ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Den Hollander , Epstein conspiracies , Esther Salas , Jeffrey Epstein , shooting incidents

Reply
Old 23rd July 2020, 01:58 PM   #81
Jim_MDP
Philosopher
 
Jim_MDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: N.Cal/S.Or
Posts: 7,288
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I just ordered a coffee table off of Wayfair, so... yes, actually.
Coffee table eh?
Blonde maple or Cherry red?
__________________
----------------------
Anything goes in the Goblin hut... anything.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 02:15 PM   #82
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 45,539
Blue steel.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 02:45 PM   #83
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA! USA!
Posts: 22,445
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2020, 10:23 AM   #84
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 12,900
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
All I am reporting is what is being said in the media that supports my pov.
FIFY.
__________________
Music is what feelings sound like

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2020, 10:26 AM   #85
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 20,672
Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
Coffee table eh?
Blonde maple or Cherry red?
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Blue steel.
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Just a hearty "thank you" to all three of you.
__________________
Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2020, 04:35 AM   #86
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher
 
SuburbanTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 5,189
Originally Posted by superfreddy View Post
Wasn't this guy terminally ill? With nothing to lose, going on a vendetta against his perceived enemies seems highly plausible.
Yes.

He is also strongly suspected in the murder of another Mens Right activist, someone who was essentially a rival for fame in the movement.

This guy was trying to make his mark on history through challenging the male-only military draft. His case was stalled in the courts, which he likely blamed on this judge that he later targeted for murder.

Meanwhile, another MRA lawyer was having much more success on a similar draft case on the other side of the country, and it seemed likely that this case would be the one to attain glory. This man was recently murdered by a fake delivery man as well.

There's no reason to go seeing the pedophile cabal or Deustche Bank lurking the shadows here. The disgruntled MRA misogynist with an axe to grind and no reason to live is simple enough to understand.
__________________
Gobble gobble

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 27th July 2020 at 04:36 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 03:11 AM   #87
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 18,912
Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Yes.

He is also strongly suspected in the murder of another Mens Right activist, someone who was essentially a rival for fame in the movement.

This guy was trying to make his mark on history through challenging the male-only military draft. His case was stalled in the courts, which he likely blamed on this judge that he later targeted for murder.

Meanwhile, another MRA lawyer was having much more success on a similar draft case on the other side of the country, and it seemed likely that this case would be the one to attain glory. This man was recently murdered by a fake delivery man as well.

There's no reason to go seeing the pedophile cabal or Deustche Bank lurking the shadows here. The disgruntled MRA misogynist with an axe to grind and no reason to live is simple enough to understand.
A guy with terminal cancer who spent years in Russia setting up their security systems and then devoted his life to issuing frivolous law suits, acquires a Fedex uniform and packaging, gets a gun and knocks on the door of the judge who allowed him his appeal, randomly killing a 20-year-old man and injuring an older guy. Really?

Pull the other leg.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 04:44 AM   #88
JesseCuster
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,145
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
A guy with terminal cancer who spent years in Russia setting up their security systems and then devoted his life to issuing frivolous law suits, acquires a Fedex uniform and packaging, gets a gun and knocks on the door of the judge who allowed him his appeal, randomly killing a 20-year-old man and injuring an older guy.
Can you tell us where you're getting the bolded part from? He worked in Russia "setting up their security systems"? Who's the their in that sentence? "Security" and "intelligence" can mean a lot of things in a lot of contexts, it doesn't necessarily (or mostly, or commonly) mean he's involved in black operations training up Russian secret service agents and stealing secrets from the Russian government, or whatever you have fantasized he was up to while working for a law firm in Russia.

According to his CV, which you're using as your source for this, it says nothing about setting up security systems "for Russia", or working in semi-espionage, or working in espionage, or working as a double agent, or anything of the sort you've linked him with. This appears to be a fantasy you've concocted from seeing the words "Russia" "intelligence" and "security" on his CV, you say you're just reporting on what's reported in the media, but what you're doing is playing the typical CT game of "connecting the dots" and invented a double agent espionage intelligence officer character working for shadowy organisations in espionage and being a double agent, who has not assassinated a judge and was hired on the basis of his intelligence work as a double agent involved in espionage in Russia (none of which actually happened (apart from killing the judge)).

You don't even seem to be sure of the character you're inventing, you've simultaneously built him up to be a double agent involved in espionage in Russia whilst, therefore the kind of person you'd get to assassinate a judge, and then when it was pointed out that he was in fact a rather sad a pathetic MRA lawyer involved in frivilous lawsuits about women's nights at night clubs and with a grudge against this judge, you've set him up as the kind of pathetic loser who you'd get to be a patsy for this kind of crime while the real hitman carried out the actual hit and murdered this guy to make him take the fall.

Typical rambling incoherent, inconsistent CT fare, a fantasy concocted from nothing. Reading between and lines and connecting the dots that results in a very silly story disconnected from the actual facts on the ground.

Last edited by JesseCuster; 29th July 2020 at 04:53 AM.
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 04:47 AM   #89
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In a post-fact world
Posts: 90,743
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
The simplest explanation is that yes, the, meta-assassin was offed as well. It's a murder-suicide with a gratuitously convoluted description.
It's assassins all the way up!

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
My mind quickly flashed to the phrase "turtles all the way down" - probably Mitch McConnell is the assassin.
Ninja'd.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 05:11 AM   #90
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher
 
SuburbanTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 5,189
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
A guy with terminal cancer who spent years in Russia setting up their security systems and then devoted his life to issuing frivolous law suits, acquires a Fedex uniform and packaging, gets a gun and knocks on the door of the judge who allowed him his appeal, randomly killing a 20-year-old man and injuring an older guy. Really?

Pull the other leg.
By the killer's own writings, he was frustrated by the numerous delays to his case. The judge had cancelled a hearing scheduled for June 25th. The rival MRA attorney was going to beat him to the punch with his competing lawsuit challenging the male-only draft.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/26/n...der-judge.html
__________________
Gobble gobble
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 07:03 AM   #91
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 20,522
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
A guy with terminal cancer who spent years in Russia setting up their security systems and then devoted his life to issuing frivolous law suits, acquires a Fedex uniform and packaging, gets a gun and knocks on the door of the judge who allowed him his appeal, randomly killing a 20-year-old man and injuring an older guy. Really?

Pull the other leg.
You have evidence to the contrary?
__________________
A MAGA hat = a Swastika arm band. A vote for Trump is a vote for treason.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 08:03 AM   #92
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 45,539
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
It's assassins all the way up around!
FTFY.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 08:17 AM   #93
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 20,672
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
FTFY.
Woooah . . . . mind blown! <poof sound> <jaw drop emoji>

- Bill or Ted, probably
__________________
Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 08:21 AM   #94
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 12,900
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
A guy with terminal cancer who spent years in Russia setting up their security systems and then devoted his life to issuing frivolous law suits, acquires a Fedex uniform and packaging, gets a gun and knocks on the door of the judge who allowed him his appeal, randomly killing a 20-year-old man and injuring an older guy. Really?

Pull the other leg.
The Russian "security system" was in place before the shooter was born.

ETA - didn't that bio you posted state he was in Russia for one year?

ETA 2:

RESUME
Anti-Feminist litigation, investigations, and advice on general corporate matters.
M.B.A. Columbia University Business School with Honors, J.D. George Washington University Law School with High Honors.

WORK EXPERIENCE
Attorney and Business Consultant, New York, N.Y., 2000-Present
Litigate civil cases, including men's rights, immigration fraud, insurance subrogation, and RICO.
Advise businesses on corporate governance, contracts and litigation.

Kroll Associates Russia, Moscow, Russia, 1999-2000
Managed and upgraded Kroll’s delivery of intelligence and security in the former Soviet Union.
Attorney, New York, N.Y., Russia, Ecuador, 1990-1999
Counseled companies, individuals, and nonprofit organizations in America, Russia, and Ecuador on legal and
business issues, including international financing and marketing.<snip>


In the time honored tradition of CTist math, one year in Russia became "years."
__________________
Music is what feelings sound like

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus

Last edited by BStrong; 29th July 2020 at 08:28 AM.
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 08:26 AM   #95
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA! USA!
Posts: 22,445
One years. The number one is plural because it's greater than zero. This is axiomatic.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 09:42 AM   #96
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 12,900
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
One years. The number one is plural because it's greater than zero. This is axiomatic.
Good catch!
__________________
Music is what feelings sound like

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 11:01 AM   #97
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 18,912
Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
The Russian "security system" was in place before the shooter was born.

ETA - didn't that bio you posted state he was in Russia for one year?

ETA 2:

RESUME
Anti-Feminist litigation, investigations, and advice on general corporate matters.
M.B.A. Columbia University Business School with Honors, J.D. George Washington University Law School with High Honors.

WORK EXPERIENCE
Attorney and Business Consultant, New York, N.Y., 2000-Present
Litigate civil cases, including men's rights, immigration fraud, insurance subrogation, and RICO.
Advise businesses on corporate governance, contracts and litigation.

Kroll Associates Russia, Moscow, Russia, 1999-2000
Managed and upgraded Kroll’s delivery of intelligence and security in the former Soviet Union.
Attorney, New York, N.Y., Russia, Ecuador, 1990-1999
Counseled companies, individuals, and nonprofit organizations in America, Russia, and Ecuador on legal and
business issues, including international financing and marketing.<snip>


In the time honored tradition of CTist math, one year in Russia became "years."
Did you miss:
  1. The other ten years: "Attorney, New York, N.Y., Russia, Ecuador, 1990-1999
    Counseled companies, individuals, and nonprofit organizations in America, Russia, and Ecuador on legal and
    business issues, including international financing and marketing.<snip>"
  2. The reference to KROLL?

As for his 'terminal' cancer he still seemed pretty agile, did he not? If it was prostate cancer, he could have been going for another fifteen years.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 11:23 AM   #98
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 18,912
This is a tweet from someone called 'Sherlock':

Quote:
Why do I keep seeing the same names over and over. Circles are tight. Clinton, Bush, Epstein, CIA, Deutche Bank, Kroll, Ghislaine.....Time for accountability. #cleanupcrew #suicided #maxwell #salas #ItsOkayToNotBeOkay #VoteBlueToSaveAmerica

Not saying I agree with him, just saying.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 11:23 AM   #99
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 12,900
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Did you miss:
  1. The other ten years: "Attorney, New York, N.Y., Russia, Ecuador, 1990-1999
    Counseled companies, individuals, and nonprofit organizations in America, Russia, and Ecuador on legal and
    business issues, including international financing and marketing.<snip>"
  2. The reference to KROLL?

As for his 'terminal' cancer he still seemed pretty agile, did he not? If it was prostate cancer, he could have been going for another fifteen years.
Nice dodge but no escape and your running goalposts are clearly gassed.

MRA nutjob did what nutjobs do. No grand supervillain fantasy construct required.
__________________
Music is what feelings sound like

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 11:27 AM   #100
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher
 
SuburbanTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 5,189
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
This is a tweet from someone called 'Sherlock':




Not saying I agree with him, just saying.
JAQing off by proxy.
__________________
Gobble gobble
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 11:35 AM   #101
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 12,900
Vixen quoted tweet:

"Why do I keep seeing the same names over and over. Circles are tight. Clinton, Bush, Epstein, CIA, Deutche Bank, Kroll, Ghislaine.....Time for accountability. #cleanupcrew #suicided #maxwell #salas #ItsOkayToNotBeOkay #VoteBlueToSaveAmerica"

Qanon fan left out one name...Trump. Qanon spokesperson at work - go to the one minute mark, NSFW language

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
__________________
Music is what feelings sound like

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 11:37 AM   #102
JesseCuster
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,145
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Did you miss:
  1. The other ten years: "Attorney, New York, N.Y., Russia, Ecuador, 1990-1999
    Counseled companies, individuals, and nonprofit organizations in America, Russia, and Ecuador on legal and
    business issues, including international financing and marketing.<snip>"
  2. The reference to KROLL?
Nothing in there about being involved in semi-espionage, espionage, being a double agent or setting up security systems for Russia. If you're just reporting on what the media says, then can you tell us where the media are reporting that he was involved in espionage, being a double agent and was involved in setting up the Russian security system?

Because so far it looks like you just made up all that, just wild speculation based upon seeing what you think are buzz words in his resume.
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 11:40 AM   #103
JesseCuster
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,145
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
This is a tweet from someone called 'Sherlock':




Not saying I agree with him, just saying.
Keep maintaining your plausible deniability so you don't have to answer any direct questions. You're just reporting on what the media says (even though you aren't), you're not agreeing with what some random Twitter user says (you're 'just saying'), etc.

Straight out of the fringe playbook. Just ask questions, make vague implications, etc. so that when you're asked you can shrug your shoulders and say you never actually directly said anything and don't have to answer for anything.
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 12:36 PM   #104
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 14,853
Originally Posted by Vixen(from Twitter)
"Why do I keep seeing the same names over and over....."
Its called confirmation bias. Conspiracy theorist nutjobs are all obsessed with the same people?

Moon Hoax nuts are all obsessed with the astronauts, particularly Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, and with Gene Krantz, probably the most outspoken of the mission controllers as regards hoax nuts

JFK assassination conspiracy nuts are all obsessed with the same people and alphabet soup - CIA, FBI, NSA, Lyndon B. Johnson, E. Howard Hunt, Bernard Weissman, Jack Ruby.

This is normal (at least for the conspiracy theory fruitcakes). They imagine a cabal of bad actors. Their expectation is that this cabal will be comprised of rich, powerful, connected people, so rich, powerful, connected people become their obvious choices for membership of their cabal.
__________________
"Woke" is a pejorative term used by racists, homophobes and misogynists to describe people who possess a fully functional moral compass.

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 12:46 PM   #105
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 18,912
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Its called confirmation bias. Conspiracy theorist nutjobs are all obsessed with the same people?

Moon Hoax nuts are all obsessed with the astronauts, particularly Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, and with Gene Krantz, probably the most outspoken of the mission controllers as regards hoax nuts

JFK assassination conspiracy nuts are all obsessed with the same people and alphabet soup - CIA, FBI, NSA, Lyndon B. Johnson, E. Howard Hunt, Bernard Weissman, Jack Ruby.

This is normal (at least for the conspiracy theory fruitcakes). They imagine a cabal of bad actors. Their expectation is that this cabal will be comprised of rich, powerful, connected people, so rich, powerful, connected people become their obvious choices for membership of their cabal.
You are a PR agent's dream if you can see no questions arising from JFK's assassination.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 02:26 PM   #106
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing
 
Babbylonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12,903
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
You are a PR agent's dream if you can see no questions arising from JFK's assassination.
You should probably pay attention to the overarching point which is that there will always be questions, but filling in those answers with fantasies isn't particularly useful unless you're going to write a novel (or TV show or movie or whatever).

In this particular case, there really aren't any significant questions. You're attempting to fit this tragic event into a big conspiracy because that's what gets you off. None of us can win in the reality you inhabit because if the story is simple it's suspicious and if the story is complex it's obviously the work of a shadowy cabal.

You're not following the evidence or connecting the dots. You're just making up nonsense because you've chosen to live in a super-scary world where everything that happens is controlled by a super-scary conspiracy, such a super-scary conspiracy that it lets its opponents tell us all about it every single day without silencing them.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 06:22 PM   #107
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 14,853
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
You are a PR agent's dream if you can see no questions arising from JFK's assassination.
Oh, I can see questions alright, but they have all been answered many years ago. JFK was assassinated by a disgruntled nobody called Lee Harvey Oswald, who acted alone. Any other theory of the crime is pure frootloop nutjobbery.

But this is not the place to debate JFK, that is here...

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=329916

...I invite you to come on over. That thread is packed with experts on the JFK assassination who will tear your arguments to shreds.
__________________
"Woke" is a pejorative term used by racists, homophobes and misogynists to describe people who possess a fully functional moral compass.

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2020, 06:53 PM   #108
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 14,853
Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
You should probably pay attention to the overarching point which is that there will always be questions, but filling in those answers with fantasies isn't particularly useful unless you're going to write a novel (or TV show or movie or whatever).

In this particular case, there really aren't any significant questions. You're attempting to fit this tragic event into a big conspiracy because that's what gets you off. None of us can win in the reality you inhabit because if the story is simple it's suspicious and if the story is complex it's obviously the work of a shadowy cabal.

You're not following the evidence or connecting the dots. You're just making up nonsense because you've chosen to live in a super-scary world where everything that happens is controlled by a super-scary conspiracy, such a super-scary conspiracy that it lets its opponents tell us all about it every single day without silencing them.
Indeed, debunkers are always at a disadvantage when debating conspiritards. We are stuck with facts; real, invariable, stubborn facts... all we have to work with is reality; with what actually happened. Conspiracy nutjobs, on the other hand, can (and do) just expand or change the conspiracy at will, altering "facts" at will, or even creating them out of whole cloth.

To paraphrase S.G. Collins...

"Once you are forced to hypothesise whole new "facts" to keep your conspiracy possible, you have stepped over into the realm of magic, requiring of you a deep and abiding faith in things you can never know."
__________________
"Woke" is a pejorative term used by racists, homophobes and misogynists to describe people who possess a fully functional moral compass.

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2020, 03:30 AM   #109
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 3,501
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Indeed, debunkers are always at a disadvantage when debating conspiritards. We are stuck with facts; real, invariable, stubborn facts... all we have to work with is reality; with what actually happened. Conspiracy nutjobs, on the other hand, can (and do) just expand or change the conspiracy at will, altering "facts" at will, or even creating them out of whole cloth.

To paraphrase S.G. Collins...

"Once you are forced to hypothesise whole new "facts" to keep your conspiracy possible, you have stepped over into the realm of magic, requiring of you a deep and abiding faith in things you can never know."
Uncovering the truth by making up facts does seem a rather strange way of going about things.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2020, 12:18 PM   #110
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 4,583
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
You are a PR agent's dream if you can see no questions arising from JFK's assassination.
We've got multiple threads on that including an active one.

ALL of the questions relating to the assassination have been answered and were answered in 1964. Suspicion based on paranoia makes nothing real.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2020, 01:36 PM   #111
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 18,912
Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
You should probably pay attention to the overarching point which is that there will always be questions, but filling in those answers with fantasies isn't particularly useful unless you're going to write a novel (or TV show or movie or whatever).

In this particular case, there really aren't any significant questions. You're attempting to fit this tragic event into a big conspiracy because that's what gets you off. None of us can win in the reality you inhabit because if the story is simple it's suspicious and if the story is complex it's obviously the work of a shadowy cabal.

You're not following the evidence or connecting the dots. You're just making up nonsense because you've chosen to live in a super-scary world where everything that happens is controlled by a super-scary conspiracy, such a super-scary conspiracy that it lets its opponents tell us all about it every single day without silencing them.
Thank you for your personalised opinion.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2020, 01:41 PM   #112
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 18,912
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Indeed, debunkers are always at a disadvantage when debating conspiritards. We are stuck with facts; real, invariable, stubborn facts... all we have to work with is reality; with what actually happened. Conspiracy nutjobs, on the other hand, can (and do) just expand or change the conspiracy at will, altering "facts" at will, or even creating them out of whole cloth.

To paraphrase S.G. Collins...

"Once you are forced to hypothesise whole new "facts" to keep your conspiracy possible, you have stepped over into the realm of magic, requiring of you a deep and abiding faith in things you can never know."
You can't know that the Salas killer was 'just another nut' any more than you can know the truth about Sirhan Sirhan and Lee Oswald Harvey, the truth about one of the Twin Towers seeming to implode from the inside (I was watching this live on TV at work [my boss liked to have a TV on his desk as he was a gambling addict and needed to keep up with the horse racing], the truth about the death of Marilyn Monroe or Diana. Your saying they are all perfectly innocent doesn't make it so.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2020, 01:45 PM   #113
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 18,912
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
We've got multiple threads on that including an active one.

ALL of the questions relating to the assassination have been answered and were answered in 1964. Suspicion based on paranoia makes nothing real.
Not so. There was a recent documentary showing the various angles of the shooting, raising all sorts of new questions.

Yeah, yeah, a US president being assassinated is all very innocent. I'm sure.

Fact is, a lawyer and a court of law in determining evidence, will look at chronology - the time line - which is extremely important in understanding what has taken place. In the Salas case, the time line shows that just five days before Fedex in costume knocked, Judge Salas had been assigned the DeutscheBank money laundering and corruption case.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2020, 02:15 PM   #114
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing
 
Babbylonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12,903
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Fact is, a lawyer and a court of law in determining evidence, will look at chronology - the time line - which is extremely important in understanding what has taken place. In the Salas case, the time line shows that just five days before Fedex in costume knocked, Judge Salas had been assigned the DeutscheBank money laundering and corruption case.
Five days? What had he done in those five days to make himself a threat needing violent, murderous correction?
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2020, 02:30 PM   #115
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 18,912
Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
Five days? What had he done in those five days to make himself a threat needing violent, murderous correction?
It's called intimidation of witnesses, judges, prosecutors. The mafia in Italy have killed off lots of judges and tampered with witnesses.

The claim he had a personal grudge against judge Salas doesn't really wash as she found in his favour and granted him leave to appeal. The last contact was over five years ago. If this guy had a grudge against women, which he did to an Iron John extent - all because his Russian wife just used him to get a Green Card and dumped him as soon as she set foot in the USA - and a personal grudge against judge Salas, then it is telling that he didn't actually shoot the female person, nor the judge. In true mafia style, who ever answered the door got sprayed.

This demented dude an elderly guy with terminal cancer is found dead shortly after, wearing a Fedex uniform and a package marked Fedex addressed to judge Salas lest anyone be unclear that he is the guy 'who must have carried out the shooting' - short of his assassin hanging a note on his chest saying, 'Here lieth the body of Roy, Who dieth the naughtiest boy, He shot himself dead, three times in the head, once more in the chest to decoy.'

Riiight.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2020, 03:09 PM   #116
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing
 
Babbylonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12,903
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
It's called intimidation of witnesses, judges, prosecutors. The mafia in Italy have killed off lots of judges and tampered with witnesses.

The claim he had a personal grudge against judge Salas doesn't really wash as she found in his favour and granted him leave to appeal. The last contact was over five years ago. If this guy had a grudge against women, which he did to an Iron John extent - all because his Russian wife just used him to get a Green Card and dumped him as soon as she set foot in the USA - and a personal grudge against judge Salas, then it is telling that he didn't actually shoot the female person, nor the judge. In true mafia style, who ever answered the door got sprayed.

This demented dude an elderly guy with terminal cancer is found dead shortly after, wearing a Fedex uniform and a package marked Fedex addressed to judge Salas lest anyone be unclear that he is the guy 'who must have carried out the shooting' - short of his assassin hanging a note on his chest saying, 'Here lieth the body of Roy, Who dieth the naughtiest boy, He shot himself dead, three times in the head, once more in the chest to decoy.'

Riiight.
Personal incredulity combined with conspiracy paranoia. I'm sure you'll convince many with those powerful analytical tools.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2020, 04:48 PM   #117
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 20,522
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
It's called intimidation of witnesses, judges, prosecutors. The mafia in Italy have killed off lots of judges and tampered with witnesses.

The claim he had a personal grudge against judge Salas doesn't really wash as she found in his favour and granted him leave to appeal. The last contact was over five years ago. If this guy had a grudge against women, which he did to an Iron John extent - all because his Russian wife just used him to get a Green Card and dumped him as soon as she set foot in the USA - and a personal grudge against judge Salas, then it is telling that he didn't actually shoot the female person, nor the judge. In true mafia style, who ever answered the door got sprayed.

This demented dude an elderly guy with terminal cancer is found dead shortly after, wearing a Fedex uniform and a package marked Fedex addressed to judge Salas lest anyone be unclear that he is the guy 'who must have carried out the shooting' - short of his assassin hanging a note on his chest saying, 'Here lieth the body of Roy, Who dieth the naughtiest boy, He shot himself dead, three times in the head, once more in the chest to decoy.'

Riiight.
You need to stop watching "Jason Borne" films. Life is not a summer action movie.
__________________
A MAGA hat = a Swastika arm band. A vote for Trump is a vote for treason.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2020, 05:17 PM   #118
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 4,583
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Not so. There was a recent documentary showing the various angles of the shooting, raising all sorts of new questions.

Yeah, yeah, a US president being assassinated is all very innocent. I'm sure.
There are also recent documentaries about Bigfoot. Doesn't make them fact. And seriously, there are no new questions, just re-hashed old questions by people believing in magic beans.



Quote:
Fact is, a lawyer and a court of law in determining evidence, will look at chronology - the time line - which is extremely important in understanding what has taken place. In the Salas case, the time line shows that just five days before Fedex in costume knocked, Judge Salas had been assigned the DeutscheBank money laundering and corruption case.
That lawyer would also have to prove relevance or the case gets thrown out.

Should point out that in the real world the plaintiffs get murdered, not the judge.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2020, 05:46 PM   #119
JesseCuster
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,145
When you want to intimidate judges, witness, prosecutors, etc., you need to send them a clear message that their enemies are out to get them and they better step into line or they'll be the next vicitim or the threats will be carried out.

What you don't do is set up a pathetic anti-feminist MRA activity lawyer with a grudge, who has a terminal illness, make a botched assassination on a judge, commit suicide, leave behind him screeds of MRA anti-feminist material, etc.

When the mafia assassinate a judge, they want other judges and prosecutors that was the mafia who assassinated the judge, because that's how you send a message. "Don't **** with the mafia or we'll get you next". You need to know it was the mafia (or whatever shadowy organisation is out to get you).

This is a really stupid way to send a message to prosecutors and judges by convincing them that the gunman was a sad pathetic loner deep into the MRA anti-feminist movement who killed himself after failing to kill his target.

What ad-hoc excuse are you going to come up for why this actually somehow makes sense?

Last edited by JesseCuster; 30th July 2020 at 05:49 PM.
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2020, 05:48 PM   #120
JesseCuster
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,145
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
In true mafia style, who ever answered the door got sprayed.
Is that actually "true mafia style" or idle speculation made to turn a failed amateurish attempt at murdering a judge into a professional hit carried out by powerful organised criminals?

I want to know where you gleaned that supposed piece of information from.

You're trying to wash your hands of having to answer questions like this by claiming you're just reporting what the media says, but I have doubts that these kind of claims you're getting from the media (like the "espionage/double agent" speculation you've indulged in and the "setting up Russian security systems" claims who've made about this guys work in Russia, nothing in his CV you've link to says anything of the sort).

Last edited by JesseCuster; 30th July 2020 at 06:00 PM.
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:37 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.