ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Kentucky incidents , mass shootings , school shootings , shooting incidents

Old 12th February 2020, 06:17 PM   #1761
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
Sorry. I thought it was three.

If it was we'd need a bigger Internet.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2020, 06:53 PM   #1762
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

And it's entirely the fault of Elijah Cummings, of course.
Old 13th February 2020, 05:47 AM   #1763
LibraryLady
Emeritus

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
And it's entirely the fault of Elijah Cummings, of course.
Nope. This one's on Ben Cardin.
Old 16th February 2020, 08:48 AM   #1764
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

CNN: 1 person is killed, 4 others hurt in Hartford, Connecticut nightclub shooting.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/16/us/ha...ing/index.html
Old 19th February 2020, 06:14 PM   #1765
LibraryLady
Emeritus

Oh dear god.
Old 19th February 2020, 09:18 PM   #1766
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
Update -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...cfb_story.html

bpw;dr -

Two hookah bars attacked, 8 dead in what appears to be a hate crime, though authorities are stopping short of calling it that just yet.

The better you get, the harder you work.
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2020, 01:39 AM   #1767
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

In case you've gotten caught by the WaPo's paywall, here's an updated BBC article about the Germany shootings.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2020, 02:14 AM   #1768
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

A local media site says a video has been found that the alleged shooter posted to the internet recently. The site's (machine-translated from German) description:

Quote:
In the video, the man speaks in fluent English of a "personal message to all Americans." The clip was apparently taken in a private apartment, which was posted online a few days ago. In it, the man says there are underground military facilities in the Us where children are abused and killed. There, too, the devil would be worshipped. American citizens should wake up and "fight now" against these conditions. The video does not contain any reference to an imminent act of violence in Germany.
If this is true, the man appears to be a Qnut.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:19 PM   #1769
gerdbonk
Penultimate Amazing

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula
Breaking

Fired employee kills 'multiple' people in shooting at MillerCoors building in Milwaukee, officials say

Disavow any knowledge of my twitter here.
gerdbonk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:22 PM   #1770
gerdbonk
Penultimate Amazing

Multiple dead including the shooter.

gerdbonk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:30 PM   #1771
gerdbonk
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
The employee had been fired earlier Wednesday and returned to the site with a gun, officials said, citing preliminary information.

At least eight people were shot in the attack, officials said. Their conditions are not yet known.

Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM   #1772
Cain
Straussian

'Merica, **** yeah!
Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM   #1773
gerdbonk
Penultimate Amazing

Five killed in shooting at Molson Coors complex in Milwaukee; gunman also dead

Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM   #1774
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by gerdbonk View Post
It's because of losers like this that the jerks who fired me last year wouldn't let me clean out my desk.

In reality I might have laughed, or even burst into song, but because of losers like this guy they have to treat everyone like they might go postal.
Meadmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM   #1775
Cain
Straussian

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
It's because of losers like this that the jerks who fired me last year wouldn't let me clean out my desk.

In reality I might have laughed, or even burst into song, but because of losers like this guy they have to treat everyone like they might go postal.
They wouldn't even let you clean out your desk? That's crazy. You should've come back with a gun.
Old Yesterday, 11:40 PM   #1776
crackers
Muse

Is that even legal? Sounds like they basically stole whatever personal property you had in your desk. I used to keep money in my desk, in case I needed to contribute to somebody’s retirement gift or something like that.
crackers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:42 AM   #1777
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by crackers View Post
Is that even legal? Sounds like they basically stole whatever personal property you had in your desk. I used to keep money in my desk, in case I needed to contribute to somebody’s retirement gift or something like that.
They put it in a box and gave me the box.

There are things you are tempted to say, but know it's a bad idea. Like I was thinking about saying, " Don't worry about me. I have plenty of things to do. It's been a long time since I cleaned my gun collection."

However, no good could come of it, so I just wished them good luck.

It is horrible that in the USA it seems fairly reasonable that they would. take what few measures they can, because, as this most recent episode shows again, someone really might go on a murder spree if they feel wronged.
Meadmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:04 AM   #1778
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Even if the US isn't prepared to implement gun control then perhaps improving workers' rights might reduce the number of "going postal" incidents.
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:04 AM   #1779
Lothian
should be banned

They put it in a box and gave me the box.

There are things you are tempted to say, but know it's a bad idea. Like I was thinking about saying, " Don't worry about me. I have plenty of things to do. It's been a long time since I cleaned my gun collection."

However, no good could come of it, so I just wished them good luck.

It is horrible that in the USA it seems fairly reasonable that they would. take what few measures they can, because, as this most recent episode shows again, someone really might go on a murder spree if they feel wronged.
I would have thought in America, to mitigate the risk of an anrgy ex-worker, it would be best when firing someone to literally fire at them. Dead men don't wear grudges
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events