ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , cryptozoology , mufon , ufos

Reply
Old 28th October 2009, 11:54 AM   #41
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 20,425
Originally Posted by Ravenwood View Post
Someone needs to tell that person that the picture of the K9 handler is USAF Security, not a Navy Seal...
That's what he gets for borrowing images from wikipedia...
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 11:58 AM   #42
skinwalker
New Blood
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Your "associate" is HERO Paranormal and he does make money from this?
.
he's trying to is my understanding. He lives 20 minutes from the ranch and is a fishing tour guide, so he thought he could merge his interest in the ranch with what he already knows. Plus he runs a bed and breakfast. Despite the link we are not directly connected and although i try to visit the ranch as much as my schedule allows I do not even live anywhere near Utah.
skinwalker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 12:03 PM   #43
skinwalker
New Blood
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23
"Someone needs to tell that person that the picture of the K9 handler is USAF Security, not a Navy Seal... "

it has come to light that the security is in fact drawn from the AF pool and not from Navy, dispite portions of the hunt for the skinwalker book pointing otherwise. The picture then is correct (and attire/fatigues was witnessed to be similiar to that stock photo)
skinwalker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 12:41 PM   #44
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 20,425
Originally Posted by skinwalker View Post
"Someone needs to tell that person that the picture of the K9 handler is USAF Security, not a Navy Seal... "

it has come to light that the security is in fact drawn from the AF pool and not from Navy, dispite portions of the hunt for the skinwalker book pointing otherwise. The picture then is correct (and attire/fatigues was witnessed to be similiar to that stock photo)
How did it come to light?
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 01:32 PM   #45
RayG
Master Poster
 
RayG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Somewhere in Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,660
Originally Posted by skinwalker View Post
it has come to light that the security is in fact drawn from the AF pool and not from Navy, dispite portions of the hunt for the skinwalker book pointing otherwise.
So what portions of the book are factual?

The first few reviews on Amazon.com wasn't very reassuring.

There are snippets like:

Quote:
"The book contains many anecdotes and theories as to the cause of the paranormal events, but we are not treated to one picture or even one simple report form from one of the scientists who witnessed any of the events... There is simply no science present."

"If you are a serious researcher looking for hard core proof or facts with outlined scientific backing, it probably will be a dissapointment."

"...I can't help feeling that the whole thing is a made up story. For a "scientific" book, there is very little evidence in the form of pictures, reports, or disclosure."

etc. etc. etc.
RayG
__________________
Tell ya what. I'll hold my tongue as long as you stick to facts.
--------------------
Scrutatio Et Quaestio
RayG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 01:37 PM   #46
Ravenwood
Muse
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 614
Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
How did it come to light?
The Cynic in me wants to think that it came to light the second it was pointed out that the pic was of a sky cop...BTW, does anyone know if the USAF gone to the new digital camo pattern like the Army & Marines, or are they still using the old pattern BDUs?
__________________
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear-
I will choose Free Will.
-Rush, "Free Will"
Ravenwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 01:45 PM   #47
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 20,833
Originally Posted by RayG View Post
There are snippets like:
Bigfoot may toss pigs, but Skinwalker stuffs bulls.


Quote:
In one extraordinary event, the authors report that four beloved Gorman bulls disappear from their pen, only to be discovered shortly after stuffed--but still alive--into a tiny, disused trailer on the grounds, a space which they couldn't possibly have gotten into in any natural manner. Since NIDS was already an active presence on the ranch, photographs of both the inside and outside of the trailer, of the four bulls, and especially of the animals trapped in the trailer would have greatly bolstered this event's credibility, and perhaps made investigation by other researchers possible.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 02:51 PM   #48
skinwalker
New Blood
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by Ravenwood View Post
BTW, does anyone know if the USAF gone to the new digital camo pattern like the Army & Marines, or are they still using the old pattern BDUs?
the security witnessed had on the digital fatigues... but they are not current enlisted military personel.

Last edited by skinwalker; 28th October 2009 at 02:57 PM.
skinwalker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 02:54 PM   #49
skinwalker
New Blood
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23
"even one simple report form from one of the scientists who witnessed any of the events... "

one of the book's authors was one of the lead scientists involved on the ranch. I consider the book to be his report of events he witnessed (although lacking as a scientific report...). Go to my website for plenty of photos of the ranch some under the photo section which have been released by NIDs in several reports. NIDs had nothing to do with the publishing of the book. NIDs did however make several public scientific papers on cattle mutiliations which had occured both on the ranch and in the surrounding area. They also made a report on triangular shaped crafts. In general however it is extremely frustrating why more information was never released and why investigators are banned from the ranch, along with the media.

Last edited by skinwalker; 28th October 2009 at 02:58 PM.
skinwalker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 03:09 PM   #50
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Originally Posted by skinwalker View Post
"Someone needs to tell that person that the picture of the K9 handler is USAF Security, not a Navy Seal... "

it has come to light that the security is in fact drawn from the AF pool and not from Navy, dispite portions of the hunt for the skinwalker book pointing otherwise. The picture then is correct (and attire/fatigues was witnessed to be similiar to that stock photo)
Again, how did this come to light?

And you say the picture is correct...

Originally Posted by skinwalker View Post
the security witnessed had on the digital fatigues... but they are not current enlisted military personel.
And now you say the picture is not correct.

Whaaa?
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 03:18 PM   #51
GT/CS
Illuminator
 
GT/CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 4,901
Originally Posted by skinwalker View Post
"even one simple report form from one of the scientists who witnessed any of the events... "

one of the book's authors was one of the lead scientists involved on the ranch. I consider the book to be his report of events he witnessed (although lacking as a scientific report...). Go to my website for plenty of photos of the ranch some under the photo section which have been released by NIDs in several reports. NIDs had nothing to do with the publishing of the book. NIDs did however make several public scientific papers on cattle mutiliations which had occured both on the ranch and in the surrounding area. They also made a report on triangular shaped crafts. In general however it is extremely frustrating why more information was never released and why investigators are banned from the ranch, along with the media.
What criteria are you using to classify one of the book's authors as a scientist?
__________________
Normal in a weird way.
GT/CS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 03:41 PM   #52
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Originally Posted by skinwalker View Post
"Someone needs to tell that person that the picture of the K9 handler is USAF Security, not a Navy Seal... "

it has come to light that the security is in fact drawn from the AF pool and not from Navy, dispite portions of the hunt for the skinwalker book pointing otherwise. The picture then is correct (and attire/fatigues was witnessed to be similiar to that stock photo)
Originally Posted by Ravenwood View Post
The Cynic in me wants to think that it came to light the second it was pointed out that the pic was of a sky cop...BTW, does anyone know if the USAF gone to the new digital camo pattern like the Army & Marines, or are they still using the old pattern BDUs?
Originally Posted by skinwalker View Post
the security witnessed had on the digital fatigues... but they are not current enlisted military personel.
Skinwalker, tell me, where in any of these photos of USAF Security Forces do you see digital camo?

USAF Security Forces - Military Photos
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 03:47 PM   #53
skinwalker
New Blood
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
What criteria are you using to classify one of the book's authors as a scientist?
the fact that he has his PHD...

Colm A. Kelleher

Colm Kelleher is a senior research scientist with a twenty-year career in cell and molecular biology. Following his PhD in biochemistry from the University of Dublin, Trinity College in 1983, Dr. Kelleher worked at Canada's flagship Ontario Cancer Institute, the Terry Fox Laboratory at the British Columbia Cancer Research Center in Vancouver and the National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine in Denver. More recently, Dr. Kelleher served as Research Director for Bigelow Aerospace in Las Vegas and as administrator for one of its subsidiaries, Space Sciences, Inc.
skinwalker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 03:51 PM   #54
skinwalker
New Blood
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Skinwalker, tell me, where in any of these photos of USAF Security Forces do you see digital camo?
listen i cant tell if people are being antogonistic now or just asking a question. I clearly stated on here that they are EX Military from the AirForce. The witnessed personal had on digital camo, a side arm strapped to leg, black beret, and a attack dog. I have no idea nor interest in what current military attire is as i'm not currently claiming they are currently enlisted.

Having a private company like Bigelow Aerospace creates less of a direct connection between the goverment and the ranch, having enlisted personel onsite would be a paperwork nightmare for projects of a darker nature.


This is starting to deterioate on a very small misunderstanding. There is no deception on my part i only came on here to add what i know of the topic.

Last edited by skinwalker; 28th October 2009 at 03:54 PM.
skinwalker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 03:58 PM   #55
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 20,833
Originally Posted by skinwalker View Post
More recently, Dr. Kelleher served as Research Director for Bigelow Aerospace in Las Vegas and as administrator for one of its subsidiaries, Space Sciences, Inc.

Why would you have a biochemist as Research Director for an aerospace company? Then he writes a book about spooky paranormal stuff at the ranch? Whaaaa?

Is Bigelow kooky?
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 04:10 PM   #56
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 20,833
Kelleher is a crackpot conspiracy theorist who just happens to also be a biochemist.

From Amazon...

Brain Trust: The Hidden Connection Between Mad Cow and Misdiagnosed Alzheimer's Disease (Hardcover)

Originally Posted by Reader Review
The two original themes in "Brain Trust" are:

* The various forms of transmissable spongiform encephalopthy (TSE) in the USA and Canada began with deliberate attempts to infect various species with kuru at the Pautuxent River veterinary facility in Maryland. Kelleher maps out what he claims is the cross-species jump and spread of TSE resulting from improperly-contained and quarantined experimental animals at that facility.

* The cattle mutilations in the western United States are the result of a covert monitoring program (started in the 1970s) trying to track the spread of TSE in wild and domesticated animal populations. He fails to offer any explanation of who might be doing the monitoring, or how they plan to use the information once they've gathered it. Silent helicopters lifting cattle off the ground off the ground for autopsy in the dark of night, then dropping their mutilated carcasses back to the earth. It's all very "X-Files", but I'm not sure what purpose it serves.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 04:29 PM   #57
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Originally Posted by skinwalker View Post
listen i cant tell if people are being antogonistic now or just asking a question. I clearly stated on here that they are EX Military from the AirForce. The witnessed personal had on digital camo, a side arm strapped to leg, black beret, and a attack dog. I have no idea nor interest in what current military attire is as i'm not currently claiming they are currently enlisted.

Having a private company like Bigelow Aerospace creates less of a direct connection between the goverment and the ranch, having enlisted personel onsite would be a paperwork nightmare for projects of a darker nature.


This is starting to deterioate on a very small misunderstanding. There is no deception on my part i only came on here to add what i know of the topic.
Sure thing, I'm just trying to establish that you are not making things up as you go along, which based on your responses regarding military personnel, is what it looks like. You can help put that idea down by explaining a few things. You said after it was pointed out to you that the picture you posted on your site here...

http://skinwalkerranch.org/forum/index.php?topic=4.0

...was not Navy but rather USAF Security that it came to light that the military personnel was from the USAF and that the photo you posted was correct because the uniform witnessed was similar as the one you posted. So how did it come to light and when? Someone then notes that the Army and marines have gone to a digital camo pattern and asks if USAF Security has done the same. You then change your story saying that security witnessed had on digital camo, thereby invalidating what you just previously said about the photo of USAF Security in regular camo being correct.

It looks very much like you're simply reacting to what is being posted and accommodating your story to fit.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 04:43 PM   #58
skinwalker
New Blood
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23
nice try but no, I simply found a picture of a military man with a dog and posted it on my forum a long time ago. Yes i now know the connection is AF and not Navy. I cannot reveal sources as mentioned earlier. Yes what was witnessed by "whomever" tresspassed on the property and observed the security force was men in what appeared to be either green or possibly blue digital camo with an attack dog.

I was guessing in the forum when i assumed it was navy based on rumors from a less reliable source and just posted the first photo i found online of a MP with a dog. I dont know what you want me to say? Sorry i have better things to do than makeup a story. also one of the videos on my site is of a close encounter with several of the ex MPs so please dont question or allude to me making this up as i go along...

Last edited by skinwalker; 28th October 2009 at 04:46 PM.
skinwalker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 04:48 PM   #59
RayG
Master Poster
 
RayG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Somewhere in Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,660


RayG
__________________
Tell ya what. I'll hold my tongue as long as you stick to facts.
--------------------
Scrutatio Et Quaestio
RayG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 04:50 PM   #60
Ravenwood
Muse
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 614
Originally Posted by skinwalker View Post
the security witnessed had on the digital fatigues... but they are not current enlisted military personel.
I'm curious as to how the witnesses would know the status of the observed security officer. I'm pretty sure they don't wear their LES anywhere on the uniform. Did they observe any rank or unit insignia among with possibly what kind of beret flasher? More importantly, how come no pictures of the actual SO & his canine? It's kind of odd that there are no real pictures of stuff that should be relatively easy to obtain.

edit to add: I'm also surprised at the lack of photos like this:
http://www.familieharmsen.nl/vakanti...y/MVC-288F.JPG
You would think that if they had armed security, they would at least post signs...
__________________
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear-
I will choose Free Will.
-Rush, "Free Will"

Last edited by Ravenwood; 28th October 2009 at 05:01 PM.
Ravenwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 04:51 PM   #61
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 20,833
Why would security for an aerospace company be wearing camo? You wear that when you want to hide. Wouldn't they want conspicuous security so that any potential trespassers would see them and go away?

Originally Posted by skinwalker
The seal is likely working under contractor status now (speculation) however he has professed to others that he has "orders to shoot to kill".
Wearing camo with shoot-to-kill orders from King Bigelow. WTF?
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 04:54 PM   #62
skinwalker
New Blood
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23
Edited by Darat:  Link to hotlinked image & Rule 12 breach removed.

Last edited by Darat; 5th November 2009 at 04:34 AM.
skinwalker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 04:58 PM   #63
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Originally Posted by skinwalker View Post
nice try but no, I simply found a picture of a military man with a dog and posted it on my forum a long time ago. Yes i now know the connection is AF and not Navy. I cannot reveal sources as mentioned earlier.
I didn't ask you to reveal your sources, I asked you to explain how and when it came to light that the ex-military personnel came from the USAF rather than the Navy. There is a difference and I don't care about names.

Quote:
Yes what was witnessed by "whomever" tresspassed on the property and observed the security force was men in what appeared to be either green or possibly blue digital camo with an attack dog.
But you previously said the witnesses description matched the USAF Security photo which was not digital camo. They're quite different, see?...

http://www.tridentmilitary.com/new-photos24/ch26b.jpg

http://www.tridentmilitary.com/new-photos22/ch18b.jpg

Quote:
I was guessing in the forum when i assumed it was navy based on rumors from a less reliable source and just posted the first photo i found online of a MP with a dog. I dont know what you want me to say? Sorry i have better things to do than makeup a story. also one of the videos on my site is of a close encounter with several of the ex MPs so please dont question or allude to me making this up as i go along...
Great, got a link?
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 04:59 PM   #64
skinwalker
New Blood
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by Ravenwood View Post
I'm curious as to how the witnesses would know the status of the observed security officer. I'm pretty sure they don't wear their LES anywhere on the uniform. Did they observe any rank or unit insignia among with possibly what kind of beret flasher? More importantly, how come no pictures of the actual SO & his canine? It's kind of odd that there are no real pictures of stuff that should be relatively easy to obtain.
if you had the time and opportunity to take a photo of one of them you would be busted at that point. Imagine yourself tresspassing 3 miles deep into the compound. If you can see them, they can see you!...and likely already have. Interest is in the events not the men, the men are a call to
Edited by Darat:  Rule 10 breach removed.
run like hell before the dog gets you. They have threated to shoot fleeing tresspassers as well with raised weapons... you try to take their photo i sure as hell wouldnt

Last edited by Darat; 5th November 2009 at 04:35 AM.
skinwalker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 05:03 PM   #65
skinwalker
New Blood
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23
"I didn't ask you to reveal your sources, I asked you to explain how and when it came to light that the ex-military personnel came from the USAF rather than the Navy. There is a difference and I don't care about names. "

I CANT TELL YOU THAT AS IT WOULD REVEAL certain things which i cannot discuss period. NEXT TOPIC

http://www.tridentmilitary.com/new-photos24/ch26b.jpg

that link is the most similar to what was seen.

"Great, got a link? "

please visit the website its the second video on my front page
skinwalker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 05:06 PM   #66
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Originally Posted by skinwalker View Post
if you had the time and opportunity to take a photo of one of them you would be busted at that point. Imagine yourself tresspassing 3 miles deep into the compound. If you can see them, they can see you!...and likely already have. Interest is in the events not the men, the men are a call to fckn run like hell before the dog gets you. They have threated to shoot fleeing tresspassers as well with raised weapons... you try to take their photo i sure as hell wouldnt


That's no good.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 05:12 PM   #67
Ravenwood
Muse
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 614
Originally Posted by skinwalker View Post
if you had the time and opportunity to take a photo of one of them you would be busted at that point. Imagine yourself tresspassing 3 miles deep into the compound. If you can see them, they can see you!...and likely already have. Interest is in the events not the men, the men are a call to fckn run like hell before the dog gets you. They have threated to shoot fleeing tresspassers as well with raised weapons... you try to take their photo i sure as hell wouldnt
I have optics that would let me read the SO's rank at 1000m. That 9mm sidearm he is carrying is no threat at that range. How close are you allowing these guys to get to? I sure would like to see the K9 handler who would let his pooch loose at a 1000m sighting. Heck, if the engagement range is as great as you are saying, why are they not carrying rifles & glass?

Edit to add: It's also amazing how many violations of Utah State rules governing armed security (R156-63a) that the supposed security are carrying out
__________________
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear-
I will choose Free Will.
-Rush, "Free Will"

Last edited by Ravenwood; 28th October 2009 at 05:28 PM.
Ravenwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 05:24 PM   #68
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Originally Posted by skinwalker View Post
"I didn't ask you to reveal your sources, I asked you to explain how and when it came to light that the ex-military personnel came from the USAF rather than the Navy. There is a difference and I don't care about names. "

I CANT TELL YOU THAT AS IT WOULD REVEAL certain things which i cannot discuss period. NEXT TOPIC
Interesting, because that is exactly what would be required to show that you're not pulling things out of the air. Let's see...

1) You posted on your site the first image of an MP with a dog you could find.

2) The photo was correct because it matched what the witness described.

3) What a fluke! It came to light that the military personnel were in fact from the USAF and your picture was right!

4) Oh wait, the camo was digital and blue, according to the witness.

That ain't right.

Tell you what, since you can't say how it came to light that the security at Skinwalker ranch came from the USAF, let's just start with when did it come to light for you?

Quote:
http://www.tridentmilitary.com/new-photos24/ch26b.jpg

that link is the most similar to what was seen.
That's nutty, because those are Chinese Naval Infantry fatigues.

Originally Posted by skinwalker
it has come to light that the security is in fact drawn from the AF pool and not from Navy, dispite portions of the hunt for the skinwalker book pointing otherwise. The picture then is correct (and attire/fatigues was witnessed to be similiar to that stock photo)
Whaaa?

Quote:
"Great, got a link? "

please visit the website its the second video on my front page
Yeah, you said...

Originally Posted by skinwalker
also one of the videos on my site is of a close encounter with several of the ex MPs so please dont question or allude to me making this up as i go along...
Here's the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT61MLhBMu8

I don't see several ex-MP's. I see somebody's jacket and I hear one person telling another that they are trespassing. That could be anyone anywhere. And what happened to the orders to shoot to kill?
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6

Last edited by kitakaze; 28th October 2009 at 05:26 PM.
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 05:31 PM   #69
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Kelleher is a crackpot conspiracy theorist who just happens to also be a biochemist.

From Amazon...

Brain Trust: The Hidden Connection Between Mad Cow and Misdiagnosed Alzheimer's Disease (Hardcover)
Here's an interview with Kelleher about the National Institute for Discovery Science and the Skinwalker Ranch.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 05:31 PM   #70
skinwalker
New Blood
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23
you know what forget it, i honestly thought this forum would be openminded. Extremely foolish for me to post in a skeptics forum, what else should i have expected? I'm done here, i am NOT lying, nor am I interested in nonstop defending myself, that was never my intension when i first posted. I leave this thread to its own research.
skinwalker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 05:32 PM   #71
RayG
Master Poster
 
RayG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Somewhere in Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,660
If anyone wants to waste the time...

http://www.binnallofamerica.com/boaa2.4.6.html

RayG
__________________
Tell ya what. I'll hold my tongue as long as you stick to facts.
--------------------
Scrutatio Et Quaestio
RayG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 05:35 PM   #72
Ravenwood
Muse
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 614
We are open minded, we just don't take someone at their word without documentation or evidence to back it up. When someone claims that they have proof of the paranomal, the expectation is that the proof will actually be shown & examined...
__________________
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear-
I will choose Free Will.
-Rush, "Free Will"
Ravenwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 05:36 PM   #73
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Originally Posted by skinwalker View Post
you know what forget it, i honestly thought this forum would be openminded. Extremely foolish for me to post in a skeptics forum, what else should i have expected? I'm done here, i am NOT lying, nor am I interested in nonstop defending myself, that was never my intension when i first posted. I leave this thread to its own research.
OK, Joe. That's typical of what we see here with people deep in the woo. They make claims they can't back up and tell stories with holes you can drives trucks through. When you catch them making up hooey they get in a huff and storm out.

I asked you some simple questions and pointed out some significant inconsistencies in what you're saying. It was very obvious you were just making things up as you went. Don't like the questions? Don't make up foo foo and you'll be fine.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 05:39 PM   #74
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Here's an interview with Kelleher about the National Institute for Discovery Science and the Skinwalker Ranch.
Originally Posted by RayG View Post
If anyone wants to waste the time...

http://www.binnallofamerica.com/boaa2.4.6.html

RayG
*pulls eyelid, sticks out tongue*

__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 05:55 PM   #75
RayG
Master Poster
 
RayG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Somewhere in Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,660
Oh dear, Elvis has left the building. Hey, you dropped this on the way out...

Quote:
List of excuses explanations:

1. It's a secret, so I can't tell you.
2. Investigators are banned from the facility.
3. Further evidence is not required.
4. It's a government conspiracy.
...
669. If you want more evidence, check out my website.
670. That scientist has a PhD so he must be right.
671. You haven't seen what I've seen.
672. It's in the book.
...
1779. All those creepy happenings/stories can't be wrong.
1780. I'd like to show you myself, but the secret tours are no longer being conducted.
1781. Pictures are not allowed.
1782. The military maintains a 'file' on me.
...
3412. I cant discuss specific details of how I acquired certain knowledge.
3413. If a scientist co-authored a book on the paranormal, then it must be true.
3414. More information was never released.
3415. I have better things to do than make up a story.
...
9854. I clearly stated those were ex-military Cowboys/Navy Seals/USAF Cops.
9855. They have a shoot-to-kill policy.
...
47931543268. Just forget it, I knew you skeptics wouldn't be open minded.
RayG
__________________
Tell ya what. I'll hold my tongue as long as you stick to facts.
--------------------
Scrutatio Et Quaestio
RayG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 08:03 PM   #76
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 20,833
I found what is supposed to be Skinwalker Ranch on GoogleEarth. I left the coordinates so anyone could easily find it. The claims of high security don't make sense. It looks like any other ranch around there and I couldn't even find the flimsy "east gate" that is pictured. It looks rather close to the house and might be possible to locate on the satellite map. Quotes and gate images are from skinwalker's website.

Quote:
The proerty istself is setup like a fortress and nearly impossible to access.
Quote:
You will know your at the right location when you see this gate. The security does patrol near the gate and may harass you here but this is a legal viewing location, in addition your close proximity to the ranch house makes this an ideal location. The drawback is that the trees have infrared sensors and cameras attached to them. The observer will be observed from this location.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg gate.jpg (108.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg knappatranch.jpg (60.7 KB, 3 views)
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 10:00 PM   #77
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 20,425
That's not a gate that brings the word "fortress" to mind...

If the trees have cameras, then they don't need "IR sensors".

My guess is that if there are cameras, then there are IR illuminators to help with night vision, but no "IR sensors".
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?

Last edited by LTC8K6; 28th October 2009 at 10:02 PM.
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 10:18 PM   #78
Ravenwood
Muse
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 614
What is it with these people & their inability to operate something as simple as a camcorder? I watched the video & saw no military or paramilitary security, no threats of being fired upon or anything. All it was was someone fumbling with a niteshot camcorder against their jacket. Note to paranormal researchers out there-save your pennies & get something with at least a GEN III+ tube, Litton makes some pretty decent ones, and PRACTICE using you equipment to get clear video & sound before you go out on your little investigations. Posting video that looks & sounds like you are rolling down the hill in the dark with an inexpensive active IR camcorder is not going to win you any points...
__________________
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear-
I will choose Free Will.
-Rush, "Free Will"
Ravenwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2009, 11:58 PM   #79
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster
 
HarryHenderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: All up in your business!
Posts: 1,831
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
...The claims of high security don't make sense. It looks like any other ranch around there and I couldn't even find the flimsy "east gate" that is pictured...
But don't be misled by the seeming casual serenity depicted in pictures of such places. It's been almost universally true in my experience that ranches owned by the wealthy more for 'their pleasure' than for their utility inevitably have some kind of serious form(s) of property-wide security including all manner of electronics, and for larger size ranches (say 500+ acres) especially, an armed security team often on horseback. Two guys on horseback (or vehicles) could easily patrol a 480 acre ranch. I'd bet you dollars to donuts that if you somehow got onto the Skinwalker Ranch, you'd be 'answering questions' (and under duress) within 10 minutes.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2009, 10:01 AM   #80
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 20,833
Originally Posted by vwgub
Skinwalker is not from Ute folklore it is from Navajo folklore.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin-walker
Originally Posted by HarryHenderson View Post
Actually, based on your own link, not entirely. There's mention of it in Hopi and Lakota 'folklore' also. I say 'mention' because very little of the article has direct citations.

At the Wiki discussion page for Skinwalker Ranch there is an anecdote given...

Quote:
The Skinwalker does originate in Navajo legends but has spread to local tribes. According to the sources the Ute believe the presence of the Skinwalker on their land may be due to their slaughtering of the Navajo in the past.

Interestingly, Greg Long wrote a book about about the Yakima Tribe having UFO experiences.

Examining the Earthlight Theory: The Yakima Ufo Microcosm (Paperback)

Quote:
EXAMINING THE EARTHLIGHT THEORY looks microscopically at the Tectonic Strain Theory of UFOs. I use the Yakima data (nearly 200 reports from a variety of witnesses, plus numerous color photographs) to test the viability of the Tectonic Strain Theory which Persinger believes explains the Yakima sightings.

The Yakima data form a "microcosm," a fascinating, self-contained world of strange reports, which include a range of unexplained occurences--orange balls of light, CE3's, possible abductions, Bigfoot sightings, daylight objects, subterrrean sounds and more.

Nearly every part of the Reservation experienced some type of unexplained event over a 20 year period, making the Yakima Indian Reservation an excellent "laboratory" for detailed examination of UFO phenomena.
Link.

Well now, that sounds a lot like the Skinwalker thing.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:12 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.