ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags snakes

Reply
Old 20th May 2006, 04:38 AM   #241
athon
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 9,259
Small side question; anybody else think Claus is getting worse recently? I mean, he's always been one to push for an argument, and I respect that, however his discussions are becoming more and more pointless as time goes on. This 'a leg is not a leg' thing, the alligator nonsense... I recently had a discussion on heroin in which his responses were, well, less than I'd expect from somebody who would explore the issue with a balanced view of the evidence.

I'm not asking this as an attack on the guy (I've always personally liked Claus), but rather it's only struck me recently just how bad his arguments are getting. Maybe he needs a holiday?

Athon
athon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2008, 09:19 AM   #242
GzuzKryzt
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,363
Originally Posted by athon View Post
Small side question; anybody else think Claus is getting worse recently?
...
Again, do people realise one can read what they post?
GzuzKryzt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2008, 09:36 AM   #243
HarryKeogh
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 11,319
Originally Posted by GzuzKryzt View Post
Again, do people realise one can read what they post?
Wow. You must be like the slowest typist ever.
HarryKeogh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2008, 02:34 PM   #244
Rolfe
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member
 
Rolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NT 150 511
Posts: 42,495
Oooooh, zombie thread! I'd forgotten how much fun this one was.

And just to complete the fun, remember the Larsen List?

Originally Posted by Rolfe View Post
  1. Claus posted:Claus, please give the name and publication details of the dictionary you were using to support the statement "all are allowed by the dictionary". Please also quote in full the entry or entries you were relying on.
  2. Please explain how any answer to that question could have been used to illuminate the matter of whether or not the brille of a snake may be classified as eyelids.
  3. Do we (that is us human beings, for the avoidance of doubt) refer to our eyelids as brille? If not, why not?
  4. Why were you so adamant that Wikipedia was a reliable reference for the use of the word "eyelid" in connection to the brille, rather than (for example) Webster's Dictionary? Especially in view of the numerous other occasions you have derided other posters for relying on Wikipedia as a source, while you have previously recommended Webster's as reliable? (See Mahatma Kane Jeeves' language award nominated post presenting the evidence for this is excruciating detail.)
All right, I think that's enough.

Claus may see this as trivial. However, he must realise that it's not the petty semantics that are the issue, but the matter of someone who chooses to hound and badger other posters for allegedly running away from questions they may not want to answer, running away himself and giving grounds for accusations of hypocrisy. The questions may be trivial, but they are not difficult.

Oh, and Claus, be advised that "I see. A leg is not a leg. Alice in Wonderland" and variations thereof is not an adequate response, and every repetition of such will be seen as adding further to the impression of evasion and hypocrisy.

Ah, those were the days!

Rolfe.
__________________
"The way we vote will depend, ultimately, on whether we are persuaded to hope or to fear." - Aonghas MacNeacail, June 2012.
Rolfe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2008, 03:59 PM   #245
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 40,976
Indiana Jones must have read this thread.
That is why he is so psycho about snakes.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2008, 02:10 PM   #246
BirdyBuddy
Terrorized by 'tiels
 
BirdyBuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 6,494
Wow, eye-opening thread...
__________________
Status: Playing Words with Friends, Cthulhu Edition... ^( ;,,; )^

The most tragic victims of irony are the trees cut down to make copies of The Lorax...
BirdyBuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2011, 11:33 AM   #247
whitefork
None of the above
 
whitefork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,326
bump for the nostalgia
__________________
Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies - Nietzsche
whitefork is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2011, 01:59 PM   #248
George 152
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,012
I told my parents that broccoli was bad for me.
Vindication at long last
George 152 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2011, 02:24 PM   #249
sadhatter
Philosopher
 
sadhatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,046
What is with all the zombie threads recently?
sadhatter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2011, 09:31 PM   #250
Andrew Wiggin
Master Poster
 
Andrew Wiggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,915
I have it on somewhat good authority that snakes can survive a long time at low temperature and in sealed bags, and at least in the experience of the guy who told me the story, have sometimes caused trouble that way. The guy was (and is) an exotic meat dealer and related that his company had recieved a shipment of rattlesnakes that turned out to be alive when they opened the bags. They tried to kill them by putting the bags in cold storage, and thought they'd succeeded, only to find out that not only did being in a sealed bag not kill rattlesnakes, putting them in the fridge just made them ACT dead until they warmed up. Apparently much fun was had by all. The fella who told me the story was a complete bastard, and ends up in the news now and then for being a complete bastard when it comes to ethical behavior in the meat industry, but I believe him; I heard the story a couple of times and he's been quite consistant. At one time he'd posted it on his company's website too, but I can't seem to find it. In any case, this one's plausible to me.
__________________
"Everyone takes the limits of his own vision for the limits of the
world." - Arthur Schopenhauer

"New and stirring things are belittled because if they are not belittled,
the humiliating question arises, 'Why then are you not taking part in
them?' " - H. G. Wells
Andrew Wiggin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2011, 09:35 PM   #251
Andrew Wiggin
Master Poster
 
Andrew Wiggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,915
Crap. I just participated in an act of necromancy. I feel all dirty and in need of a shower and a hug.
__________________
"Everyone takes the limits of his own vision for the limits of the
world." - Arthur Schopenhauer

"New and stirring things are belittled because if they are not belittled,
the humiliating question arises, 'Why then are you not taking part in
them?' " - H. G. Wells
Andrew Wiggin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2011, 10:20 AM   #252
Sledge
Grammaton Cleric
 
Sledge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,114
Originally Posted by sadhatter View Post
What is with all the zombie threads recently?
When the servers of hell are full, the dead threads will walk the internet.
__________________
"The perfect haiku would have just two syllables: Airwolf" ~ Ernest Cline

"Science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop" ~ Dara O'Briain.
Sledge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2011, 09:54 AM   #253
Drewbot
Philosopher
 
Drewbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,301
I will end the argument

Snakes do not have eyelids, or nictitating membranes, or scales over their eyes.

They have a very thin layer of skin over their eyes, which peels off each time it sheds. It is often called an eyecap. You can see the eye cap coming off in one piece with the shed skin.
See link for a photo of a shed eyecap.

http://exoticpets.about.com/od/snake...akeshsigns.htm
__________________
"I dont call that evolution, I call that the survival of the fittest." - Bulletmaker
"I thought skeptics would usually point towards a hoax rather than a group being duped." - makaya325
Kit is not a skeptic. He is a former Bigfoot believer that changed his position to that of non believer.- Crowlogic
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2011, 10:02 AM   #254
The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Central Scrutinizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 52,931
Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
They have a very thin layer of skin over their eyes...
In other words, an eyelid.

__________________
If I see somebody with a gun on a plane? I'll kill him.

Lupus is Lupus tor central scrutineezer
The Central Scrutinizer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2011, 02:47 PM   #255
roger
Penultimate Amazing
 
roger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 11,465
Originally Posted by The Central Scrutinizer View Post
In other words, an eyelid.

If I see a mother****ing eyelid on a mother****ing plane...
__________________
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. - John Muir
roger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2013, 04:00 AM   #256
LeFevre
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,704
This classic was so good it gets more thread necromancy. Funny times.
LeFevre is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2018, 05:43 AM   #257
Octavo
Illuminator
 
Octavo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,485
Originally Posted by CFLarsen View Post
What do you call the two protruding extremities that you walk on? "Legs" or "drumsticks" or "members"? All are allowed by the dictionary.
So many years on, i'm still waiting for satisfactory answers to this thread.
__________________
This signature is intended to imitate people.
Octavo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2018, 06:21 AM   #258
Drewbot
Philosopher
 
Drewbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,301
Waht question do you need an answer to?
__________________
"I dont call that evolution, I call that the survival of the fittest." - Bulletmaker
"I thought skeptics would usually point towards a hoax rather than a group being duped." - makaya325
Kit is not a skeptic. He is a former Bigfoot believer that changed his position to that of non believer.- Crowlogic
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2018, 07:07 AM   #259
Octavo
Illuminator
 
Octavo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,485
Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Waht question do you need an answer to?
Why he thought his legs were drumsticks?
__________________
This signature is intended to imitate people.
Octavo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2018, 07:16 AM   #260
Drewbot
Philosopher
 
Drewbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,301
Turkey or Chicken?
__________________
"I dont call that evolution, I call that the survival of the fittest." - Bulletmaker
"I thought skeptics would usually point towards a hoax rather than a group being duped." - makaya325
Kit is not a skeptic. He is a former Bigfoot believer that changed his position to that of non believer.- Crowlogic
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2018, 08:08 AM   #261
Octavo
Illuminator
 
Octavo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,485
Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Turkey or Chicken?
Human drumsticks.

Jesus, this thread gets more bizarre with every necro.
__________________
This signature is intended to imitate people.
Octavo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2018, 08:29 AM   #262
isissxn
Rough Around the Edges
 
isissxn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Deep Storage
Posts: 4,932
Holy dinosaur! This is amazing.

When I saw this appear as an active thread, I thought surely someone must be pulling my drumstick.
isissxn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2018, 12:35 PM   #263
Lithrael
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,366
Talk about beating a dead bird.

I do remember being baffled and more than a bit put off by CFLís posts back when I started reading the forum.
Lithrael is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2018, 12:40 PM   #264
sphenisc
Illuminator
 
sphenisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,713
Originally Posted by Lithrael View Post
I do remember being baffled and more than a bit put off by CFLís posts back when I started reading the forum.
Evidence?
__________________
"The cure for everything is salt water - tears, sweat or the sea." Isak Dinesen
sphenisc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2018, 01:53 PM   #265
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing
 
Trebuchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Great Northwet
Posts: 18,181
Originally Posted by Lithrael View Post
Talk about beating a dead bird.

I do remember being baffled and more than a bit put off by CFLís posts back when I started reading the forum.
I actually left it for seven or eight years because of him.
__________________
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.
Trebuchet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2018, 03:17 PM   #266
Lithrael
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,366
Originally Posted by sphenisc View Post
Evidence?
Lol!
Lithrael is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2018, 06:07 PM   #267
luchog
Neo-Post-Retro-Revivalist
 
luchog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 14,702
Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
I actually left it for seven or eight years because of him.

Yeah, I used to take frequent extended breaks, like 7-8 month long breaks, from the forum in large part because of him and a couple others. He seemed to develop a sort of odd vendetta against certain posters, most of whom were fellow skeptics, not woos, and constantly insisted he understood American culture and the American idiom better than any Americans because he lived here for a short time. Got real old, real fast.
__________________
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." -- Douglas Adams
"The absence of evidence might indeed not be evidence of absence, but it's a pretty good start." -- PhantomWolf
"Let's see the buggers figure that one out." - John Lennon
luchog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2018, 06:39 PM   #268
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing
 
Trebuchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Great Northwet
Posts: 18,181
What did it for me was when he figured out the real life identity of one of the woo members and put up a series of "I know where you live" posts about which Randi and the mods did nothing.
__________________
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.
Trebuchet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2018, 05:52 AM   #269
Drewbot
Philosopher
 
Drewbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,301
Well, according to Bigfooters, Bigfoot has a Tapetum lucidum.

So, based on that, Snakes could have eyelids.

However, a legless lizard, which is often mistaken for a snake, does have eyelids.
https://animalsake.com/difference-be...egless-lizards

__________________
"I dont call that evolution, I call that the survival of the fittest." - Bulletmaker
"I thought skeptics would usually point towards a hoax rather than a group being duped." - makaya325
Kit is not a skeptic. He is a former Bigfoot believer that changed his position to that of non believer.- Crowlogic
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2018, 05:57 AM   #270
Octavo
Illuminator
 
Octavo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,485
Does a snake have a tail, or a tentacle?
__________________
This signature is intended to imitate people.
Octavo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2018, 05:58 AM   #271
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 27,379
Or, indeed, a onetacle?

Dave
__________________
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2018, 08:18 AM   #272
Myriad
Hyperthetical
 
Myriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 13,985
Back when this thread was recent forum memory, I did fine one single pop culture instance of a human leg being called (derogatorily) a drumstick.

It's in the Simpson's episode "Flaming Moe's" (season 3, episode 10), the one where Homer tells Moe the recipe for a drink he'd invented and Moe takes the credit and gets (temporarily) rich from it. The flashback back story of how Homer invented the drink begins:

HOMER (VOICE OVER): One night, Marge’s beastly sisters were showing slides from their latest vacation.
[SLIDE of...]
SELMA: ...And this is Patty trying to plug her leg razor into one of those ungodly Czechoslovakian outlets.
[SLIDE of one of the sisters in a lounge chair wearing a bathing suit, revealing very hairy legs]
SELMA: As you can see, we never did get the hang of it.
BART: Ay caramba!
HOMER (VOICE OVER): As I stared up at that hairy, yellow drumstick, I knew I needed a drink.
__________________
A zÝmbie once bit my sister...
Myriad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2018, 09:46 AM   #273
badnewsBH
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 270
Originally Posted by isissxn View Post
Holy dinosaur! This is amazing.

When I saw this appear as an active thread, I thought surely someone must be pulling my drumstick.

It's the return of the living thread!

badnewsBH is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2018, 12:17 PM   #274
Resume
Troublesome Passenger
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 15,880
What, more ************* snakes in the ************* broccoli?
__________________
In fact, there is no institution, private or public, that has less of a problem with the sexual abuse of minors today than the Catholic Church.

Bill Donohue
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2018, 11:30 PM   #275
Octavo
Illuminator
 
Octavo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,485
Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Or, indeed, a onetacle?

Dave
Wouldn't it be a unitacle?
__________________
This signature is intended to imitate people.
Octavo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2018, 01:25 AM   #276
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 27,379
Originally Posted by Octavo View Post
Wouldn't it be a unitacle?
No, because then tentacles would be decatacles.

Dave
__________________
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2018, 01:28 AM   #277
Octavo
Illuminator
 
Octavo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,485
Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
No, because then tentacles would be decatacles.

Dave
A limb is a limb is a limb . Why can I say that snakes have branches? It's the same thing.
__________________
This signature is intended to imitate people.
Octavo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2018, 02:55 AM   #278
Dabop
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Oz
Posts: 738
Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
I actually left it for seven or eight years because of him.
I had until now only heard of him, but just read some of the threads linked in this thread
All I can say is

WOW

I would have had CFL on ignore pretty much immediately, and what I found disturbing was that when I was reading the NDE thread, Steve was the calm one, he cited facts and figures, gave links, did everything 'by the book' whereas CFL was the rabid attack dog type, constantly misrepresented Steve's case, setting up strawmen and generally was abusive and his posts content free

And he was one of Randy's favourites?
__________________
It's a kind of a strawman thing in that it's exactly a strawman thing. Loss Leader

'When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.' George Carlin
Dabop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2018, 04:36 AM   #279
Drewbot
Philosopher
 
Drewbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,301
I won't even bring up the fact that snakes have Hemipenes...
__________________
"I dont call that evolution, I call that the survival of the fittest." - Bulletmaker
"I thought skeptics would usually point towards a hoax rather than a group being duped." - makaya325
Kit is not a skeptic. He is a former Bigfoot believer that changed his position to that of non believer.- Crowlogic
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2018, 04:59 AM   #280
Octavo
Illuminator
 
Octavo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,485
Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
I won't even bring up the fact that snakes have Hemipenes...
I call those my drumsticks.
__________________
This signature is intended to imitate people.
Octavo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:20 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.