IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Closed Thread
Old 8th April 2020, 02:48 AM   #1921
tusenfem
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Sol88 View Post
I do feel sorry for people like you.
Ah yes, we sheeple, ...
Why not get the electric confirmation from your electric buddies (e.g. at thunderdolts), they must have written now loads of papers with all the data that has been gathered and which is freely available.
Old 8th April 2020, 03:22 AM   #1922
Sol88
Philosopher

Originally Posted by jonesdave116 View Post

I said I was reluctant to get hugely into it, because, for something that I only had a passing interest in, there was a lot of study involved, and a lot of complicated maths. I did not say I could not understand it. So piss off with your pathetic lies. I doubt you could recite the twelve times table without a cheat sheet.
Well clearly if you don't understand the maths you understand nothing.

ergo only smart math cookies can unravel the mysteries of the Universe!

“The 'electric comet' is physically IMPOSSIBLE to model using mainstream science! PERIOD! True story! End of story!” Indagator
Sol88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th April 2020, 03:32 AM   #1923
Sol88
Philosopher

Originally Posted by tusenfem View Post
Ah yes, we sheeple, ...
Why not get the electric confirmation from your electric buddies (e.g. at thunderdolts), they must have written now loads of papers with all the data that has been gathered and which is freely available.
Deca's done a good job so far along with Patzold, Skorov, A'Hearn, Fulle, Taylor, Altwegg, Goetz

are some of the great people trying to jam brand new data into a dead model and run into problem after problem, though thier understanding also appears to be evolving.

Now if comets were just ROCK (the meteoric matrix of yours) and they lost mass via grains of rock becoming charged enough to be released of dust therefore reducing the mass of the comet and circularizing its orbit...and viola an ASTEROID/METEORITE.

The active asteroids are only new to the family.
Quote:
Therefore, comets and KBOs may have less water than CI-chondrites
Are we in a dusty plasma my lern'd friend?

Rhetorical

“The 'electric comet' is physically IMPOSSIBLE to model using mainstream science! PERIOD! True story! End of story!” Indagator
Sol88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th April 2020, 03:38 AM   #1924
Sol88
Philosopher

Indeed, not my field.
It says "rocky-like".
That last sentence does not make any sense, learn to write comprehensively if you want people to understand you.

yeah based on the The Refractory-to-Ice Mass Ratio in Comets

Which found Therefore, comets and KBOs may have less water than CI-chondrites

chondrites afaik there stony rock not rocky-like!

the last sentence means, get your nose out of someone else's business!

Old 8th April 2020, 03:39 AM   #1925
Sol88
Philosopher

Is another LIE. Learn the difference between rocks and dust. Do I need to post a picture?

EDIT:

Yep, I probably do!;

Rock:

https://geology.com/rocks/pictures/g...rained-380.jpg

Dust;

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...opic_photo.jpg
this is a piece of comet!

Carbonaceous chondrite

Quote:

Last edited by Sol88; 8th April 2020 at 03:45 AM.
Old 8th April 2020, 05:12 AM   #1926
jonesdave116
Philosopher

this is a piece of comet!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._meteorite.jpg
Carbonaceous chondrite
Is another LIE.

That is a meteorite.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
jonesdave116 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th April 2020, 05:13 AM   #1927
jonesdave116
Philosopher

yeah based on the The Refractory-to-Ice Mass Ratio in Comets

Which found Therefore, comets and KBOs may have less water than CI-chondrites

chondrites afaik there stony rock not rocky-like!

LIAR.

No rock at comets, and not a single scientist is claiming that there is. Persistent lying is not going to change the facts.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
jonesdave116 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th April 2020, 05:14 AM   #1928
Sol88
Philosopher

Is another LIE.

That is a meteorite.

and it's got MORE water than a comet!

I mean, according to Fulle.

Old 8th April 2020, 05:15 AM   #1929
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Deca's done a good job so far along with Patzold, Skorov, A'Hearn, Fulle, Taylor, Altwegg, Goetz

are some of the great people trying to jam brand new data into a dead model and run into problem after problem, though thier understanding also appears to be evolving.

Now if comets were just ROCK (the meteoric matrix of yours) and they lost mass via grains of rock becoming charged enough to be released of dust therefore reducing the mass of the comet and circularizing its orbit...and viola an ASTEROID/METEORITE.

The active asteroids are only new to the family.

Are we in a dusty plasma my lern'd friend?

Rhetorical
Stay away from plasma. You know nothing about it. Stick to your mythology inspired woo. Science is beyond you.

Old 8th April 2020, 05:17 AM   #1930
jonesdave116
Philosopher

and it's got MORE water than a comet!

I mean, according to Fulle.
No, Fulle did not say that. He said 'may'. And he is only talking about 67P. We have no idea what may be the make-up of Oort cloud comets. And none of this has anything to do with your failed woo, and the total lack of rock and discharges. Ever going to deal with that, instead of inflicting your scientific ignorance of all things cometary upon us?

Old 8th April 2020, 05:21 AM   #1931
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Well clearly if you don't understand the maths you understand nothing.

ergo only smart math cookies can unravel the mysteries of the Universe!
I don't need to take the full 3 year course to know more than you about it. That took about 3 minutes. And I do not need to derive the equation for the Debye length, merely know how to apply it. And I do not need a degree to know that double layers are nothing like ambipolar fields. Or that solar radial electric fields are not happening, and that anodes cannot simultaneously attract and repel electrons, etc, etc. When your cult has someone of a similar level of understanding, let us know.

Old 8th April 2020, 05:21 AM   #1932
Sol88
Philosopher

LIAR.

No rock at comets, and not a single scientist is claiming that there is. Persistent lying is not going to change the facts.

You don't even know what model you are 'spose to be using anymore!

Quote:
The classical model of comets as dirty ice balls (Whipple 1950) has focused most models of comets on ices. The more we visit comets, the dustier they appear. With 67P's dust-to-water ratio of 6 (and possibly larger), it is now necessary to spend much more time in modelling the non-volatile matrices with a modest content of ices inside.
So, snap to it champ and you'll have nothing left in the tank except comet are rocky object with minimal to no ice!

because...
Quote:
I made MY predictions and I'm more than happy to continue waiting till the paper tusenfem spoke of, is released!

What exactly are you after in the way of evidence comets are rocky objects?

Smack in the head with one?

Density would be roughly the same

Old 8th April 2020, 05:24 AM   #1933
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Ah yes, we sheeple, ...
For some reason, they have gone very quiet about comets over the last few years. David Talbott hasn't been back in what? 5 years? I think we all know why that is.

Old 8th April 2020, 05:28 AM   #1934
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Quote:
What exactly are you after in the way of evidence comets are rocky objects?
I told you, you obfuscating idiot. Detection of rock. You know, density? Thermal inertia? Compressive strength? Shear strength? Tensile strength? Dielectric properties? The observed non-failure of CONSERT to easily penetrate this non-rock?
Get an education, and stop polluting this place with your unscientific, mythology-based crap.

Old 8th April 2020, 07:27 AM   #1935
tusenfem
Master Poster

I guess you should adhere then to your own advice
Old 8th April 2020, 07:44 AM   #1936
jonesdave116
Philosopher

I guess you should adhere then to your own advice
Amen. Let's apply that to the EUists as a whole. I do not want to hear from them, therefore, unless it is about Velikovsky or electrical engineering. They are not qualified to comment on anything else. I think we can all agree on that.

Old 8th April 2020, 01:49 PM   #1937
Sol88
Philosopher

Quote:

Well, they are NOT dirtysnowballs are they then, champ!

You do not need to be an expert in a narrow discipline like tusenfem.

You need common sense and be open to new ideas thereby discovering a completely new mechanism that could explain previously unexplained observations.

Quote:
11 CONCLUSIONS

The classical model of comets as dirty ice balls (Whipple1950)has focused most models of comets on ices. The more we visit comets,the dustier they appear. With 67P’s dust-to-water ratio of 6 (and possibly larger), it is now necessary to spend much more time in modelling the non-volatile matrices with a modest content of ices inside.
Unexpected and significant findings in comet67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko: an interdisciplinary view

Last edited by Sol88; 8th April 2020 at 01:59 PM.
Old 8th April 2020, 02:06 PM   #1938
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Exclamation Most of the recent insanity from Sol88

Starting at ~10 March 2020
  1. Sol88's demented lie about "A fully Kinetic Perspective of Electron Acceleration..." only using electric fields.
  2. Sol88 demonstrates how utterly insane he is by expanding his demented delusion that comets have less water then asteroids
  3. Sol88 emphasizes his insanity with an image of the expected change in topology of Tempel 1. Deep Impact on Temple 1 shows insane he is.
  4. Sol88 quotes a definition of electric discharge from Wikipedia that shows he is a deluded liar
  5. Next post: Sol88 doubles up on his insane lying. There are no electrical discharges in the paper.
  6. Many cases of Sol88 being a coward, a liar and land running away from changing his delusions into science, e.g. evidence for electric discharges on comets.
    jonesdave116: So where are these discharges? Show me the detection, and stop running away
    jonesdave116: When are you going to grow a pair, and actually email Deca, instead of lying about his paper
  7. A new deranged lie by quote mining with no source a 15 year old newspaper article!
  8. Sol88 confirms his insanity that A'Hearn stated that comets are actual rocks by quoting A'Hearn stating that Tempel 1 had "snowbank" outer layers.
  9. Sol88's insanity of citing a 15 year old clays and carbonates finding that is explained and indirectly confirmed by A'Hearn.
  10. An insane delusion that any "cometary Electrons and Ions" have been found leaving the comet nucleus.
  11. Sol88 persists with his year old "very little ice" insanity about the Pätzold et. al. paper.
  12. Sol88 goes utterly insane by listing authors of a mainstream ices and dust paper.
  13. Sol88 goes utterly insane by listing authors of another mainstream ices and dust paper.
  14. Sol88 goes insane yet again with demented lies about posts and posters
  15. Sol88 shows insane he is with his persistent, insane lies about and insults of posters (insanity that jonesdave116 called authors liars)
  16. Confirms his complete insanity by saying that Tensile strength of 67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko nucleus material from overhangs (19 March 2018) is "succeeded" by a paper not on the tensile strength of 67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko nucleus material and published on 07 September 2016
    Unexpected and significant findings in comet 67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko: an interdisciplinary view has 1 mention of tensile strength when talking about pits.
  17. An insane rant about Ceres demonstrates his utter insanity that dwarf planets, asteroids, the Moon, and Mercury are comets !
    The reality is that a common origin of all solar bodies means that thy have some minerals in common.
  18. Persists with years old, insane lies about the Stardust mission finding rock.
  19. Yet more insanity of emphasizing his deranged "lightning bolts" dogma
  20. "Now just incorporate that into ICY comets." insanity
  21. Sol88 shows that he is an insane liar by not citing a paper yet again!
  22. An insane lie that a quote about electron heating is about double layers
  23. A lie that jonesdave116 "gave up on plasma physics 'cos the maths was too hard???"
  24. An insane lie that SAFIRE (a deluded model of the Sun as basically a plasma globe that turns the Sun into a white dwarf!) is a model of comets.
  25. An insanely lying question when the reasons that DL's are physically impossible at comets have been stated many times.
  26. Persists in his insanity about a mainstream ice and dust The Refractory-to-Ice Mass Ratio in Comets paper.
  27. An insane delusion that an electric field does not accelerate opposite charges in opposite directions (this is high school level physics!).
  28. An insane insult of tusenfem as an "an indoctrinated expert" when he is an educated expert
  29. An insane insult of all astronomers with "fudge a few figures here", etc.

Last edited by Reality Check; 8th April 2020 at 03:36 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th April 2020, 02:09 PM   #1939
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Exclamation The usual insane lies, delusions, insults, etc. addressed since 6 July 2009

Sol88 shows how deep his decades of insanity is yet again.
The thousands of insane lies, delusions, insults, etc. since 6 July 2009 from Sol88 about his cult's electric comet and electric Sun dogma.
Most of the recent insanity from Sol88

This post: An insanely lying question when the reasons that DL's are physically impossible at comets have been stated many times.
Next post: Persists in his insane lie that there are mainstream papers stating comets are his demented dogma of comets are actual rock, etc.
Persists in his insanity about a mainstream ice and dust The Refractory-to-Ice Mass Ratio in Comets paper.
Next post: Usual insane lies about posts and posters.
tusenfem wrote Every double layer is an electric field, not every electric field is a double layer.
This is the basic physics that Sol88 is so totally deluded about. If there is a layer of positive charges and a layer of negative charges there is an electric field between them. But the layers have to exist ! That needs a static or smoothly flowing electromagnetic and physical environment. That is not a comet coma. A come coma is a turbulent plasma with ever changing electric and magnetic fields. Those electric fields are not DLs.
Next post: Usual insane lies about science and scientists.
Sol88 and his demented cult are the only people in the world insane enough to thick that comes are rocks blasted from planets, etc.. The rest of the world know the physical evidence that comets are made of ices and dust.
Next post: An insane delusion that an electric field does not accelerate opposite charges in opposite directions (this is high school level physics!).
His persistent delusion that he knows about science, dusty plasma in this case. All he has is the insiatiy of writing words such as "electric field, "dusty plasma", etc. and making up delusions about them.
Next post: Usual insane citing of mainstream ices and dust comet papers and demented questions.
The quote says that the consolidated ices and dust landslides on 67P have a coefficient that is comparable to the coefficient in Earth dry landslides. The implies a "mechanically rocky-type behaviour for the cometary material". IOW the grains of ice and dust on 67P may act similarly to stones on earth in a landslide.
Next post: Usual insults of posters when it is documented that Sol88 is a misinformed, indoctrinated, member of a demented cult.
Next post: An insane rant about math!
Next post: The insane insults of the deceased Michael Francis A'Hearn and all astronomers by Sol88 linking them with Sol88's demented dogma, etc.
Next post: Usual insane citing of mainstream ices and dust comet papers and demented lied about them.
Next post: Makes himself into an insane liar yet again with an image of a solid rock (meteorite).
His demented cult wants comets to be solid rock. So;88 calls his demented cult liars by insisting the measure to be highly porous ice and dust on comets is "rock". The insiatiy of this lie is that this is a meteorite - the remains of an asteroid after all the dust and stones burned up in the atmosphere.
Next post: Makes himself into an insane liar yet again when he quoted before that it is CI-chondrites in asteroids that may have less water than comets, not the remains of asteroids in his meteorite image.
Next post: Usual insane lies about posts and posters and science.
And himself . Insanely ignorant and deluded rants are not predictions.
He replied to the fact that he wrote "An insanely lying question when the reasons that DL's are physically impossible at comets have been stated many times" above.
Next post: An insane rant about "photo-ionization of sublimed ice".
The physical fact that he does not deny (thus the insanity of his rant)( is that comets have ice.
The physical fact is that ice must sublimate when it is heated as a comet gets near to the Sun. That will produce neutral gas,
The physical fact is that photoionization of neutral gas exists!
The real world fact is that this is modern, textbook physics that anyone can look up .

Last edited by Reality Check; 8th April 2020 at 03:33 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th April 2020, 02:15 PM   #1940
Sol88
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
Sol88 shows how deep his decades of insanity is yet again.
The thousands of insane lies, delusions, insults, etc. since 6 July 2009 from Sol88 about his cult's electric comet and electric Sun dogma.
Most of the recent insanity from Sol88

This post: An insanely lying question when the reasons that DL's are physically impossible at comets have been stated many times
Read very carefully reality check, very carefully,
Quote:
Where is your fictions magnetic turbulence when its aligned with the magnetic field?

It's a coherent structure performing all the work of a plasma double layer, plain and simple.

Quote:
Strictly speaking, the term “double layer” refers to a pair of positive‐negative (two layers) space charge, which supports an electric field and a potential drop. Likewise, in rarefaction and ion‐acoustic shocks also charge separation occurs. In a double layer the charge separation is caused by reflection and trapping of electrons on its high‐potential side and ions on the low‐potential side. On the other hand, in rarefaction or ion acoustic shocks the charge separation is affected by a few electrons running ahead of the ions. Double layers are also commonly associated with a current.
LINK above

Quote:
We identify and characterize the magnetic field aligned ambipolar electric field that ensures quasi-neutrality and traps warm electrons. Solar wind electrons are accelerated to energies as high as 50–70 eV close to the comet nucleus without the need for wave–particle or turbulent heating mechanisms.
Quote:
Hence, the accelerating potential ΦP is indeed a critical quantity that controls the trapping of electrons, and by extension the nature of the electron closure relation (equation
of state; Le et al. 2010; Deca et al. 2019; Sishtla et al. 2019).
Quote:
Understanding the suprathermal electron population is important, since increased fluxes of the latter have been shown to strongly affect also the cometary ionosphere via electron impact ionization (Galand et al. 2016), charge exchange (Wedlund et al. 2017; Heritier et al. 2018), and is thought to affect dust grain charging processes (Gombosi et al. 2015).
A Fully Kinetic Perspective of Electron Acceleration around a Weakly Outgassing Comet

Last edited by Sol88; 8th April 2020 at 02:24 PM.
Old 8th April 2020, 02:26 PM   #1941
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Quote:
Where is your fictions magnetic turbulence when its aligned with the magnetic field?

It's a coherent structure performing all the work of a plasma double layer, plain and simple.
Lol. No it is not. Want me to email the author? If you're wrong, you never post here again. Deal? Please say yes!!!

Old 8th April 2020, 02:26 PM   #1942
Sol88
Philosopher

All of a sudden, photo-ionization of sublimed ice seems a little 19th century "gas light' era physics!

Too slow a process to do the majic you ask of it!

Old 8th April 2020, 02:28 PM   #1943
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Quote:
We identify and characterize the magnetic field aligned ambipolar electric field that ensures quasi-neutrality.........
Bit of a clue there, even for the scientifically illiterate!

Old 8th April 2020, 02:29 PM   #1944
jonesdave116
Philosopher

All of a sudden, photo-ionization of sublimed ice seems a little 19th century "gas light' era physics!

Too slow a process to do the majic you ask of it!
No it is not. Show your working. Do not forget that neutrals outnumber ions by ~ 1 million to one, close to the comet. The time against photoionisation for a water molecule is ~ 106 seconds. Show us the maths.

Old 8th April 2020, 02:30 PM   #1945
Sol88
Philosopher

Lol. No it is not. Want me to email the author? If you're wrong, you never post here again. Deal? Please say yes!!!
Yes please, include me in the email chain.

You do know we have an indoctrinated expert on plasma double layers right here?

and as he like to say "Every double layer is an electric field but not every electric field is a double layer". True!

Reminds me of his last argument

"Plasma is like a gas but gas is not a plasma"

The riddle'r himself!

Old 8th April 2020, 02:32 PM   #1946
Sol88
Philosopher

No it is not. Show your working. Do not forget that neutrals outnumber ions by ~ 1 million to one, close to the comet. The time against photoionisation for a water molecule is ~ 106 seconds. Show us the maths.

That would be trying to fit it to an incorrect outdated model! SISO!

fudge a few figures here, make a few assumptions there and bingo the dirtysnowball remains the mainstream model.

How do you guess Q again...???

Old 8th April 2020, 02:34 PM   #1947
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Quote:
Well, they are NOT dirtysnowballs are they then, champ!
Who said they were? That is your strawman that you nicked from the lying buffoon Thornhill. Not our fault that neither of you have bothered with decades of scientific papers on comets.

Old 8th April 2020, 02:35 PM   #1948
jonesdave116
Philosopher

That would be trying to fit it to an incorrect outdated model! SISO!

fudge a few figures here, make a few assumptions there and bingo the dirtysnowball remains the mainstream model.

How do you guess Q again...???
Lol. The clown makes an assertion, and when asked to back it up, he runs a mile. As usual. Can't do maths, can't do science. Actually, that needs translating into Latin - it can be the motto of the Thunderdolts cult!

Old 8th April 2020, 02:36 PM   #1949
Sol88
Philosopher

Bit of a clue there, even for the scientifically illiterate!

Ummmm you really are a complete and utter beginner here!

In the process of "maintaining quasi neutrality" WORK IS BEING DONE!

Mass is being LOST from the comet in the form OF DUST.

Quote:
Understanding the suprathermal electron population is
important, since increased fluxes of the latter have been shown
to strongly affect also the cometary ionosphere via electronimpact
ionization (Galand et al. 2016), charge exchange
(Wedlund et al. 2017; Heritier et al. 2018), and is thought to
affect dust grain charging processes
(Gombosi et al. 2015).

Old 8th April 2020, 02:37 PM   #1950
Sol88
Philosopher

Who said they were? That is your strawman that you nicked from the lying buffoon Thornhill. Not our fault that neither of you have bothered with decades of scientific papers on comets.
Quote:
Cometary nuclei are small solar system bodies composed of
dust, rocks, volatiles, and ices. As a cometary nucleus travels
closer to the Sun, its surface warms up and the environment
gets embedded with dust and gas, producing a large-scale
comet.
A Fully Kinetic Perspective of Electron Acceleration around a Weakly Outgassing Comet

Ummmm....that's the dirtysnowball. numty!

Old 8th April 2020, 02:38 PM   #1951
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Quote:
In the process of "maintaining quasi neutrality" WORK IS BEING DONE!

Mass is being LOST from the comet in the form OF DUST.
Lol. In what universe does that make any sense?

Old 8th April 2020, 02:40 PM   #1952
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Quote:
Ummmm....that's the dirtysnowball. numty!
No it isn't, thicko. The dirty snowball was a term invented by the press, when it was supposed that ice made up the majority of a comet. The ratio of ice to dust is irrelevant to sublimation. If there is ice, and it is near the surface, and it gets warm enough, it will sublime. That is a physical fact. And that is what is observed.

Old 8th April 2020, 03:15 PM   #1953
jonesdave116
Philosopher

So, here is a recent-ish paper, summarising what we know about the properties of cometary nuclei;

The Thermal, Mechanical, Structural, and Dielectric Properties of Cometary Nuclei After Rosetta
Groussin, O. et al. (2019)
https://link.springer.com/article/10...214-019-0594-x

Let's have a quick summary of what they are saying;

Thermal inertia:

Below 350 J K−1 m−2 s−1/2. Bulk value ~ 0 - 60 K−1 m−2 s−1/2. Not at all like rock;

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/...tbl1_309080416

Thermal Conductivity:

0–0.009 W m−1 K−1. Not at all like rock;

https://www.britannica.com/science/r...mal-properties

Tensile and Compressive Strength:

Nothing like rock. As they say;

Quote:
At Abydos, this layer is shallow (10’s of cm) and compares well with porous (75%) snow or silica aerogel, in terms of mechanical properties.
Elastic Properties:

Again, even taking the very highest possible value, nothing like rock.

Bulk Density:

Surprise, surprise - nothing like rock.

Dielectric Properties:

Well, who would have thought? Not very rock-like. And the fact that CONSERT radio waves penetrated the small lobe also shows that it is not rock. Which we already knew.

So, I think we can safely conclude that there is zero rock at comets. Now, onto the discharge and EDM (lol) woo. Let's have a look at the mag data...........zilch. So, that is the electric comet 'model' falsified. Not difficult, was it?

Old 8th April 2020, 03:22 PM   #1954
Sol88
Philosopher

Not done with rock yet.

the friction coefficient for 67P?

Last edited by Sol88; 8th April 2020 at 03:23 PM.
Old 8th April 2020, 03:26 PM   #1955
Sol88
Philosopher

No it isn't, thicko. The dirty snowball was a term invented by the press, when it was supposed that ice made up the majority of a comet. The ratio of ice to dust is irrelevant to sublimation. If there is ice, and it is near the surface, and it gets warm enough, it will sublime. That is a physical fact. And that is what is observed.
Cool, progress.

Well done jd116!

Better start your mainstream model of comets with little to no ice and mostly Dry consolidated dusty surface.

As the experts suggest after finding the dirtysnowball is wrong.

Old 8th April 2020, 03:28 PM   #1956
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Exclamation An insane insult of tusenfem as an "an indoctrinated expert"

You do know we have an indoctrinated expert on plasma double layers right here?
An insane insult of tusenfem as an "an indoctrinated expert" when he is an educated expert.
It is high school science physics that opposite charges are accelerated in opposity directions in an electric field.

It just takes good reading comprehension to see how insane Sol88 is about DLs.
Double layer. Note the "For.
mation mechanisms" and "Features and characteristics" sections. Read the lack of the word comet ! Read the thickness of DLs of "tens of meters in the interplanetary medium" (less for the denser plasma of comet coma).
Do a literature research for comets and double layers and see the almost complete lack of papers ! (I recall 1 paper about DL's inside a comet nucleus thus the "almost").
Ask an expert such as tusenfem, and he states what in hindsight is obvious. Comet coma are a magnetically turbulent plasma where DL's are impossible.

Last edited by Reality Check; 8th April 2020 at 03:32 PM.
Old 8th April 2020, 03:36 PM   #1957
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Exclamation An insane insult of all astronomers with "fudge a few figures here", etc.

An insane insult of all astronomers with "fudge a few figures here", etc.
Old 8th April 2020, 03:42 PM   #1958
Sol88
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
An insane insult of tusenfem as an "an indoctrinated expert" when he is an educated expert.
It is high school science physics that opposite charges are accelerated in opposity directions in an electric field.

It just takes good reading comprehension to see how insane Sol88 is about DLs.
Double layer. Note the "For.
mation mechanisms" and "Features and characteristics" sections. Read the lack of the word comet ! Read the thickness of DLs of "tens of meters in the interplanetary medium" (less for the denser plasma of comet coma).
Do a literature research for comets and double layers and see the almost complete lack of papers ! (I recall 1 paper about DL's inside a comet nucleus thus the "almost").
Ask an expert such as tusenfem, and he states what in hindsight is obvious. Comet coma are a magnetically turbulent plasma where DL's are impossible.
How’s the ambipolar electric field in question, aligning with the magnetic field if it’s turbulent?

Not as turbulent as the experts thought!

Old 8th April 2020, 03:42 PM   #1959
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Quote:
As the experts suggest after finding the dirtysnowball is wrong
Yada, yada, yada, lie, lie, lie. Thousands of tonnes of ice excavated at Tempel 1. Shed loads of it around Hartley 2. Solid ice seen around a number of other comets. Ice revealed on 67P after landslides. Enough outgassing to create a diamagnetic cavity. And to stand off the solar wind at > 1500 km well after perihelion. Far further at Halley. Et boring cetera. That is all observed. Indisputable. And what have you got? Non-existent rock, and scientifically impossible electric woo!

Old 8th April 2020, 03:44 PM   #1960
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Quote:
How’s the ambipolar electric aligning with the magnetic field if it’s turbulent?
Whut??!!!! Stay away from plasma physics. It really isn't your thing. If you are confused, email the authors. However, we know that won't happen!

Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology