ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Closed Thread
Old 14th July 2019, 05:19 AM   #4321
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Sol88 View Post
I don’t know.

I also don’t know why the solar wind proton doesn’t capture the solar wind electron and become plain ‘ol hydrogen. Can you tell me why LS?

I thought + &- attract?
So, you don't know?
You don't know why the universe behaves in a way opposite of what your model predicts and yet you have the arrogance to claim that THAT model should be used instead of the model that does not require nature to behave opposite to the observed way?

As for your second question, why should I explain something that is only a problem in the EU 'model'?
Why don't YOU explain how we can observe positive protons and negative electrons moving in the same direction without interacting, when according to the EU model this is impossible?

Because until you manage that, the rest of your comments are completely baseless.
In effect you are arguing whether griffin feather or dragon sinew wands give the best magic, while at the same time admitting you cannot prove magic exists.
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th July 2019, 05:23 AM   #4322
jonesdave116
Illuminator

I don’t know.

I also don’t know why the solar wind proton doesn’t capture the solar wind electron and become plain ‘ol hydrogen. Can you tell me why LS?

I thought + &- attract?
You will find that has to do with the energetics involved. We are dealing with a collisionless plasma, that is travelling at ~ 400 km/s. Why would they recombine? That is not to say that recombination doesn't happen ever. However, in my (admittedly limited) understanding of the subject, you will need a colder (i.e. slower), denser plasma.
Recombination can and does happen at comets, where the outflowing ions are slowed down and pile up at the diamagnetic cavity boundary. You can go read all about that in the literature.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin

Last edited by jonesdave116; 14th July 2019 at 05:26 AM.
jonesdave116 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th July 2019, 01:37 PM   #4323
Sol88
Philosopher

Originally Posted by jonesdave116 View Post
You will find that has to do with the energetics involved. We are dealing with a collisionless plasma, that is travelling at ~ 400 km/s. Why would they recombine? That is not to say that recombination doesn't happen ever. However, in my (admittedly limited) understanding of the subject, you will need a colder (i.e. slower), denser plasma.
Recombination can and does happen at comets, where the outflowing ions are slowed down and pile up at the diamagnetic cavity boundary. You can go read all about that in the literature.
Brilliant jonesdave116!

See how easy that was LS.

Now you just have to reconcile the acceleration of said collisionless particles.

“The 'electric comet' is physically IMPOSSIBLE to model using mainstream science! PERIOD! True story! End of story!” Indagator
Sol88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th July 2019, 01:38 PM   #4324
Sol88
Philosopher

Originally Posted by tusenfem View Post
ROTFLOL

Still asking the wrong question about the corona
Still in the dark about plasma physics

What a pointless thread
Any alternating currents in operation at comets, tusenfem?…

How do the electrons and ions move in an alternating current in quasi neutral space plasma?

Magic?

“The 'electric comet' is physically IMPOSSIBLE to model using mainstream science! PERIOD! True story! End of story!” Indagator

Last edited by Sol88; 14th July 2019 at 01:41 PM.
Sol88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th July 2019, 02:27 PM   #4325
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down The usual lies, delusions, insults, etc. already addressed over the last 10 years

The usual insane lies, delusions, insults, etc. already addressed over the last 10 years.
The insane insults of the deceased Michael Francis A'Hearn by Sol88 linking him with demented dogma, etc.

Sol88's utter insanity that Jupiter is a comet !

Sol88s usual insults of other posters know that Jupiter is a gas planet !

Sol88's usual insanity about his demented cult whose deluded dogma now includes comets, the Sun, Jupiter and the universe .

Sol88's usual insanity about the real world where Shoemaker–Levy 9 was a normal comet breaking up through tidal forces before it hit Jupiter.

Sol88's usual insane lies about the mainstream comet model which is still valid and supported b over 70 years of data.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th July 2019, 02:36 PM   #4326
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down The usual lies, delusions, insults, etc. already addressed over the last 10 years

The usual insane lies, delusions, insults, etc. already addressed over the last 10 years.
The insane insults of the deceased Michael Francis A'Hearn by Sol88 linking him with demented dogma, etc.

Sol88's usual insane lies about science.
We know what causes the coronal heating - it is just a question of gathering data to see which mechanisms are doing it.

Sol88's demented dogma has the Sun not even existing !

What causes a singularity is in the textbooks that Sol88 and his demented cult are delude about. The mathematical properties of a scientific theory can have singularities, e.g. Coulomb's law says the force between 2 charged particles goes to infinity as their distance goes to zero which is a singularity.

Last edited by Reality Check; 14th July 2019 at 02:38 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th July 2019, 02:40 PM   #4327
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Sol88 admits to abysmal ignorance about the Sun - not a surprise since he still cannot understand that his demented dogma makes the Sun not exist !
Old 14th July 2019, 02:42 PM   #4328
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Sol88's insanity that any new mainstream papers on ices and dust comets will support demented dogma about comets being rock, etc.

Last edited by Reality Check; 14th July 2019 at 02:44 PM.
Old 14th July 2019, 02:44 PM   #4329
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Sol88 writes irrelevant "reconcile the acceleration of said collisionless particles." insanity about the solar wind.
Old 14th July 2019, 02:45 PM   #4330
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Sol88's usual insanity of ignoring his demented dogma of comets being rock etc.
Old 14th July 2019, 11:56 PM   #4331
tusenfem
Master Poster

When’s the new papers out, they will fill me in, ay.

Two electron populations and a sheath, I’m excited.
I greatly doubt that, but don't let science stand in the way of your non-existing electric comet idea.

(Max Headroom)
follow me on twitter: @tusenfem, or follow Rosetta Plasma Consortium: @Rosetta_RPC
tusenfem is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th July 2019, 12:42 AM   #4332
tusenfem
Master Poster

How do the electrons and ions move in an alternating current in quasi neutral space plasma?

Magic?
yes, and you are not a member of the cabal, so I cannot divulge our secrets

(Max Headroom)
follow me on twitter: @tusenfem, or follow Rosetta Plasma Consortium: @Rosetta_RPC
tusenfem is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th July 2019, 01:40 AM   #4333
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator

Brilliant jonesdave116!

See how easy that was LS.

Now you just have to reconcile the acceleration of said collisionless particles.
I see, and yet you keep refusing to explain your model.

So once again, you EU model predicts something that is the exact opposite of what we observe in nature.

Since explaining is so simple, would you care to explain how that works?
And if you can't explain why that is, can you then explain why you keep clinging to a clearly faulty model?
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th July 2019, 02:52 AM   #4334
Sol88
Philosopher

Originally Posted by tusenfem View Post
yes, and you are not a member of the cabal, so I cannot divulge our secrets
Tap tap tap

Double layers here we come!

Old 15th July 2019, 02:55 AM   #4335
Sol88
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post
I see, and yet you keep refusing to explain your model.

So once again, you EU model predicts something that is the exact opposite of what we observe in nature.

Since explaining is so simple, would you care to explain how that works?
And if you can't explain why that is, can you then explain why you keep clinging to a clearly faulty model?

Solar wind gently blowing ions and electrons off of the Sun?

Best you stick with the Big Bang sport.

Old 15th July 2019, 06:56 AM   #4336
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator

Ah, that explains it, you do not accept measured quantities. Yes, if you refuse to accept nature the way it is, then I guess the EU is an acceptable form of magic.

Let me guess, you believe Gingervytes when he claims rockets do not work, which is why we, in your belief system, cannot measure the solar wind?
Or are you part of the 'Every space agency lies because reasons' crowd?
Old 15th July 2019, 10:43 AM   #4337
jonesdave116
Illuminator

And, despite repeated requests, you again fail to give us your mechanism. You don't have one, do you? Is it the idiot Scott's electric field? Somebody needs to explain to that clown that the solar wind is composed of electrons and ions. Opposite charges, see? Electric field sends them in opposite directions. Does that fit with observation? No, it doesn't. So, having disposed of that particular schoolboy error, perhaps Sol88's mechanism can finally see the light of day. Or he could just admit that he doesn't have one.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
jonesdave116 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th July 2019, 02:45 PM   #4338
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Sol88's insanity of double layers yet again !l

Last edited by Reality Check; 15th July 2019 at 02:47 PM.
Old 15th July 2019, 02:47 PM   #4339
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Sol88's usual inane gibberish ignoring his demented dogma about comets and the Sun.
Sol88's usual insane ignorance - the solar wind is ions and electrons being blown off the Sun!

We have valid physics to create the solar wind. Start with the simple fact that hot stuff ejects matter (look at an analogy of steam from boiling water). Thermal energy alone ejects gas, ions and electrons from the Sun. This is then accelerated by unknown mechanisms, e.g. interactions with the even hotter corona.

His demented cult just has an insane obsession with electric fields which cannot produce any solar wind. This is high school physics. Electrons go one way in an electric field. Protons go the opposite way in an electric field.

Last edited by Reality Check; 15th July 2019 at 02:56 PM.
Old 16th July 2019, 01:21 AM   #4340
Sol88
Philosopher

And, despite repeated requests, you again fail to give us your mechanism. You don't have one, do you? Is it the idiot Scott's electric field? Somebody needs to explain to that clown that the solar wind is composed of electrons and ions. Opposite charges, see? Electric field sends them in opposite directions. Does that fit with observation? No, it doesn't. So, having disposed of that particular schoolboy error, perhaps Sol88's mechanism can finally see the light of day. Or he could just admit that he doesn't have one.

Bit like a comet not accelerating electrons either, ay me 'ol mate.

you were wrong there too!

Can electrons be accelerated of a comet when ions are as well, jonesdave116?

Last chance before the new papers are out.

Old 16th July 2019, 01:25 AM   #4341
Sol88
Philosopher

Ah, that explains it, you do not accept measured quantities. Yes, if you refuse to accept nature the way it is, then I guess the EU is an acceptable form of magic.

Let me guess, you believe Gingervytes when he claims rockets do not work, which is why we, in your belief system, cannot measure the solar wind?
Or are you part of the 'Every space agency lies because reasons' crowd?
Measured quantities? like gravitational waves??

Most definitely NOT.

Bunk'em along with bovine excrement, along with fusion POWERING the Sun.

Any alternating currents involved with the Sun?

news flash Jupiter got them. Is Jupiter special?

Old 16th July 2019, 01:32 AM   #4342
jonesdave116
Illuminator

Bit like a comet not accelerating electrons either, ay me 'ol mate.

you were wrong there too!

Can electrons be accelerated of a comet when ions are as well, jonesdave116?

Last chance before the new papers are out.
No, I was not wrong. You were. Remember? You wanted an ambipolar field that is accelerating ions to also accelerate electrons! Duh! Which just goes to show that you have no idea about the relevant science. You want papers on ion and electron acceleration? I'm sure I could probably dig up something from Halley, or that sort of time period. You have still not got a single thing right about comets. You still do not have a mechanism. Nor evidence. Nor science. All a bit sad, really. And pathetic.

Old 16th July 2019, 01:36 AM   #4343
jonesdave116
Illuminator

Most definitely NOT.

Gravitational waves are observed. Tough luck. Fusion is observed. Tough luck. And what the hell have currents got to do with the Sun? Or Jupiter? Nothing to do with EU garbage. Currents don't explain neutrinos, for the hard of thinking. Nor do they explain the solar wind. So if you've got a point (unlikely) then explain the science of it in detail. Otherwise it is just more of the same insane word salad that we expect from you.

Last edited by jonesdave116; 16th July 2019 at 01:40 AM.
Old 16th July 2019, 03:27 AM   #4344
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator

Most definitely NOT.

Not the equally measured quantities I was talking about, but then you know that because you seek to avoid answering the actual question as that would force you to admit that the very basis of your so-called model is wrong.

And your modus operandi when you reach that point is to flail at anything else you do not understand in the hope it can distract.

We see electrons and protons leaving the sun.
We see the moving with the same acceleration in the same direction.
Your model predicts that this would not happen.
Therefore the entire basis for EU is wrong, and there is no need to focus on minutiae.

That fact that you try to hide this simple fact under mountains of excrement does not change that fact.
Old 16th July 2019, 03:58 AM   #4345
Sol88
Philosopher

Gravitational waves are observed. Tough luck. Fusion is observed. Tough luck. And what the hell have currents got to do with the Sun? Or Jupiter? Nothing to do with EU garbage. Currents don't explain neutrinos, for the hard of thinking. Nor do they explain the solar wind. So if you've got a point (unlikely) then explain the science of it in detail. Otherwise it is just more of the same insane word salad that we expect from you.

Long as you believe it.

Old 16th July 2019, 04:07 AM   #4346
Sol88
Philosopher

Not the equally measured quantities I was talking about, but then you know that because you seek to avoid answering the actual question as that would force you to admit that the very basis of your so-called model is wrong.

And your modus operandi when you reach that point is to flail at anything else you do not understand in the hope it can distract.

We see electrons and protons leaving the sun.
We see the moving with the same acceleration in the same direction.
Your model predicts that this would not happen.
Therefore the entire basis for EU is wrong, and there is no need to focus on minutiae.

That fact that you try to hide this simple fact under mountains of excrement does not change that fact.

Yeah, maybe.

But I’m still sticking to comets are charged rocks discharging in the solar plasma.

Simple.

After all our understanding is evolving

Couple papers on the horizon that WILL freshen the thread up a little.

Mainstream discovering the importance dominance of plasma.

Happy days for the EU.

Old 16th July 2019, 08:41 AM   #4347
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator

Yeah, maybe.

But I’m still sticking to comets are charged rocks discharging in the solar plasma.

Simple.

After all our understanding is evolving

Couple papers on the horizon that WILL freshen the thread up a little.

Mainstream discovering the importance dominance of plasma.

Happy days for the EU.
Hence your belief in magic again.

Enjoy hoping, but it's good that you at least acknowledge that nature does not fit the EU model.
The next step is admitting that a model that does not model nature is wrong, but maybe you will get there eventually.
Old 16th July 2019, 01:37 PM   #4348
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Sol88 insanity about the Sun, comets and science.

Last edited by Reality Check; 16th July 2019 at 01:43 PM.
Old 16th July 2019, 01:43 PM   #4349
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Sol88's usual insane lies about science ignoring his demented comet dogma.

Sol88's new insanity that the Sun and Jupiter are the same !

Gravitation waves are measured quantities - we have measured gravitation waves in several detectors many times !

The Sun is powered by fusion. Any ball of gas the mass and size of the Sun will have conditions at the core where fusion will happen. We have detected the neutrinos from that fusion. We have detected the neutrinos fro the p-p reaction hat is the basis of tat fusion.
Old 16th July 2019, 01:55 PM   #4350
Sol88
Philosopher

Hence your belief in magic again.

Enjoy hoping, but it's good that you at least acknowledge that nature does not fit the EU model.
The next step is admitting that a model that does not model nature is wrong, but maybe you will get there eventually.
Cheers, see how we go.

One of will end up with egg on their face.

Good luck... with your mathamagiks.

Old 16th July 2019, 02:26 PM   #4351
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Sol88's usual insanity of ignoring his demented comet dogma.
Sol88's usual insanity that real world, working science is "mathamagiks".

Last edited by Reality Check; 16th July 2019 at 02:29 PM.
Old 16th July 2019, 04:57 PM   #4352
jonesdave116
Illuminator

Yeah, maybe.

Happy days for the EU.
Happy with a 100% failure? Brilliant. No rock, no discharges, no solar plasma for long periods. Complete failure. Next.

Old 16th July 2019, 05:01 PM   #4353
jonesdave116
Illuminator

Cheers, see how we go.

One of will end up with egg on their face.

Already happened. Your model failed 100%. The egg is squarely on your face. Nothing can save it now. No EDM (lol), no discharges, no rock. Zilch. Go get cleaned up.

Old 16th July 2019, 05:04 PM   #4354
jonesdave116
Illuminator

Long as you believe it.
You think I'm the only person that believes it? Lol. Stop being dim. Nobody that matters disagrees with it. If you think otherwise, then link to their papers. I want to see the 'science'. Forget about unqualified clowns like Thornhill. Real scientists, with real qualifications. That don't believe Earth used to orbit Saturn.

Old 16th July 2019, 05:12 PM   #4355
jonesdave116
Illuminator

Oh, and there we go again - another innumerate EU mythologist, who is so ignorant of maths that it appears to be magic to him! Sad. Why do these clueless Velikovskians seem, almost without fail, to be clueless at maths? I guess it's a pre-requisite when your religion is built on physics defying impossibilities. Still, it does seem to be a common thread with these cultists.

Old 17th July 2019, 01:22 AM   #4356
Sol88
Philosopher

You think I'm the only person that believes it? Lol. Stop being dim. Nobody that matters disagrees with it. If you think otherwise, then link to their papers. I want to see the 'science'. Forget about unqualified clowns like Thornhill. Real scientists, with real qualifications. That don't believe Earth used to orbit Saturn.
On their way champ!

Old 17th July 2019, 03:05 AM   #4357
jonesdave116
Illuminator

On their way champ!
No they are not. Stop lying. Gravitational waves are an observed fact. As is solar fusion. Nobody is going to be writing papers challenging that.

Old 17th July 2019, 05:14 PM   #4358
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

On their way champ!

Sol88 promises even more insanity .

Sol88's new insanity about gravitational waves not being detected and stars not being powered by fusion. There will be no published scientific papers that state that textbook physics is so wrong that gravitational waves and stellar fusion do not exist.

There was a paper casting doubt on the first detection of gravitational waves by unexplained correlations in the “noise” picked up by LIGO’s twin detectors. That claim was found to be wrong (basically the researchers used a too simplistic statistical methodology). New Studies Rescue Gravitational-Wave Signal From the Noise

Last edited by Reality Check; 17th July 2019 at 05:16 PM.
Old 29th July 2019, 01:45 PM   #4359
Sol88
Philosopher

So, you don't know?
You don't know why the universe behaves in a way opposite of what your model predicts and yet you have the arrogance to claim that THAT model should be used instead of the model that does not require nature to behave opposite to the observed way?

As for your second question, why should I explain something that is only a problem in the EU 'model'?
Why don't YOU explain how we can observe positive protons and negative electrons moving in the same direction without interacting, when according to the EU model this is impossible?

Because until you manage that, the rest of your comments are completely baseless.
In effect you are arguing whether griffin feather or dragon sinew wands give the best magic, while at the same time admitting you cannot prove magic exists.

Wonder if mainstream can explain it???

Researchers recreate the sun's solar wind and plasma 'burps' on Earth

Quote:
A new study by University of Wisconsin-Madison physicists mimicked solar winds in the lab, confirming how they develop and providing an Earth-bound model for the future study of solar physics.
Wonder if they got the electrons and ions all moving in the same direction?

Otherwise another SAFIRE experiment.

Oh poor mainstream... did they use thermonuclear reactions I wonder??? Nope good ‘ol ELECTRICITY. where is the power point on the Sun?

Old 29th July 2019, 01:58 PM   #4360
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

]The usual insane lies, delusions, insults, etc. already addressed over the last 10 years.

Sol88 promises even more insanity . and of course delivers deluded insanity !

This is a thread about Sol88's demented electric comet and Sun, not mainstream science. Sol88's demented electric comet and Sun are a collection of insane fantasies that for example destroy the Sun ! They explain nothing about comets or the Sun. They are an example of how some people can become so insane that they will believe anything rather than rational science.

Sol88's usual insane lies - the research he linked to is part of the mainstream explaining solar activity !

Researchers recreate the sun's solar wind and plasma 'burps' on Earth
Quote:
A new study by University of Wisconsin-Madison physicists mimicked solar winds in the lab, confirming how they develop and providing an Earth-bound model for the future study of solar physics.
Sol88's usual insane lies - the demented SAFIRE experiment about the Sun with a metal ball for the Sun has nothing to do with this real Sun or science. Over 5 years running now and the demented SAFIRE experiment has no published results about the Sun. Compare this to real science:
A laboratory model for the Parker spiral and magnetized stellar winds
Quote:
Many rotating stars have magnetic fields that interact with the winds they produce. The Sun is no exception. The interaction between the Sun’s magnetic field and the solar wind gives rise to the heliospheric magnetic field—a spiralling magnetic structure, known as the Parker spiral, which pervades the Solar System. This magnetic field is critical for governing plasma processes that source the solar wind. Here, we report the creation of a laboratory model of the Parker spiral system based on a rapidly rotating plasma magnetosphere and the measurement of its global structure and dynamic behaviour. This laboratory system exhibits regions where the plasma flows evolve in a similar manner to many magnetized stellar winds. We observe the advection of the magnetic field into an Archimedean spiral and the ejection of quasi-periodic plasma blobs into the stellar outflow, which mimics the observed plasmoids that fuel the slow solar wind. This process involves magnetic reconnection and can be modelled numerically by the inclusion of two-fluid effects in the simulation. The Parker spiral system mimicked in the laboratory can be used for studying solar wind dynamics in a complementary fashion to conventional space missions such as NASA’s Parker Solar Probe mission.

Last edited by Reality Check; 29th July 2019 at 02:06 PM.
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology