it.
Old 17th August 2022, 02:16 PM   #436
gmanontario
Muse

Originally Posted by Thanz View Post

She isn't running for reelection either. The politically correct filter is off.

It refreshing to say what people are actually thinking.

Red Green
Old 18th August 2022, 02:37 AM   #437
porch
Muse

Quote:
The 55-year-old man, who also attended Freedom Convoy protests in Ottawa earlier this year, is now alleging police used excessive force. He said he suffers from a punctured lung and four broken ribs — none of which were, in his words, "part of our plan."

"That's why it's called a peaceful, lawful citizen's arrest. Because we're tired of the tyranny within the corporation of Canada," Claudio said.

Claudio was among three people arrested on Saturday. Peterborough police charged him with two counts of assaulting police.

The province's Special Investigations Unit (SIU) got engaged immediately, as part of its mandate to investigate all violent incidents involving law enforcement. But three days later, a spokesperson with the civilian body said in a statement that Claudio "has ceased co-operation with the SIU investigation."

"The affected person is encouraged to contact the SIU," the statement read.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...tion-1.6552575

I'm guessing he realized that the SIU was part of the Elite Pedo Deep State right around the time they asked him for a medical report to corroborate his claim of injuries.
porch is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2022, 05:24 AM   #438
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by porch View Post
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...tion-1.6552575

I'm guessing he realized that the SIU was part of the Elite Pedo Deep State right around the time they asked him for a medical report to corroborate his claim of injuries.

I found this interesting:

Quote:
"The answers are sort of troubling because we're talking about — this is just a function of human nature," said Joseph Uscinski, a political scientist with the University of Miami.

"Some people have personality traits like high levels of narcissism, or they have very conflictual personality styles in which they can't negotiate things with other people without resorting to conflict," he said. "And that's what drives a lot of this."
Quote:
"The less comforting story is that some people are just like this," he said, noting generations past have endured conspiracy-minded thinking during the Red Scare, witch hunts and satanic panic.
I've indeed concluded that some people are born idiots, and there's no way to reason them out of it.
Old 18th August 2022, 06:02 AM   #439
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

I've indeed concluded that some people are born idiots, and there's no way to reason them out of it.
As evidenced in this very thread.
Old 18th August 2022, 01:01 PM   #440
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I admit, I have fantasies of Q transporting in to have a few words with the "q" people....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories