ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 25th November 2019, 04:38 PM   #41
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Why do you think it's a crime for the President to ask for assistance in a corruption investigation?
dis·in·gen·u·ous

/ˌdisənˈjenyo͞oəs/

adjective: disingenuous

not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2019, 04:44 PM   #42
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Why do you think it's a crime for the President to ask for assistance in a corruption investigation?
It isn't a crime, but that is not what Trump did.

If you have been paying attention, you will know that he only want an announcement of investigations in order to smear Biden

Trump IS corrupt - he's rotten to the very core, why would he want corruption investigated

(See the red part of my signature)
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2019, 07:10 PM   #43
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Perhaps I missed the relevant part of the video, but I didn't hear Trump admitting to a quid pro quo. I did hear him talking about the DNC server, but not saying he withheld aid. Can someone provide a timestamp?
I didn't hear him say that either but in my case, I just can't take Trump any longer than in (very) small doses. I DID hear, after Donnieboy said Ukraine gave the DNC server to CrowdStrike owned by a wealthy Ukrainian, one of the Fox newscasters say, "Are you sure they did that?"

I was surprised they'd question The Great One. But let's face it, anyone with any intelligence can see Trump is a jerk. It's just that, for political reasons, some folks want to pretend otherwise. But we all know what kind of a person he is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Jerk.jpg (49.5 KB, 8 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2019, 11:58 PM   #44
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

It's not. What does that have to do with the topic of the thread?
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2019, 04:28 AM   #45
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Monza View Post
He asked a foreign country to investigate an American citizen. He didn't ask the DOJ. This is a serious abandonment of his oath of office.

He withheld Congressionally approved monetary assistance to an ally. The POTUS does not have the authority to do this without following certain requests for approval from Congress.

His actions were not only self-serving, they were in stark contrast to official American policy toward Ukraine. His actions also aided a hostile foreign government at the expense of an ally.
He didn't care about any investigation only the announcement of such.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2019, 05:05 AM   #46
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
He didn't care about any investigation only the announcement of such.
Do you really think Ukraine wouldn't fake a server for him if they had too?
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2019, 09:16 AM   #47
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
Why is the only corruption investigation he asks for one which can be spuriously connected to the Biden family?

Seriously, why do you think that is?
Clearly it is because the Ukrainians were the ones who provided infrastructure to origins of the Russia hoax. The Steele Dossier was made possible by Ukraine. Their corruption in the run up to the 2016 election is what he is investigating. If Biden gets caught in that, then oops.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2019, 09:21 AM   #48
Belz...
Fiend God

Clearly it is because the Ukrainians were the ones who provided infrastructure to origins of the Russia hoax. The Steele Dossier was made possible by Ukraine. Their corruption in the run up to the 2016 election is what he is investigating. If Biden gets caught in that, then oops.
Why are you buying in this nonsense rather than the opinion of every intelligence organisation in the US and around the world, that Russia did interfere in the 2016 elections and hacked the DNC server? Do you not know or see that it's Putin who is pushing this ridiculous idea that Ukraine did that, and that Trump and his sycophants, many of whom have conflicting loyalties, are repeating it?

Why would you so blindly throw your own country under the bus like this?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2019, 11:13 AM   #49
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

Conspiracy theory forum is down the hall.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2019, 12:25 PM   #50
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

The entire Western IC, including that of the US, says no.
Old 26th November 2019, 12:41 PM   #51
Donal
Illuminator

And the evidence you have of such is...

Oh, wait, this is just a bunch of lies used to shield cult members from the truth.
Old 26th November 2019, 12:45 PM   #52
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Why are you buying in this nonsense rather than the opinion of every intelligence organisation in the US and around the world, that Russia did interfere in the 2016 elections and hacked the DNC server? Do you not know or see that it's Putin who is pushing this ridiculous idea that Ukraine did that, and that Trump and his sycophants, many of whom have conflicting loyalties, are repeating it?

Why would you so blindly throw your own country under the bus like this?
Has "bot" right in his handle!
Old 26th November 2019, 12:52 PM   #53
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Has "bot" right in his handle!
Exactly.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2019, 08:21 AM   #54
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Oh, the sweet, sweet irony considering Trump is the embodiment of the word "petty".
And who will ever forget Obama being described as a "thin-skinned narcissist" by those who are now dedicated Trumpists?

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2019, 08:25 AM   #55
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Why is the only corruption investigation he asks for one which can be spuriously connected to the Biden family?

Sorry if I seem pushy, but could you answer the question? It's so obvious you must have thought of it yourself, and I would like to know what answer you came up with.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2019, 11:26 AM   #56
jeremyp
Muse

My old maths professor used to say that, if you are looking for an error in a proof, the place to start looking is the line that starts "clearly". People don't write "clearly" unless it is not clear at all.

In this case, it is clear that Ukraine had nothing to do with the 2016 election corruption - it was all Russia. People who claim otherwise are shilling for Putin Trump, perhaps unwittingly.
jeremyp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2019, 12:23 PM   #57
The_Animus
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
There is, actually an even better one. Vote him out. Then there will be no argument over whether he deserved it.
That assumes fair elections and that the losing party is willing to accept the results. I'm not sure about either of those.
The_Animus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 10:46 PM   #58
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
The most damning thing is that he didn't even want an investigation because there was no ground work at all done to achieve that. What he wanted was for the Ukrainian President to make an announcement that they were going to investigate, and that was it. Make the announcement and all is good. Those are clearly not the actions of a person genuinely interested in combating corruption.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 11:25 PM   #59
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

But Trump said he wanted nothing to Sondland after news of the whistleblower came out.

When a child is caught reaching for the cookies he's not supposed to have, that child says he wants nothing, no cookies, nothing!

That's how innocent Trump is.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2019, 02:29 AM   #60
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
But Trump said he wanted nothing to Sondland after news of the whistleblower came out.

When a child is caught reaching for the cookies he's not supposed to have, that child says he wants nothing, no cookies, nothing!

That's how innocent Trump is.
It's interesting that the whistle-blower report used the term quid pro quo and then Trump used the same term in the Sondland telephone call before the report became public. Coincidence? Hell, no. Trump was already trying to cover his ass.
Old 3rd December 2019, 04:38 AM   #61
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by jeremyp View Post
My old maths professor used to say that, if you are looking for an error in a proof, the place to start looking is the line that starts "clearly". People don't write "clearly" unless it is not clear at all.

In this case, it is clear that Ukraine had nothing to do with the 2016 election corruption - it was all Russia. People who claim otherwise are shilling for Putin Trump, perhaps unwittingly.
What Pratchett described as a "wallpaper word".
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2019, 04:48 AM   #62
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
The most damning thing is that he didn't even want an investigation because there was no ground work at all done to achieve that. What he wanted was for the Ukrainian President to make an announcement that they were going to investigate, and that was it. Make the announcement and all is good. Those are clearly not the actions of a person genuinely interested in combating corruption.
What he wanted was a cover so Putin's agents could plant parts of Servers at an electronics, recycling center in Ukraine, most likely this one, in the link below.
A few pieces of disks with some of the stolen DNC, Data found at that recycling yard would have been evidence that the Crowdstrike theory was True vindicting Trump with his Republican base and Framing the Entire DNC as Courpt.
Giving Trump the win in 20/20, because an entire server would not be found only bits and pieces the Conspiracy theory would be hard to debunk because their would be lack of evidence either way.
That was most likely the Putin, Trump Plan, that would also allow Trump to lift Russian sanctions, and become the peace maker in Ukraine on Russian Terms.
Of Course this is just a theory, I wouldn't actually know anything about this, I mean it isn't like I would know that Demitry at RTV's Password in Moscow was his mother's Maiden Name plus her, birth date.
https://www.scrapmonster.com/compani...ry/ukraine/414

Last edited by Crazy Chainsaw; 3rd December 2019 at 04:49 AM.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2019, 01:53 PM   #63
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

If the Democrats had been smarter, they'd have played a montage of Trump admitting to crimes in the hearing.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics