IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 6th March 2022, 12:34 AM   #1
MBDK
Muse

Einstein is wrong. Math is Wrong. Everything is wrong. This Man Sets Us Straight.

WARNING!!!!! Anyone with an allergy to high amounts of dumdumium needs to be aware of its use in copious amounts. Proceed with caution.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Has anyone heard of this guy, before?

Edited by zooterkin:  Fixed the youtube link. The 'yt' tags don't work with a time offset.
The link was to 538 seconds in, i.e. about 9 minutes.

Last edited by zooterkin; 6th March 2022 at 04:09 AM.
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2022, 04:18 AM   #2
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

This chap - https://www.linkedin.com/in/nigel-ch...per-4a9238119/

Seems entirely stable...
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2022, 06:23 AM   #3
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit

“They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.”
Carl Sagan.

’Nuff said.
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2022, 08:48 AM   #4
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

This is him here:

https://currnt.com/@Nigel_CHEESE

Quote:
Summary
I am me, I do not pretend to be anyone else, I do what I do and I do it well. Having an I.Q. of 207 with Asperger's syndrome, can at times leave me feeling very isolated. So if I'm having a bad day, I apologize in advance, if I am having a good day then you are in for the ride of your life. You are all invited to read a section from the last page of my book:
"What can you do when you have an I.Q. of 207 and Asperger’s syndrome? There is nothing more I can do; I have gone from zero to infinity in every direction, (and back); I’ve have taken you on a complete tour of rim of the Universe showing that infinity is only part of it; I’ve created matter from nothing, and jumped across space at a speed that far exceeds the poultry speed of light.

. . . .
"Mostly harmless".
Old 6th March 2022, 09:00 AM   #5
marting
Illuminator

Wow. I've never, in my life, run across as much nonsense spouted in a single hour.
Old 6th March 2022, 09:01 AM   #6
Carrot Flower King
Illuminator

"Poultry speed of light", eh? Imagine how fast the buggers would go if they had decent wings...
Carrot Flower King is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2022, 09:05 AM   #7
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King View Post
"Poultry speed of light", eh? Imagine how fast the buggers would go if they had decent wings...
I was going to call him out on that but, all in all, it just did not seem fair so I chickened out
Old 6th March 2022, 09:07 AM   #8
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King View Post
Or an pneumatic cannon....
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2022, 09:33 AM   #9
Nowhere Man
Critical Thinker

Youtuber Planarwalk has done a couple of videos on this poor fellow:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
and
I AGREE
(available 3/6/2022 13:00 Eastern time)

Planarwalk describes Cheese's "work" as "fractally wrong" which is very accurate IMHO.

Fred

"For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."
-- John Dryden, "The Vindication of The Duke of Guise" 1684
Nowhere Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2022, 09:45 AM   #10
Nowhere Man
Critical Thinker

As did SciManDan:
I AGREE

Fred

"For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."
-- John Dryden, "The Vindication of The Duke of Guise" 1684
Nowhere Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2022, 11:34 AM   #11
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
As did SciManDan:
I AGREE

Fred
Amazingly cringeworthy. He could run the world if only he could harness the power of his audience's toes curling.

The thing that surprised me was how shallow his grasp of maths and science are. I had expected to be bamboozled with complex nonsense but this stuff was just trivially wrong. He seems to have a well-rehearsed fantasy story about how he amazed and dumbfounded all the senior people he clearly resents. It's no more than pub-bore level Walter Mitty stuff from a man weighed down by the chip on his shoulder, which is rather too sad to be properly funny.

If you were impressed by his adding 1 magnet to 1 magnet to get 1 magnet, just wait till you see what I get when I have only 1 stick but then by the magic of snapping it in half...
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2022, 12:24 PM   #12
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Well, everything that has a positive also has a negative, like the temperature in his fridge, and so there must also be a negative IQ, and that means that this chap is at his smartest when he displays IQ = 0!
Old 6th March 2022, 12:43 PM   #13
Lukraak_Sisser
Philosopher

Again the hate for both Einstein and mathematics prevalent in most fringe 'science'.

I can understand maths, that is difficult to grasp once you go beyond basic high school. But why the fixation on Einstein?
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2022, 02:14 PM   #14
MBDK
Muse

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
Planarwalk describes Cheese's "work" as "fractally wrong" which is very accurate IMHO.

Fred
Yep. It was Planarwalk's video that first introduced me to this guy. I am still somewhat waffling between him being genuine, or just a new troll variant.
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2022, 02:34 PM   #15
MBDK
Muse

Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post
Again the hate for both Einstein and mathematics prevalent in most fringe 'science'.

I can understand maths, that is difficult to grasp once you go beyond basic high school. But why the fixation on Einstein?
I suppose it is because of the high regard his name elicits in almost every facet of math and physics. These narcissists believe by belittling Einstein, it raises their own profile above his level, and makes them worthy of even superior accolades. Of course, they are completely oblivious to the fact that exactly the opposite effect occurs when their shenanigans are exposed.
Old 6th March 2022, 02:58 PM   #16
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post

With this particular guy, the maths doesn't go anywhere near high school level. I'm pretty sure Einstein only becomes the target because he's heard of him. This sad case isn't one lone voice against science, it's one lone voice against authority figures he resents and a freewheeling fantasy where he imagines having defeated them with his mighty intellect.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th March 2022, 09:47 PM   #17
Wolrab
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Blue Mountain View Post
“They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.”
Carl Sagan.

’Nuff said.
Who ever laughed at Bozo?
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2022, 08:32 AM   #18
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

And by the way ...

Speaking of well established science being so very wrong, does anyone else recall how "The Theory of Relativity will begin to fall apart in 2016/2017"?
Old 7th March 2022, 08:45 AM   #19
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
With this particular guy, the maths doesn't go anywhere near high school level. I'm pretty sure Einstein only becomes the target because he's heard of him. This sad case isn't one lone voice against science, it's one lone voice against authority figures he resents and a freewheeling fantasy where he imagines having defeated them with his mighty intellect.
I presume his thoughts are so out of kilter because of his health issue.
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2022, 09:04 AM   #20
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
I presume his thoughts are so out of kilter because of his health issue.
If you add "mental" to that, I agree with you. And, as I said, "mostly harmless".

Last edited by Gord_in_Toronto; 7th March 2022 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Fixed typo
Gord_in_Toronto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2022, 09:13 AM   #21
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Einstein is wrong. Math is Wrong. Everything is wrong. This Man Sets Us Straight.

Hellbound’s rule #47: whenever someone starts a comment with anything like “As the smartest person in the room, I think…”, what follows will be something amazingly stupid.

Sent from my volcanic island lair using carrier pigeon.
Old 7th March 2022, 10:54 AM   #22
JesseCuster
Graduate Poster

He ticks a couple of the typical crank boxes:

1. Boasting about your IQ, especially claiming an IQ that is well above what any valid IQ test can actually measure.

2. Having stories about how they stumped scientists or professors or academics with their simple questions and thought experiments.
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2022, 11:39 AM   #23
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
And by the way ...

Speaking of well established science being so very wrong, does anyone else recall how "The Theory of Relativity will begin to fall apart in 2016/2017"?
Well it did and we went back in time to 2011 but the media is hiding it from us.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2022, 11:50 AM   #24
P.J. Denyer
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
I was going to call him out on that but, all in all, it just did not seem fair so I chickened out
That joke was fowl.

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2022, 12:04 PM   #25
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
That joke was fowl.
If you keep egging me on, I'll hatch some more.
Old 7th March 2022, 03:02 PM   #26
Galaxie
Graduate Poster

Wow! Thanks to Mr. Cheese, I finally understand how magnets work!
Galaxie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2022, 03:17 PM   #27
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Silly sod claims he baffled a whole group of Navy officers while he was just an "erk", presumably a naval rating. I suspect he was discharged as mentally unfit for service, got bitter and twisted, and this is how his revenge plays out in his head now. That, or he is some two-pint pub waffler who thinks he is good at bull ****. Sectionable.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal