ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Den Hollander , Epstein conspiracies , Esther Salas , Jeffrey Epstein , shooting incidents

Reply
Old 30th July 2020, 06:30 PM   #121
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing
 
Babbylonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12,903
Originally Posted by JesseCuster View Post
Is that actually "true mafia style" or idle speculation made to turn a failed amateurish attempt at murdering a judge into a professional hit carried out by powerful organised criminals?
Apart from friends shooting [former] friends with small-caliber weapons when they don't expect it followed by placement of the body in a pre-dug hole, I'm pretty sure there is no "true mafia style." It's just whomever is willing to kill is sent to kill.

All the trying to make it look like an accident or framing another person (beyond a nebulous "maybe some other organization did it") are products of fiction writers who want to make their work more entertaining.

In this case, we've got a guy who believed he was going to die who probably panicked when the door opened and shot the wrong person. At that point, between the guilt of killing an innocent (in his mind) person and the belief that death was imminent anyway, the murderer selected suicide instead of a miserable term in prison that wasn't going to last long anyway. I really can't fault his terminal reasoning; if only he'd been thinking so clearly and logically before he started shooting people.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2020, 08:49 PM   #122
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 14,853
Originally Posted by JesseCuster View Post
When you want to intimidate judges, witness, prosecutors, etc., you need to send them a clear message that their enemies are out to get them and they better step into line or they'll be the next vicitim or the threats will be carried out.

What you don't do is set up a pathetic anti-feminist MRA activity lawyer with a grudge, who has a terminal illness, make a botched assassination on a judge, commit suicide, leave behind him screeds of MRA anti-feminist material, etc.

When the mafia assassinate a judge, they want other judges and prosecutors that was the mafia who assassinated the judge, because that's how you send a message. "Don't **** with the mafia or we'll get you next". You need to know it was the mafia (or whatever shadowy organisation is out to get you).

This is a really stupid way to send a message to prosecutors and judges by convincing them that the gunman was a sad pathetic loner deep into the MRA anti-feminist movement who killed himself after failing to kill his target.

What ad-hoc excuse are you going to come up for why this actually somehow makes sense?
THIS!!!

Conspiracy Nutjob's Handbook 101: The perpetrators will leave a crapload of obvious clues to show what they have done.

In the real world, government hit squads leave NO CLUES AT ALL

Honestly, conspiratards must think government agents are really stupid and really incompetant. The scenario Vixen is claiming plays out like a bad episode of the keystone cops!
__________________
"Woke" is a pejorative term used by racists, homophobes and misogynists to describe people who possess a fully functional moral compass.

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2020, 08:02 AM   #123
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 12,900
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
It's called intimidation of witnesses, judges, prosecutors. The mafia in Italy have killed off lots of judges and tampered with witnesses.

snipped
Citation needed.

The assassination of one prosecutor in Sicily:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Falcone

In the major crackdown against the Mafia following Falcone and Borsellino's deaths, Riina was arrested on 15 January 1993, and was serving a life sentence, until his death in 2017, for sanctioning the murders of both magistrates as well as many other crimes.[32] Another Mafioso convicted of the murder of Falcone is Giovanni Brusca, also known as lo scannacristiani (the people slaughterer). He was one of Riina's associates, who admitted to being the one who detonated the explosives.[33]

I guess we can add the Mafia to the list of things you mythologize.
__________________
Music is what feelings sound like

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2020, 01:15 PM   #124
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 14,853
Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
Citation needed.

The assassination of one prosecutor in Sicily:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Falcone

In the major crackdown against the Mafia following Falcone and Borsellino's deaths, Riina was arrested on 15 January 1993, and was serving a life sentence, until his death in 2017, for sanctioning the murders of both magistrates as well as many other crimes.[32] Another Mafioso convicted of the murder of Falcone is Giovanni Brusca, also known as lo scannacristiani (the people slaughterer). He was one of Riina's associates, who admitted to being the one who detonated the explosives.[33]

I guess we can add the Mafia to the list of things you mythologize.
Correct.

The Mafia stopped killing judges when they realised that doing so brought a ****-storm down on them. IIRC, it one of the reasons why some Mafia families cut their ties with the Sicilian Mafia is for that very reason. Furthermore, again IIRC, there were some Mafia members who declared an intent to kill a judge and were promptly offed by other Mafia members.

Vixen's claim that the Mafia routinely bump off judges is Hollywood movie fiction - to my best recollection the last two judges to be assassinated by the Mafia were the two you mentioned; Giovanni Falcone and Paolo Borsellino, both killed by the Sicilian Mafia, and both within a couple of months of each other, and that was almost 30 years ago, back in 1992.
__________________
"Woke" is a pejorative term used by racists, homophobes and misogynists to describe people who possess a fully functional moral compass.

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !

Last edited by smartcooky; 31st July 2020 at 01:17 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2020, 01:44 AM   #125
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 18,912
Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
Apart from friends shooting [former] friends with small-caliber weapons when they don't expect it followed by placement of the body in a pre-dug hole, I'm pretty sure there is no "true mafia style." It's just whomever is willing to kill is sent to kill.

All the trying to make it look like an accident or framing another person (beyond a nebulous "maybe some other organization did it") are products of fiction writers who want to make their work more entertaining.

In this case, we've got a guy who believed he was going to die who probably panicked when the door opened and shot the wrong person. At that point, between the guilt of killing an innocent (in his mind) person and the belief that death was imminent anyway, the murderer selected suicide instead of a miserable term in prison that wasn't going to last long anyway. I really can't fault his terminal reasoning; if only he'd been thinking so clearly and logically before he started shooting people.

Panicked? Seriously? A guy who had obviously put considerable thought into planning the crime to the extent of acquiring a Fedex costume, didn't anticipate the door being opened by any random person other than his target? He had terminal cancer yet was still mobile and active but decided to top himself and take out other people at the same time?

You stick with your conjecture and speculation and I'll stay with the facts as they are presented.

Wow and you present ypurself as 'the voice of reason'.

__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2020, 02:05 AM   #126
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 18,912
A news outlet is now suggesting the murder was somehow linked to Judge Salas being Hispanic.

Quote:
Two days before Yoho accosted Ocasio-Cortez, Roy Den Hollander allegedly showed up at federal Judge Esther Salas’ home in New Jersey disguised as a FedEx delivery person. He rang the doorbell and then shot her 20-year old son and her husband. Tragically, Judge Salas’ son did not survive the shooting.

Judge Salas, a first-generation lawyer, is the first Hispanic to serve as a federal district court judge in New Jersey. Den Hollander is a self-described anti-feminist lawyer and he disparaged Judge Salas in his autobiography, in which he wrote Judge Salas was a “lazy and incompetent Latina judge appointed by Obama.”
So here comes the new conspiracy theory:

Quote:
Den Hollander openly hated Judge Salas because of both her race and gender yet he is not consistently described as a racist or Latina-hating men’s rights activist. His opposition to women is centered. Judge Salas’ son is now dead because an unhinged White man hated her and he hated her because of her multiple identities.

Despite Den Hollander’s open hatred for women and specifically women of color, he was celebrated and given a platform. His position was chalked up to “politics” and “differences in opinion. ” Violent verbal attacks against women of color are normalized and par for the course.
This presupposes Roy Den Hollander was a racist which IMV is begging the question, just as much as it begs the question, 'Judge Salas was shot [- by proxy of her son instead of her -] because she was a woman' or because 'She once crossed the guy's path five years ago and he had a grudge ever since', [despite her finding in favour his motion].

The fact she was female and latina, does not make it so IMV that these are the reasons she was targetted. The 'voice of reason' believes this to be the obvious reason and any other consideration is a crazy conspiracy theory, despite the fact Judge Salas had been handed the potentially highly conroversial Deutsche Bank corruption case just five days earlier implicating the influential movers and shakers that run the establishment.

Of course, the self-professed 'voice of reason' doesn't have enough reason to work out that a guy with terminal cancer who hates women and Hispanics and who wants to make a point have just gunned down any such individual from his car window, without having to dress up in costume and attend a specific address.

The 'voice of reason': hahaha!
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2020, 02:57 AM   #127
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 3,501
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post

You stick with your conjecture and speculation and I'll stay with the facts as they are presented.

Wow and you present ypurself as 'the voice of reason'.
"The facts as they are presented". Mm-hmm.


Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
You can't know that the Salas killer was 'just another nut' any more than you can know the truth about Sirhan Sirhan and Lee Oswald Harvey, the truth about one of the Twin Towers seeming to implode from the inside (I was watching this live on TV at work [my boss liked to have a TV on his desk as he was a gambling addict and needed to keep up with the horse racing], the truth about the death of Marilyn Monroe or Diana. Your saying they are all perfectly innocent doesn't make it so.

Originally Posted by Vixen, seconded by Cosmic Yak View Post
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2020, 07:19 AM   #128
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing
 
Babbylonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12,903
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Panicked? Seriously? A guy who had obviously put considerable thought into planning the crime to the extent of acquiring a Fedex costume, didn't anticipate the door being opened by any random person other than his target? He had terminal cancer yet was still mobile and active but decided to top himself and take out other people at the same time?

You stick with your conjecture and speculation and I'll stay with the facts as they are presented.

Wow and you present ypurself as 'the voice of reason'.
How many people had he shot and killed? Planning doesn't equal experience, even (especially?) for an addled MRA anti-feminist.

It might also be interesting to find out exactly what made his cancer terminal. The most common reason would be widespread metastasis. Such metastasis could include brain lesions which can obviously cause profound personality changes.

Note that I offer these thoughts as speculation instead of as a fantasy story that I claim as undeniable truth. I also don't add absurd elements without solid evidence for them.

ETA: Also, I never claimed to be the voice of reason. It really doesn't take much reason to see your stories as CT nonsense.

Last edited by Babbylonian; 1st August 2020 at 07:22 AM.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2020, 07:53 AM   #129
JesseCuster
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,145
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
You stick with your conjecture and speculation and I'll stay with the facts as they are presented.
The guy was involved in setting up security systems for Russia, he was involved in espionage in Russia, possibly worked as a double agent...

Those kind of 'facts'?
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 03:00 AM   #130
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 3,501
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post


This presupposes Roy Den Hollander was a racist which IMV is begging the question,
Have you checked this? His writings are online. Have you read any of them?

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
just as much as it begs the question, 'Judge Salas was shot [- by proxy of her son instead of her -] because she was a woman' or because 'She once crossed the guy's path five years ago and he had a grudge ever since', [despite her finding in favour his motion].

The fact she was female and latina, does not make it so IMV that these are the reasons she was targetted.
Again, have you read what he said about her? It seems pretty clear to me that these are exactly the reasons he targeted her.

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
The 'voice of reason' believes this to be the obvious reason and any other consideration is a crazy conspiracy theory, despite the fact Judge Salas had been handed the potentially highly conroversial Deutsche Bank corruption case just five days earlier implicating the influential movers and shakers that run the establishment.
If you are going to stick to 'the facts as presented', then you should name these 'influential movers and shakers', and perhaps outline, with supporting evidence, what you think happened.
Otherwise, this is just insinuation and speculation, not fact.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:01 AM   #131
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 18,912
Some interesting facts about attacks on Judges:

Quote:
Judges targeted
According to the U.S. Marshals Service, there were 4,449 threats and inappropriate communications against federal judges, prosecutors and court officials in 2019. In 2015, that number was 926. Over that same period, the number of threats investigated rose from 305 to 373, peaking at 531 in 2018. The U.S. Marshals Service does not break down this data by gender.

Deadly attacks on federal judges are relatively rare and have primarily involved men, who, according to the Center for American Progress, make up the majority of the seats. Among the handful or so who have been killed was Arizona federal judge John Roll, one of six people who died in the 2011 shooting massacre targeting U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.

In 2005, Illinois federal judge Joan Humphrey Lefkow lost her husband and mother in a targeted attack at her Chicago home.

Julie Kocurek, the first female criminal district judge in Travis County, survived an attempted assassination outside her home in Austin in 2015, according to the Austin American-Statesman.

According to the New York Times, investigators found a list in Den Hollander's rental car with the names of three other female judges on it, one of them -- like Salas -- is also a federal judge. Another was New York Chief Judge Janet DiFiore, her spokesman had previously confirmed to ABC News. The third was a state judge who had presided over one of Den Hollander's cases, the Times reported.

"Being a federal judge in general is a role that can make enemies. People can be pretty upset about your decisions," Emily Martin, vice president of education and workplace justice for the National Women's Law Center, told ABC News. "When you layer that with the fact that if you are a woman, if you are a person of color, there's a deeper vein of hostility and hatred that those reactions can tap into."
https://abcnews.go.com/US/threats-ju...ry?id=72061296

Personally I am sceptical that Den Hollander 'had such a hatred of women he decided to kill a female judge' in a complicated costume scenario. Yeah, it happens every day.

We'll never know the truth of the matter as the case is closed. If it was a mafia of some sort - and Russia has some of the worst organised criminal groups involved in money laundering - then it just committed the perfect crime and the message sent.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:10 AM   #132
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing
 
Babbylonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12,903
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Some interesting facts about attacks on Judges:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/threats-ju...ry?id=72061296

Personally I am sceptical that Den Hollander 'had such a hatred of women he decided to kill a female judge' in a complicated costume scenario. Yeah, it happens every day.

We'll never know the truth of the matter as the case is closed. If it was a mafia of some sort - and Russia has some of the worst organised criminal groups involved in money laundering - then it just committed the perfect crime and the message sent.
No! You don't get away with that **** here. If nobody apart from conspiracy cranks gets the message, then the message hasn't really been "sent."

If the Russians really wanted to send a message at this point, polonium would likely be the medium. They certainly wouldn't engage in this kind of absurdly complicated frame job that makes sense in its own demented way.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 12:25 PM   #133
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 4,583
I'll say it again:

The smart move is to kill the plaintiffs. Even if the trial continues and the court rules against you the decision is overturned on appeal. Either way it gives the next people in line thinking about filing a suit something to think about.

Plus, the trial hadn't begun so there was an even chance the verdict would have been in the bank's favor because if you read charges they're kind of thin.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 12:31 PM   #134
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 45,539
Isn't killing the plaintiffs a giant neon arrow pointing straight at the defendants, screaming, "investigate me for murder!"?

That doesn't seem like the smart move at all. That seems like the kind of move to be embarrassed about saying the first time, let alone saying again.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 01:40 PM   #135
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 20,748
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Have you checked this?
Yes.

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
His writings are online. Have you read any of them?
Yes.

According to those we are entitled to batter seven shades of snot out of Vixen and she is obliged to thank us for the favour.

I cannot explain why on earth she holds such a plainly nutty position.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 02:23 PM   #136
catsmate
No longer the 1
 
catsmate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 22,480
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Panicked? Seriously?
Yes. Some of us are familiar with The Real World.

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
A guy who had obviously put considerable thought into planning the crime to the extent of acquiring a Fedex costume, didn't anticipate the door being opened by any random person other than his target? He had terminal cancer yet was still mobile and active but decided to top himself and take out other people at the same time?
So what?

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
You stick with your conjecture and speculation and I'll stay with the facts as they are presented.
That'd be the facts that utterly contradict the childish nonsense you're spewing?
__________________
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 04:16 PM   #137
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 4,583
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Isn't killing the plaintiffs a giant neon arrow pointing straight at the defendants, screaming, "investigate me for murder!"?

That doesn't seem like the smart move at all. That seems like the kind of move to be embarrassed about saying the first time, let alone saying again.
First, that's why it's not a common occurrence in the US. Second, if the killers are professionals there's no way to directly trace it back. And while everyone knows who's behind it nothing can be done without proof.

Most of the time plaintiffs and witnesses are simply intimidated into silence. I refer to US street gang violence as well as organized crime, but it seems to work elsewhere if the accused is motivated. The main problem is that the violence level in the US in certain cities that murder doesn't stand out any more. The byproduct of this is that homicide detectives are sharper than they've ever been.

In this specific case there is no conspiracy. Just bad timing.

Had the judge hanged herself then we'd have a legit conspiracy as this seems to be a pattern for Deutsche Bank:

https://whowhatwhy.org/2019/11/28/an...tonian-deaths/

But we don't, so there ain't one.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 06:06 PM   #138
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 14,853
Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
Yes. Some of us are familiar with The Real World.

So what?

That'd be the facts that utterly contradict the childish nonsense you're spewing?

You seem to have forgotten the CT's credo... "Never attribute to logic, reason or commonsense that which can be distorted and re-imagined into some bat-**** crazy conspiracy theory"
__________________
"Woke" is a pejorative term used by racists, homophobes and misogynists to describe people who possess a fully functional moral compass.

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:33 PM   #139
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 18,912
The next judge to be appointed for the Deutsche Bank case is going to be **** scared regardless, as will those picked for the jury and the prosecution team. Well, we'll see. Let's see if security is stepped up. If so, then we know the FBI have their doubts this killing was a straightforward murder/suicide with nothing to do with the upcoming case.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:54 PM   #140
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing
 
Babbylonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12,903
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
The next judge to be appointed for the Deutsche Bank case is going to be **** scared regardless, as will those picked for the jury and the prosecution team.
You overestimate the number of people who believe in every evidence-free crackpot conspiracy theory.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 12:14 AM   #141
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 14,853
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
The next judge to be appointed for the Deutsche Bank case is going to be **** scared regardless
No, they won't

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
as will those picked for the jury and the prosecution team.
No, they won't

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Well, we'll see. Let's see if security is stepped up. If so, then we know the FBI have their doubts this killing was a straightforward murder/suicide with nothing to do with the upcoming case.
Only in the minds of the miniscule number of people who are bat-**** crazy enough believe there is any validity to all the Stupid you've been spouting.

ETA: semi-ninja'd by Babbylonian
__________________
"Woke" is a pejorative term used by racists, homophobes and misogynists to describe people who possess a fully functional moral compass.

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 09:38 AM   #142
RedStapler
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 423
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
The next judge to be appointed for the Deutsche Bank case is going to be **** scared regardless, as will those picked for the jury and the prosecution team. Well, we'll see. Let's see if security is stepped up. If so, then we know the FBI have their doubts this killing was a straightforward murder/suicide with nothing to do with the upcoming case.
And if not you will, as usual, act like you never made any claims about anything just like the CT 101 manual told you to.

Last edited by RedStapler; 3rd August 2020 at 09:40 AM. Reason: changed a word
RedStapler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 10:02 AM   #143
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 12,900
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
The next judge to be appointed for the Deutsche Bank case is going to be **** scared regardless, as will those picked for the jury and the prosecution team. Well, we'll see. Let's see if security is stepped up. If so, then we know the FBI have their doubts this killing was a straightforward murder/suicide with nothing to do with the upcoming case.
Only if they'd buy into your line of nonsense.

The RW isn't an action movie.
__________________
Music is what feelings sound like

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 12:11 PM   #144
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 4,583
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
The next judge to be appointed for the Deutsche Bank case is going to be **** scared regardless, as will those picked for the jury and the prosecution team. Well, we'll see. Let's see if security is stepped up. If so, then we know the FBI have their doubts this killing was a straightforward murder/suicide with nothing to do with the upcoming case.
You clearly have not met our U.S. Marshall Service.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:43 AM   #145
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 20,522
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
A news outlet is now suggesting the murder was somehow linked to Judge Salas being Hispanic.



So here comes the new conspiracy theory:



This presupposes Roy Den Hollander was a racist which IMV is begging the question, just as much as it begs the question, 'Judge Salas was shot [- by proxy of her son instead of her -] because she was a woman' or because 'She once crossed the guy's path five years ago and he had a grudge ever since', [despite her finding in favour his motion].

The fact she was female and latina, does not make it so IMV that these are the reasons she was targetted. The 'voice of reason' believes this to be the obvious reason and any other consideration is a crazy conspiracy theory, despite the fact Judge Salas had been handed the potentially highly conroversial Deutsche Bank corruption case just five days earlier implicating the influential movers and shakers that run the establishment.

Of course, the self-professed 'voice of reason' doesn't have enough reason to work out that a guy with terminal cancer who hates women and Hispanics and who wants to make a point have just gunned down any such individual from his car window, without having to dress up in costume and attend a specific address.

The 'voice of reason': hahaha!
You know, this is a real human tragedy that involves real people. One of those people died, and two lost their only child. It's frankly despicable of you to make a game out something so horrific as a family torn about by a murder.
__________________
A MAGA hat = a Swastika arm band. A vote for Trump is a vote for treason.

Last edited by Craig4; Yesterday at 05:44 AM.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:54 AM   #146
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher
 
SuburbanTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 5,189
Why did Deutsche Bank have Hollander's MRA rival killed?

Since we're ignoring the clear motives of a deeply misogynistic, bitter MRA type and instead claiming that he killed on behalf of the German bank, what benefit is there for bumping off some MRA lawyer in California?

Vixen, you keep trying to claim that it's absurd that a MRA loser would go on a suicidal vendetta. Are you not aware of the tremendous violence associated with MRA/incel types in the US? Gunning down perceived enemies, especially uppity women, is not exactly breaking new ground for these degenerates.
__________________
Gobble gobble

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; Yesterday at 05:56 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:12 AM   #147
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 18,912
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
You know, this is a real human tragedy that involves real people. One of those people died, and two lost their only child. It's frankly despicable of you to make a game out something so horrific as a family torn about by a murder.
All in your mind.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:19 AM   #148
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 18,912
Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Why did Deutsche Bank have Hollander's MRA rival killed?

Since we're ignoring the clear motives of a deeply misogynistic, bitter MRA type and instead claiming that he killed on behalf of the German bank, what benefit is there for bumping off some MRA lawyer in California?

Vixen, you keep trying to claim that it's absurd that a MRA loser would go on a suicidal vendetta. Are you not aware of the tremendous violence associated with MRA/incel types in the US? Gunning down perceived enemies, especially uppity women, is not exactly breaking new ground for these degenerates.
I disagree it is an every day crime.

Simply saying, oh she was a woman, or oh, she was a Latina: that explains it, then! Is begging the question.

There are plenty of misogynists and xenophobics populating the world but they do not go around perpetrating murders in elaborate plots involving costume, thus it is perfectly reasonable to ask 'Is this really the reason she was targetted, bearing in mind she had just been appointed judge of the Deutsche Bank Epstein Money Laundering issues, amongst others'.

If you really think the likes of Wexner and the organised criminal gangs who have laundered their money through Deutsche Bank are totally benign and regular fellows, then you are naive.

Sure Roy Den Hollander might have been a bonafide nutter-killer but it deserves greater investigation as of the time it happened. But of course, people only believe what is written for them in the Murdoch newspapers. Anything else is CT.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:23 AM   #149
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher
 
SuburbanTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 5,189
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
I disagree it is an every day crime.

Simply saying, oh she was a woman, or oh, she was a Latina: that explains it, then! Is begging the question.

There are plenty of misogynists and xenophobics populating the world but they do not go around perpetrating murders in elaborate plots involving costume, thus it is perfectly reasonable to ask 'Is this really the reason she was targetted, bearing in mind she had just been appointed judge of the Deutsche Bank Epstein Money Laundering issues, amongst others'.

If you really think the likes of Wexner and the organised criminal gangs who have laundered their money through Deutsche Bank are totally benign and regular fellows, then you are naive.

Sure Roy Den Hollander might have been a bonafide nutter-killer but it deserves greater investigation as of the time it happened. But of course, people only believe what is written for them in the Murdoch newspapers. Anything else is CT.
Knocking on a door with a Fedex box and a polo shirt and gunning down whoever answers isn't elaborate by any description. This sounds like a very lazy and easy way to commit a murder.

ETA: Fedex uniform shirts are available on eBay for less than $50.
__________________
Gobble gobble

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; Yesterday at 08:25 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:26 AM   #150
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 18,912
A pretty heartrending appeal here by Judge Salas to protect judges better. I can't believe Judges' home addresses are available on the internet in the USA.

Judges addresses are never revealed on the UK court websites.

If Esther Salas is continuing to judge the case it shows enormous guts.

Quote:
n an emotional video statement released on Monday, Judge Salas described the incident while urging lawmakers to help protect judges from future attacks.

"My family has experienced a pain that no one should ever have to endure," she said.

"And I am here asking everyone to help me ensure that no one ever has to experience this kind of pain. We may not be able to stop something like this from happening again, but we can make it hard for those who target us to track us down."
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:28 AM   #151
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher
 
SuburbanTurkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 5,189
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
A pretty heartrending appeal here by Judge Salas to protect judges better. I can't believe Judges' home addresses are available on the internet in the USA.

Judges addresses are never revealed on the UK court websites.

If Esther Salas is continuing to judge the case it shows enormous guts.
Guts, or she doesn't believe the murder had anything to do with the upcoming case.

If this was a hit to affect the outcome of the Deutsche Bank case, it was extremely incompetently done. The hitman either killed the wrong person, or the judge doesn't understand the true message being sent here and instead assumes it's the work of some unrelated MRA crank. Either way, the bank case hasn't been derailed.
__________________
Gobble gobble
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:02 AM   #152
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 20,522
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
All in your mind.
No, the young man is really dead and his parents are really in mourining and you are making a game out of it.
__________________
A MAGA hat = a Swastika arm band. A vote for Trump is a vote for treason.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:04 AM   #153
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 20,522
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
A pretty heartrending appeal here by Judge Salas to protect judges better. I can't believe Judges' home addresses are available on the internet in the USA.

Judges addresses are never revealed on the UK court websites.

If Esther Salas is continuing to judge the case it shows enormous guts.
And yet you still make a game out of her son's death.
__________________
A MAGA hat = a Swastika arm band. A vote for Trump is a vote for treason.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:30 AM   #154
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 18,912
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
No, the young man is really dead and his parents are really in mourining and you are making a game out of it.
Rubbish. Virtue signalling noted.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:21 AM   #155
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 20,522
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Rubbish. Virtue signalling noted.
If you really cared, your work would be better. Your thought process might have some rigor to it. In short, you would take it seriously. Instead you hold up your unsupported incredulity and belief that the world is organized as if it was a summer action thriller movie like it has the same quality as evidence. Instead you choose to treat this tragedy like it happened for your amusement.
__________________
A MAGA hat = a Swastika arm band. A vote for Trump is a vote for treason.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:13 AM   #156
JesseCuster
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,145
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
"elaborate plots involving costume"
You think getting your hands on a FedEx uniform is an "elaborate plot"? Getting a FedEx uniform isn't like getting a fake passport or something you have to go through elaborate means to get.

Quote:
If you really think the likes of Wexner and the organised criminal gangs who have laundered their money through Deutsche Bank are totally benign and regular fellows, then you are naive.
Who said that gangs laundering money through Deutsche Bank were "totally benign and regular fellows"? No-one, that's who. That is "all in your mind".

Quote:
But of course, people only believe what is written for them in the Murdoch newspapers. Anything else is CT.
You claim to be only reporting what you're reading in the media, yet you've concocted a fantasy about this fellow being involved in espionage, setting up security systems for the Russian, possibly working as a double agent and being setup as a patsy for the crime and then suicided afterward. This is "all in your mind" as you've reported nothing in the media that confirms any of this, despite your claim that you're only reporting what's in the media.

Ironic that you're lambasting others for believing what's in the media while reporting your own fantasies as being what's in the media and using that as the basis for your fantasy conspiracy.

If someone wants to send a message to the judge involved in this case, then why make it look like it was perpetrated by a misogynistic MRA nutter with a grudge against the judge who then committed suicide after a failed attempt at killing her? Where's the threat now that would scare the judge if the would be assassin was a lone nutter who's now dead?

Last edited by JesseCuster; Today at 06:19 AM.
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 08:01 AM   #157
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 12,900
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
perpetrating murders in elaborate plots
Put on jacket.

Knock on door.

Shoot when opened.

If that's "elaborate"...
__________________
Music is what feelings sound like

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:20 AM   #158
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 18,912
Originally Posted by JesseCuster View Post
You think getting your hands on a FedEx uniform is an "elaborate plot"? Getting a FedEx uniform isn't like getting a fake passport or something you have to go through elaborate means to get.

Who said that gangs laundering money through Deutsche Bank were "totally benign and regular fellows"? No-one, that's who. That is "all in your mind".

You claim to be only reporting what you're reading in the media, yet you've concocted a fantasy about this fellow being involved in espionage, setting up security systems for the Russian, possibly working as a double agent and being setup as a patsy for the crime and then suicided afterward. This is "all in your mind" as you've reported nothing in the media that confirms any of this, despite your claim that you're only reporting what's in the media.

Ironic that you're lambasting others for believing what's in the media while reporting your own fantasies as being what's in the media and using that as the basis for your fantasy conspiracy.

If someone wants to send a message to the judge involved in this case, then why make it look like it was perpetrated by a misogynistic MRA nutter with a grudge against the judge who then committed suicide after a failed attempt at killing her? Where's the threat now that would scare the judge if the would be assassin was a lone nutter who's now dead?
I can say that because the title of the topic is: 'Judge's son gunned down, hitman found dead in car', therefore, I can proceed to discuss it. Trying to discuss me instead is derailment.

As of the time of the murder there were concerns. You can wait until Fox News or Murdoch newspapers explains it to you and avoid forums (look up the meaning of the word 'forum') or you can discuss issues that interest you here. Fact is, this guy was connected to Russian intelligence and the Judge had just been appointed to oversee the Deutsche Bank case.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:22 AM   #159
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 18,912
Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
Put on jacket.

Knock on door.

Shoot when opened.

If that's "elaborate"...
Planning a calculated cold blooded murder based purely on ideology and 'nothing personal' I would say that is an act of great deliberation.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:29 AM   #160
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 12,900
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Planning a calculated cold blooded murder based purely on ideology and 'nothing personal' I would say that is an act of great deliberation.
Nice dodging "elaborate," and your version of motive has no facts in evidence.

ETA - Impulse control as factor in criminal behavior:

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/226781.pdf

A key assumption of the traditional trait-based approach to the study of crime is that personality traits cause people to act similarly across a wide array of contexts. This approach has been challenged for its failure to acknowledge differences in the social environments to which individuals are exposed.

Similarly, community-level explanations of crime have been criticized for failing to acknowledge that there are important individual differences between criminals and non-criminals. Ultimately, a full understanding of crime requires the consideration of both individual and environmental differences, perhaps most importantly because they may interact to produce offending behavior. In particular, the influence of individual traits may be context-dependent, or viewed differently, individual traits may affect how individuals respond to their social environments.
__________________
Music is what feelings sound like

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus

Last edited by BStrong; Today at 11:46 AM.
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:19 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.