IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags UK issues , uk politics

Old 29th November 2021, 03:37 AM   #2441
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Scott Benton MP tweets
@ScottBentonMP
Nov 26
Iíve made this point in Parliament 3 times during the last week. The only way we can fully take back control of our immigration & asylum policy is by scrapping the ridiculous Human Rights Act.
In a sane country the newspapers would have jumped on this & he'd soon be 'spending more time with his family', in this country the papers have such a twisted sense of values I'm surprised they're not calling for him to be PM.

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2021, 04:33 AM   #2442
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

I think you would be surprised at how many agree with him.
Human Rights Act is seen as an imposition by the EU
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2021, 04:57 AM   #2443
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

I think you would be surprised at how many agree with him.
Human Rights Act is seen as an imposition by the EU
Itís all the fault of that liberal do-gooder Churchill!
Old 29th November 2021, 05:17 AM   #2444
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

They never say which parts of the Human Rights Act they want to get rid of and why.

Here is a typical 'anti' comment

Quote:
Remove the word * human*, because its dishonest.
it means all you need is to be human and in the UK to be entitled to food and a housing and free medical care.
1,500 million would come tomorrow if they could .
Human rights for British Citizens Act = job done @BorisJohnson
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2021, 05:35 AM   #2445
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Some more

Quote:
No country can offer rights to anybody anywhere in the world.
3 billion want a better life in UK.
Our human rights Act grants rights the second someone sets foot on UK soil lawyers spring into action.
be practicing! daft head
Quote:
The human rights act. UK
The Eitopean conversation on human rights.
its a joke & usless & yes I have studied it.
Russia & Turkey are signed up to the European convention on human rights.
1, asylum protection from torture, no torture in France
2. can't deport back to France
There seems to be a fundamental misunderstanding of what it is and says.

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; 29th November 2021 at 05:37 AM.
Old 29th November 2021, 06:05 AM   #2446
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Some more

There seems to be a fundamental misunderstanding of what it is and says.
No, there is no misunderstanding, they know exactly what they are campaigning against. That is why they lie so much.
Old Yesterday, 02:17 PM   #2447
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

If you need a laugh to brighten your day, Liz Truss has apparently just given Vladimir Putin a 'stern warning'.
Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM   #2448
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

If you need a laugh to brighten your day, Liz Truss has apparently just given Vladimir Putin a 'stern warning'.
She's probably threatening him with an export ban on cheddar to the USSR*

*yes.

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:02 AM   #2449
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Doubtless it will be as well received and as well adhered to as the stern warnings I give Timmy when he jumps up on the kitchen counters.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics