ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 31st December 2019, 12:55 PM   #41
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
Because you posted this I assume you may believe this fantasy
Looking at 'body of work' I would day sarcasm.
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2019, 12:55 PM   #42
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Right, in the middle of a collapsing building(s) someone is going to go out and plant evidence. Because you posted this I assume you may believe this fantasy, but in the real world how is this to be accomplished without anyone noticing? Or why hasn't a whistle blower and come forth proclaiming responsibility for planting anything?
Oh wait I know the government death squads. LOL
Pretty sure, given his first post in this thread, that Deadie was being facetious. It does illustrate something about CT-driven thought, though, doesn't it? when you can't tell the difference between someone saying something silly facetiously and someone else saying something just as silly seriously...

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2019, 01:13 PM   #43
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Looking at 'body of work' I would day sarcasm.

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
Pretty sure, given his first post in this thread, that Deadie was being facetious. It does illustrate something about CT-driven thought, though, doesn't it? when you can't tell the difference between someone saying something silly facetiously and someone else saying something just as silly seriously...
I see nothing that would pass the smell test of sarcasm, but if it would then what would be the purpose? Trollish behavior to elicit a comment?
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2019, 01:16 PM   #44
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

So, he says knowing he will never get an answer from the OP, is there... a reason they choose this incredibly convoluted method?

Surely the evil NWO Illuminati Lizard People Government could crash a flew planes.

What did this method accomplish for them that just... committing the attacks wouldn't?
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2019, 01:21 PM   #45
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

I see nothing that would pass the smell test of sarcasm, but if it would then what would be the purpose? Trollish behavior to elicit a comment?
Comment from the OP
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2019, 01:26 PM   #46
Deadie
Scholar

Hence the power of poe's law. I'm not at all the only person in this thread having a go for the sake of fun fyi. "Plane shaped missiles" didn't tip you off?

This used to be more enjoyable when the op's engaged in the discussion.

Last edited by Deadie; 31st December 2019 at 01:27 PM.
Deadie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2019, 01:28 PM   #47
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

I think your lack of posting history told against you
Old 31st December 2019, 01:30 PM   #48
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

We shouldn't have to check people's character sheets to know if we should respond to inanity one way or the other.

Having to keep track of who's an idiot, who's a troll, and who's an amazing performance art subtle deconstruction of a troll is and the list of unofficial rules as to how we have to respond to each getting tiresome.

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 31st December 2019 at 01:34 PM.
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2019, 01:33 PM   #49
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Deadie View Post
Hundreds? This is lower Manhatten during morning commute. We're talking 10s of thousands or more pairs of eyeballs.

Clearly, each and every person that claims to have seen anything is a crisis actor.

Question for the op: Do we know the location, size and power of the speakers used to broadcast the sound of passenger jets that would have flown at that low altitude?
Oh, right, you are new.

The OP believe that missiles were used to create all of those "apparent" plane shaped holes by means of an unfeasible amount of precision accuracy. Or occasionally, it was nukes planted in the buildings when they were built, or make up whatever you want. He does.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2019, 01:34 PM   #50
Deadie
Scholar

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
We shouldn't have to check people's character sheets to know if we should respond to inanity one way or the other.

Having to keep track of who's an idiot, who's a troll, and who's an amazing performance art subtle deconstruction of a troll is getting tiresome.
Ok, this is a legitimate and fair point and I apologize to anyone confused about my bad attempt at humor.
Deadie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2019, 01:50 PM   #51
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Deadie View Post
Ok, this is a legitimate and fair point and I apologize to anyone confused about my bad attempt at humor.
Here's my take on this, I see nothing humorous concerning this event and I take it to heart that people attempting to defend a position of fraud/hoax during the events of 9/11 should be dealt with severely.

And your apology is accepted by me, but such apologies should never have been made or accepted in the first place.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2019, 01:55 PM   #52
carlitos
"más divertido"

This subforum isn't only to discuss the serious event, it's to discuss the often-amusing misadventures of conspiracy theorists.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2019, 01:56 PM   #53
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
This subforum isn't only to discuss the serious event, it's to discuss the often-amusing misadventures of conspiracy theorists.
You lighten up
Old 31st December 2019, 02:49 PM   #54
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Here's my take on this, I see nothing humorous concerning this event and I take it to heart that people attempting to defend a position of fraud/hoax during the events of 9/11 should be dealt with severely.
The event itself? Of course not. Roughly 3,000 people died because of 19 religious zealots. That is and never will be a matter of mockery.

Yankee's bizarre crap is an entirely different matter. I have no issue mocking that astonishing pile of crap CT delusion at all.

And your apology is accepted by me, but such apologies should never have been made or accepted in the first place.
Credit where it is due. It would never have happened if some random people did not post utter crankery about 911.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2019, 03:18 PM   #55
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

So all the airplane pieces that are in the museum are CGIed??

The CTs really need to look at evidence not fantasy beliefs.
But how can you prove that these pieces really came from a plane, does this look like a plane to you?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JetWreckage.jpg (20.9 KB, 11 views)

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2019, 03:22 PM   #56
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
But how can you prove that these pieces really came from a plane, does this look like a plane to you?
Not a plane but a piece of an airplane fuselage.
Old 31st December 2019, 03:51 PM   #57
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

All explained here (courtesy of The Skeptics Society):

Skeptic Presents: You Can't Handle The Truther

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 31st December 2019, 04:12 PM   #58
Dr.Sid
Master Poster

Not a plane but a piece of an airplane fuselage.
It's green. You know what else is green ? Military stuff. It's clearly a misille.
Dr.Sid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2019, 04:21 PM   #59
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

For anyone wondering about the providence of the piece, it was on display in the NYPD Museum's 9/11 exhibit in 2008.

Here's the display it was in. And yes they are my own photos from my trip there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NYPD_Museum.jpg (37.0 KB, 12 views)

I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2019, 04:27 PM   #60
Axxman300
Illuminator

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
I have been to New York. It certainly appeared to be a real place. OTOH, I did a lot of my "traveling" there on what appeared to be an underground rail system. While on these alleged trains, I spent a lot of time in the dark, and it was pretty difficult to tell what direction I was traveling, how fast I was going, etc., and the stations all looked pretty much the same until I went up the stairs to the outside world, so I can't completely rule out the possibility that it was all an extremely complex hoax, with tens of thousand of stage hands rearranging the sets while I was supposedly traveling on the "underground trains".
Manhattan is obviously a Reptilian hologram. It's not a real island, it's a massive alien spaceship. All of those bridges and tunnels are just gateways into a giant matrix where everyone is sedated and plugged into a Reptilian computer and have no knowledge that they are being probed and are having their DNA extracted in order to recreate humanity in a distant galaxy.

Seriously, why do you think the Indians sold it so damned cheap?
Old 31st December 2019, 04:31 PM   #61
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Manhattan is obviously a Reptilian hologram. It's not a real island, it's a massive alien spaceship. All of those bridges and tunnels are just gateways into a giant matrix where everyone is sedated and plugged into a Reptilian computer and have no knowledge that they are being probed and are having their DNA extracted in order to recreate humanity in a distant galaxy.

Seriously, why do you think the Indians sold it so damned cheap?
Probably cause they weren't actually Indians, given they weren't in India.

Old 31st December 2019, 04:34 PM   #62
Axxman300
Illuminator

Probably cause they weren't actually Indians, given they weren't in India.
Or were they? Just asking questions.
Old 31st December 2019, 04:40 PM   #63
yankee451
Master Poster

And what do you think of all the forensic evidence from the planes?
How does that change the evidence in the impact holes? (It doesn't). It has been five years but the evidence that makes the plane parts moot hasn't changed a bit. Neither has this forum's steadfast refusal to address it.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2019, 04:48 PM   #64
Axxman300
Illuminator

I agree but in the case of Yankee the most severe reaction which gets the most mileage is ridicule. I'm sure you've read his other threads, when anyone attempts to debate him on the liquid merits of his claims he blows smoke, moves the goal posts, and accuses us of either being CIA shills or mindless fools.

Making jokes at his expense on the other hand gets to him.

We're not talking about remote controlled aircraft and plastic explosives with this guy, we're talking hardcore No Planes/No Twin Towers/No dead bodies. How can you debate these concepts with a straight face?

I don't think 9-11 was funny but Yankee's OP along with his other intellectually inbred posts are a laugh riot. Okay, maybe I should feel sorry for him because he's suffering from some neurological impairment or possibly sun-downing but without evidence for those situations I have to take him at face value. I spend almost half my life as a CTist myself, I have been in meetings where much crazier theories have been advanced by people who are otherwise sane who work in good professions.
Old 31st December 2019, 04:49 PM   #65
curious cat
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Dr.Sid View Post
It's green. You know what else is green ? Military stuff. It's clearly a misille.
See? Gotcha again!
curious cat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2019, 04:49 PM   #66
Axxman300
Illuminator

Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
How does that change the evidence in the impact holes? (It doesn't). It has been five years but the evidence that makes the plane parts moot hasn't changed a bit. Neither has this forum's steadfast refusal to address it.
See what I mean?
Old 31st December 2019, 04:55 PM   #67
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
I agree but in the case of Yankee the most severe reaction which gets the most mileage is ridicule. I'm sure you've read his other threads, when anyone attempts to debate him on the liquid merits of his claims he blows smoke, moves the goal posts, and accuses us of either being CIA shills or mindless fools.

Making jokes at his expense on the other hand gets to him.

We're not talking about remote controlled aircraft and plastic explosives with this guy, we're talking hardcore No Planes/No Twin Towers/No dead bodies. How can you debate these concepts with a straight face?

I don't think 9-11 was funny but Yankee's OP along with his other intellectually inbred posts are a laugh riot. Okay, maybe I should feel sorry for him because he's suffering from some neurological impairment or possibly sun-downing but without evidence for those situations I have to take him at face value. I spend almost half my life as a CTist myself, I have been in meetings where much crazier theories have been advanced by people who are otherwise sane who work in good professions.
I like jokes. That's why I'm here.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2019, 04:57 PM   #68
DuvalHMFIC
Graduate Poster

I really, really want to photoshop "Yes, this is part of a plane" onto that picture
Old 31st December 2019, 04:59 PM   #69
yankee451
Master Poster

Why, look at that. Still moderated. The truth hurts.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=271571
Old 31st December 2019, 04:59 PM   #70
bknight
Master Poster

For the benefit of everyone list the evidence that makes the plane parts moot.
Don't post links your page(s), just list the evidence.

Last edited by bknight; 31st December 2019 at 05:01 PM.
Old 31st December 2019, 05:03 PM   #71
yankee451
Master Poster

For anyone wondering about the providence of the piece, it was on display in the NYPD Museum's 9/11 exhibit in 2008.

Here's the display it was in. And yes they are my own photos from my trip there.
Oh yes. Concrete that flowed like lava. Snicker.

I tried to discuss that canard here too, but alas, the conversation had so many skeptics foaming at the mouth it too had to be moderated. And remains so. The truth hurts.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=252571
Old 31st December 2019, 05:06 PM   #72
yankee451
Master Poster

For the benefit of everyone list the evidence that makes the plane parts moot.
Don't post links your page(s), just list the evidence.

Danced about ad nasea here:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=271571

Last edited by yankee451; 31st December 2019 at 05:07 PM.
Old 31st December 2019, 05:11 PM   #73
bknight
Master Poster

And what is the point you are trying to make? No links, just words here.
Old 31st December 2019, 05:13 PM   #74
curious cat
Critical Thinker

Right, in the middle of a collapsing building(s) someone is going to go out and plant evidence. Because you posted this I assume you may believe this fantasy, but in the real world how is this to be accomplished without anyone noticing? Or why hasn't a whistle blower and come forth proclaiming responsibility for planting anything?
Oh wait I know the government death squads. LOL
It is sad how you are underestimating the perpetrators of this crime, silly...
Don't you know THEY have superhuman powers, unlimited resources at their disposal, use alien technology and can manipulate the brains of masses? How can you be so blind? There are proofs of it everywhere - just look at the chemtrails! I wouldn't be surprised you actually believe the Earth is round too!
curious cat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2019, 05:24 PM   #75
yankee451
Master Poster

And what is the point you are trying to make? No links, just words here.
At the far left of both impact holes, by itself the lightly damaged cladding is proof a 767's wing tip wasn't responsible.

A few feet away from the lightly damage aluminum sheeting are heavily damaged steel columns that were impacted from the side, in a completely different direction than the jet was traveling.

On the ninth column from the left is an inward blasting hole, nowhere near where the alleged jet engine impacted.

Something, or some things, struck from the side. Therefore what we were shown on television cannot have been responsible. There are many more details discussed in the moderated post, and of course on my site.

Last edited by yankee451; 31st December 2019 at 05:27 PM.
Old 31st December 2019, 05:25 PM   #76
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by curious cat View Post
It is sad how you are underestimating the perpetrators of this crime, silly...
Don't you know THEY have superhuman powers, unlimited resources at their disposal
Yes. They can make very smart people believe impossible things.
Old 31st December 2019, 05:36 PM   #77
bknight
Master Poster

At the far left of both impact holes, by itself the lightly damaged cladding is proof a 767's wing tip wasn't responsible.

A few feet away from the lightly damage aluminum sheeting are heavily damaged steel columns that they were impacted from the side, in a completely different direction than the jet was traveling.
You are of course a forensic damage expert that can differentiate how/why damage occurs as the plane impacts the, please list your qualifications and training.
Quote:

On the ninth column from the left is an inward blasting hole, nowhere near where the alleged jet engine impacted.
Please show a graphic to prove your allegation
Quote:

Something, or some things, struck from the side. Therefore what we were shown on television cannot have been responsible. There are many more details discussed in the moderated post, and of course on my site.
You know there was live TV for all to see a plane approaching the south tower other views show the airplane slamming into the tower. Where do you claim that a that it could not be responsible.
Old 31st December 2019, 05:40 PM   #78
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Yes. They can make very smart people believe impossible things.
Wouldn't it be easier to just crash planes into things, if that's the impression they were trying to create?
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2019, 05:41 PM   #79
yankee451
Master Poster

You are of course a forensic damage expert that can differentiate how/why damage occurs as the plane impacts the, please list your qualifications and training.
Please show a graphic to prove your allegation

You know there was live TV for all to see a plane approaching the south tower other views show the airplane slamming into the tower. Where do you claim that a that it could not be responsible.
I am capable of doing my own thinking. If that makes me an expert, then so be it. If you require an expert to do your thinking for you, then you'll have to take my word for it.

All the views of the "live" impact were capturing the north face of the North Tower. None of them caught the "crash." Those that do show the crash were not broadcast live.

Last edited by yankee451; 31st December 2019 at 05:43 PM.
Old 31st December 2019, 05:42 PM   #80
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Wouldn't it be easier to just crash planes into things, if that's the impression they were trying to create?
If planes could do such things, there would be no need for missiles. Furthermore, if a plane did such a thing, the damage evidence would be consistent with it.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories