ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Congressional hearings , donald trump , impeachment , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old Today, 05:20 PM   #761
slyjoe
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
I mean, when you look at the clown show going on in Congress generally I find it hard to disagree with him about the putrid state of any politics these days. Just my general commentary...
Aah, the "both sides are corrupt" defense. Demonstrably incorrect.

Quote:
I for one think the impeachment gig is a political show for the election season. Given that they seem hesitant to take the vote on moving it forward
The investigation IS moving forward. The inquiry is gathering evidence to form articles of impeachment, which will be voted on. Or have you not been paying attention?
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:37 PM   #762
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
I for one think the impeachment gig is a political show for the election season. Given that they seem hesitant to take the vote on moving it forward
Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
The investigation IS moving forward. The inquiry is gathering evidence to form articles of impeachment, which will be voted on. Or have you not been paying attention?
It should be noted that during the impeachment hearings on Nixon, the House investigated and held private hearings for almost 6 months before the full House voted to open an impeachment inquiry. So it's not like the House is breaking new ground in how they are proceeding.

In theory, they could decide after the unofficial inquiry that they might not issue articles of impeachment. I doubt it since a great amount of impeachment worthy behaviour has been corroborated so far.
Education, not epiphanies
Intellect, not ignorance.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics