ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus

Old 18th April 2020, 06:34 AM   #81
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Deadie View Post
But no heartburn or indigestion?

And your dogs got sad as well!?

Well, you could stop attributing your physical maladies to cell towers. If you are blaming nausea, vomiting, skin growths and full body convulsions on radiation sickness, then you would have received a dose a radiation that would have killed you inside of a weekend without immediate medical attention. Even then you still probably would have died.

No heartburn. But stomach often felt queasy. Dogs did not run and and bark much and it got worse with time. It took about 2 months at the next house and they are back to their happy selves. But they are somewhat deaf. I can hear things they cannot. My wife's hearing did not recover much and I find my self shouting a lot. I have to tell her when her phone is ringing in the other room.

Google "Radium Girls" and the effect of radon gas and tobacco smoke. We are talking about "relatively" low energy but non-stop for twenty years. Our dosage was high in a short time but still low when compared to conventional radiation. Your remark is made without any knowledge of the mechanism for electrosmog health damage.
Old 18th April 2020, 07:12 AM   #82
RedStapler
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Can I say anything that you will not scoff at?

I propose a simple double blind experiment. I make a small box out of medium density fibre board just large enough for me to sit inside. Fed with a battery powered air pump for air. I sit on a chair inside the inner box with just a pair of shorts, a flashlight and pen and paper.

I make two boxes that are slightly larger. One box will have no foil on it and the other will have aluminium foil glued to the inside of it. Both painted inside and out to look and feel the same. No-one will know whether the foil is in A or B. The A and B mark outside will be under a flap so side observers do not know which box is being used, and no-one will know whether A or B is the foil lined box. The person placing the box over will choose a paper from a bag with five with A and five with B and chose that box for that day.

He will place that box over the inner box and put the choice into an envelope and seal it with the test number. I will write on a piece of paper what I feel at what time and at the end decide whether it was foil or not and put into a sealed envelope with the test number. If there are no ill effects I will stay two hours in the box. If I feel ill effects I can choose to end short of the two hours.

The experimenter will confirm at 5 minute intervals with my meter that that the tower is radiating. We do one test a day at the same time of day. At the end, we open the envelopes and compare and check whether A or B is the foil lined box. I will also write up what I feel for the next 24 hours, and put that into the envelope at the beginning of the next test. I will have to have a very standard diet and routine for five days before and also during the test.

I am certain I will get all ten correct - it will just of matter of how severe the symptoms will be.

Now to find credible people to conduct the test.
I got serious depression and hearing loss after reading this. This "experiment" means nothing.
RedStapler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2020, 08:05 AM   #83
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

I live in hope.

I'm afraid I can't make head or tail of your test. Foil lined boxes? What on Earth are you trying to prove? And how do foil lined boxes help?

Start by clearly stating what your claim actually is. Then describe your test protocol. It should be self evident how it demonstrates your claim. Be sure to state (and justify) your success criteria.

ETA:

OK, I think I get it. He's going to sit in one box and have someone place a larger box over it, which may or may not be lined with foil. His claim is that he'll be able to tell which it is by his physical symptoms, because if it's the foil lined one it will stop the radiation from the nearby cell tower from causing them.

Last edited by Pixel42; 18th April 2020 at 08:12 AM.
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2020, 08:54 AM   #84
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

The most frustrating thing about following the attempts at the MDC whilst it was running was that, after agreeing to (usually after helping to design) the test protocol, claimants never bothered to actually do a dry run of it before JREF did the formal test. The reason was clear - they were already convinced of their ability, the test was just to convince other people. The fact that, without objective evidence, they should have no more confidence in their ability to pass the test than JREF was not something they ever understood. So the first time they actually took the test was in front of the whole world, before whom they were then humiliated.

The closest anyone ever got was DowserDon, who agreed to do a dry run of a test which several forumites (including me) helped him design. Then instead of doing it quietly and privately, he invited loads of people, including two University professors, to attend the dry run, and was duly humiliated in front of them.

So build your boxes, PS, it's as good a way to pass the lockdown as any, and then try it. Your wife will be fine as the second person - no, it won't convince anyone else if it's her, but the first run is not to convince anyone else, it's to convince yourself. Because at this moment, you should be no more convinced than I am.
Old 18th April 2020, 09:38 AM   #85
Nakani
Muse

Hello Partskeptic,

Back in the day God spoke to people who were able to get things done. Now it seems any random person on the internet will do. What's up with that?
Nakani is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2020, 11:29 AM   #86
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Nakani View Post
Hello Partskeptic,

Back in the day God spoke to people who were able to get things done. Now it seems any random person on the internet will do. What's up with that?
Apparently, PartSkeptic simply wants to watch the world burn. That would give him warm fuzzy feels.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2020, 02:18 PM   #87
Mojo
Mostly harmless

SA choose the cases that it puts on public record. This one is an embarrassment despite being very reportable, so every court appearance and decision was swept under the rug.

I have scanned and put the court documents on Google drive. Would you like the link? It will mean that I am no longer anonymous but it seems that God wants me to step up and not hide in the shadows. It is a lot of reading because the Telcos did everything they could to increase the paperwork knowing that it annoys most judges, and also to increase cost against me.

The Taxing Master asked them why they were so stupid as to not apply for joinder especially with the high powered expensive advocates they used. They were trying to confuse the issue with various red herrings. They ended up confusing the issue and not realizing that I knew the law well. They did get a judge to put them on his judgement as a party and they tried to use that but I insisted they had no order.

In the hearing dismissing my application for condonation of one day lateness due to ill health (almost automatic), there was a courtroom full of Telco attorneys and top managers. About seven attorneys and six advocates and others. Against me and my wife. They were very frightened because they could not prove their equipment was safe. And my papers proved it was unsafe. Legally.

I will clean it up and provide a summary with page references. You can also see why the one judge ordered the tower powered down. In that instance, the Telcos could not "forum-shop" for a pliable judge because it was an urgent interdict.

If you’re going to do this, can you also provide the citation for the case you had reported in the New Zealand Law Reports?

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2020, 02:45 PM   #88
Hans
Philosopher

None of the Telcos have cell phone masts near their headquarters or on their property. One did have a lot of antennae on their building but then removed them all about 5 years ago. Their offices are low in terms of radiation.

They do not have masts near their homes. They have the influence to stop them, although they are the ones who decide where they anyway. They know it is long term. They do not care for others. The money will help them survive - they thought - until Covid-19.
BUT, how do you know this piece of information you stated above:

"They do not have masts near their homes."

Really so how did you determine that? How did you also determine that their parents, siblings and children are also not near such towers?

That must have been an exhaustive piece of research given how many people work in that field: About 350,000.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ons-in-the-us/

I'd be interested in the methodology you used.

I presume the ITU is also 'in on it'? So how many international workers are involved?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...nication_Union
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2020, 02:47 PM   #89
Hans
Philosopher

Hello Partskeptic,

'it' seems to have gotten lazy. I mean where do you go to complain about an irrational AND lazy supreme being?
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2020, 03:42 PM   #90
Nakani
Muse

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
'it' seems to have gotten lazy. I mean where do you go to complain about an irrational AND lazy supreme being?
Old testament God probably just doesn't understand how the internet works.
Nakani is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2020, 06:50 PM   #91
EHocking
Philosopher

I propose a simple double blind experiment. I make a small box out of medium density fibre board just large enough for me to sit inside. Fed with a battery powered air pump for air. I sit on a chair inside the inner box with just a pair of shorts, a flashlight and pen and paper.

I make two boxes that are slightly larger. One box will have no foil on it and the other will have aluminium foil glued to the inside of it. Both painted inside and out to look and feel the same. No-one will know whether the foil is in A or B. The A and B mark outside will be under a flap so side observers do not know which box is being used, and no-one will know whether A or B is the foil lined box. The person placing the box over will choose a paper from a bag with five with A and five with B and chose that box for that day.

He will place that box over the inner box and put the choice into an envelope and seal it with the test number. I will write on a piece of paper what I feel at what time and at the end decide whether it was foil or not and put into a sealed envelope with the test number. If there are no ill effects I will stay two hours in the box. If I feel ill effects I can choose to end short of the two hours.

The experimenter will confirm at 5 minute intervals with my meter that that the tower is radiating. We do one test a day at the same time of day. At the end, we open the envelopes and compare and check whether A or B is the foil lined box. I will also write up what I feel for the next 24 hours, and put that into the envelope at the beginning of the next test. I will have to have a very standard diet and routine for five days before and also during the test.

I am certain I will get all ten correct - it will just of matter of how severe the symptoms will be.

Now to find credible people to conduct the test.
Except a foil lined box will not shield phone emf.
https://mybroadband.co.za/news/secur...l-shoebox.html
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2020, 07:55 PM   #92
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RedStapler View Post
Sounds more like you need to talk to a doctor about this
I'm reminded a bit pf the movie The Ruling Class, in which, when Peter O'toole is asked how he knows he's god, he replies 'It's simple. I find when I pray, I'm talking to myself."

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2020, 01:46 AM   #93
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
I live in hope.

I'm afraid I can't make head or tail of your test. Foil lined boxes? What on Earth are you trying to prove? And how do foil lined boxes help?

Start by clearly stating what your claim actually is. Then describe your test protocol. It should be self evident how it demonstrates your claim. Be sure to state (and justify) your success criteria.

ETA:

OK, I think I get it. He's going to sit in one box and have someone place a larger box over it, which may or may not be lined with foil. His claim is that he'll be able to tell which it is by his physical symptoms, because if it's the foil lined one it will stop the radiation from the nearby cell tower from causing them.
You got it. I thought it was obvious. Thanks for a simple statement.
Old 19th April 2020, 01:49 AM   #94
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

The most frustrating thing about following the attempts at the MDC whilst it was running was that, after agreeing to (usually after helping to design) the test protocol, claimants never bothered to actually do a dry run of it before JREF did the formal test. The reason was clear - they were already convinced of their ability, the test was just to convince other people. The fact that, without objective evidence, they should have no more confidence in their ability to pass the test than JREF was not something they ever understood. So the first time they actually took the test was in front of the whole world, before whom they were then humiliated.

The closest anyone ever got was DowserDon, who agreed to do a dry run of a test which several forumites (including me) helped him design. Then instead of doing it quietly and privately, he invited loads of people, including two University professors, to attend the dry run, and was duly humiliated in front of them.

So build your boxes, PS, it's as good a way to pass the lockdown as any, and then try it. Your wife will be fine as the second person - no, it won't convince anyone else if it's her, but the first run is not to convince anyone else, it's to convince yourself. Because at this moment, you should be no more convinced than I am.
I know the protocol. I will work with my wife and do about four and the check the result after each one. If I get even one fail then I consider it a total fail. Thanks once more for spelling it out.
Old 19th April 2020, 01:52 AM   #95
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Hello Partskeptic,

Good question. Something I am still pondering. My assumption is that somehow I will persist and get the message out. For instance, this:

I want to get onto what the world will be like after the pandemic, as well as when the pandemic will be over, and whether a new pandemic or disaster will strike.

Should we start a new thread that my speculations will be proof that God exists? I say that God exists and wants a serious reduction in world population but also that God wants society to change to be more spiritual and cooperative. I say that the death and disruption will only stop when the aims are achieved. So if I am right, then can we take that as proof of God?

I am also curious as to whether the "improvements" suggested by atheists are better that those suggested by the theists.

A simple example. The finance section should be regulated to stop traders from doing things that add no value or do no service, and only transfer wealth. High frequency trading for example.

Others could be. Universal health care. Safety nets for the poor. Allowing euthanasia. More transparency in who owns the debt and the wealth.
Old 19th April 2020, 02:06 AM   #96
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

BUT, how do you know this piece of information you stated above:

"They do not have masts near their homes."

Really so how did you determine that? How did you also determine that their parents, siblings and children are also not near such towers?

That must have been an exhaustive piece of research given how many people work in that field: About 350,000.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ons-in-the-us/

I'd be interested in the methodology you used.

I presume the ITU is also 'in on it'? So how many international workers are involved?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...nication_Union
I only looked at South Africa. I checked the three key companies by visiting their headquarters. Then I used Google Earth to view the other seven Telco properties from various angles. In the case of one Telco I spoke to a woman whose husband was an employee there who told me about the removal of the antennae. She found it strange that a Telco would do that. There is also a report that the headquarters of ICNIRP were tested by anti-emf scientists and found it to be remarkably low.

It is called a "representative sample".

Answer the question I posed. Why would they power on the mast next us when they were under court order to keep it powered down? Why the timing? Why the slow response to my immediate letter of demand to power down?

Why initiate a "test" of the radiation the next week when my figures were well within what was already known about such masts? I did not realize that that test (three days before the filing) would make my illness worse. My curiosity to observe overcame my need to stay out of the radiation. They wanted me to accompany them to show them the hot-spots. In that regard they outsmarted me.

I could give you the details which seem to make it quite clear that they aimed to make me sick and miss the filing date. Most people file on the last day because one day late is almost a guaranteed condonation - especially if the delay is due to illness. The judge was fully prepped to make his reasoning seem like he had justification.
Old 19th April 2020, 02:18 AM   #97
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
Except a foil lined box will not shield phone emf.
https://mybroadband.co.za/news/secur...l-shoebox.html
Wrong. I have a meter to test the effectiveness. Even putting the meter behind a 600 x 600 mm board with foil glued to it substantially reduces the radiation. The tin foil shoe box was badly done somehow. It may have registered the missed calls after it was taken out. Or did they somehow "press a button" to answer it. I will repeat the experiment.

I would add that cell phones are remarkably sensitive, and the slightest leakage may be sufficient to get a call although I do not know how the cell phone transmitted back to the tower to establish the call.

I know people who have lined their houses with foil. I did my roof and it was effective. I had to put aluminium mesh across the windows. I also met a wealthy woman who painted her house with five layers of acrylic paint that was mostly carbon and graphite to cut out radiation. It works. I again tested with my meter. It absorbs as well as reflects. BTW - she had to paint the final color coats to get rid of the black.

I am looking for a drastic reduction and not a null

Last edited by PartSkeptic; 19th April 2020 at 02:19 AM.
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2020, 02:50 AM   #98
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Should we start a new thread that my speculations will be proof that God exists? I say that God exists and wants a serious reduction in world population but also that God wants society to change to be more spiritual and cooperative. I say that the death and disruption will only stop when the aims are achieved. So if I am right, then can we take that as proof of God?
You need specific predictions and clear success criteria, especially regarding timescales.

For example, if in 10 years time the world is more or less still bumbling along as it is now would that

1. Prove that God does not exist?

2. Prove that God was not guiding you but say nothing about his existence?

3. Just mean that God hasn't finished with the culling yet?

What would the answers be if there had been several waves of pandemic resulting in millions of death each time but not enough to significantly reduce total population, accompanied by societal changes that you could interpret as making it "more spiritual and cooperative"?

What would the answers be if there was a significant reduction in total population, accompanied by a lurch to the right and totalitarian regimes everywhere?

What if some countries got "more spiritual and cooperative" whilst others got far worse in that respect?

What would the answers be if there was a significant reduction in total population, accompanied by an increase in respect for science and a reduction in religious and "spiritual" beliefs?

And so on.

BTW can I ask the make and model of the meter you are using to determine the level of cell phone radiation? Thanks.
Old 19th April 2020, 04:05 AM   #99
RedStapler
Critical Thinker

If I get even one fail then I consider it a total fail. Thanks once more for spelling it out.
I predict that all will be successful.
RedStapler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2020, 07:27 AM   #100
Hans
Philosopher

I only looked at South Africa. I checked the three key companies by visiting their headquarters. Then I used Google Earth to view the other seven Telco properties from various angles. In the case of one Telco I spoke to a woman whose husband was an employee there who told me about the removal of the antennae. She found it strange that a Telco would do that. There is also a report that the headquarters of ICNIRP were tested by anti-emf scientists and found it to be remarkably low.

It is called a "representative sample".

In other words you didn't do any actual research but instead made it up - is that not correct?

I asked you this specific question on your specific claim:

"They do not have masts near their homes"

You avoided that question and babbled on about something else.

So Conclusion:

You made it up and are now lying about it.

Given that you are trying to convince people you are truthful how do you think that will be received?

Needless to say you also ignored my ITU question also.
Old 20th April 2020, 02:52 AM   #101
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

In other words you didn't do any actual research but instead made it up - is that not correct?

I asked you this specific question on your specific claim:

"They do not have masts near their homes"

You avoided that question and babbled on about something else.

So Conclusion:

You made it up and are now lying about it.

Given that you are trying to convince people you are truthful how do you think that will be received?

Needless to say you also ignored my ITU question also.
I will admit I made an assumption. It was based on two things. One cannot get the addresses of people without connections or police clearance. The other is that they notify the local counselor who is under not obligation to do anything if they choose not to.

If the mast is near a friend's house or a wealthy persons house (Telco execs are wealthy) then there would be an objection from the counselor which would be successful because they listen to elected officials.

I would be happy to give you odds of 10 to 1, but we would not be able to get the proof. So one is left with assumptions using logic from known facts.

I would be most interested in a study but it will not happen. One can hardly get a study on the health of ordinary people around a mast because of pressure from such powerful companies.
Old 20th April 2020, 03:00 AM   #102
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

I am getting confused with all the moving of my posts for apparently trying to derail whatever thread I am on.

I get it. I should go away and stop wasting my time and everyone else's time.
Old 20th April 2020, 03:07 AM   #103
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

I will admit I made an assumption. It was based on two things. One cannot get the addresses of people without connections or police clearance. The other is that they notify the local counselor who is under not obligation to do anything if they choose not to.
So you have no clue where those people live or if they are proximate to any masts. You simply made it up out of whole cloth. Riiiiight.

If the mast is near a friend's house or a wealthy persons house (Telco execs are wealthy) then there would be an objection from the counselor which would be successful because they listen to elected officials.
You also made that up.

I would be happy to give you odds of 10 to 1, but we would not be able to get the proof.
You cannot give odds because you have no data.

So one is left with assumptions using logic from known facts.
Yup, assumptions that you extracted from your nether regions because you have no data. In effect you simply stated that "I made stuff up, therefore it must be logical". That is the antithesis of logic. It's plain old BS.

I would be most interested in a study but it will not happen. One can hardly get a study on the health of ordinary people around a mast because of pressure from such powerful companies.
There are plenty of such studies. Either you are too lazy to go looking for them or you prefer your little fantasy.

abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2020, 03:10 AM   #104
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

I am getting confused with all the moving of my posts for apparently trying to derail whatever thread I am on.
That is nobodies fault but your own.

I don't care. Stay or go as you wish. But you can expect to get a hard time for posting such an abhorrent little CT fantasy.

Old 20th April 2020, 03:35 AM   #105
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

I noticed some posts were missed when this thread was split off, but it didn't seem important enough to report. Clearly someone else noticed and the mistake was corrected.

Quote:
How you spend your time is of course up to you. I don't consider the time I spend responding to you wasted.
Old 20th April 2020, 01:14 PM   #106
Hans
Philosopher

I would be happy to give you odds of 10 to 1, but we would not be able to get the proof. So one is left with assumptions using logic from known facts.

I happen to live three houses down from the Financial officer of the local telephone company. We and she live about a quarter km from a tower. Sorry don't recall if you told us what the danger zone is.

Yes of course you made it up - but I kinda suspected that.

Pretty easy to either look it up or go to their parking lot and follow them home. Detective work isn't particularly difficulty.

Anyway I can see you've built up a fantasy about this subject based on tin foil, fake evil people, lies and making stuff up etc., etc.

Have fun
Old 20th April 2020, 01:15 PM   #107
Hans
Philosopher

I'd suggest you incorporate our questioning your ideas as part of the vast conspiracy against you. Obviously the Telcos have gotten to us too...LOL
Old 21st April 2020, 03:04 AM   #108
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

I happen to live three houses down from the Financial officer of the local telephone company. We and she live about a quarter km from a tower. Sorry don't recall if you told us what the danger zone is.

Yes of course you made it up - but I kinda suspected that.

Pretty easy to either look it up or go to their parking lot and follow them home. Detective work isn't particularly difficulty.

Anyway I can see you've built up a fantasy about this subject based on tin foil, fake evil people, lies and making stuff up etc., etc.

Have fun
Try following an executive from any parking lot here in South Africa. Often they are separate and secure. Employees have to log in and log out of the ordinary lots. Guests must park separately and also go through security checks.

And most people here are suspicious of people following them. I am likely to get shot by security guards. The elite in SA take great care to be anonymous in their private lives.

How about the corona virus fantasy you are currently living in? Is it fun for you? How about my prediction that it will get very much worse - for everyone?

Tin foil (actually aluminium foil) is highly effective. Try learning some science. Anyone looking at the legal papers can see how much evil was employed to get my case kicked out. A lawyer I consulted said he was more shocked than usual.
Old 21st April 2020, 03:11 AM   #109
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

I noticed some posts were missed when this thread was split off, but it didn't seem important enough to report. Clearly someone else noticed and the mistake was corrected.

How you spend your time is of course up to you. I don't consider the time I spend responding to you wasted.

I suppose it was not wasted for either of us. I learned something. How people associate tin foil with crackpots and cannot see the difference. Also that both skeptics and believers will not accept my story until the world begins to really crumble.

I am not sure I will be around. I was really sick yesterday with a flu. Headache, fever, sore throat, body aches and queasy stomach. Also very weak. I slept in a hot room last yesterday and last night and got rid of the worst of it. My wife has had a dry cough for five weeks now. We are in the fourth week of quarantine at home. I suppose I should get tested for Covid. Can it stay in people at a low level for weeks at a time? I usually do not get ordinary flu and do not take flu shots.
Old 21st April 2020, 03:33 AM   #110
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.

Anyone looking at the legal papers can see how much evil was employed to get my case kicked out. A lawyer I consulted said he was more shocked than usual.
You said you were going to link to these.
How's that coming along? I'd like to see this evil for myself.
Old 21st April 2020, 07:51 AM   #111
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
You said you were going to link to these.
How's that coming along? I'd like to see this evil for myself.
I am not going to rush. I think you just want to make work for me. I have plenty on my plate as it is.
Old 21st April 2020, 08:01 AM   #112
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

The world is waiting for the expected explosion in the poor areas of the world.

Let us take the squatter camps of Joburg. Very dense, and there is almost no social distancing taking place.

There are some attributes that these areas have. The people all have cell phones but cannot afford the calls or the data so they are used very infrequently. This means the areas are serviced with a few tall towers whose antennae are directional which means the radiation under the towers is low. The shacks are also nearly all built with gavanized corrugated iron which blocks most of the direct radiation.

This is possibly the case with other densely populated poor areas in the world.

Hospitals, schools, buses, planes, trains are all buzzing internally with WiFi. The high-tech areas are getting hit first. I expect that the poor areas must eventually get hit, but I still say that the electrosmog reduced the immune systems of populations that have been exposed for some years.

If we do not get the explosion of covid cases in these poor areas what reasons (other than electrosmog) could you guys come up with.
Old 21st April 2020, 08:03 AM   #113
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

I'd suggest you incorporate our questioning your ideas as part of the vast conspiracy against you. Obviously the Telcos have gotten to us too...LOL
I am not paranoid. But that will not stop you from suggesting I am.
Old 21st April 2020, 08:38 AM   #114
RedStapler
Critical Thinker

The world is waiting for the expected explosion in the poor areas of the world.

Let us take the squatter camps of Joburg. Very dense, and there is almost no social distancing taking place.

There are some attributes that these areas have. The people all have cell phones but cannot afford the calls or the data so they are used very infrequently. This means the areas are serviced with a few tall towers whose antennae are directional which means the radiation under the towers is low. The shacks are also nearly all built with gavanized corrugated iron which blocks most of the direct radiation.

This is possibly the case with other densely populated poor areas in the world.

Hospitals, schools, buses, planes, trains are all buzzing internally with WiFi. The high-tech areas are getting hit first. I expect that the poor areas must eventually get hit, but I still say that the electrosmog reduced the immune systems of populations that have been exposed for some years.

If we do not get the explosion of covid cases in these poor areas what reasons (other than electrosmog) could you guys come up with.
Logic itself lies before you while you are standing over its mangled corpse, grinning wildly.
Old 21st April 2020, 08:42 AM   #115
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

How about the corona virus fantasy you are currently living in?
What coronavirus fantasy is that? The one you failed to predict either the date or the nature of?

Quote:
How about my prediction that it will get very much worse - for everyone?
I doubt there's anyone here who thinks it's anywhere near over. How much worse it gets will mostly depend on three things: how quickly lockdowns are lifted, how the virus mutates, and how long the immunity from catching it lasts. Whatever happens, life is not going to get back to anything approaching normal until a vaccine is available.

I suppose it was not wasted for either of us.
I got some good mental exercise by marshalling and presenting arguments (useful now I'm retired and am not presented with many intellectual challenges).

Quote:
I learned something. How people associate tin foil with crackpots and cannot see the difference.
The tin foil is in my kitchen drawer, the crackpot is the one wearing it for no good reason. It's a pretty obvious difference.

Quote:
Also that both skeptics and believers will not accept my story until the world begins to really crumble.
I frankly doubt that anyone will ever accept your story, whatever happens, because you haven't made any predictions specific enough for actual events to validate them.

Quote:
I am not sure I will be around. I was really sick yesterday with a flu. Headache, fever, sore throat, body aches and queasy stomach. Also very weak. I slept in a hot room last yesterday and last night and got rid of the worst of it. My wife has had a dry cough for five weeks now. We are in the fourth week of quarantine at home. I suppose I should get tested for Covid. Can it stay in people at a low level for weeks at a time? I usually do not get ordinary flu and do not take flu shots.
My understanding is that, depending on the severity of the case, recovery can take several weeks, so if you were already infected when you went into lockdown it's certainly possible for you to still be experiencing symptoms now.

I hope both you and your wife feel better soon.
Old 21st April 2020, 09:07 AM   #116
Mojo
Mostly harmless

I am not going to rush. I think you just want to make work for me. I have plenty on my plate as it is.

How much work is it to provide a citation for the report that you read in the New Zealand Law Reports?

Just fill in the Xs with year, volume number and page number: [XXXX] X NZLR XXX.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2020, 09:51 AM   #117
Hans
Philosopher

I am not paranoid. But that will not stop you from suggesting I am.
Suggesting? No I based it on what you've said.
Old 21st April 2020, 09:59 AM   #118
Hans
Philosopher

And most people here are suspicious of people following them. I am likely to get shot by security guards. The elite in SA take great care to be anonymous in their private lives.
So you have excuses for everything huh? Since they are so private then it really makes your attempt to say they don't live near towers even MORE silly and obviously made up. Remember you were stating as fact that they didn't live near cell towers.

Kinda hard for you to make a U turn from making stuff up to go back to the resemblance of reliability don't you think?
Old 21st April 2020, 10:27 PM   #119
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

My understanding is that, depending on the severity of the case, recovery can take several weeks, so if you were already infected when you went into lockdown it's certainly possible for you to still be experiencing symptoms now.

I hope both you and your wife feel better soon.
Thanks. I may get tested this morning. What bothers me is that the tests may not be effective for one reason or another, and I wonder if I may be past the viral shedding stage.

Last edited by PartSkeptic; 21st April 2020 at 10:37 PM.
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2020, 10:37 PM   #120
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

What coronavirus fantasy is that? The one you failed to predict either the date or the nature of?

I doubt there's anyone here who thinks it's anywhere near over. How much worse it gets will mostly depend on three things: how quickly lockdowns are lifted, how the virus mutates, and how long the immunity from catching it lasts. Whatever happens, life is not going to get back to anything approaching normal until a vaccine is available.
(snip)
I frankly doubt that anyone will ever accept your story, whatever happens, because you haven't made any predictions specific enough for actual events to validate them.
Predictions are not an exact science - in fact not a science at all. You may not accept my "story", but when the world is in serious turmoil and people are in despair, they might just give it some credence. The point is that God wants major social and spiritual change - with or without a "story" behind it.

So far what God has told me is taking place - and if he exists and if he spoke to me then we are only in the beginning of global chaos. It is hard to imagine it getting much worse, but it would seem that is God's plan.

I look at all the events in my life and they seem to have happened for a reason. There is a clear trail of "lessons". I assume those lessons will not be wasted my dying in the next few weeks or even years.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories