ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2016 elections , donald trump , racism charges , Trump campaign , Trump supporters

Old 7th November 2016, 11:05 AM   #481
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
So cannibalism is priority number 1? I guess those movies were right about country people, they really are all inbred cannibals at least by their goals.

We would only eat the libs!
They're usually fat and ugly.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2016, 11:07 AM   #482
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

So cannibalism is priority number 1? I guess those movies were right about country people, they really are all inbred cannibals at least by their goals.
So I'm not the only one with images of The Road popping into my head reading this apocalyptic bragfest.
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2016, 11:13 AM   #483
Jrrarglblarg

Originally Posted by logger View Post

Yes I know, and no I'm not going to knock it off, when you can post something from the right, I'll maybe believe you.

How the hell is that? We haven't discussed duration or severity.

It was only a general statement!
I've never said I was a right winger either. Pay attention. I'm an armed Buddhist. My first DD214 was carved on tree bark with a sharp rock, and I've enlisted twice to defend the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Narrow minded binary party-idolatry is not an ideological framework for grownup thinking, it's letting others do your thinking for you. I don't stand on enery plank in the republican platform, or the democratic platform. I registered Green for Gore as a low value statistical protest, then registered Republican for McCain, same logic.

Now if you don't mind, I'll report you the next time you call me a *********** leftist.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2016, 11:49 AM   #484
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Jrrarglblarg View Post
I've never said I was a right winger either. Pay attention. I'm an armed Buddhist. My first DD214 was carved on tree bark with a sharp rock, and I've enlisted twice to defend the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic.
I never said you were, but most moderates agree with some things on the right and some things on the left.
Quote:
Narrow minded binary party-idolatry is not an ideological framework for grownup thinking, it's letting others do your thinking for you. I don't stand on enery plank in the republican platform, or the democratic platform. I registered Green for Gore as a low value statistical protest, then registered Republican for McCain, same logic.
Being grownup is being strong in core beliefs, if you can go from Gore to McCain and back to Hillary, you're a bit out of focus.

McCain and Gore don't really agree on much, it shows your beliefs blow with the wind.
Quote:
Now if you don't mind, I'll report you the next time you call me a *********** leftist.
I double dog dare you!
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2016, 12:02 PM   #485
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

I never said you were, but most moderates agree with some things on the right and some things on the left.

Being grownup is being strong in core beliefs, if you can go from Gore to McCain and back to Hillary, you're a bit out of focus.

McCain and Gore don't really agree on much, it shows your beliefs blow with the wind.

I double dog dare you!
I guess Trump is not a grownup according to your standards. Got it. And the personal attacks continue.

How about Trump's little stormtroopers?

Signed,

A Conservative. And strong in my core beliefs.
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2016, 12:26 PM   #486
Jrrarglblarg

TrumpTrooper Update:

As mentioned upthread I answered Trump's clarion call to get out and watch the polls. I started by contacting team Trump, who sent my data to the chair of of the Republican Party office in my county. They provided a training session, plus we, official Poll Watchers, are required to take an online course from the Colorado Secretary of State. The GOP office then scheduled us to Watch in various locations.

On Saturday I took my two certifications to the county clerk and recorder building where the actual vote counting process takes place. Not much action, a few boxes of ballots trickling in from collection stations, but I was able to observe the entire process from full box of ballots coming in to counted and resolved ballots upstairs.

I will be observing the count Tuesday evening. It will be very boring. I looked at the entire operation with the remnants of my 12-year-old master shoplifter skills and found very few places in this system to inject shenanigans. And the ones I found would be easily caught by the mechanics of the system.

I feel confident declaring this county difficult to rig, at the ballot boxes or the counting. Every step of the way the system uses two-person control with bipartisan teams to physically handle boxes, unlock sealed boxes, run the sealed mailed-in ballots through signature verification, open the envelopes and unfold them, prep them for optical scanners, run the scanners, adjudicate any ballots the scanner cannot read, and tabulate to final results.

Last edited by Jrrarglblarg; 7th November 2016 at 12:27 PM.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2016, 12:29 PM   #487
Jrrarglblarg

Quote:

Quite a few assumptions in there. Not the thread to unpack your confusion, so let's just put a pin in that for later, shall we?
Old 7th November 2016, 12:58 PM   #488
snoop_doxie
Graduate Poster

Quote:
I feel confident declaring this county difficult to rig, at the ballot boxes or the counting. Every step of the way the system uses two-person control with bipartisan teams to physically handle boxes, unlock sealed boxes, run the sealed mailed-in ballots through signature verification, open the envelopes and unfold them, prep them for optical scanners, run the scanners, adjudicate any ballots the scanner cannot read, and tabulate to final results.
Thanks for this, Jrrarglblarg.

Interesting and educational.
Old 7th November 2016, 02:13 PM   #489
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
I guess Trump is not a grownup according to your standards. Got it. And the personal attacks continue.

How about Trump's little stormtroopers?

Signed,

A Conservative. And strong in my core beliefs.
Keep making the arguments for the other side, maybe someday someone will think you're conservative.
Old 7th November 2016, 02:35 PM   #490
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

And if say you run it on vegitable oil from your own rape seeds you still need things like spare parts.
Warehouses and dealerships full of parts, and other cars.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2016, 03:25 PM   #491
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Keep making the arguments for the other side, maybe someday someone will think you're conservative.
How is favouring someone who aims to violate the fourth to eighth amendments, as well as the first "conservative"?

Despite what you might think, Clinton is not going to violate the second amendment.
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2016, 03:28 PM   #492
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

I am a critical thinker, not a slave to whatever some poster on the internet thinks a conservative is.

ETA: no defense of Trump's lack of being a grownup, due to his waffling?

Last edited by LSSBB; 7th November 2016 at 03:29 PM.
Old 7th November 2016, 05:01 PM   #493
logger
Banned

I am a critical thinker, not a slave to whatever some poster on the internet thinks a conservative is.

ETA: no defense of Trump's lack of being a grownup, due to his waffling?
Is Trump closer to your politics than Clinton?
Old 7th November 2016, 05:03 PM   #494
gypsyjackson
Muse

TrumpTrooper Update:

I will be observing the count Tuesday evening. It will be very boring. I looked at the entire operation with the remnants of my 12-year-old master shoplifter skills and found very few places in this system to inject shenanigans. And the ones I found would be easily caught by the mechanics of the system.
I observed a count in the UK once, when my little brother was running for local office (he knew he would lose overall, but he wanted to beat UKIP to third place and did, just). It was as all UK elections, pencil on paper. I found it quite fun, rather than boring. Whenever a questionable mark was found, the 'teller' would show the assembled observers the ballot paper and explain his reasons for accepting or rejecting a vote for one of the candidates; if anyone disputed this it would be left to the end to see if the total number of weird votes could affect the result.

The number of people who put a circle in the box rather than a cross was staggering. It's been a cross for the history of elections! However it still counts.
gypsyjackson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2016, 05:04 PM   #495
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
How is favouring someone who aims to violate the fourth to eighth amendments, as well as the first "conservative"?
How is it that you can make things up out of thin air?
Quote:
Despite what you might think, Clinton is not going to violate the second amendment.
Yes, because she doesn't have the congress. If Obama had the congress, wouldn't he have severely restricted guns? Just like hills would.
Old 7th November 2016, 05:58 PM   #496
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

If it's good enough for Donald, it's good enough for everyone.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2016, 01:29 AM   #497
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Trump's politics are whatever he thinks the people he's talking to at that moment want to hear.

Kind of hard to pin that down, isn't it?

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2016, 02:27 AM   #498
Madalch
The Jester

Originally Posted by gypsyjackson View Post
The number of people who put a circle in the box rather than a cross was staggering. It's been a cross for the history of elections! However it still counts.
Presumably, the Jews and Muslims don't want to make a Christian symbol.
Old 8th November 2016, 05:13 AM   #499
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Trump is a Trumpian. I am a conservative, so no. He is whatever he needs to be to get attention and power.
Old 8th November 2016, 05:24 AM   #500
gypsyjackson
Muse

Originally Posted by Madalch View Post
Presumably, the Jews and Muslims don't want to make a Christian symbol.
Heh. And maybe English people don't want to use a Scottish symbol.

Might make it hard to e ercise their democratic rights, though.
gypsyjackson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2016, 06:37 AM   #501
Jrrarglblarg

We fill in the whol box, not a cross or circle, but apparently it's common for people to write "no" in the box for issues, and gods forbid you mark the roaring box and desire to correct it. The instructions for that are apparently way too complicated for the kind of people who mismark an important once-ever document.

Last edited by Jrrarglblarg; 8th November 2016 at 06:39 AM.
Old 8th November 2016, 10:18 AM   #502
logger
Banned

Trump is a Trumpian. I am a conservative, so no. He is whatever he needs to be to get attention and power.
I'm not surprised by your non answer. I agree Trump has waffled on some issues, but you know where hills is and by voting Johnson, you're contributing to her vote count.

The reason you gave a non answer is because you're not truly serious about conservatism, that is why you're able to throw away your vote. Many times I've had to vote for the lesser of two evils, you seem happy to have the lib elected. You follow a pattern of fake conservatives.
Old 8th November 2016, 10:22 AM   #503
NoahFence
Banned

Take off your blinders, Logger.

Hillary's actually pretty centrist. You act as if she's a radical leftist.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2016, 10:23 AM   #504
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post

Lol

There aren't any centrist dems, used to be, not anymore.
Old 8th November 2016, 10:31 AM   #505
NoahFence
Banned

Uh, yes there are.

There used to be rational righties. Not anymore.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2016, 10:33 AM   #506
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post

Yea she hits right around the RINO Reagan. No one would ever mistake him for a conservative.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2016, 10:34 AM   #507
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

logger, why don't you have a look at Reagan's, Nixon's or Bush Sr. policies?

For most, they are left of Clinton's...

Last edited by The Great Zaganza; 8th November 2016 at 10:36 AM.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2016, 10:52 AM   #508
NoahFence
Banned

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
logger, why don't you have a look at Reagan's, Nixon's or Bush Sr. policies?

For most, they are left of Clinton's...
That would require work, and upon a response, honesty.
Old 8th November 2016, 02:45 PM   #509
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Quote:
Yes, because she doesn't have the congress. If Obama had the congress, wouldn't he have severely restricted guns? Just like hills would.

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
If it's good enough for Donald, it's good enough for everyone.
Except that Trump's stated policies would violate several of them

First Amendment - freedom of religion - doesn't square with banning Muslims.
Second Amendment - OK on this one
Third Amendment - OK on this one
Fourth Amendment - some of Trump's proposed policies towards supposed domestic terrorists, his promise to lock up Clinton.
Fifth Amendment - I'd have thought that torture violates this one
Sixth Amendment - Torture looks to probably violate this
Seventh Amendment - OK fair call, it doesn't look to violate this
Eighth Amendment - if torture isn't cruel and unusual then I don't know what is
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2016, 05:56 PM   #510
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

It depends, are you putting Fuelair in charge of the punishment?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2016, 06:26 PM   #511
Jrrarglblarg

TrumpTrooper Update:
Sitting waiting at the grownup store for a preroll in on the way to watch the count.

{edit. To add}
Short line! Radio silence until the count is over. Jrrarglblarg out.

Last edited by Jrrarglblarg; 8th November 2016 at 06:30 PM.
Old 8th November 2016, 10:05 PM   #512
applecorped
Rotten to the Core

Old 8th November 2016, 10:14 PM   #513
Noztradamus
Illuminator

What if they put a tick instead of a cross? Isn't that really confusing?
Old 8th November 2016, 10:19 PM   #514
Noztradamus
Illuminator

We fill in the whol box, not a cross or circle, but apparently it's common for people to write "no" in the box for issues, and gods forbid you mark the roaring box and desire to correct it. The instructions for that are apparently way too complicated for the kind of people who mismark an important once-ever document.
You have a roaring box? is that like a Hogwarts Howler?
Old 8th November 2016, 10:38 PM   #515
gypsyjackson
Muse

Originally Posted by Noztradamus View Post
What if they put a tick instead of a cross? Isn't that really confusing?
Tick would also be OK, if it were clear whom they were supporting. Writing yes or hooray, or whatever is also ok.

There was a funny case on one of our satirical news shows where they found a ballot which said something like 'is a dick' in the box next to one candidate, and the teller noted it was written entirely within the confines of the box so declared it a valid vote for the candidate, which was accepted by the observers - presumably not a close vote, or perhaps it might have been dealt with differently.
Old 8th November 2016, 11:01 PM   #516
Noztradamus
Illuminator

Tick would also be OK, if it were clear whom they were supporting. Writing yes or hooray, or whatever is also ok.

I meant a

Old 10th November 2016, 12:59 PM   #517
gypsyjackson
Muse

That would also be OK if it were done in the box! In fact, I'm stealing that the next time I vote in person. Thanks.
Old 10th November 2016, 01:30 PM   #518
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Except that Trump's stated policies would violate several of them

First Amendment - freedom of religion - doesn't square with banning Muslims.
Second Amendment - OK on this one
Third Amendment - OK on this one
Fourth Amendment - some of Trump's proposed policies towards supposed domestic terrorists, his promise to lock up Clinton.
Fifth Amendment - I'd have thought that torture violates this one
Sixth Amendment - Torture looks to probably violate this
Seventh Amendment - OK fair call, it doesn't look to violate this
Ah but it isn't a punishment so it gets a pass, it is an interrogation technique.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics