ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags media criticism , politics humor , pundits , sean hannity

Old 29th May 2019, 05:10 AM   #1
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Hannity wants to see if he can make you vomit

https://video.foxnews.com/v/60421305...#sp=show-clips

For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2019, 05:25 AM   #2
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Context, please.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2019, 05:27 AM   #3
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Hannity has always been revolting.
Old 29th May 2019, 05:43 AM   #4
ahhell
Master Poster

He succeeded long ago.
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2019, 06:03 AM   #5
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Context, please.
Transcript, please.

I'd rather not have to watch his smug, stupid face and hear him talk.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2019, 06:30 AM   #6
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Aside from the ludicrous overblown patriotism, he started well on the fragility of freedom and the Constitutional/traditions that protect it but then goes in to bat for the dumb arse who doesn’t understand or care at all about these concepts.

You are ****** if you cant dump these crooks.
Old 29th May 2019, 06:46 AM   #7
ahhell
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Transcript, please.

I do find something especially unpleasant about his face.
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2019, 07:34 AM   #8
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by ahhell View Post
I do find something especially unpleasant about his face.
It's continued existence I suspect!!

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2019, 08:40 AM   #9
CORed
Philosopher

He succeeded long ago.
Well, I've never actually vomitted when watching or listening to Hannity, but he always makes me nauseous.

I'm pretty sure that if Trump ever stopped suddenly, Hannity would break his nose.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2019, 10:49 AM   #10
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
Well, I've never actually vomitted when watching or listening to Hannity, but he always makes me nauseous.

I'm pretty sure that if Trump ever stopped suddenly, Hannity would break his nose.
I"m surprised Hannity hasn't suffocated by now.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2019, 01:02 PM   #11
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

He succeeded long ago.
A long,long, time ago.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2019, 01:05 PM   #12
a_unique_person

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Context, please.
It's performance art. You have to watch it. It would be like trying to describe the sublime beauty of the Mona Lisa without ever seeing the picture.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2019, 01:19 PM   #13
a_unique_person

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Transcript, please.

Then you are missing the major part of the Act. What are mere words without such sincere patriotism from the heart, the American exceptionalism that has never been made to ever appear so exceptional, the moral indignation that had never been so full of so much self righteousness. An appeal to history containing a complete tour of all the values we hold so dear. It is the complete package. It will never be bettered.

The Onion could only ever hope to aspire to such lofty heights of histrionics.

Then finally Trump comes on the screen and shows us all what a great man he is. Fresh from Japan where he had been praising the dictator who shoots rockets over their country, Trump tells us that Britain and Australia are now on his hit list.
Old 29th May 2019, 01:57 PM   #14
rdaneel
Illuminator

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
Then you are missing the major part of the Act. What are mere words without such sincere patriotism from the heart, the American exceptionalism that has never been made to ever appear so exceptional, the moral indignation that had never been so full of so much self righteousness. An appeal to history containing a complete tour of all the values we hold so dear. It is the complete package. It will never be bettered.

The Onion could only ever hope to aspire to such lofty heights of histrionics.

Then finally Trump comes on the screen and shows us all what a great man he is. Fresh from Japan where he had been praising the dictator who shoots rockets over their country, Trump tells us that Britain and Australia are now on his hit list.
So I should look at it as a Swift style satire?
Hmm, perhaps if I do, I might try again and last more than 30 seconds.
rdaneel is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2019, 11:34 AM   #15
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
A long,long, time ago.
I wish it was in a galaxy far, far away
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2019, 12:38 PM   #16
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

It's performance art. You have to watch it. It would be like trying to describe the sublime beauty of the Mona Lisa without ever seeing the picture.

All I can gather from this is that the thread title is incorrect, and that you have no interest in actually explaining what the thread is about.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2019, 01:49 PM   #17
Minoosh
Philosopher

The answer is, "Why yes, yes he can." Though I have to admit I haven't read any of the thread.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2019, 01:55 PM   #18
Tero
Graduate Poster

Yeah, we've got parts of the state people see only Fox. Then they get satellite, and watch even more Fox. And sports.
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2019, 02:05 PM   #19
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

No, thanks. I've seen my breakfast once today.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2019, 05:28 PM   #20
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Tero View Post
Yeah, we've got parts of the state people see only Fox. Then they get satellite, and watch even more Fox. And sports.
Don't forget Duck Dynasty, Off the Grid shows, and Honey Boo Boo.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2019, 06:30 PM   #21
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Don't forget Duck Dynasty, Off the Grid shows, and Honey Boo Boo.
In other words, reality shows for them.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2019, 07:23 PM   #22
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
In other words, reality shows for them.
Fake reality shows.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics