ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 27th October 2008, 07:47 PM   #1
Matty1973
Critical Thinker

Atheist bus: What were the religious adverts?

I have donated to the atheist bus campaign and was discussing it with a friend who has religious beliefs. He asked what the religious bus adverts were that this campaign is in retaliation to. I did see some driving around London a while ago but don't remember what they actually were. Can anyone help?

Here I what I've found via google:

Jesus said: I am the resurrection, and the life. Whoever believes in Me will live. here

and another that is not complete
Jesus said: When ...... he find Faith o..... here

From other threads it sounds like there are more prominent adverts on buses in the US. I would be interested to hear what these are like.
Matty1973 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2008, 07:53 PM   #2
Matty1973
Critical Thinker

According the woman who started the atheist campaign this is another:

"When the son of man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" (Luke 18:8) here
Matty1973 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2008, 09:17 PM   #3
slingblade

Originally Posted by Matty1973 View Post
"When the son of man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"
No. Just a sticky stain on the sheets.
slingblade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy