ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 12th June 2019, 04:43 PM   #281
Baylor
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
Oh, and I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that the meetings are overwhelmingly white.

It's your conclusion that's laughably wrong.

Just wanted to spell that out since you're having so much trouble with this.

Good Luck!
Skeptic meetings are white. Not by accident but by design. There was zero attempt to make it more diverse. Just because you are (seemingly) unaware of the tactics white supremacists use to carve out white spaces doesn't mean they don't do it. You are (seemingly) aware that you are defending these white supremacists tactics.
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2019, 04:49 PM   #282
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

Originally Posted by Baylor View Post
Skeptic meetings are white. Not by accident but by design. There was zero attempt to make it more diverse. Just because you are (seemingly) unaware of the tactics white supremacists use to carve out white spaces doesn't mean they don't do it. You are (seemingly) aware that you are defending these white supremacists tactics.
This is an incorrect statement. All of it. Amusing and sad at the same time. Especially as you outed yourself as a racist bigot some time ago (white childess Europeans). You seem to be projecting.

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2019, 05:25 PM   #283
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

The idea that a group/gathering/whatever is 'racist' just due to it's demographics is laughable.

I belong to a couple clubs and organizations that appear to be purely or overwhelmingly white. If it is to be believed by un-skeptical people, that would mean that they are 'white supremacist' clubs. And nothing is farther from the truth.

Let us compare two cities: Spokane, Wa and Seattle, Wa.

As we can see, Spokane has a much, much higher percentage of whites over Seattle. Thanks to a certain poster, we can know that Spokane is a hotbed of White Supremacy!

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2019, 07:17 PM   #284
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

They are white people choosing to be around other white people.
It is a bit of a stretch to suggest that it is the whiteness of those other people that powers the choice. Do you have any actual evidence that these white people would not choose to associate with others who share their interests if they were not white?

Associating with people is not, by itself, a racist act. Avoiding association with people is.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2019, 08:15 PM   #285
Cainkane1
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
However bad you think it is, it cannot possibly be worse than what has actually happened since 2016.
Yes, it could be if Bernie Sanders types are even in control of the White House. Trump is better than Hillary Clinton too.
Old 12th June 2019, 11:15 PM   #286
Parsman
Muse

Originally Posted by Cainkane1 View Post
Yes, it could be if Bernie Sanders types are even in control of the White House. Trump is better than Hillary Clinton too.
Better how? And don't get me wrong, I thought HRC was the wrong candidate for the Dems at the wrong time but she was still immeasurably a better pick for President than Trump in terms of policies, experience, intelligence and being articulate.

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.
Parsman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 08:51 AM   #287
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Yes it was.

No you didn't
I forgot the level of rational discussion in this sub-forum
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 09:19 AM   #288
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

So what is your evidence that Skeptic meetings are racist meetings?
A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 10:31 AM   #289
Juniversal
CIA + FBI + NWO Employee

You are defending white supremacy. White people who choose to be around other white people is white supremacy. There are plenty of people of color who live around South Point. No white (supremacist) person reached out to them and offered them to attend to make the meeting more diverse. It's because skeptics prefer the meeting to be white.
Ok this is silly. MAYBE it's because black people historically have high degree of religiosity and this in and of itself is a primary reason we're underrepresented (yes I'm black) in the skeptic community. MAAAYBE. Religiosity doesn't lend itself to skepticism. Implying it's the result of the desire of the attendees is silly. I must've missed the "no coloreds" clause..

Last edited by Juniversal; 13th June 2019 at 10:36 AM.
Juniversal is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM   #290
Roger Ramjets
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Parsman View Post
I thought HRC was the wrong candidate for the Dems at the wrong time but she was still immeasurably a better pick for President than Trump in terms of policies, experience, intelligence and being articulate.
All the wrong criteria for being 'better'. A good president should be a man of the people - a racist, misogynist, lying narcissist who projects all his faults onto others - just like us.

Trump was objectively better than any other candidate (including Hillary). No one else could have convinced the Deplorables to out themselves. No one else would have shown us the depths of depravity that Republicans would plunge to. No one else would have made a mockery of the legislative process and openly questioned our right to democracy and free speech. No one else could have turned the US into the laughing stock it is today, with the promise of even more to come.

Yes, for those us who hate America, Trump was definitely the better choice!
Old Today, 03:37 AM   #291
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cainkane1 View Post
Oh I agree! Trump is the perfect US leader...if you are not American and your nation is in trade competition with the USA. He has been handed his own arse on a plate so many times and yet he keeps on coming back for repeat embarrassments. Any tinpot country, let alone the G20 nations, can make advantage over the USA just by pretending to kow-tow to Trump personally.

Sanders or Clinton would have been MUCH more difficult and tougher to deal with. They have brains and experience, and understand US statecraft and trade policies.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:01 AM   #292
Lurch
Muse

Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
All the wrong criteria for being 'better'. A good president should be a man of the people - a racist, misogynist, lying narcissist who projects all his faults onto others - just like us.

Trump was objectively better than any other candidate (including Hillary). No one else could have convinced the Deplorables to out themselves. No one else would have shown us the depths of depravity that Republicans would plunge to. No one else would have made a mockery of the legislative process and openly questioned our right to democracy and free speech. No one else could have turned the US into the laughing stock it is today, with the promise of even more to come.

Yes, for those us who hate America, Trump was definitely the better choice!
I frighten myself. My better half is fearful of the damage Trump and his cabal of boot-lickers is doing to the wider world. But the evil imp within me delights in the thought of a right royal descent into hell for the US for their collective idiocy in hoisting to power such a manifestly destructive p***k as The Donald. While the MAGA crowd chants, "America; ****** yah!", I retort, "America, ****** you!"

All the while caring for and desiring the best for my friends to my immediate south.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics