ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 13th October 2019, 11:11 PM   #41
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Sorry, but Steve Miller has made it clear that Trump is not to be questioned.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2019, 01:51 AM   #42
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing

A US senator gives better words to part of what I was calling Trump's "alternative deepstate":

https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/st...52545334644736
Quote:
Chris Murphy
@ChrisMurphyCT
The walls are closing in.

The details we are learning about the shadow foreign policy operation Trump has been running to benefit himself personally are stunning.

Why have a democracy, if we allow this to happen without consequence?
Old 15th October 2019, 06:14 AM   #43
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing

The Week agrees with me! LOL
https://theweek.com/articles/867545/...ump-derp-state
Quote:
His refusal to countenance a fair fight with Biden led the president to reportedly assemble a goon squad full of the stupidest spies in human history to blackmail the president of Ukraine. And it may be his undoing.

In Trumpworld, the ends of self-preservation justify any and all means, even ones which are obviously illegal. And so the president, in cahoots with his febrile lawyer, an obviously-in-cognitive-decline Rudy Giuliani, decided to take Biden down the way gangsters enlist new members in their protection rackets. They would put the squeeze on the incoming Ukrainian government: investigate the Bidens or your aid goes poof. The new president in Kiev, after all, is a fellow entertainer with no government experience. To carry out this scheme, they had to bypass the hated foreign policy apparatus, including the State Department and the National Security Council — what right-wing fever swampers now derisively call "the deep state." You might think of the parallel system they created for their amateurish gooning as the Derp State, and it all went about as well as you would expect from this crew.
Old 15th October 2019, 08:56 AM   #44
rockysmith76
Thinker

Originally Posted by kellyb View Post
A US senator gives better words to part of what I was calling Trump's "alternative deepstate":

https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/st...52545334644736
that guy is a useless tool, and liberal
rockysmith76 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2019, 09:03 AM   #45
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by rockysmith76 View Post
that guy is a useless tool, and liberal
Well, a "liberal", anyway. ; )
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2019, 06:15 PM   #46
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

I am going to cheerfully use the term "the derp state" from now on in reference to trump and the goon squad. Thanks!
Old 15th October 2019, 07:43 PM   #47
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

"a goon squad full of the stupidest spies in human history"

And here they are....

Top left: Under criminal investigation for campaign finance violation and fraud

Top centre: Under indictment for a massive bribery scheme and under house arrest in Vienna awaiting extradition to the US

Top right: In federal prison on numerous pecuniary and tax fraud charges

Bottom left: Indicted, among other things, for a massive money laundering scheme

Bottom right: Indicted, among other things, for a massive money laundering scheme

What a fine, upstanding and handsome bunch of crooks!

Last edited by smartcooky; 15th October 2019 at 07:50 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2019, 08:22 PM   #48
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
I am going to cheerfully use the term "the derp state" from now on in reference to trump and the goon squad. Thanks!
Yes it's a great description. Trump the first of the derp state!
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 01:41 AM   #49
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
"a goon squad full of the stupidest spies in human history"

And here they are....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0s6un9wwc...quad.png?raw=1

Top left: Under criminal investigation for campaign finance violation and fraud

Top centre: Under indictment for a massive bribery scheme and under house arrest in Vienna awaiting extradition to the US

Top right: In federal prison on numerous pecuniary and tax fraud charges

Bottom left: Indicted, among other things, for a massive money laundering scheme

Bottom right: Indicted, among other things, for a massive money laundering scheme

What a fine, upstanding and handsome bunch of crooks!
Awesome!

There are others, "double agents" with the official government, but they haven't been charged yet.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories