ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags domestic violence , keith ellison , Minnesota politics

Old 15th August 2018, 04:02 PM   #41
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
He should drink Schmidt Beer, be able to talk about the '92 World Series, Kirby Puckett's game six home run, Jack Morris' gem in game seven, and of course Chuck Knoblauch's decoy throw to freeze Lonnie Smith and save the run...
'91 World Series you mean. Definitely one of the greatest game sevens of all time--right up there with 1960, 1975, and 2001.

Last edited by Brainster; 15th August 2018 at 04:05 PM.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2018, 04:07 PM   #42
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by d4m10n View Post
This could be a glorious trainwreck come November. If more evidence comes out, liberals may have to choose between #winning and #metoo.
Keep in mind that it's for state AG, not a crucial spot.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2018, 09:21 PM   #43
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
He should drink Schmidt Beer, be able to talk about the '92 World Series, Kirby Puckett's game six home run, Jack Morris' gem in game seven, and of course Chuck Knoblauch's decoy throw to freeze Lonnie Smith and save the run...
As they'd say up in Fargo.... "I'm thinking yer not from 'round here, are ya?"

Ellison is a Muslim. And Schmidt's beer has been out of business for decades.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:33 AM   #44
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
As they'd say up in Fargo.... "I'm thinking yer not from 'round here, are ya?"

Ellison is a Muslim. And Schmidt's beer has been out of business for decades.
And was based out of Philadelphia.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:34 AM   #45
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Hamms was the big, Minnesota made beer.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:36 AM   #46
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Keep in mind that it's for state AG, not a crucial spot.
But it could gain national...and international attention...if it's gets nasty.
And I am afraid that the GOP will go after Ellison because of his religion.
It's not like using bigotry as a weapon is unknown to the new GOP.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:33 AM   #47
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
But it could gain national...and international attention...if it's gets nasty.
And I am afraid that the GOP will go after Ellison because of his religion.
It's not like using bigotry as a weapon is unknown to the new GOP.
Yes, they'll go after his religion, I am sure. After all it's not like he's got any other skeletons in his closet. Well, other than the one we are discussing. But I don't think the GOP can spend the next two months talking about Ellison beating up a woman. It would be tacky.
Old Yesterday, 11:51 AM   #48
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Yes, they'll go after his religion, I am sure. After all it's not like he's got any other skeletons in his closet. Well, other than the one we are discussing. But I don't think the GOP can spend the next two months talking about Ellison beating up a woman. It would be tacky.
Cain?

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:03 PM   #49
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

If the wife beating charges against Ellison are true, then I hope the Dems in Minnesota demand that he resign and wipe their hands of him. I won't be a hypocrite on this issue.

Robert Heinlein.
Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM   #50
d4m10n
Illuminator

If the wife beating charges against Ellison are true, then I hope the Dems in Minnesota demand that he resign and wipe their hands of him. I won't be a hypocrite on this issue.
*gf
d4m10n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM   #51
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by d4m10n View Post
*gf
You are right, my bad.

Robert Heinlein.
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM   #52
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
And was based out of Philadelphia.
Pesky damned apostrophe s. Schmidt's was from Philly. Schmidt was from Minneapolis.

Hamms was the big, Minnesota made beer.
Yeah, Schmidt actually worked for Hamms. (But Schmidt was the one mentioned.) It matters not. By the time I discovered 'em they both tasted like Miller Lite.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM   #53
Bob001
Philosopher

The ex-girlfriend (not wife) has now described on camera what she says is the assault and she says she has the video. Starting to look like more than gossip.
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/...ex-girlfriend/
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:43 AM   #54
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
The ex-girlfriend (not wife) has now described on camera what she says is the assault and she says she has the video. Starting to look like more than gossip.
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/...ex-girlfriend/
Yep! The DFL needs to "not confirm" him and put forth another candidate. I think the second place vote getter is an old party hand and if they act immediately, they might save the position. If they dawdle they could impact the whole election. They're favored to win the Governor's Mansion but if seen to be circling the wagons, they could easily lose. MN is about as purple a state as you can find.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics