IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Old 19th June 2016, 07:21 AM   #361
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
I realise that this is possibly a silly question - but did anybody take this seriously?
No, footers were onto this one . . . right after the guy admitted to the hoax.
http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/...&by-date=false

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2016, 09:07 AM   #362
Rincewind
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
No, footers were onto this one . . . right after the guy admitted to the hoax.
http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/...&by-date=false
Yeah - figures!

Rincewind is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2016, 06:54 AM   #363
Susheel
Illuminator

In fact, didn't OS post this as new evidence for tge squatch?
Old 19th July 2016, 09:28 PM   #364
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Tontar View Post
There's so much good stuff here. I need to stop hanging out other places.

I was doing a webbernet search trying to find descriptions of the NAWAC wood chimps because the NAWAC spokespersons have presumably been told not to speak fast and loose in public anymore because they got in a lot of hot water with the bosses last time they did, and instead of finding their descriptions of 8 foot tall American chimps, I found this nugget of wisdom. Reading it, my tension melted away. Thank you for reality!!!
Thank you for the kind words Tontar. I'm not always right, but I'm always thoughtful and sincere.

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
Harry has delivered some epic rants through the years, and that's a great one.
And thank you too The. I've mentioned before (perhaps just to myself, not sure) there's any number of posters here who I never fail to read, and for valid reasons The Shrike has been at the top of that list since the beginning (Saskeptic @ BFF¹).

As for some NEW news, there's this. It's not the only time things like this have occurred either. The public's utter fascination with taking pictures with their (phone) cameras is completely out of control. It's so bad that people post tens of thousands of pics A DAY of just their food. THEIR ******* FOOD! And if I never hear the word "selfie" again I'll be truly fine too.

YET, therein lies ChrisBFRPKY Bigfooters greatest chance for vindication. If everyone's taking pictures of everything everywhere all the time, and they are, shouldn't Bigfoot be showing up somewhere in all those pics, even if just by chance? Potentially the greatest single subject a phone camera could hope to capture, yet NOPE not even ONE CLEAR PIC. They're literally killing mountain goats with a mindless "photo op" curiosity, yet apparently totally missing the many Bigfoot photo ops passing them by as they're chasing that goat.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 02:18 PM   #365
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Great new photo of Bigfoot over on Bigfoot Forums. They all love it.

http://bigfootforums.com/topic/58708-enhanced-photo
Old 4th January 2018, 02:31 PM   #366
carlitos
"más divertido"

That's hilarious. A BFF member who knows about photos "enhanced" the photo by literally drawing a mouth on the "face" in the photo.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 03:59 PM   #367
captain koolaid
Muse

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post

Taken at a habituation site. The guy who took the photo was taken to a regular "special meeting place". Forget "Finding Bigfoot"... these people are Chillin' With Bigfoot.
"Bigfoot does not leave hair samples for us unless he is in our dimension to begin with, obviously. Once the hair is separated from the electrical field associated with the Bigfoot's free quanta energy loops, the hair becomes independant and remains in it's most stable dimension, which presumably is our dimension."(Historian)
captain koolaid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 04:10 PM   #368
The Shrike
Philosopher

The right eye of the subject might actually be two eyes: one sad one looking down and off to the left and one sassy one with clumped mascara on long eyelashes looking right at the camera. The gills, goiter, and John Merrick-like bulging forehead on that thing also make it a bit dubious, but hey, who am I to judge? All I know is that if I encountered such a Guernica-escaped beast eyesballsing me from the bushes, I'd start taking random moonlit photos with my camera, too!
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2018, 06:23 PM   #369
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Looks like Davey Jones with nostrils.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 09:48 AM   #370
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Patty must be from a different species...

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 12:02 PM   #371
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post

I apparently don't have permission to view it!

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 12:03 PM   #372
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post
I can't see it anymore, either.

They must have decided it was a bad idea to let unbelievers see it.

LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 12:04 PM   #373
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
Patty must be from a different species...
Them genetically-engineered space monkeys come in all shapes and sizes and must be deported asap. Build a wall around the PNW!

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 12:05 PM   #374
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Just my luck; my telly broke, my newly acquired Netflix is faulty and now this! Can't even get a little Bigfoot action anymore.

Old 5th January 2018, 12:09 PM   #375
Mark F
Graduate Poster

My youngest daughter is 14. She does not like to have her picture taken. Most of the recent pictures we have of her we call "Sasquatch photo's" because they only show a dark, blurry object.
Old 5th January 2018, 12:11 PM   #376
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
My youngest daughter is 14. She does not like to have her picture taken. Most of the recent pictures we have of her we call "Sasquatch photo's" because they only show a dark, blurry object.
That's what happens to me when I try to send my bird some dick pics like a true gent.

Old 5th January 2018, 12:30 PM   #377
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

enhanced1.jpg
enhanced2.jpg
Squatchy McSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 12:35 PM   #378
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Bigfoot is a blurry macaque?
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 01:04 PM   #379
BayWatcher
Scholar

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post

For many things the BFF doesn't mind publicly looking like fools. In this case they prefer to privately look like fools.
BayWatcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2018, 04:41 PM   #380
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

They moved it to the pgf section which requires registration.

They didn't move it to the premium paid section which has strict rules.

As far as I'm concerned the image is open to fair use.

Supposedly it was taken through a window at night.

The 'face' is most likely the photographer's reflection in the glass.
Squatchy McSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2018, 03:22 PM   #381
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by Squatchy McSquatch View Post
IMO, we are not seeing the face of the photographer. I don't think it's a face at all. Pareidolia creates a face and the bogus "enhancement" refines it.
Old 7th January 2018, 03:55 PM   #382
captain koolaid
Muse

...Supposedly it was taken through a window at night.

Really? Is that put forward by the photographer in a post? He alludes to having taken the photo whilst in the brush, fumbling with the camera, in one post. Sounds odd.
"Bigfoot does not leave hair samples for us unless he is in our dimension to begin with, obviously. Once the hair is separated from the electrical field associated with the Bigfoot's free quanta energy loops, the hair becomes independant and remains in it's most stable dimension, which presumably is our dimension."(Historian)
captain koolaid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2018, 04:27 PM   #383
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

You're correct it was taken in the bush.

Its diet has already been established -- based on that one pic.
Old 7th January 2018, 04:54 PM   #384
captain koolaid
Muse

Its diet has already been established -- based on that one pic.

Is it human flesh? I'm so hoping that it's human flesh.
Old 7th January 2018, 06:14 PM   #385
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Push push in the bush.
Old 8th January 2018, 06:23 AM   #386
Drewbot
Philosopher

What about the devil dog?

Didn't the photographer see that ?

Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2018, 06:36 AM   #387
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Looks like a Creekfreak enhancement where you just draw in what you want.

Old 27th February 2018, 10:55 AM   #388
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2018/02/27...dinal-alabama/

But still no bigfoot...

Old 4th December 2018, 05:46 PM   #389
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

We've seen every kind of Bigfoot story. But I don't think we've ever seen anyone say that they saw a Bigfoot that saw a Bigfoot. "Not only did I see a Bigfoot, but also that Bigfoot saw a Bigfoot."

That would be like a double-stacked confirmation of existence. It would pretty much be gold, but I don't think it has happened yet.
Old 4th December 2018, 06:30 PM   #390
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

We know that Bigfoot sometimes uses tools like when they steal a screwdriver and use it to open a can of beans. I think that Bigfoot could use a saw.

It would be really amazing if Bigfoot was confirmed to exist by someone who presented science with a Bigfoot body that had been sawn in half by a Bigfoot. "I saw a Bigfoot that saw a Bigfoot and then the Bigfoot sawed the Bigfoot that it saw."

That would be awesome.
Old 5th December 2018, 06:20 AM   #391
Drewbot
Philosopher

I see what you're saying.

I think if a Bigfoot could use a saw, it could use the camera feature on an Iphone.

What if the Bigfoot filmed a Bigfoot with an Iphone?

Then who discovered Bigfoot? Bigfoot?

Or the person who found the phone the Bigfoot used, smashed on the rocks?

(Actually this would make a good Bigfoot short story)
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2018, 07:23 AM   #392
The Shrike
Philosopher

Is this what Parcher drunk-posting looks like?
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2018, 11:25 AM   #393
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
Is this what Parcher drunk-posting looks like?
It is kind of awesome and a bit scary at the same time.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2018, 12:33 PM   #394
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

I think he's channeling Creekfreak.

Old 10th December 2018, 06:28 AM   #395
Drewbot
Philosopher

They will steal a screwdriver to open a can of beans, but they have to SMASH trailcams to remove the data card.

They will steal a screwdriver to open a can of beans, but they won't steal a shovel to bury their dead Bigfoots so no one finds a body.

Other things Bigfoots NEVER do?
* Have a heart attack near a public place
* Dart in front of a Petrbilt on one of the highways they cross
* Fracture an ankle while running FULL SPEED, barefoot, through the woods to the side of the road to keep up with a person on moped.
* Fall through the ice on a river or lake and freeze to death
* Miscalculate a leap from tree to tree
* Get predated by a Grizzly Bear.
* Leave DNA in water DNA testing samples
* Leave hair in hair traps
* Get shot stealing livestock
* Get caught on a game cam
* Get surrounded by a group of hunting dogs
* Survive 10,000 years without ever being successfully hunted by Native Americans
* Menace trailer parks without getting caught on camera by a COPS film crew in the area.
Old 10th December 2018, 06:30 AM   #396
Drewbot
Philosopher

Here's a thought game.

If two male Bigfoots get into a dominance battle over a female, and one of the males dies in the tussle, is the victorious Bigfoot obligated to bury the body of the loser? The females could be long gone by the time he digs a 8'x6'x6' hole in the ground and covers it up.
Old 10th December 2018, 07:55 AM   #397
herrdocjdm
Thinker

https://youtu.be/Skjvz9ICylU
herrdocjdm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2018, 07:56 AM   #398
herrdocjdm
Thinker

. .
herrdocjdm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2018, 08:30 AM   #399
The Shrike
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
... is the victorious Bigfoot obligated to bury the body of the loser?
Burying their dead would be the #1 way to ensure that we'd uncover remains eventually. I continue to be surprised by how this illogical trope lives on in bigfootery.

ETA Meldrum: Shrike is wrong because everyone knows that bigfoots only live in the "Pacific Northwest" and when they bury their dead there the bodies are immediately consumed by the soil that is technically lava.
Old 10th December 2018, 08:34 AM   #400
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by herrdocjdm View Post
FYI this is a video of a researcher driving around town looking for 'blue bags' that the Bigfoot leave around town.

Very funny.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal