IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
View Poll Results: For the article Supernatural
thank you 0 0%
I hope my article is reviewed 0 0%
I am waiting for your opinion, dear ones 0 0%
Hoping for your success and health 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Old 21st January 2022, 10:50 PM   #2481
Scorpion
Illuminator
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,096
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Hello.
First, what I am talking about God is God's claim in the Qur'an and the holy books. And I believe in that.
Secondly: Whatever science discovers has in fact proved the existence of God. Human science studies and discovers all the events and happenings of the universe to the best of its ability. The universe was created by God. Therefore, science says everything for the existence of God. That's the point. All scientific evidence and objective evidence is proof of God. I have told you many examples of modern science in this regard. I mention again:
We have 43 verses in the Qur'an for the expansion of the universe and the Big Bang, which occurred according to quantum science. And God has claimed that it is my work. - For the contraction of the universe and the event of the Day of Judgment, we have 2000 verses in the Qur'an that God has executed is my work. - Verse 104 of Surah 21 tells the model of Professor Hawking. (At the end of the world, the sky is falling apart.) I have all the above content with separate, independent and completely scientific articles taken from world-renowned sites.
Third: You are only allowed to submit your own opinion. And we respect your opinion. But you are not allowed to speak on behalf of others. Let others see, think, and choose for themselves. All people are wise. They do not need a lawyer to understand ordinary issues such as this theism. Please respect the freedom of public opinion and opinion of others.
Special thanks to you
Please do explain these statements that God has claimed it is your work
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:14 AM   #2482
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 23,193
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post

Please do explain these statements that God has claimed it is your work
The use of the word "executed" is ironic.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:34 AM   #2483
sackett
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Detroit
Posts: 7,173
If I try to utter somebody else's opinion, will the religious police come and get me?

Not quite all people are wise, I guess.
__________________
If you would learn a man's character, give him authority.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:36 AM   #2484
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 23,893
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post

Please do explain these statements that God has claimed it is your work
I am assuming that our friend has a limited command of English. I don't think he means that God made claims about heydarian saeed's work.

Hans
__________________
Experience is an excellent teacher, but she sends large bills.
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:45 AM   #2485
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 23,193
Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
I am assuming that our friend has a limited command of English. I don't think he means that God made claims about heydarian saeed's work.

Hans
Maybe. Once it is religion one can claim anything at all. God says we must always have oysters for breakfast. Who are you to deny god's command?
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:32 AM   #2486
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 23,893
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Maybe. Once it is religion one can claim anything at all. God says we must always have oysters for breakfast. Who are you to deny god's command?
Youck!
__________________
Experience is an excellent teacher, but she sends large bills.
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:37 AM   #2487
heydarian saeed
Muse
 
heydarian saeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Iran-Kashan
Posts: 798
Hello everyone, is there a house ?! I see that the group is off! It is dark here. Let's turn on a light bulb. be happy. I'm coming to you.
heydarian saeed is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:44 AM   #2488
heydarian saeed
Muse
 
heydarian saeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Iran-Kashan
Posts: 798
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post

Please do explain these statements that God has claimed it is your work
Hello good and dear friend. Haven't you been for a while? I wish you good health.
No. This is not my claim. I mean God has claimed that the creation of the world - the expansion of the world - the contraction of the world and the return of the world to singularity - is all the work of God. I just made this claim of God. I also fully believe in this claim of God. And rightly so.
heydarian saeed is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:18 AM   #2489
IanS
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,480
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Hello good and dear friend. Haven't you been for a while? I wish you good health.
No. This is not my claim. I mean God has claimed that the creation of the world - the expansion of the world - the contraction of the world and the return of the world to singularity - is all the work of God. I just made this claim of God. I also fully believe in this claim of God. And rightly so.

You say that God has claimed these things. But that is dishonest of you to claim that God has said anything. Because you do not actually know that God has said anything.

What you actually mean, and all that you can honestly say, is that you believe because of your religious faith that God has said things ... it's only your religious belief that God has said anything at all!

You keep talking here about your religious belief as if it must be true as a certain fact ... but it is nothing more than your belief (due to your religion), and it's belief which is NOT supported by any scientific evidence at all. In fact, it's a belief which is contradicted by every pile of scientific evidence and all of scientific discovery ever known in the history of Mankind ... never in the entire history of genuine published research science (that means the real genuine science journals) have any real scientists ever published any evidence at all to claim that your God exists or that there are any words anywhere in the Quran that describe anything in modern science ...

... that's now millions genuine research papers since the first journals began around 1800, and not one of them ever found any hint of any evidence of God or any hint of your claims about science in the Quran. That's a mountain of evidence that would pile higher than mount Everest 20 times over, and all of it is completely incompatible with your God and your Quran.

You are trying to claim that the Quran has thousands of verses about modern science, and claiming that you have scientific support for that. But that is an outright lie ... to be genuinely real published it science it MUST be in those published science journals ... and what you claim as your Islamic science from Islamic propaganda scam websites & books, is NOT published or supported in any genuine science paper at all.

Please produce real genuine science papers from real journals such as Nature, JACS, Phys. Rev. etc., … where are those real research papers? You have NONE! … out of x-million such research papers investigating absolutely everything in the entire universe, you have precisely NONE that claim to prove God or the Quran!
IanS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:21 AM   #2490
heydarian saeed
Muse
 
heydarian saeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Iran-Kashan
Posts: 798
Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
It was a yes or no question skip. Attempting to parse this gibberish I'm thinking your answer is yes, evolution has a goal?
Hello. I answered you in previous messages. pay attention.
heydarian saeed is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:27 AM   #2491
heydarian saeed
Muse
 
heydarian saeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Iran-Kashan
Posts: 798
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
No.


No, it doesn't.


It is indeed and that answer is: "No, evolution does not have a purpose or a goal". As you would know if you bothered to read those articles.
Hello. I have read some of these articles. The purpose of evolution lies in the purpose of creation. Creation is also purposeful. Maybe one day science will understand this. Maybe he does not understand. No matter. Belief in the purposefulness of creation and evolution does not stop the progress of science. Rather, it promotes science. If you do not believe in the purposefulness of creation and evolution, let me give you an example.
heydarian saeed is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:32 AM   #2492
heydarian saeed
Muse
 
heydarian saeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Iran-Kashan
Posts: 798
Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
By "articles" he seems to mean his own posts.
Hello. Thank you and Pixel 42 for judging me. But ... you are not moderate.
heydarian saeed is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:45 AM   #2493
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 14,282
Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
I mean God has claimed that the creation of the world - the expansion of the world - the contraction of the world and the return of the world to singularity - is all the work of God.
As IanS rightly points out, it's some guy who wrote a book centuries ago who claims all this, not God. The fact that the guy said the words are actually those of God does not make it true. It's just another unsupported claim, and a manifestly absurd one.

Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
The purpose of evolution lies in the purpose of creation. Creation is also purposeful. Maybe one day science will understand this.
What scientists understand (and they have mountains of objective evidence to support that understanding) is that evolution does not have a purpose. Maybe one day you will also understand this, but I'm not holding my breath.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:14 AM   #2494
heydarian saeed
Muse
 
heydarian saeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Iran-Kashan
Posts: 798
Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
Well no, not at all. Why would one assume that the universe has a purpose? This would imply that the universe was created by an imagined entity to attain a specific outcome. But there is no substantive reason outside of man-made 'holy' books for imagining such a scenario.
Hello. No. You have overlooked an important point. The world is on the move. Is not that so? Every move must have a purpose. The world is moving so it definitely has to have a purpose. We must first understand the movement and the necessity of the purpose of the movement, and then go to the stimulus of the movement. That is, the one who creates and directs the movement. This means proving God. Who created the world? Who moved the world? Again, gravity, density, electromagnetism, or other causes? No.These are just the forces and energies that are needed to keep moving. To understand more about this, you need to go back to Planck and the Planck area. I mean, read the scientific content of these two. To clarify the above claim for you. I am not a scientist. But I have referred to these articles for my words. And I have taken what I need to prove my point. These are all the disabled of one cause. What is the main cause that has no cause? Ask science to answer. The main cause, which has no cause, is God alone. God is not a giant or a monster that wants to move the world with greatness. No. This is childish thinking and completely worthless.
God only created the single. All subsequent stages are advanced by science. Everything that should make this move and reach the final goal is seen in the single of his program. Even human science is programmed in singles. God's plan is perfect. God is perfect wisdom. Without any defects. If you know someone other than God who has such a claim, introduce him so that we can know him. It is not difficult to search well to find the claimant. We are all in a very small village in the world.
Science is very good. And it makes me proud. But ... it should not cause pride and arrogance in any way. I apologize for having to say this important point.
Good luck
heydarian saeed is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:26 AM   #2495
heydarian saeed
Muse
 
heydarian saeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Iran-Kashan
Posts: 798
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
As IanS rightly points out, it's some guy who wrote a book centuries ago who claims all this, not God. The fact that the guy said the words are actually those of God does not make it true. It's just another unsupported claim, and a manifestly absurd one.


What scientists understand (and they have mountains of objective evidence to support that understanding) is that evolution does not have a purpose. Maybe one day you will also understand this, but I'm not holding my breath.
Hello
Just a question from yourself: What are you breathing for? Is it pointless? If so, what is the purpose of your breathing? Why are you doing this? Do you need to breathe to reach your goal? Or not. But the first part of your talk: how much can an illiterate person know about his day-to-day issues 1400 years ago, in the seventh century? There are approximately 6,200 articles in the Qur'an in all fields. Can that illiterate person say it himself? And said that he had no teacher. He was also illiterate so that he could read and understand the Bible or the Torah from the Bible and write the book of the Qur'an. So who wrote the Qur'an? You please answer. I want to hear from you.
heydarian saeed is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:32 AM   #2496
heydarian saeed
Muse
 
heydarian saeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Iran-Kashan
Posts: 798
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Because if you assume the universe has a purpose then that's proof that there's a giant invisible sky wizard to give it a purpose.

"Wait... it's like your only assuming this so it proves there's a God?" is sort of the point. It's a feature, not a bug.
Hello. Please refer to message 2494 .... By the way, God does not need proof. The existence of the universe and the motion of the universe prove God. And that is enough. And it is easy to understand.
Thanks
heydarian saeed is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:37 AM   #2497
heydarian saeed
Muse
 
heydarian saeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Iran-Kashan
Posts: 798
Originally Posted by IanS View Post
You say that God has claimed these things. But that is dishonest of you to claim that God has said anything. Because you do not actually know that God has said anything.

What you actually mean, and all that you can honestly say, is that you believe because of your religious faith that God has said things ... it's only your religious belief that God has said anything at all!

You keep talking here about your religious belief as if it must be true as a certain fact ... but it is nothing more than your belief (due to your religion), and it's belief which is NOT supported by any scientific evidence at all. In fact, it's a belief which is contradicted by every pile of scientific evidence and all of scientific discovery ever known in the history of Mankind ... never in the entire history of genuine published research science (that means the real genuine science journals) have any real scientists ever published any evidence at all to claim that your God exists or that there are any words anywhere in the Quran that describe anything in modern science ...

... that's now millions genuine research papers since the first journals began around 1800, and not one of them ever found any hint of any evidence of God or any hint of your claims about science in the Quran. That's a mountain of evidence that would pile higher than mount Everest 20 times over, and all of it is completely incompatible with your God and your Quran.

You are trying to claim that the Quran has thousands of verses about modern science, and claiming that you have scientific support for that. But that is an outright lie ... to be genuinely real published it science it MUST be in those published science journals ... and what you claim as your Islamic science from Islamic propaganda scam websites & books, is NOT published or supported in any genuine science paper at all.

Please produce real genuine science papers from real journals such as Nature, JACS, Phys. Rev. etc., … where are those real research papers? You have NONE! … out of x-million such research papers investigating absolutely everything in the entire universe, you have precisely NONE that claim to prove God or the Quran!
Hello dear professor. I enjoy talking to you. But to respond to your message, I would like to discuss the following with you. do you let me?
heydarian saeed is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:42 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.