IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 23rd October 2020, 12:32 AM   #121
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by GDon View Post
Three million views within four days, and 80,000 comments, overwhelmingly supportive. Looks like he still has quite a few fans left.
God & Allah have billions, and that's all ********, too.
Old 23rd October 2020, 01:08 AM   #122
GDon
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Thor 2 View Post
So?

So many folk have had heaps of fans although what they are saying is gibberish. I'm sure many here can name a few.
Ah, I thought he was implying that there were few Peterson fans left. If he wasn't, my mistake.
GDon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2020, 12:56 AM   #123
Filippo Lippi
Illuminator

Peterson was the featured bastard on Behind the Bastards just this week
You can't defeat fascism through debate because it's not simply an idea, proposal or theory. It's a fundamentally flawed way of looking at the world. It's a distorting prism, emotionally charged and completely logic-proof. You may as well challenge rabies to a game of Boggle. @ViolettaCrisis
Filippo Lippi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2020, 04:35 AM   #124
Roboramma
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Filippo Lippi View Post
Peterson was the featured bastard on Behind the Bastards just this week
“Behind the Bastards dives in past the Cliffs Notes of the worst humans in history and
exposes the bizarre realities of their lives.”

Wow.

I find Peterson annoying sometimes but one of "the worst humans in history"?

These guys need to get a sense of perspective.
"... when people thought the Earth was flat, they were wrong. When people thought the Earth was spherical they were wrong. But if you think that thinking the Earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the Earth is flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together."
Isaac Asimov
Roboramma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2020, 04:43 AM   #125
Filippo Lippi
Illuminator

Advertising.
You can't defeat fascism through debate because it's not simply an idea, proposal or theory. It's a fundamentally flawed way of looking at the world. It's a distorting prism, emotionally charged and completely logic-proof. You may as well challenge rabies to a game of Boggle. @ViolettaCrisis
Filippo Lippi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2020, 11:14 AM   #126
Lithrael
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
When I was a young man I once or twice thought I had a "mystical experience" after taking a hallucinogen. Anything a person experiences in there own head is poor evidence because they could be hallucinating or who knows what. Drugs aren't the only way this can happen, by the way.

I was a nerd so instead of a mystical experience I was enjoying and being fascinated by the subtle ways the visual interpolation process malfunctioned. My straight and parallel line completion was turned all the way up, man! I assume the end detector cells were drunk.

This, uh. Has nothing to do with morality. But it’s what I ended up looking up so there you go. Then again the amount of “You didn’t actually see it but it makes sense so it’s probably there, so here’s what you get to perceive” shorthand that your brain does for you probably is relevant to perceptions of morality too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B6CED6BE-7B2F-4C42-BF10-DE1F3B5FDE5E.jpg (67.4 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by Lithrael; 26th October 2020 at 11:18 AM.
Lithrael is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy