ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , cryptozoology , mufon , ufos

Old 23rd October 2009, 11:24 AM   #1
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Bigfoot, Skinwalkers, and Bigelow Aerospace

There is this conglomerate of wacky woo centered at a place called Skinwalker Ranch in Utah. The place is supposed to be sorta haunted with UFO visitors, interdimensional things, Bigfoot and/or Werewolf, orbs, and other paranormal whatnot. There seems to be a following amongst the Bigfooters and they do discuss it over here on the Bigfoot Forums (BFF). You hear from people who have been there and it includes some Native Americans. They see all sorts of incredible things. Well, they claim they do.

Anyway, this company called Bigelow Aerospace bought the Skinwalker Ranch and is doing research there that is related to UFOs and other weirdness. This company builds spacecrafts that can be rented by civilians (I think)...

Quote:
Bigelow Aerospace is dedicated to developing next-generation crewed space complexes to revolutionize space commerce and open up the final frontier to all of humanity. At Bigelow Aerospace, we're building the future today!

Skinwalker Ranch.org

Quote:
Skinwalker Ranch is a ranch located in the Uintah Basin of Utah; it is the site of a series of paranormal activities. The ranch is supposed to cover 480 acres relatively near to the Utah cities of Roosevelt and Vernal. Its name comes from the "Skinwalker", a supernatural being in Ute folklore. The paranormal activity at Skinwalker Ranch has been intermittent, but according to sources, the alleged activity encountered is unusual or unidentified aircraft, balls of light, poltergeist activity, cattle mutilation, and strange creatures. have been reported.

Originally Posted by skinwalkerranch on BFF
Robert Bigelow of Bigelow Aerospace is the current owner of the ranch. The research there is co-funded by several grey/black operations. My current understanding is that YES there is a current iniative to conduct ALOT more research in the area and that a new team (more members) are being deployed. Although NIDS is dissolved the parent group Bigelow Aero is still very very active on the property. The rumor is that the activity is currently extremely active and the end of the month should be phenomonal. I wish i could be there.

MUFON to receive major funding from billionaire backer (Robert Bigelow)

Quote:
Billionaire real estate investor and entrepreneur Robert Bigelow of Las Vegas is now betting his bucks on MUFON to find valuable new knowledge about alien propulsion systems.

Bigelow, who has long been known to give millions of dollars to fund serious UFO research, has just concluded a deal with MUFON whereby he will supply this organization with whatever it needs to be able to go out and bring back the hard evidence, not only to document the reality of UFOs interacting with us, but most importantly to gather the kind of information that will truly advance scientific understanding of this phenomenon.
So we have a woo billionaire who is researching alien propulsion systems (UFO) at a ranch he bought which is known for paranormal activity? It's like a real life adventure novel. Tally ho!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg logo_bg23.jpg (98.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: png logo2.png (18.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:55 AM   #2
madurobob
Philosopher

Oh ****.

My mother grew up in Utah, on her father's ranch near Roosevelt and Vernal (adjacent to the Ute Indian Reservation where he ran the trading post). The ranch was sold years ago, but I still hold the mineral rights (and receive several $K/year from oil leases that have never been acted on).

I'm planning a trip out there next summer to check out the old homestead. Now I have another reason to be excited about it!

(ETA - and if the oil ever hits and I become a billionaire, I'm buying one of Bigelow's alien-powered craft to buzz Vegas with)

Last edited by madurobob; 23rd October 2009 at 11:57 AM.
madurobob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:33 PM   #3
bryan
Scholar

Bigelow has not only started working with MUFON, but they have hired field teams to respond to "U.F.O. incidents" with Bigelow funded air travel, vehicles, and "response equipment" to document reported U.F.O. sightings, and collect "Evidence".
Many of the U.F.O. nuts that have been involved in MUFON are now bragging about how they are professional U.F.O. Investigators.
Bigelow has also been a supporter of the Denver E.T. Commission and all of it's supporters.
When you look at the people involved it is a mix of related groups working as different companies (Bigelow, MUFON,The Disclosure Project, The Orion Project, CsETI, U.F.O. ThinkTank, and many more)
It all comes down to believers trying to prove something without any evidence.
Steven Hawiking said it best "I am discounting reports or U.F.O.'s. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos? If there is a government conspiracy to suppress the reports and keep for itself the scientific knowledge the aliens bring, it seems to have been a singularly ineffective policy so far".
bryan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:40 PM   #4
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Bigelow is also connected with the guy that Geller fooled:

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vi...onremota_5.htm

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2009, 10:21 AM   #5
Tiktaalik
Half True Scotsperson

I live near there, but I don't think they're letting anyone visit it right now. Otherwise, skeptic trip would occur...
Tiktaalik is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2009, 11:55 AM   #6
vwgub
Muse

small point

Skinwalker is not from Ute folklore it is from Navajo folklore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin-walker
vwgub is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2009, 05:36 PM   #7
hamelekim
Graduate Poster

This is from years ago. I have the book written by George Knapp and some other guy. By the time George got out there the paranormal events has pretty much died out.

It would be a waste for a skeptic to go now as they would see nothing, and the believers would expect nothing as well.

NIDS is dead and they pretty much don't do anything on the ranch anymore. They have a caretaker and that's about it.
hamelekim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2009, 06:24 PM   #8
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by vwgub View Post
Skinwalker is not from Ute folklore it is from Navajo folklore.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin-walker
Actually, based on your own link, not entirely. There's mention of it in Hopi and Lakota 'folklore' also. I say 'mention' because very little of the article has direct citations.

As for this particular topic, it's kinda funny all the 'activity' ceased when George Knapp showed up. I'm quite familiar with him as a respected 'newsman' in Las Vegas and I'm sure that although he might have a tendency to be a bit of a creduloid regarding certain super-para-un-natural phenomena, I do believe he's more a 'truth seeker' than anything else. I know he's convinced 'something' was going on there, he's just not sure what.

Not sure how coincidental it is that Bigelow also hails from Las Vegas, not that it matters really. He's surely financially capable of getting to the bottom the story, if that's his real goal. It seems he does have a bent for the paranormal, but I've never used that as a true gauge of intelligence or capability and he appears to have a willingness to learn. Despite even my own sometimes opinions to the contrary, anyone that makes a billion dollars (throught their own 'hard work') is not and cannot be considered stupid.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2009, 09:41 AM   #9
neltana
Critical Thinker

So, at first I thought the skinwalker ranch link was for the ranch itself...and I thought it was odd that they would say "The ranch is supposed to cover 480 acres relatively near to the Utah cities of Roosevelt and Vernal." Wouldn't they know how many acres they had?

Then I realized that this was a website about the ranch. It appears to be run by the Hyper-Anamolous Expedition Research Organization. They run expeditions to watch paranormal activity around this hotbed of paramornal activity.

Quote:
We investigate and research verified reports and sightings of anamolous activity while protecting those involved. In addition we offer expeditions (by invitation) for others to experience this firsthand including lodging, use of gear, transportation, and a quality experience which can only come from being in the thick of the anamolous daily. Finally a research group situated in Utah's famous Uintah Basin. A hotbed for UFO's, many types of craft, crypto-odditites and high strangeness have been reported in this area for years.

Not your average research organization. These are not average expeditions. These are intense and sometimes physically demanding expeditions which are dedicated to the hardcore researcher.

(snip)

Lodging for all of our guests researching the Uintah Basin is included courtesy of Strawberry River Bed and Breakfast

My, my...that does seem hardcore.

Like I have often said, Scooby-Doo got it wrong. Monsters and weird lights in the sky attract paying customers, they don't scare them away!
neltana is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2009, 12:16 AM   #10
makaya325
Banned

I will tell you this right now: Skinwalker ranch is very, very, very creepy
makaya325 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2009, 12:15 AM   #11
jakesteele
Fait Accompli

Originally Posted by madurobob View Post
Oh ****.

My mother grew up in Utah, on her father's ranch near Roosevelt and Vernal (adjacent to the Ute Indian Reservation where he ran the trading post). The ranch was sold years ago, but I still hold the mineral rights (and receive several $K/year from oil leases that have never been acted on).

I'm planning a trip out there next summer to check out the old homestead. Now I have another reason to be excited about it!

(ETA - and if the oil ever hits and I become a billionaire, I'm buying one of Bigelow's alien-powered craft to buzz Vegas with)
I'll agree with everything you ever say in these debates if you'll just please take me with. You can be Jed and I'll be Jethro.

There really was a man from Nantucket
jakesteele is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2009, 04:59 AM   #12
madurobob
Philosopher

Originally Posted by jakesteele View Post
I'll agree with everything you ever say in these debates if you'll just please take me with. You can be Jed and I'll be Jethro.
[jed]
Weeeeel doggy, jethro! This here flying machine is faster than ol Duke after a sip of Granny's rheumatiz medicine!
[/jed]

I wonder if the Skinwalker ranch turns out to be next door to my grandparent's old place, if I could wander on to it "accidentally" without being shot?
Old 27th October 2009, 06:04 AM   #13
makaya325
Banned

[jed]
Weeeeel doggy, jethro! This here flying machine is faster than ol Duke after a sip of Granny's rheumatiz medicine!
[/jed]

I wonder if the Skinwalker ranch turns out to be next door to my grandparent's old place, if I could wander on to it "accidentally" without being shot?
Which reminds me, ever heard of the "Bullet-proof wolf"? Sounds like a kick-arse word!
makaya325 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2009, 06:21 AM   #14
madurobob
Philosopher

Originally Posted by makaya325 View Post
Which reminds me, ever heard of the "Bullet-proof wolf"? Sounds like a kick-arse word!
yes, and I've hard of the "rancher who can't hit the broadside of a barn", too!

I used to read rense.com quite a bit, and when I first read about this "skinwalker" thing several years ago I asked my mother and uncle about it. They were born and raised on the Ute reservation, so I figured they'd at least know something about this great Ute myth.

Neither of them had heard of the word "skinwalker" and neither of them knew of any spooky legends about strange happenings at a nearby ranch. Both had the presence of mind to point out that they left Utah in the mid 50s before the reports of strange UFO activity apparently started - and that wasn't it a coincidence that these reports started about the same time Hollywood started pumping out UFO movies?
Old 27th October 2009, 06:49 AM   #15
makaya325
Banned

Regardless whether the story is real, It still makes up for a good campfire story! Just image shooting something like that and not seeing a drop of blood? Perhaps something like that can manipulate the law's of physics!

Speculation...so much fun
Old 27th October 2009, 07:55 AM   #16
madurobob
Philosopher

Sure, but I gotta tell ya, if I was sitting around a fire with my buds telling them a similar story they would laugh at me. The first thing out of anyone's mouth, after the laughter died down, would be "you missed".

In fact, over in the hunting story thread I tell a story about the bulletproof deer...
Old 27th October 2009, 09:03 AM   #17
makaya325
Banned

Sure, but I gotta tell ya, if I was sitting around a fire with my buds telling them a similar story they would laugh at me. The first thing out of anyone's mouth, after the laughter died down, would be "you missed".

In fact, over in the hunting story thread I tell a story about the bulletproof deer...
Just remember: Bulletproof animals only appear in fuzzy conditions, and can transform! Take that skeptics!
Old 28th October 2009, 07:26 AM   #18
skinwalker
New Blood

hi guys i'm glad i had the chance to join this forum. I operate the aforementioned skinwalkerranch dot org website, and oddly I am a skeptic at heart regarding the paranormal in general. The ranch has changed my views due to the amount of personal events i and others have witnessed and the outside influences on the ranch. I can try my best to answer any questions and do appreciate hopefully a open minded forum.
skinwalker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 07:34 AM   #19
Nonpareil
The Terrible Trivium

Originally Posted by skinwalker View Post
hi guys i'm glad i had the chance to join this forum. I operate the aforementioned skinwalkerranch dot org website, and oddly I am a skeptic at heart regarding the paranormal in general. The ranch has changed my views due to the amount of personal events i and others have witnessed and the outside influences on the ranch. I can try my best to answer any questions and do appreciate hopefully a open minded forum.
Welcome! Glad to have you with us!

So what kinds of things have you personally seen there? It would be interesting to have a firsthand account.
Old 28th October 2009, 07:49 AM   #20
skinwalker
New Blood

I realize i'm on a skeptical forum and i just dont want to be met with jeers and mocking. I can tell you what i've seen and i'm open minded enough to consider other plausible answers for them from a rational point of view.

I have seen....

1. The most significant must be the flashing strobing balls of light, witnessed about 12 of these above the ranchhouse, they grew in intensity and knocked out power to the house. Through the night vision i could NOT determine the shape or structure of the balls of light when they would "power down"... Two of these lights they flew 1/3 of a mile to our position flashed over our heads at a distance of about 20 feet, completely silent. They then landed on the ground and put off a brilliant flash. We duck and hid, finally got courage to peek above the rock we were hiding behind to see what horror was awaiting us, only to find a thick black swirling smoke like cloud which became a wolf. The wolf stood no more than 10 feet (if not closer) from us. For the next 3 minutes the wolf did noting other than stare at us intently, no growling or aggressive nature was observed. It then walked behind a rock and dissapeared (likely just walked away into the darkness). In the same position were the wolf was now a porcupine approached us and did the exact same gesture. It stood up on its too feet and stared at us for a good 5 minutes and took the same exit path as the wolf and walked away. Security personal then decended on our position and forced us to immediatly evacuate the area.

I have also heard what sounded like a large vehicle above my head with a single large blade swishing in a rotating fashion, but could see absolutely NOTHING above me. I also heard voices speaking in a Native American LIKE dialect above my head during this episode near the ranch. My brother positioned 2 miles away also heard the rotating blade above his head moments later after it passed me but he too could not see the source.

My friends have had violent episodes of being ill after spending time near the ranch or after a close encounter sighting. I'm skeptical but they describe it like some sort of posioning or ill effects from being close to some of these ...whatever they are out there.

There are countless stories on my website. I try to avoid the stories in the book and prefer first hand encounters. I've had many other experiences out there, such as the entire nighttime field became like daylight for about 20 seconds as if a large screen had opened in the sky.

We have taken countless skeptics to the area only to have them beg to take them out of there and they had no idea it was actually real. I still have only theories and guesses what the hell is going on in that region but no clear idea yet...
skinwalker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 07:54 AM   #21
skinwalker
New Blood

I've also seen a small 10 foot in diameter? plasma orange glowing football shaped object floating above the ridges. What was interesting about that encounter was that i was staying awake all night trying to get a photograph of something to take back home. I got an odd feeling or inclination (i'm afraid to say voice...) to put the camera away and it will make an appearance. Just to entertain what i considered myself going mad, i did so. About 5-10 minutes later is when i saw the football shaped object appear and hover about the ridgeline. It looked to be made of a plasma like material with red tendrils of flames illuminating its borders. As i made a dive for my camera to take a shot it began to move away.
Old 28th October 2009, 08:02 AM   #22
Nonpareil
The Terrible Trivium

I realize i'm on a skeptical forum and i just dont want to be met with jeers and mocking.
No jeers, I promise. Mocking, I do to everyone - including myself - and it's unfair to give you special treatment there.
But seriously, don't worry about being made fun of as long as you don't try and convince us that this is truly paranormal without having a good case.

Quote:
I can tell you what i've seen and i'm open minded enough to consider other plausible answers for them from a rational point of view.
That's good. Much better than the attitude some others bring to the site. Rramjet positively SPRINGS to mind.

Quote:
I have seen....

1. The most significant must be the flashing strobing balls of light, witnessed about 12 of these above the ranchhouse, they grew in intensity and knocked out power to the house. Through the night vision i could NOT determine the shape or structure of the balls of light when they would "power down"... Two of these lights they flew 1/3 of a mile to our position flashed over our heads at a distance of about 20 feet, completely silent. They then landed on the ground and put off a brilliant flash. We duck and hid, finally got courage to peek above the rock we were hiding behind to see what horror was awaiting us, only to find a thick black swirling smoke like cloud which became a wolf. The wolf stood no more than 10 feet (if not closer) from us. For the next 3 minutes the wolf did noting other than stare at us intently, no growling or aggressive nature was observed. It then walked behind a rock and dissapeared (likely just walked away into the darkness). In the same position were the wolf was now a porcupine approached us and did the exact same gesture. It stood up on its too feet and stared at us for a good 5 minutes and took the same exit path as the wolf and walked away. Security personal then decended on our position and forced us to immediatly evacuate the area.
Well, this seems to be your standard paranormal activity story; lights, power outages, weird animal behavior, mysterious smoke and disappearances... the only thing I don't get is the security personnel. Where did they come from?

Quote:
I have also heard what sounded like a large vehicle above my head with a single large blade swishing in a rotating fashion, but could see absolutely NOTHING above me. I also heard voices speaking in a Native American LIKE dialect above my head during this episode near the ranch. My brother positioned 2 miles away also heard the rotating blade above his head moments later after it passed me but he too could not see the source.

My friends have had violent episodes of being ill after spending time near the ranch or after a close encounter sighting. I'm skeptical but they describe it like some sort of posioning or ill effects from being close to some of these ...whatever they are out there.
None of these really supply enough facts to go on, though they are interesting.

Quote:
There are countless stories on my website. I try to avoid the stories in the book and prefer first hand encounters. I've had many other experiences out there, such as the entire nighttime field became like daylight for about 20 seconds as if a large screen had opened in the sky.

We have taken countless skeptics to the area only to have them beg to take them out of there and they had no idea it was actually real. I still have only theories and guesses what the hell is going on in that region but no clear idea yet...
...and probably won't for a while. Maybe some day I'll go out there myself. Whether it's real or not, I'd like to see it for myself.

I've also seen a small 10 foot in diameter? plasma orange glowing football shaped object floating above the ridges. What was interesting about that encounter was that i was staying awake all night trying to get a photograph of something to take back home. I got an odd feeling or inclination (i'm afraid to say voice...) to put the camera away and it will make an appearance. Just to entertain what i considered myself going mad, i did so. About 5-10 minutes later is when i saw the football shaped object appear and hover about the ridgeline. It looked to be made of a plasma like material with red tendrils of flames illuminating its borders. As i made a dive for my camera to take a shot it began to move away.
Again, not really enough information to go on, except maybe to suggest that you look at some research on ball lightning. Check out the pictures and see if they look right.
Old 28th October 2009, 08:10 AM   #23
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by Pure_Argent View Post
... the only thing I don't get is the security personnel. Where did they come from?

Active military personel on property? Why?

Quote:
According to several sources there are at least two active duty military security personnel on the property whom are supervised by a ex navy seal (non/active) working with a attack K9. The seal is likely working under contractor status now (speculation) however he has professed to others that he has "orders to shoot to kill". Odd for a property managed by lowly NIDS scientists, and now supposedly in "inactive" status.
Old 28th October 2009, 08:12 AM   #24
Nonpareil
The Terrible Trivium

Ah, thanks much William.
Old 28th October 2009, 08:29 AM   #25
skinwalker
New Blood

"the only thing I don't get is the security personnel. Where did they come from? "

they came from the ranchhouse (or the observation trailer next to it) after what i can only assume was them witnessing the three strobing lights land on the ground near our position. They then begain to scale teh 80 foot ridge line to our postion, we noticed them and ran like hell.

"suggest that you look at some research on ball lightning"
again i will definatly consider all plausible explinations. My problem with ball lightening is that whatever the lights were, there was up to 12 or more of them at one time HOVERING above and below the ranchhouse. They also would strobe on and off as if powering up and down. There was not a consistant glow to them like i assume ball lightening would have. The weather that night was clear with no clouds or storms. I dont dismiss the possability however but it doesnt seem to perfectly adhere to that explination in my opinon with the limited knowledge i have on the subject of BL.

"Whether it's real or not, I'd like to see it for myself."
i would really like to take others to the area. There are safe places to go, but i'm no longer interested in tresspassing immediatly on the property itself... just not safe from a legal perspective. And YES you will experience things at these nearby locations! The events are NOT anchored to the ranchhouse itself.

Last edited by skinwalker; 28th October 2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 28th October 2009, 08:31 AM   #26
skinwalker
New Blood

"Active military personel on property? Why? "

because the military and Bigelow Aerospace have a vested interest in the property and the events that occur there. My understanding is that they do not want outsiders to take picture and especially not publish pictures of the ranch itself or of the events that transpire there.

They would prefer an off the radar perspective as the interest level from outside parties in the goverment has grown in the ranch. Also my new understanding is that the patrolling parties are EXmilitary security forces NOT active, however activity military high ranking officials have visited the property at least twice this year.
Old 28th October 2009, 08:52 AM   #27
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

i would really like to take others to the area. There are safe places to go, but i'm no longer interested in tresspassing immediatly on the property itself... just not safe from a legal perspective. And YES you will experience things at these nearby locations! The events are NOT anchored to the ranchhouse itself.

Do you make profit when people visit? Is this a business for you?
Old 28th October 2009, 09:15 AM   #28
skinwalker
New Blood

no a associate of mine does secret tours of the property. Perhaps i should remove that link all together as i take ZERO profit from my interest in the ranch. Actually this has now cost me well over 10,000 in gear and travel expensese over the years. I seek zero financial compensation and hero paranormal is just another resource for info on the ranch but no direct relation to me or my site other than the link.

From what i realize may be a paranoid perspective i like to distance myself from being contacted by any military or police interest in overseeing security for the ranch. I understand there already is a "file" on me and I'd like to keep as much distance between myself and trouble as possible.... so i link to him. Perhaps the link is just stirring up bigger problems for me :P
Old 28th October 2009, 09:41 AM   #29
madurobob
Philosopher

Hey skinwalker - click the "quote" button at the bottom of the post you wish to quote - that builds quote tags around what you're quoting and makes it easier for others to follow along. You'll asl ose exaclty how the quote tags work and you can manipulate them i necessary.

I mentioned earlier I own the mineral rights to a 5K acre ranch in this exact vicinity. I don't own the land, but the mineral rights contract gives me authorization to inspect the ranch at any time with notice. I'm seriously considering an expedition out that way to tack onto my next voyage to Vegas. I'll invite any folks on this forum who might be interested.

My grandfather built the ranch and lived there most of his life; my mother and uncle grew up there. In all the long hours I spent as a child listening to stories of growing up on the Ute reservation I never heard one with any similar paranormal tilt to it. I'll see my mother tonight and ask her if she remembers anything similar.

Part of me is hoping my grandfather's ranch where I own the mineral rights IS the Skinwalker ranch... how cool would that be? I'll be checking the documents at the bank next week to find out.

Do you have a road address or GPS coordinates to the Skinwalker ranch you can share, so I can determine how far away my grandfather's ranch is?
Old 28th October 2009, 09:46 AM   #30
RayG
Master Poster

because the military and Bigelow Aerospace have a vested interest in the property and the events that occur there.
And you know this because...?

RayG
RayG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 09:59 AM   #31
skinwalker
New Blood

Hey skinwalker - click the "quote" button at the bottom of the post you wish to quote - that builds quote tags around what you're quoting and makes it easier for others to follow along. You'll asl ose exaclty how the quote tags work and you can manipulate them i necessary.

I mentioned earlier I own the mineral rights to a 5K acre ranch in this exact vicinity. I don't own the land, but the mineral rights contract gives me authorization to inspect the ranch at any time with notice. I'm seriously considering an expedition out that way to tack onto my next voyage to Vegas. I'll invite any folks on this forum who might be interested.

My grandfather built the ranch and lived there most of his life; my mother and uncle grew up there. In all the long hours I spent as a child listening to stories of growing up on the Ute reservation I never heard one with any similar paranormal tilt to it. I'll see my mother tonight and ask her if she remembers anything similar.

Part of me is hoping my grandfather's ranch where I own the mineral rights IS the Skinwalker ranch... how cool would that be? I'll be checking the documents at the bank next week to find out.

Do you have a road address or GPS coordinates to the Skinwalker ranch you can share, so I can determine how far away my grandfather's ranch is?

WOW My understanding was that you owned the mineral rights to a property NEAR the ranch. You actually own the mineral rights to the property ON THE RANCH ITSELF? That's unbelievable and i'm glad im always fishing around on various forums for new connections. IF this is true I would absolutely love to have legal access to the ranch if you were to visit. Mineral rights are huge in that area and that will grant you access to the property. If this is the case perhaps we should talk offline. I also encourage others to take up this opportunity. If your a skeptic but you've always wanted deep down to hope there might be something out there, this place i promise wont dissapoint!

also if you gave me gps coordinates i can definately run a trace. Even the Hickens property next to the ranch gives and unbelievable view into the ranch... but that land too now is being leased by Bigelow and now patrolled by his security forces. I have a map on my website that shows directions,plot maps, and coordinates of the ranch

Last edited by skinwalker; 28th October 2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 28th October 2009, 10:02 AM   #32
skinwalker
New Blood

Originally Posted by RayG View Post
And you know this because...?

RayG
here is the part where i get shot down, some of the things i know i cant reveal how i know them.... but it has nothing to do with being psyhic or having little green men telling me... I just honestly cant discuss some specific details of how i acquired certian knowledge in a open general forum.
Old 28th October 2009, 10:07 AM   #33
madurobob
Philosopher

WOW My understanding was that you owned the mineral rights to a property NEAR the ranch. You actually own the mineral rights to the property ON THE RANCH ITSELF? That's unbelievable and i'm glad im always fishing around on various forums for new connections. IF this is true I would absolutely love to have legal access to the ranch if you were to visit. Mineral rights are huge in that area and that will grant you access to the property. If this is the case perhaps we should talk offline. I also encourage others to take up this opportunity. If your a skeptic but you've always wanted deep down to hope there might be something out there, this place i promise wont dissapoint!
No, you misunderstand. I own rights to A ranch, but don't know where the Skinwalker ranch is specifically, so I cannot say how close I am to it. It is a slim possibility that I own the mineral rights to the Skinwalker ranch, but I doubt it.

also if you gave me gps coordinates i can definately run a trace. Even the Hickens property next to the ranch gives and unbelievable view into the ranch... but that land too now is being leased by Bigelow and now patrolled by his security forces. I have a map on my website that shows directions,plot maps, and coordinates of the ranch
Cool, I'll check out your web site and compare it to my maps to see how close the two are.

ETA: At first blush it looks like my grandfather's ranch is maybe 8 miles or so North of Skinwalker . Closer to Whiterocks than Roosevelt.

Last edited by madurobob; 28th October 2009 at 10:23 AM.
madurobob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 10:49 AM   #34
RayG
Master Poster

here is the part where i get shot down, some of the things i know i cant reveal how i know them.... but it has nothing to do with being psyhic or having little green men telling me... I just honestly cant discuss some specific details of how i acquired certian knowledge in a open general forum.
Unfortunately, this is the part where my BS detector redlines.

RayG
RayG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 11:12 AM   #35
skinwalker
New Blood

sorry i protect my sources, bs detect away makes no difference to me.
Old 28th October 2009, 11:22 AM   #36
RayG
Master Poster

I didn't ask you to reveal your sources.

RayG
Old 28th October 2009, 11:33 AM   #37
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

no a associate of mine does secret tours of the property. Perhaps i should remove that link all together as i take ZERO profit from my interest in the ranch. Actually this has now cost me well over 10,000 in gear and travel expensese over the years. I seek zero financial compensation and hero paranormal is just another resource for info on the ranch but no direct relation to me or my site other than the link.
Your "associate" is HERO Paranormal and he does make money from this?

Quote:
We have taken countless skeptics to the area only to have them beg to take them out of there and they had no idea it was actually real.
Must not have been any skeptics who use this forum. I don't think we have any threads here about "got scared the hell out of skinwalker ranch and hoo boy i'm not really a skeptic anymore".

I did find one older thread called "NIDS investigation of Skinwalker Ranch, Utah" in the Million Dollar Challenge section.
Old 28th October 2009, 11:38 AM   #38
Ravenwood
Muse

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Someone needs to tell that person that the picture of the K9 handler is USAF Security, not a Navy Seal...
I will choose a path that's clear-
I will choose Free Will.
-Rush, "Free Will"
Ravenwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 11:42 AM   #39
RayG
Master Poster

We have taken countless skeptics to the area only to have them beg to take them out of there...
Since there are too many to count, can you name a couple of them, or is that a big secret too?

RayG
Old 28th October 2009, 11:45 AM   #40
GT/CS
Illuminator

Originally Posted by RayG View Post
I didn't ask you to reveal your sources.

RayG
I'm starting to think his source is Mak#1.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal