IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Old 6th September 2013, 10:42 AM   #321
Mudcat
Man of a Thousand Memes

Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
best of our ability.

Just to be clear on the bold item above, that is a totally unsupportable statement and "footers" shouldn't make those type of definitive claims. There is no way to determine how many unreported sighting are out there. For all I know, there are none. It's possible every single sighting has been sent to one site or another. I don't think it's probable, but it's possible.
I would assume that most sightings do get reported in one fashion or another, however it's a claim that you can see Bigfoot believers make on a fairly regular basis that most do not get reported.

Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
Mudcat, I have a hot line on the website for those outside the group as well. Since we're small and self financed we can usually only look into a three county area. I have gone to Land Between the Lakes KY and Oneida TN though. Which either is a pretty decent drive for me. I really don't like to get very far from our normal research areas though. It doesn't do much good to go look at a set of tracks if I can't get back into the same area regularly.
That's understandable. Do you share that information with groups that do have regular access to such areas?
Old 6th September 2013, 10:43 AM   #322
River
Illuminator

snip.
From this website in Kentucky. Not yours.

"I've observed 1 creature eating bark from a pine tree and enjoying like it was cotton candy." ― ChrisBFRPKY
River is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2013, 12:23 PM   #323
eerok
Quixoticist

We have plenty of places to look even in my home county. And yes, the creatures do not make usually themselves known in populated areas here. It takes a mile or two away from human activity to start finding sign. If they were easy to find, they wouldn't be much of a mystery.
So in KY, bigfoot are like hobos squatting in the back 40.

That's. Fascinating.
Old 6th September 2013, 02:53 PM   #324
Monza
Alta Viro

Originally Posted by AlaskaBushPilot View Post
You're just not getting it. I drove a boat a thousand miles down the Yukon River each year to commercial fish in the Bering Sea. Climbed Mt. McKinley. Trapped in the Brooks Range - 126 miles of line, three hundred traps. Flown thousands of hours over more wilderness than you can dream of in a plane that needs 100 ft to take off on a boulder field with a moose on board.

This is just normal stuff for a guy that kind of likes the outdoors here. I have done expeditions, many times, and not just in the wilderness here - Three months in the upper Amazon. A month in remote tributaries of the Mekong in Laos. Siberia, Northwest Territories, Andes...

When you tell me about amazing exploits in the deep wilderness of Kentucky in a county that does not have any place, anywhere, more than two miles from a road or farm field... it is just so laughable.

Because there actually are places a person can go to do real expeditions, alll over the world, and you can get fifty or a hundred miles from the nearst road without all that much effort via bushplane, 4-wheeler, track rig, boat, snow machine... all of which I can see from the window I am typing from this very moment. Because they're all mine and in less than one minute from stepping out my front door I am in the wilderness - the real thing, not some make-believe B.S.

I've shot a both a bear and a moose at my front door. I don't mean "from" the door, I mean the moose had his whole neck and head in my front room and the bear was trying to push the front door open so I opened it for him and greeted him with my .44 magnum. Wolves ate one of my dogs. If there actually are animals living around you then you don't have to go on an "expedition" to find them. They're eating your dog food, stealing your chickens, trampling your garden, and sometimes you shoot them dead in your underwear.

You just don't get how you sound to someone who actually lives or works in the woods and has animals around them.

There again. "Plenty" of places to look. Bigfoot all over the place.

Except of course you have to go deep, deep into the legendary non-wilderness of your county (there is no wilderness in your county) to find them.

You apparently can't see the gross contradiction of having zero acreage in your county that is two miles from "human activity", but plenty of bigfoot upon that acreage. Mathematically, it approaches infinity bigfoot per acre.

By all means, show us a google earth shot of where you are talking about. Or a map. But of course, you won't. Not because you are protecting habitat, but because it doesn't exist. People who are protecting habitat like the Conservation societies in just about every state and county of the U.S. BUY land for habitat.

You make some good points, ABP. But what in the world are animals doing in your underwear?!
Monza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2013, 07:17 PM   #325
eerok
Quixoticist

When you tell me about amazing exploits in the deep wilderness of Kentucky in a county that does not have any place, anywhere, more than two miles from a road or farm field... it is just so laughable.
I'm with you 100% here. My years in the bush were spent around Great Slave Lake, east of where you are, but wild enough.

You just don't get how you sound to someone who actually lives or works in the woods and has animals around them.
Exactly right. I live in Ontario now, but the notion that there's wild, undiscovered animals like bigfoot in the American suburbs makes me laugh.

I think that the wildest thing around KY are good old boys on a Saturday night.
Old 7th September 2013, 03:48 AM   #326
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

You're just not getting it. I drove a boat a thousand miles down the Yukon River each year to commercial fish in the Bering Sea. Climbed Mt. McKinley. Trapped in the Brooks Range - 126 miles of line, three hundred traps. Flown thousands of hours over more wilderness than you can dream of in a plane that needs 100 ft to take off on a boulder field with a moose on board.

This is just normal stuff for a guy that kind of likes the outdoors here. I have done expeditions, many times, and not just in the wilderness here - Three months in the upper Amazon. A month in remote tributaries of the Mekong in Laos. Siberia, Northwest Territories, Andes...

Because there actually are places a person can go to do real expeditions, alll over the world, and you can get fifty or a hundred miles from the nearst road without all that much effort via bushplane, 4-wheeler, track rig, boat, snow machine... all of which I can see from the window I am typing from this very moment. Because they're all mine and in less than one minute from stepping out my front door I am in the wilderness - the real thing, not some make-believe B.S.

I've shot a both a bear and a moose at my front door. I don't mean "from" the door, I mean the moose had his whole neck and head in my front room and the bear was trying to push the front door open so I opened it for him and greeted him with my .44 magnum. Wolves ate one of my dogs. If there actually are animals living around you then you don't have to go on an "expedition" to find them. They're eating your dog food, stealing your chickens, trampling your garden, and sometimes you shoot them dead in your underwear.

There again. "Plenty" of places to look. Bigfoot all over the place.

Except of course you have to go deep, deep into the legendary non-wilderness of your county (there is no wilderness in your county) to find them.

You apparently can't see the gross contradiction of having zero acreage in your county that is two miles from "human activity", but plenty of bigfoot upon that acreage. Mathematically, it approaches infinity bigfoot per acre.

By all means, show us a google earth shot of where you are talking about. Or a map. But of course, you won't. Not because you are protecting habitat, but because it doesn't exist. People who are protecting habitat like the Conservation societies in just about every state and county of the U.S. BUY land for habitat.
I'm sure you live in a great place. I love Alaska too. Without rolling off a list of places I can say I am a World traveler as well.

I happen to live in KY. That's where I hang my hat. We have a population of Bigfoot creatures here. I've seen them.

I have no idea where to look for one in Alaska, I'd have to do the research.
I have no idea why you haven't stumbled across one in your wilderness adventures? I only know that I have here.

Your argument seems to be that since Alaska is more remote, you should have found one by now? I really don't know. Where you are verses where I am really has nothing to do with the price of tea in China though does it?
Are they more likely to live in Alaska? I don't know.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2013, 07:51 PM   #327
eerok
Quixoticist

I happen to live in KY. That's where I hang my hat. We have a population of Bigfoot creatures here. I've seen them.
You might as tell us that you have leprechauns in your dishwater. How long will it take for you to realize that we simply don't believe you?

It's not bias on our part. We just want what you don't have and what you have already stated you have no interest in providing: unambiguous evidence. Words will not suffice.

Your argument seems to be that since Alaska is more remote, you should have found one by now? I really don't know. Where you are verses where I am really has nothing to do with the price of tea in China though does it?
The argument is that remote areas such as those that bears love are the perfect habitat for bigfoot. Not suburban KY.

Of course we don't know anything about bigfoot... because they don't exist. But rationally, if they were so intelligent and wanted to escape detection, they would go north, not skulk around back yards like bears at a dump.

Bigfoot are so smart and undetectable, and yet they are everywhere... but they are also nowhere. Everyone sees them and yet no one can find them. This doesn't sound like a fable to you?

Bigfoot "exist" anywhere there's a mind willing to consciously or unconsciously make them up. That's why we get sightings in suburban America. It's just a matter of time before they're spotted in Times Square.
Old 7th September 2013, 11:12 PM   #328
Chris L
Graduate Poster

I'm sure you live in a great place. I love Alaska too. Without rolling off a list of places I can say I am a World traveler as well.

I have no idea why you haven't stumbled across one in your wilderness adventures? I only know that I have here.

That's not his argument at all. What he is saying is that woodland creatures leave very definite traces (like their dead bodies) where ever they hang out. With BF, all we have are tall tales, fake foot prints, and photos of dark splotches in the woods. Yes there is reason to be skeptical.
Old 9th September 2013, 06:03 AM   #329
Drewbot
Philosopher

CBFRPKY-
I would venture that it probably wouldn't matter where you go. If it be the suburbs of Lousiville, the deepest valley in the Brooks Range of Alaska, the Eastern Edge of the Cascades, the once-decimated forests of Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio, or New York, or the western edge of Oklahoma, I would venture that YOU would think you saw a Bigfoot. Once you realize that the Bigfoot sighting is dependent upon the person seeing it, and NOT upon the remoteness of the land, or the darkness of the forest, I think you will realize that Bigfoot is not real. It is a real thing in your head, and in the heads of good storytellers, and narcoleptics the world-over, but not walking around in the margins of Farm fields in Kentucky. It ain't there. Despite your over-compensating for the remoteness of the wilderness there, the areas you are describing are little more than crossing points for white-tailed deer.

Here is the county that the 'one wolf' was shot in.
Does it look like a place where wolves live and breed?
<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;source=s_q&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp ;q=hart+county+ky&amp;aq=&amp;sll=37.72728,-85.814209&amp;sspn=2.932472,5.817261&amp;t=h&amp;i e=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Hart,+Kentucky&amp;ll=37. 31013,-85.848624&amp;spn=0.368653,0.727158&amp;z=11&amp;o utput=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;source=embed&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&a mp;q=hart+county+ky&amp;aq=&amp;sll=37.72728,-85.814209&amp;sspn=2.932472,5.817261&amp;t=h&amp;i e=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Hart,+Kentucky&amp;ll=37. 31013,-85.848624&amp;spn=0.368653,0.727158&amp;z=11" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

A wolf pack's minimum range is approx. 10-15 square miles. Is there one area in this county of Kentucky, that a range of approx. 3.5 miles x 3.5 miles is not intersected by a State or County Highway, or Interstate?
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2013, 02:23 AM   #330
Apology
This title intentionally left blank

Your position is completely understandable. One would think that some sort of fatal sickness (like Spanish flu you mentioned) would affect their population. Alot of Native Americans died as a result of Smallpox from what I understand.

These creature have a couple of things going for them though. Being remote from human populations would place a barrier of sorts between sick humans and themselves.

Another thing is their immune system. It'll likely be different than ours I suspect, so similar diseases that kill humans may have no effect on Bigfoot.
Remoteness from the human population wouldn't insulate all Bigfeet from all epidemics at all times. For instance, during the period of roughly 1845 through 1864 in the United States, Bigfoot wouldn't be able to predict where humankind was going to be at all. There was a great migration, a great deal of unrest, and a purposeful infiltration of areas where people generally didn't go during this timeframe. There was Manifest Destiny, a Gold Rush, and a couple of small foreign wars as well as one great big Civil one. There were people exploring and/or fleeing all over the place. Bigfoot would be hard pressed to know where to hide in order to avoid the general chaos and near-random movement of this time period.

In addition, there were a number of different epidemics, some of which crossed over species barriers, such as dysentery, which infects the water and kills across species barriers. If it drinks water and has intestines, dysentery can kill it. There are a lot of diseases and illnesses that can cross species barriers like this, so having differences in the immune system isn't enough to protect Bigfoot from all of these different diseases. Animals have their own epidemics, such as anthrax (which coincidentally also kills humans), so avoiding humans isn't enough to protect Bigfoot from disease and sudden death. Influenza type A is another disease that crosses species barriers, killing a variety of different types of animals as well as humans. To sum it up, attributing a superior immune system to Bigfoot that surpasses that not only of man, but also all other animals and living creatures, making Bigfoot (and only Bigfoot) immune to epidemics, is to attribute magical qualities to Bigfoot.
Apology is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2013, 09:49 AM   #331
STRONG LIKE BEAR
Thinker

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;source=s_q&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp ;q=hart+county+ky&amp;aq=&amp;sll=37.72728,-85.814209&amp;sspn=2.932472,5.817261&amp;t=h&amp;i e=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Hart,+Kentucky&amp;ll=37. 31013,-85.848624&amp;spn=0.368653,0.727158&amp;z=11&amp;o utput=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;source=embed&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&a mp;q=hart+county+ky&amp;aq=&amp;sll=37.72728,-85.814209&amp;sspn=2.932472,5.817261&amp;t=h&amp;i e=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Hart,+Kentucky&amp;ll=37. 31013,-85.848624&amp;spn=0.368653,0.727158&amp;z=11" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>
I think you have some scripting function of the forum blocked, or something. Double check that this forum is in your exceptions.. it would also explain your difficulties viewing embedded images as well
STRONG LIKE BEAR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2013, 10:48 AM   #332
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Apology View Post
Remoteness from the human population wouldn't insulate all Bigfeet from all epidemics at all times. For instance, during the period of roughly 1845 through 1864 in the United States, Bigfoot wouldn't be able to predict where humankind was going to be at all. There was a great migration, a great deal of unrest, and a purposeful infiltration of areas where people generally didn't go during this timeframe. There was Manifest Destiny, a Gold Rush, and a couple of small foreign wars as well as one great big Civil one. There were people exploring and/or fleeing all over the place. Bigfoot would be hard pressed to know where to hide in order to avoid the general chaos and near-random movement of this time period.

In addition, there were a number of different epidemics, some of which crossed over species barriers, such as dysentery, which infects the water and kills across species barriers. If it drinks water and has intestines, dysentery can kill it. There are a lot of diseases and illnesses that can cross species barriers like this, so having differences in the immune system isn't enough to protect Bigfoot from all of these different diseases. Animals have their own epidemics, such as anthrax (which coincidentally also kills humans), so avoiding humans isn't enough to protect Bigfoot from disease and sudden death. Influenza type A is another disease that crosses species barriers, killing a variety of different types of animals as well as humans. To sum it up, attributing a superior immune system to Bigfoot that surpasses that not only of man, but also all other animals and living creatures, making Bigfoot (and only Bigfoot) immune to epidemics, is to attribute magical qualities to Bigfoot.
There's nothing magical about a creature that doesn't have the same immune system as we do. If you inject yourself with HIV virus, sooner or later you will develop AIDS. If you likewise inject a Chimpanzee with HIV guess what, the chimp will never develop AIDS. Although it is still being argued, the Chimpanzee seems to be the closest living relative of man.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2013, 11:21 AM   #333
carlitos
"más divertido"

There's nothing magical about a creature that doesn't have the same immune system as we do. If you inject yourself with HIV virus, sooner or later you will develop AIDS. If you likewise inject a Chimpanzee with HIV guess what, the chimp will never develop AIDS. Although it is still being argued, the Chimpanzee seems to be the closest living relative of man.
You seem to have missed this sentence in the paragraphs you quoted:

Quote:
If it drinks water and has intestines, dysentery can kill it.
Dysentery is not at all comparable to HIV / AIDS. It's not comparable to "injecting you with a virus." It's a bacteria or amoeba in your intestines, probably from contaminated water or food. Bigfoot could get dysentery just like you, me, cows, pigs, sheep...
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2013, 03:04 PM   #334
eerok
Quixoticist

There's nothing magical about a creature that doesn't have the same immune system as we do.
Everything is magical about a mythical creature who is claimed to have skulked around humans for so long without ever having been verified to exist. You can imagine and speculate all you like, but there's no bigfoot at hand to test any of your guesses on, and the smart money is on the conclusion that there never will be.
Old 17th September 2013, 04:33 PM   #335
EHocking
Philosopher

This is incorrect. It is not illogical that a chimpanzee can develop AIDS from HIV, since the origin of HIV was most likely SIV (Simian Immunodeficiency Virus).
Infected With Human Virus, A Chimpanzee Develops AIDS
By LAWRENCE K. ALTMAN, Published: January 31, 1996
Your assertion that bigfoot is unlikely to have been affected by viral epidemics that wiped out human populations is not supported by the incorrect assertion that primates with similar immune systems (e.g., chimpanzees) are not affected by human viruses.

Indeed Baboons can be infected with HIV and they are even further away from humans in the primate tree.

A closed mouth gathers no feet"
"Ignorance is a renewable resource" P.J.O'Rourke
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2013, 06:02 PM   #336
Jodie
Philosopher

Not to digress or anything but chimps do develop AIDS.

http://www.nature.com/news/2009/0907....2009.711.html
"When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown, the dream is gone. I have become comfortably numb. " Pink Floyd
Jodie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2013, 07:31 PM   #337
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

As I said in the other thread, you have to wonder about an outdoorsman who can clearly see and identify a creature in the woods, but can't get a decent picture of what he can clearly see.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2013, 09:02 PM   #338
GT/CS
Illuminator

If bigfoots were able to mate with humans they were certainly able to catch the same diseases.
Old 18th September 2013, 05:48 PM   #339
Drs_Res
NWO Acorn Hoarder

Hey, just 'cause they can mate with us, don't mean they gonna cause young'uns to come into existence.
Old 18th September 2013, 08:06 PM   #340
Jodie
Philosopher

It depends, it might not express exactly the same way in non human primates versus humans.
"When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown, the dream is gone. I have become comfortably numb. " Pink Floyd
Jodie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2013, 03:51 PM   #341
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
It depends, it might not express exactly the same way in non human primates versus humans.
Whether it does or not is really no longer important.

It has been pretty clearly demonstrated that this argument against a human viral epidemic being a threat to another primate.
Your position is completely understandable. One would think that some sort of fatal sickness (like Spanish flu you mentioned) would affect their population. Alot of Native Americans died as a result of Smallpox from what I understand.

These creature have a couple of things going for them though. Being remote from human populations would place a barrier of sorts between sick humans and themselves.

Another thing is their immune system. It'll likely be different than ours I suspect, so similar diseases that kill humans may have no effect on Bigfoot....
... is weak or nonexistent.

Futher, the current DNA claims seem to be that bf are partly human

A closed mouth gathers no feet"
"Ignorance is a renewable resource" P.J.O'Rourke
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2013, 05:04 PM   #342
GT/CS
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Drs_Res View Post
Hey, just 'cause they can mate with us, don't mean they gonna cause young'uns to come into existence.
Apparently you haven't heard of Patrick.
http://www.examiner.com/article/rhet...bigfoot-hybrid
Old 20th September 2013, 08:36 AM   #343
elkabong51
Scholar

Hello, Rhettman.

Just another attention-seeking goofball feeding off the Bigfoot gravy train. Is that too harsh?
elkabong51 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2013, 12:20 PM   #344
dafydd
Banned

There's nothing magical about a creature that doesn't have the same immune system as we do.
There is something magical about a creature that leaves no evidence of its existence and causes all cameras to tale blurred photographs.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2016, 11:21 AM   #345
Tontar
Thinker

Originally Posted by HarryHenderson View Post
The hilarity is you thinking you're trying to convince us of something. You're just trying to convince yourself. Why else come to this vast wasteland of Buzz Killington skeptics, known to have zero respect for your Bigfoot idol Bill Munns? And then make over 100 posts in less than a week's time defending him and Bigfoot? FTR I post less in an entire year. It's as if Bigfoot's cosmic license to exist depends solely on the amount of BIF™ (Bigfoot Intestinal Fortitude™) you can sustain in a hostile environment. That is, if you can endure the JREF hell and come out the other end perhaps scathed but still bleevin, then Bigfoot LIVES!

"If we can just get enough of us to say it, it's gotta be true."

Earlier you offered "...If you live nearby and wish to go out trekking let's go. I'm not for hire and I don't make deliveries. If you wanna solve the bigfoot mystery for yourself you'll need to put in the time and mileage trekking to do so. I have a great area available and you are welcome. Or you can sit by your computer and continue thinking someone should solve the mystery for you. I won't. But if you agree to put in say 18 months or so of effort there's a very good chance you'll solve it for yourself..."

Seriously? Are you just practicing your Amway pitch to a new audience? Apparently I'm unworthy of knowing the Bigfoot Truth™ unless I prove it by going through 18 months (not 6 or 12? Days?) of Bigfoot Monk rituals like driving in circles late at night yelling Bigfoot's name howl in vain whilst trying to capture actual Bigfoot farts with a fishing net and some Jim Beam? With a regular recitation of the Bigfooter's Pledge of Bigfoot Allegiance To Love This Bar thrown in for good measure? The question is, after 18 months of all that would I come back with a.) A whole body specimen, dead or alive, b.) Hair clippings? c.) A Real® Bigfoot Turd in a sealed glass jar? d.) Just another out of focus picture of a Real® Bigfoot turd in a sealed glass jar?

"The Letter D for $1,000 Alex."

Then you wrote, "...The easy way is to just deny everything and never make the effort to solve the mystery. If that's for you that's great. I'm of a different opinion."

Yes of course, how could I be so obtuse, it's me who's in denial.

So I'll ask again, do you have any ******* clue (or a regular clue too) how to genuinely shut us all up? That doesn't actually involve any of us and creepy late night Bigfoot Round-ups in rural Kentucky?
There's so much good stuff here. I need to stop hanging out other places.

I was doing a webbernet search trying to find descriptions of the NAWAC wood chimps because the NAWAC spokespersons have presumably been told not to speak fast and loose in public anymore because they got in a lot of hot water with the bosses last time they did, and instead of finding their descriptions of 8 foot tall American chimps, I found this nugget of wisdom. Reading it, my tension melted away. Thank you for reality!!!
Tontar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2016, 04:50 AM   #346
The Shrike
Philosopher

Harry has delivered some epic rants through the years, and that's a great one.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2016, 04:57 PM   #347
crhkrebs
Muse

I still try though. I have better equipment now, just need the hairy ones to cooperate with another close up encounter.
That's always the trouble with imaginary creatures............they have imaginary cooperation.
crhkrebs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2016, 05:24 PM   #348
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Anybody seen one?

Was he snoopin' around?
Old 29th May 2016, 06:36 PM   #349
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Anybody seen one?

Was he snoopin' around?
I saw one today. At the Jack Link's outlet store. He was cardboard.

I am supremely confident my sighting was vastly more legitimate than any at the BFRO or BFF.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2016, 04:17 AM   #350
The Shrike
Philosopher

Maybe some new Memorial Day footage will be captured today. It's starting to look like there might not actually such a thing as bigfootses.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2016, 07:01 AM   #351
BayWatcher
Scholar

Have the footers slowed down on their "researchin"?
BayWatcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2016, 01:23 AM   #352
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Anyone in the UK seen this yet? http://www.channel4.com/programmes/y...mo=coming_soon

Yeti: Myth, Man or Beast?

It was screened on Sunday, I think, but I watched it on Four-Seven last night. I quite enjoyed it. It seemed to pick up from the last Mark Evans-presented show, also from Channel 4, in which Prof. Sykes did his controversial testing.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2016, 10:58 PM   #353
tube
Muse

An admirably skeptical podcast segment on Bigfoot from Joe Rogan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3LUiucjgik

(Bigfoot) evidence doesn't look better on deeper analysis, it looks worse. David Daegling

The Bigfoot hypothesis is tested daily.
tube is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2016, 12:37 PM   #354
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by tube View Post
An admirably skeptical podcast segment on Bigfoot from Joe Rogan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3LUiucjgik
Wow! This is great.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2016, 07:39 AM   #355
Drewbot
Philosopher

DRONE CAPTURES BIGFOOT ON VIDEO?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjntJhM0Zxk
Old 14th June 2016, 05:45 PM   #356
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

The guy admitted to a hoax using a very crude and laughable costume.
Old 15th June 2016, 05:58 AM   #357
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
The guy admitted to a hoax using a very crude and laughable costume.
Yes-
Here is the video of the hoax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIF_LnEST7o
Old 15th June 2016, 08:27 AM   #358
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Weren't people saying that this was supposed to rival the PGF? Just goes to show how much imagination is involved when it comes to Bigfoot footage, hence why nobody "studying" the PGF and coming to an "it's real" conclusion can ever be trusted or given any credence whatsoever.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2016, 04:31 PM   #359
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

The thing that set this video apart from all the others was how they filmed bigfoot from the "sweet spot" - It has to be filmed far enough to obscure that it is a suit but close enough to appear hominid.

It gains credibility compared to all those close-up high definition videos of bigfoot.
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2016, 04:09 AM   #360
Rincewind
Philosopher

I realise that this is possibly a silly question - but did anybody take this seriously?
Rincewind is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal