IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Old 21st October 2021, 05:53 PM   #721
marting
Illuminator

I saw two bigfoots.

Then I put a sock on them.
Old 23rd October 2021, 07:39 PM   #722
autumn1971
Illuminator

Originally Posted by marting View Post
I saw two bigfoots.

Then I put a sock on them.
Must've been one big sock!
'A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggardly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson, glass-gazing, superservicable, finical rogue;... the son and heir of a mongral bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition."'
-The Bard
autumn1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2021, 05:50 AM   #723
Drewbot
Philosopher

Update on the Sasquatch Habitat Investigation Team (S.H.I.T.)

They have found BIGFOOT VOCALS/WOODKNOCKS

1 Minute in approximately
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxSJwugza4E&t=1280s

I think I hear a dog.

Anyone else hear anything?

Last edited by Drewbot; 1st November 2021 at 05:54 AM.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2021, 09:36 AM   #724
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post

I think I hear a dog.

If an idiot hears a tree fall in the forest, does it make a bigfoot sound?
Old 1st November 2021, 09:36 AM   #725
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

I think I hear a dog.

I think my answer is "NO" but I could not find the time in the video the knock/sound is supposed to occur. The "researcher" sure likes his knives! Are they for protection? Against bigfoot?

"Mostly harmless?"
Old 17th November 2021, 04:32 PM   #726
mgidm86
Philosopher

Saw a video on Youtube where a guy is cutting big tree limbs with a machete (I was learning how to use one) out in the woods, stating that he's heard knocking sounds out there before and can't imagine what they could be.

Ya you gotta be that dumb.
Old 17th November 2021, 08:46 PM   #727
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
Saw a video on Youtube where a guy is cutting big tree limbs with a machete (I was learning how to use one) out in the woods, stating that he's heard knocking sounds out there before and can't imagine what they could be.

Ya you gotta be that dumb.
Maybe it's Dolly Parton?

I hear she has big knockers.
Old 21st January 2022, 03:25 PM   #728
MBDK
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Boring story. Needs more hero's journey.
Fixed that for you, and complied with your critique, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpgs&t=5s
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2022, 08:48 PM   #729
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by MBDK View Post
Fixed that for you, and complied with your critique, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpgs&t=5s
You're really digging in the weeds here. It must be January.

Still, it's funny how fads die, and I think bigfoot is even more of a pathetic joke at this point. I mean, we have Trump now, and we don't need anything stupider than that.

Last edited by eerok; 21st January 2022 at 08:51 PM.
eerok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2022, 08:39 PM   #730
MBDK
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
You're really digging in the weeds here.
I thought the song title summed up the entirety of the evidence provided by bigfoot zealots.
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2022, 07:12 AM   #731
Drewbot
Philosopher

The number of bigfoot research sites that are now dead links is huge.

For example, can anyone listen to any of these old interview?
I keep getting playback error.
https://www.mixcloud.com/letstalkbigfoot/
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2022, 07:56 AM   #732
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

https://www.mixcloud.com/https://www...tstalkbigfoot/
Me too. The site mixcloud.com is up but letstalkbigfoot is gone. Nothing on the Wayback Machine.

I tried Googling for >Adrienne Mayor Interview< and got a few hits however. So the interviews may be available with a bit of effort.
Old 1st March 2022, 06:44 AM   #733
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Apparently that Branco dude over at BFF (Bigfoot Fantasy w/Friends) kicked the bucket.
I remember him what an ahole, man he had some made-up BS he peddled to the masses over there.
RIP Branco....ya know the truth now, but ya always did ya BS'er!
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2022, 05:51 PM   #734
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

https://www.mixcloud.com/letstalkbigfoot/
The technology has made it increasingly impossible to play the Bigfoot Live Action Alternate Reality Game.

Game cams, drones, satellite images... there's no place for bigfoot to hide.

If you have footprints, then there is also going to be DNA evidence and Wallace-type stompers can't plant nonexistent DNA. Rock-throwing too - if Bigfoot threw the rock then it has DNA on it.

It was an interesting run discussing it over the years here and I am very well satisfied the membership figured it out. BLAARGing. Because once you understand it as an Alternate Reality Game then the frustration of trying to logically engage with a player is removed. They don't believe in Bigfoot themselves. The same way a con artist does not believe he is a Prince from Nigeria with $10 million to share with you.
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2022, 06:19 AM   #735
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Check this out apparently, I'm still living rent free in Norseman's head!
Hey Norse, you need help Bro LMFAO!
https://bigfootforums.com/topic/7978...vinced/page/5/
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2022, 08:24 AM   #736
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Have the Nawackers produced something recently?
Old 5th March 2022, 09:09 AM   #737
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Have the Nawackers produced something recently?
Nah, same poop different day.
Still playing Bigfeet Army in Oklahoma, I think the real goal is still a TV show.
Its astounding, what....10yrs of regular Bigfeet contact according to them but haven't produce poop
Old 5th March 2022, 09:35 AM   #738
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Good to see the credulous morons over at the BFF are still waiting for Godot.
Old 7th March 2022, 06:11 AM   #739
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by AlaskaBushPilot View Post
The technology has made it increasingly impossible to play the Bigfoot Live Action Alternate Reality Game.

Game cams, drones, satellite images... there's no place for bigfoot to hide.

If you have footprints, then there is also going to be DNA evidence and Wallace-type stompers can't plant nonexistent DNA. Rock-throwing too - if Bigfoot threw the rock then it has DNA on it.

It was an interesting run discussing it over the years here and I am very well satisfied the membership figured it out. BLAARGing. Because once you understand it as an Alternate Reality Game then the frustration of trying to logically engage with a player is removed. They don't believe in Bigfoot themselves. The same way a con artist does not believe he is a Prince from Nigeria with $10 million to share with you.
This is the correct take. Imagine thinking that a beast that doesn't use exfoliants, and also has large numbers of hairs, is not leaving skin cells or hairs on literally everything it touches, is ridiculous.

Chuff brought this up back when the NAWAC was claiming rock chucking,
Quote:
From now on, NAWAC members should carry gloves and then bag the rocks that are thrown at them as the rocks could contribute DNA. At this point, it takes very few skin cells to get a DNA sample , and there could be sweat or oils there too to contribute a sample or even a finger prints. Also I doubt that "wood apes" wash their hands after urinating/ defecating and before they chuck the rocks, so those sources could also contribute DNA that could be present on the sample.

And though primates may throw rocks and other items , they frequently throw something far more unpleasant; the fact that no one has had a handful of steaming feces thrown at them is very odd since that is far more in keeping with primate behavior than rocks.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=279

So not only thrown rocks, but the "NUT CRACKING STATION" would chock full O' DNA as well.
Old 7th March 2022, 06:13 AM   #740
Drewbot
Philosopher

Also can a NAWAC member let us know if they ever found the tracker tag?

Was it attached to a dead owl?

Please update us.
Old 8th March 2022, 06:18 AM   #741
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Also can a NAWAC member let us know if they ever found the tracker tag?

Was it attached to a dead owl?

Please update us.
That was my contention very early on, a bird either got hung up in it or flew off with it. The morons at BFF couldn't get their pea brains around that LOL!
Old 8th March 2022, 09:13 PM   #742
whatsthedreamnow
Scholar

Just so I'm clear, we do NOT have a confirmed Bigfoot sighting? What happened to the incontrovertible Now N Plenty evidence?
whatsthedreamnow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2022, 11:34 PM   #743
MBDK
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by whatsthedreamnow View Post
Just so I'm clear, we do NOT have a confirmed Bigfoot sighting? What happened to the incontrovertible Now N Plenty evidence?
Why, that's a reasonable question. Not that you do, but don't expect a reasonable reply.
Old 9th March 2022, 03:04 PM   #744
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

I believe that was Good & Plenty.
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2022, 11:30 AM   #745
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Spektator View Post
Yes, there is a memorial to the G&P incident in Hart Plaza in downtown Detroit.

Old 10th March 2022, 09:37 PM   #746
whatsthedreamnow
Scholar

Originally Posted by Spektator View Post
Drat. Confused my candies.
whatsthedreamnow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2022, 06:23 AM   #747
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by whatsthedreamnow View Post
Drat. Confused my candies.
It is easy to do.
Bigfoot stories have long involved candy.

I believe Zagnut was prominent in one of the stories.
Old 11th March 2022, 07:13 AM   #748
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...

Sounds right, seeing as wingnut is involved in most of the stories

Sent from my volcanic island lair using carrier pigeon.
Old 11th March 2022, 09:15 AM   #749
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

It is easy to do.
Bigfoot stories have long involved candy.

That would be the Candysquatch thread. Mike Greene and thermal imaging were involved.
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal