ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ghost sightings , ghosts , indonesia elections , Indonesia incidents

Old 27th June 2018, 03:44 PM   #1
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Indonesian Elections Disrupted By Ghosts

Indonesian elections a major logistical effort with ghosts, gunmen and 17,000 islands

Quote:
Security officers guarding polling materials in Central Java ahead of Indonesia's local elections are scared. But it is not the threat of election violence they are worried about.

"They told me that last night at about 3:00am they saw a woman wearing a white prayer outfit, but when they came closer she disappeared," Pak Siswadi told the ABC.

"On other occasions there were different voices coming from the toilet and from inside the ballot boxes."
Old 28th June 2018, 08:43 AM   #2
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
That sort of thing happens when you have too many dead people voting.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2018, 04:57 PM   #3
Axxman300
Illuminator

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
That sort of thing happens when you have too many dead people voting.
Ah...I love Chicago
Old 29th June 2018, 04:13 AM   #4
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

Quote:
"On other occasions there were different voices coming from the toilet"
So, Indigestion doesn't exist in Indonesia.

JC Denton

tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2018, 06:58 AM   #5
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

I'd as soon vote for a ghost as some of the other ballot options I've seen lately.
Old 30th June 2018, 07:10 AM   #6
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

It can be quite an eye opener when you see how superstitious beliefs are embedded in other cultures. From my time in a couple of African countries I learned that the most apparently rational and educated people will have a strong belief in local superstitions. And from visiting other countries in North America I learnt that it is the same over there.
So this example doesn’t surprise me at all.
Old 30th June 2018, 07:28 AM   #7
autumn1971
Master Poster

Doesn't Iceland alter infrastructure plans because a road might hurt an imaginary being's feelings?
Also not surprised.
'A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggardly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson, glass-gazing, superservicable, finical rogue;... the son and heir of a mongral bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition."'
-The Bard
autumn1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2018, 11:36 PM   #8
Planigale
Master Poster

Originally Posted by autumn1971 View Post
Doesn't Iceland alter infrastructure plans because a road might hurt an imaginary being's feelings?
Also not surprised.
No not imaginary beings; fairies. If you lived in rural Iceland you would not want to upset them either. (Ask Pascal if you fail to understand this.)
Planigale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2018, 03:41 PM   #9
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Originally Posted by Planigale View Post
No not imaginary beings; fairies. If you lived in rural Iceland you would not want to upset them either. (Ask Pascal if you fail to understand this.)
psst... fairies are imaginary.
Old 5th July 2018, 07:32 AM   #10
wasapi
Illuminator

Wait . . . "voices from the toilet"?
Old 5th July 2018, 09:58 AM   #11
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stellafane View Post
I'd as soon vote for a ghost as some of the other ballot options I've seen lately.
I'm pretty sure that we would be better off with a ghost, fairy, unicorn, dragon, or any other non-existent entity as POTUS than we are Trump.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2018, 07:27 PM   #12
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

A dragon POTUS would be awesome.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal