IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , political speculation , rudy giuliani

Old 16th January 2021, 05:43 AM   #1
ChristianProgressive
Master Poster

what are the chances Julianni turns on Trump?

Word has it that Trump has stopped paying his legal fees and owes him a lot of money. Surely some enterprising prosecutor can seize that advantage and flip him?
"As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man." - Matthew 24:37

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." - Luke 21:28
ChristianProgressive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 05:44 AM   #2
ChristianProgressive
Master Poster

And yes, I do know I just misspelled the little jerk's name...
"As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man." - Matthew 24:37

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." - Luke 21:28
ChristianProgressive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 05:51 AM   #3
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

If Giuliani were to testify that Trump ordered the murder of Seth Rich ... who at this point would believe him?
The Creature from the Crypt has no credibility whatsoever.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 06:00 AM   #4
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Turn on how?
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 06:15 AM   #5
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

I think Trump turned on Giuliani.

And there really isn't anything the latter can do to the former. He is Wormtongue to Trump's Saruman.
Old 16th January 2021, 06:27 AM   #6
ChristianProgressive
Master Poster

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Turn on how?
By telling prosecutors incriminating things he's learned as an insider.

Old 16th January 2021, 06:30 AM   #7
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by ChristianProgressive View Post
By telling prosecutors incriminating things he's learned as an insider.
Oh noes we might find out that Trump has done illegal things while President! That would be such a game changer.

Seriously give me something Guiliani could tell us that's worse than "Attempted coup."
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 08:13 AM   #8
slyjoe
Master Poster

Oh noes we might find out that Trump has done illegal things while President! That would be such a game changer.

Seriously give me something Guiliani could tell us that's worse than "Attempted coup."
Just as an example, Trump had drawn up plans to nuke an American city and blame it on someone else.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 08:35 AM   #9
SteveAitch
Thinker

Information concerning state crimes, ie stuff he could do time for rather than just being banned from public office?
Old 16th January 2021, 08:52 AM   #10
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
Just as an example, Trump had drawn up plans to nuke an American city and blame it on someone else.
*Shrugs* So? We'd still have the same Trump-trolls here, in the streets, and in the voting booth talking about how we were being dramatic about it, lol lookit the triggered libs, and making absurd equivalency "whataboutisms."
Old 16th January 2021, 08:53 AM   #11
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

There's nothing he could do against Trump that Trump hasn't already done himself.

Trump's inner circle does not have the same level of protection though, and Rudy Colludy knows where the bodies are buried.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 09:09 AM   #12
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by Beelzebuddy View Post
There's nothing he could do against Trump that Trump hasn't already done himself.

Trump's inner circle does not have the same level of protection though, and Rudy Colludy knows where the bodies are buried.
And Trump knows where the fingerprint covered shovels are.

I wonder if this is the evolution of a classic circular firing squad?

Last edited by Mike!; 16th January 2021 at 09:10 AM.
Mike! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 09:18 AM   #13
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
I think Trump turned on Giuliani.

And there really isn't anything the latter can do to the former. He is Wormtongue to Trump's Saruman.
I think you've forgotten what Wormtongue did to Saruman in the end.

Fed up with mistreatment, Wormtongue cut Saruman's throat from ear-to-ear. Saruman didn't see it coming.
Old 16th January 2021, 09:37 AM   #14
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post

Fed up with mistreatment, Wormtongue cut Saruman's throat from ear-to-ear. Saruman didn't see it coming.
Yeah, but that only happens in the Extended Edition. We don't want this saga extended any more than necessary.
Old 16th January 2021, 09:43 AM   #15
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

We know trump is a con artist, and supported the terrorist activity at the Capitol. Problem is proving it in a court of law.

And I also recognize that guilianni is inherently untrustworthy, and would probably make a bad witness.

But in theory he COULD put investigators on the trail of new evidence... Contacts and meetings trump may have had that would otherwise be unknown, burner phones that might have been used, things that might be used to verify any claims guilianni made.

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 10:06 AM   #16
Cain
Straussian

As I recall, someone asked Giuliani about a scenario where Trump threw him under the bus, and the mayor joked that he had "insurance." I wouldn't be surprised if Trump stiffs him on legal fees but they call it even if Giuliani gets a pardon.
Old 16th January 2021, 12:03 PM   #17
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

The comparison is unfair anyhow. Saruman was WAY smarter than Trump.
Old 16th January 2021, 12:17 PM   #18
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Everyone will turn on Trump politically, just as Trump turns on them. Rudi could easily be the classic jailhouse snitch and cop an immunity deal if things go far enough South.

The President will very soon have no political clout, so anyone who desires a political future will have to turncoat on him, save some lackeys grubbing after money. The Trump Show is over.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 12:19 PM   #19
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Trump is probably trading a Paycheck for a Pardon when it comes to Rudy - and possibly others.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 12:26 PM   #20
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Trump is probably trading a Paycheck for a Pardon when it comes to Rudy - and possibly others.
This is probably why Giuliani hasn't publicly responded
Old 16th January 2021, 12:31 PM   #21
Mumbles
Philosopher

Lil' Drip is neither brave enough to backstab Toupee Fiasco, nor smart enough to do so without implicating himself badly. It's either "keep quiet" or kill them both" in the end, except since he's just the greazy lawyer instead of the former president, he's the one that'll get the worst of it.

(Not shocked to see Dolt 45 refuse to pay him, though - I thought everyone knew to get paid up front with him by now.)
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 02:07 PM   #22
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Aren't all conversations G has had with T covered by client-lawyer privilege?
Old 16th January 2021, 02:15 PM   #23
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Pretty sure Rudi would get disbarred rather than spend some time in the pokey for his involvement. I mean, he's always got hair dye endorsement opportunities as a parachute career.

"Just For Men Hair Colorings: because do you want to look like this clown?"

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 02:18 PM   #24
dasmiller
Just the right amount of cowbell

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
And Wormtongue was way more honorable than Giuliani
Old 16th January 2021, 02:23 PM   #25
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

The privilege doesn't cover crimes.
Old 16th January 2021, 06:01 PM   #26
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
The privilege doesn't cover crimes.
Now I've read the Wikipedia article Attorney-client privilegeWP and am a little wiser.
Old 16th January 2021, 06:24 PM   #27
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Word has it that Trump has stopped paying his legal fees and owes him a lot of money. Surely some enterprising prosecutor can seize that advantage and flip him?
I expect that Rudy has already contacted some book publishers about his writing his memoirs.

After all, since Trump is now refusing to pay Rudy, then Rudy is going to have to do something in order to recoup his losses.

On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 06:28 PM   #28
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Today, Rudy blamed ANTIFA for the attacks on the Capitol.

Why do they think this absurdity will work?
Old 16th January 2021, 07:25 PM   #29
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Not sure if that applies if both individuals are involved in the same crime.

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 07:28 PM   #30
angrysoba
Philosophile

*Shrugs* So? We'd still have the same Trump-trolls here, in the streets, and in the voting booth talking about how we were being dramatic about it, lol lookit the triggered libs, and making absurd equivalency "whataboutisms."
I suppose there is a chance Giuliani could have recorded evidence (probably nothing in writing because... Trump!). It wouldn’t matter what Trump trolls say about that if it meant Trumpypoos goes to jail.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 07:32 PM   #31
zorro99
Muse

Rudy shoulda demanded payment in advance.
Old 16th January 2021, 07:36 PM   #32
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Today, Rudy blamed ANTIFA for the attacks on the Capitol.

Why do they think this absurdity will work?
Because it will, on some.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 07:37 PM   #33
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Because it will, on some.
Oh it totally will. It’s ironic - I suppose - that the so-called hero of 9/11 has become a terrorist sympathizer and Truther in his senile years.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 07:41 PM   #34
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
Oh it totally will. It’s ironic - I suppose - that the so-called hero of 9/11 has become a terrorist sympathizer and Truther in his senile years.
He's only supporting the man who was down there in the trenches helping right after the attack!
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2021, 08:02 PM   #35
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

Location: Milky Way, Sol, Earth, Northern Hemisphere, USA, AZ, Scottsdale
Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
And Saruman is less evil.
Old 16th January 2021, 09:00 PM   #36
ChristianProgressive
Master Poster

That Trump remains in active clandestine contact with Russial making him a spy and political saboteur.

Old 16th January 2021, 09:03 PM   #37
ChristianProgressive
Master Poster

Not in the event they are co-conspirators.

Old 16th January 2021, 09:26 PM   #38
Reformed Offlian
Critical Thinker

Depends on whether the communication falls under the crime-fraud exception, which may in turn depend on which jurisdiction it happened in.

ETA: and as the other postern noted above, on whether G and T were involved in a conspiracy.

Last edited by Reformed Offlian; 16th January 2021 at 09:27 PM.
Reformed Offlian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2021, 04:08 AM   #39
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

I guess I did forget that. I did read the books, but so long ago.
Old 17th January 2021, 04:16 AM   #40
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Can't. Client confidentiality remains legally privileged.

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics