ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 4th December 2007, 03:35 PM   #81
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Firestone

Aha! I see now that you are correct. Curse you Dante Alighieri and your development of the Italian Language!
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 03:38 PM   #82
Astute Perspicuous
Banned

Originally Posted by CHF View Post
Who do you think should investigate 9/11? Some names, if you don't mind...
A special tribunal set up by the people of America. Not "truther", not "Government officials"

A panel of private investigators, forensic scientists, and experts in many fields that did not have a bias view to start with.
Astute Perspicuous is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 03:38 PM   #83
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Now that, was friggin' lame. Three twoofer signs poked into a scene of tens of thousands.

But then I recall hearing that this would be a new twoofer tactic. Says a lot about what you think your support level is, Astute.
It really does. All those thousands of people who hate the war and the president enough to travel and take part in a protest together in one place, and even amongst them... most of whom would LOVE to find out Bush/Cheney had any part in this at all so they could hang them... TWO (maybe three... I think I see a third one waaaaaaaaay in the back) chose to use their placards to accuse them.

Bill Maher, the guy who LOST HIS JOB because he said something unpopular about the war, thinks truthers are absolute idiots for which "ass kickings are in order" for being so stupid.

Bill Clinton, the guy who could walk his wife into the White House tomorrow if he so much as hinted this administration played the tiniest role in allowing those people to die, gets angrier than I've ever seen him about anything when he's asked about a 9/11 cover-up.

WHY DOES NONE OF THIS SINK IN WITH THESE PEOPLE???
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
-lapman describing every twoofer on the internet

Last edited by Drudgewire; 4th December 2007 at 03:41 PM. Reason: sentence structure (probably not for the last time)
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 03:38 PM   #84
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute Perspicuous
Since when did it become OUR job to provide "evidence"?

All we are trying to say is that the "official" story is a complete hoax and a "real" investigation is needed.

That is the purpose of a "real" investigation and not the whitewash that was carried out before.

Who do you think should investigate 9/11? Some names, if you don't mind...
The teller at the Bank Of America Branch in the Boston Back Bay branch... the hose bag wouldn't cash my third party check!!
Mr.Herbert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 03:40 PM   #85
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Originally Posted by Astute Perspicuous View Post
A panel of private investigators, forensic scientists, and experts in many fields that did not have a bias view to start with.
Of course, to the non-paranoids of the world, Popular Mechanics and Purdue University have already done this.
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 03:43 PM   #86
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing

A special tribunal set up by the people of America. Not "truther", not "Government officials"

Sounds a whole lot like the kinds of folk who did all the work for the NIST reposts...
I pointed out that his argument was wrong in every particular, but he rightfully took me to task for attacking only the weak points." Myriad http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=6853275#post6853275
rwguinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 03:49 PM   #87
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Drudgewire View Post
Hahahaha, great shot of two 9/11 cover-up signs in the middle of a massive anti-war rally.
I can count 5, but otherwise.....

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
My Apollo Page.
PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 03:50 PM   #88
Astute Perspicuous
Banned

Originally Posted by rwguinn View Post
Sounds a whole lot like the kinds of folk who did all the work for the NIST reposts...
Yea...the same folks that said they "STILL" have no explanation for building 7.
Astute Perspicuous is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 03:56 PM   #89
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
I can count 5, but otherwise.....
Well I'll be, you're right. I did see the one in the back by a later post but missed the one behind the first two and the one in the very corner.

Well if nothing else, we got a Where's Waldo game out of this thread.
Old 4th December 2007, 03:59 PM   #90
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Guys;

Let them run with this. We know it will turn out to be either BS, or irrelevant, and the truthers have had so little to get excited about lately. I mean with only a year or so to go before their movement falls completely into darkness, they are getting angry.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 04:03 PM   #91
Astute Perspicuous
Banned

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
Guys;

Let them run with this. We know it will turn out to be either BS, or irrelevant, and the truthers have had so little to get excited about lately. I mean with only a year or so to go before their movement falls completely into darkness, they are getting angry.

TAM
Two can play at this game.

Do you have any "PROOF" that in a year or so their movement falls completely into darkness?

STUNDIE!

Last edited by Astute Perspicuous; 4th December 2007 at 04:04 PM.
Old 4th December 2007, 04:05 PM   #92
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Do you have any "PROOF" that in a year or so before their movement falls completely into darkness?

STUNDIE!
Old 4th December 2007, 04:06 PM   #93
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

fraud photo?

Looks like a fake photo.

Last edited by beachnut; 4th December 2007 at 04:07 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 04:06 PM   #94
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Do you have any "PROOF" that in a year or so their movement falls completely into darkness?

STUNDIE!
Did you really just ask me if I have any proof of something that has not even happened yet? really?

What you have said is, believe it or not, TOO STUPID for a stundie.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 04:14 PM   #95
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Looks like a fake photo.
You know, you are correct. I see at least six signs in that picture, the two in the foreground appear real, one half sign is iffy, and the other three, including that weird one way in the back, appear shopped.

OMG! OUTSIDE JORB!
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 04:14 PM   #96
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

9/11 truth never rose to the level of darkness or entry level ignorance

STUNDIE!
9/11 truth is past darkness, it is pure garbage; into the garbage can of vile lies and ignorant scraps of pathetic fraud. Do you own survey, ask your friends what they think about 9/11 truth ideas; I have found zero people in the real world who support 9/11 truth; that means it is hard to find those 0.00067 percent of all world engineers who believe in 9/11 truth, which is really fraud and lies about 9/11.

I would call the 9/11 truth movement has never made it past darkness, ignorance, or fraud.

And not a single member of 9/11 truth can fix the ignorance of 9/11 truth; WHY? Your ideas have failed to make an impact on the pathetic failure of 9/11 truth.

9/11 truth has always been in the darkness of total ignorance. What is new? A nut case from Italy says the CIA did 9/11 and he adds an anti Semitic statement too. How Pathetic is the 9/11 truth movement!? 9/11 truth is equal to ignorance! Pathetic morons make up lies about 9/11 – see 9/11 truth.
Quote:
"[Bin Laden supposedly confessed] to the Qaeda September [attack] to the two towers in New York [claiming to be] the author of the attack of the 11, while all the [intelligence services] of America and Europe ... now know well that the disastrous attack has been planned and realized from the CIA American and the Mossad with the aid of the Zionist world in order to put under accusation the Arabic Countries and in order to induce the western powers to take part ... in Iraq [and] Afghanistan."
What a load of junk!

Last edited by beachnut; 4th December 2007 at 04:23 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 04:14 PM   #97
CHF
Illuminator

Sounds fair so far.

Who should fund it?
CHF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 04:20 PM   #98
procrastinate maybe
Scholar

Given Cossiga's involvement with the Italian Fascist movement, it's little surprise that the Troofers are calling him their own, given their cosying up with the far-right when it suits them.

Over at DU, skeptic Leo Lincourt (salvorhardin) pointed out the following from a google translation

Quote:
now know well that the disastrous attack was planned and carried out by the American CIA and the Mossad with the help of the Zionist world order accused the Arab countries and to induce the Western powers to intervene in Iraq and in Afghanistan.
procrastinate maybe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 04:27 PM   #99
scissorhands
Banned

Originally Posted by 16.5 View Post
You know, you are correct. I see at least six signs in that picture, the two in the foreground appear real, one half sign is iffy, and the other three, including that weird one way in the back, appear shopped.

OMG! OUTSIDE JORB!
Probably not,the only other image I can find of this is at... http://www.flickr.com/photos/55281377@N00/102925932

Photographer is Hayden Roger Celestin.

shows no sign of photoshopping but is identical.

This one has been through photoshop, but only to add credits for photographer and information as to the event.

Still, it shows the desperation of the truth movement, having to rely on infiltrating a large march, sticking up a few flags and proclaiming it as some kind of evidence of mass support.

Last edited by scissorhands; 4th December 2007 at 04:30 PM.
scissorhands is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 04:29 PM   #100
Astute Perspicuous
Banned

Sounds fair so far.

Who should fund it?
There should be an anon fund set up where the public can donate ANY level of money with NO LIMITS on amounts. It should be kept PRIVATE and those who donate should be kept SECRET to protect their identity so they do not aquire any backlash. The donors also have NO EXTRA SAY in how the investigation is run.
Old 4th December 2007, 04:35 PM   #101
annexw
Scholar

There should be an anon fund set up where the public can donate ANY level of money with NO LIMITS on amounts. It should be kept PRIVATE and those who donate should be kept SECRET to protect their identity so they do not aquire any backlash. The donors also have NO EXTRA SAY in how the investigation is run.
And who would manage this fund? If "The Bankers" are so entrenched, how will you keep them out?

Who would decide on the investigators? You say "Americans", but you'd be hard-pressed to get them all in a room to vote.
annexw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 04:45 PM   #102
Astute Perspicuous
Banned

Originally Posted by annexw View Post
And who would manage this fund? If "The Bankers" are so entrenched, how will you keep them out?

Who would decide on the investigators? You say "Americans", but you'd be hard-pressed to get them all in a room to vote.
I never said I have all the answers...There would have to be some group that manages the funds.

As for the Americans who pick the investigators...you make it like Jury duty where if you're selected to be on a panel to pick the investigators, you are obligated to do so.

Last edited by Astute Perspicuous; 4th December 2007 at 04:46 PM.
Old 4th December 2007, 04:48 PM   #103
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

someone has to access the money to put it to use. Who would that be...who would decide who that would be? Who would his assistants be (cause you know he/she has to have them...lol)?

Far fetched fairytale pipe dreams with no basis in reality.

TAM
Old 4th December 2007, 04:56 PM   #104
Astute Perspicuous
Banned

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
someone has to access the money to put it to use. Who would that be...who would decide who that would be? Who would his assistants be (cause you know he/she has to have them...lol)?

Far fetched fairytale pipe dreams with no basis in reality.

TAM
Yup...With people like yourself with that "Can't Do" attitude, I guess you're most likely right. It will never get done.
Old 4th December 2007, 05:04 PM   #105
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by scissorhands View Post
Probably not,the only other image I can find of this is at... http://www.flickr.com/photos/55281377@N00/102925932

This one has been through photoshop, but only to add credits for photographer and information as to the event.

Still, it shows the desperation of the truth movement, having to rely on infiltrating a large march, sticking up a few flags and proclaiming it as some kind of evidence of mass support.
I was in that march. If there were any 9/11 denier signs near me, I didn't notice them. Then again, I was next to the topless chicks for much of the march.

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 05:06 PM   #106
Architect
Chief Punkah Wallah

You mean agent 003459?

He's a bloke, you know.

James Keir Hardie (1856 - 1915): Politician, Founder of Scottish Labour Party
Architect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 05:10 PM   #107
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Yup...With people like yourself with that "Can't Do" attitude, I guess you're most likely right. It will never get done.
It's the truth movement that has the can't do attitude. Jimmy Walter says he spent $5 million calling for a new investigation. Imagine the investigating that could have been done with that money!

Ask yourself why, if the truth movement has millions of supporters, they can't exert political pressure for this new investigation, and they refuse to fund one themselves.

It's nearly 2008, and you have nothing but utterly incompetent leaders, and none of you has written a single paper that could pass peer review in a reputable engineering journal.

What the hell are you armchair revolutionaries waiting for, "Astute?"?

Last edited by Gravy; 4th December 2007 at 05:11 PM.
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 05:10 PM   #108
Corsair 115
Penultimate Amazing

Define "bias view" please.

Last edited by Corsair 115; 4th December 2007 at 05:10 PM.
Corsair 115 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 05:15 PM   #109
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by Architect View Post
You mean agent 003459?

He's a bloke, you know.
Nuh-uh! While ogling one of them, I realized that I knew her. Later she showed up, clothed, at the bar where I was drinking. It was a bit awkward, at least for me.

Last edited by Gravy; 4th December 2007 at 05:15 PM.
Old 4th December 2007, 05:19 PM   #110
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I never said I have all the answers...There would have to be some group that manages the funds.

As for the Americans who pick the investigators...you make it like Jury duty where if you're selected to be on a panel to pick the investigators, you are obligated to do so.
Regardless of whether they are halfway competent investigators or not?
Ah,truther logic.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 05:23 PM   #111
Architect
Chief Punkah Wallah

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
Nuh-uh! While ogling one of them, I realized that I knew her. Later she showed up, clothed, at the bar where I was drinking. It was a bit awkward, at least for me.

I remember one of the lads doing that to a girl who turned out to be the wee sister of one of the other blokes. Talk about a laugh, as we watched the two of them almost come to blows whilst flitching their beer....

Those were the days.

Architect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 05:23 PM   #112
Caper
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
Oh... that rules!!!
Caper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 05:27 PM   #113
Astute Perspicuous
Banned

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Regardless of whether they are halfway competent investigators or not?
Ah,truther logic.

Nothing like "twisting" it into something it's not. It's obvious (to those with a brain) that the panel would pick the investigators based on experience and a vote would be in order.

Does everything need to be spelled out in such simple terms for you to understand? If so, please let me know and I will gladly cater to your inability to reason.
Old 4th December 2007, 05:29 PM   #114
Architect
Chief Punkah Wallah

Nothing like "twisting" it into something it's not. It's obvious (to those with a brain) that the panel would pick the investigators based on experience and a vote would be in order.
What technical qualifications do you consider necessary?

Old 4th December 2007, 05:32 PM   #115
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Once again...you are putting the burdon of proof on a person, rather than the COURTS.

That's what a real investigation is for...You have no idea if he can "prove" it or not.

Oh, awesome... the ol' "prove you're not a child molester" triple back-flip (or, in this case, "have a third-party prove you're not a child molester").

Various organizations, both government and independent, have done investigations into 9/11 appropriate to their field. They have released their findings, and the evidence they've used to come to their conclusions, in various forms. The whole of these conclusions constitutes the "official story" of 9/11.

You, and your movement, have made an insanely vague statement that "it's all a lie". It is now up to you to provide the evidence for why this is so.

It's been 6 years. Are you going to wait 6 more?

Last edited by Cl1mh4224rd; 4th December 2007 at 05:34 PM.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 06:24 PM   #116
CHF
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Astute Perspicuous

What I'm looking for is an investigation set-up that won't be dismissed by twoofers if it returned a verdict you didn't like.

Thus far, what I've heard from you is: highly qualified experts should be chosen by...umm...someone, and these experts will then be funded by...ah, people...who donate money anonymously...a process that will be overseen by someone else....and the money will be managed by...umm, some other people.

You'll have to do better in order for this investigation to get off the ground.
CHF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 06:45 PM   #117
MIKILLINI
Incromulent Logic

Astute, have you read the 9/11 Commission report? If so, what flaws do you believe are in it?
If you haven't read it, why not?

The conspiracist is not merely illogical: he assaults logic.~ Pomeroo
MIKILLINI is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 06:57 PM   #118
Reality Believer
Muse

Originally Posted by scissorhands View Post

Check this one out. Looks like an identical angle and location, but no 911 hoo ha. Came from here: http://www.dhadm.com/content/categor...war-on-terror/

Have been trying to find a higher resolution one, but no luck yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg war-protest.jpg (48.0 KB, 24 views)
Old 4th December 2007, 07:01 PM   #119
Sporanox
Muse

Quote:
Since when did it become OUR job to provide "evidence"?

All we are trying to say is that the "official" story is a complete hoax and a "real" investigation is needed.

That is the purpose of a "real" investigation and not the whitewash that was carried out before.
GOVERNMENT SHILL!!

There is no possible way that you are in the 9/11 truth movement (okay, maybe one...). You're just attempting to make it look even worse than it was before.

Quote:

Does everything need to be spelled out in such simple terms for you to understand? If so, please let me know and I will gladly cater to your inability to reason.
See, here you go again. You obviously believe that this panel would logically pick from the thousands of structural engineers whose views are most applicable to this matter, and they would debunk 9/11 Truth. So you're dooming the truth investigation from the start. SHILL!

-Sporanox
Sporanox is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 07:08 PM   #120
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Reality Believer View Post
Check this one out. Looks like an identical angle and location, but no 911 hoo ha. Came from here: http://www.dhadm.com/content/categor...war-on-terror/

Have been trying to find a higher resolution one, but no luck yet.
I think there are two 9/11 signs near the front right beside the orange peace symbol. Or at least they are similar signs.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories