ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 23rd July 2020, 08:23 AM   #41
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
And he had at least four of the words, person, man, TV Camera right in front of him. If there was a woman on the TV crew it's all five.
ETA: Ninja'd, because of course it was!
Old 23rd July 2020, 08:29 AM   #42
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

Buck Sexton
@BuckSexton
No matter what @realDonaldTrump did, what he closed down, how many masks he wore, @TheDemocrats were going to use his response to the #coronavirus as a political weapon in 2020.
That is probably true. But only Trump could have given them so much to work with.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 08:31 AM   #43
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

It's amusing this idiot is beaming about acing a cognitive test, thinking it's an intelligence test. He's so stupid that he doesn't know the difference.

This is the President of the United States.

George Will on
President Donald J. Trump.
June 1, 2020
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 08:34 AM   #44
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
It's amusing this idiot is beaming about acing a cognitive test, thinking it's an intelligence test. He's so stupid that he doesn't know the difference.

Yes. As I understand it, the test that he keeps bragging about passing basically only proves that your brain hasn't completely turned to Swiss cheese.

Also, I suspect that he hired somebody to take the test for him.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 08:51 AM   #45
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Another catalog of Trumpian corruption:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...his-golf-club/
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 09:10 AM   #46
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
President Trump doesn't need 51%, he just needs around 45% of the votes that people are able to, or are willing to, cast.

Even if "only" 40% of people approve of him, if turnout among that 40% is significantly higher than it is among the electorate in general then he can easily get 45% of the votes cast.

He might not even need that many. His ultimate strategy could be to create enough doubt about the election results to throw it into the House, where each state -- not each member -- gets one vote.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...66a_story.html
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 09:21 AM   #47
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Recently watched failed RINO Tom Ridge, former head of Homeland Security, trying to justify his sudden love of the Radical Left Mayor of Portland, who last night was booed & shouted out of existence by the agitators & anarchists. Love watching pathetic Never Trumpers squirm!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 09:29 AM   #48
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

The Democrats have stated strongly that they won’t approve a Payroll Tax Cut (too bad!). It would be great for workers. The Republicans, therefore, didn’t want to ask for it. Dems, as usual, are hurting the working men and women of our Country!

Obama, who wouldn’t even endorse Biden until everyone else was out of the primaries (and even then waited a long time!), is now making a commercial of support. Remember, I wouldn’t even be here if it weren’t for them. I wouldn’t be President. They did a terrible job!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 09:52 AM   #49
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Obama, who wouldn’t even endorse Biden until everyone else was out of the primaries
Well, DUH!!!!

Obama has class. He didn't want to have an unfair influence on the democratic primary, and did not weigh in until it was clear who the nominee would be.

Trump doesn't understand that, of course.
Old 23rd July 2020, 09:55 AM   #50
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

I have to admit, it's an interesting strategy, trying to get elected on a platform of "see what a ****-up I've been? It's the opposition's fault!"

Mind you, it worked for the Tories over here, so...
Old 23rd July 2020, 10:04 AM   #51
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Again Trump is, possibly in a blundering not meaning to fashion, just tapping in to the nihilistic streak of so many Americans that don't want things to get better, they want things to get worse and they want someone to hate for it.
Old 23rd July 2020, 10:08 AM   #52
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
They were most likely just things he could see at the time.
That was my thought upon hearing them. He just identified what he was looking at.

I read the five words used for the recall test on the MOCA several days ago. I remembered this: face velvet church (a flower, but I couldn't remember the kind) red.

I then looked it up to see how I did: face velvet church daisy red. So I remembered 4 of 5 in the right order from days ago. Not that hard. And I'm in my mid-60's.

For Trump to keep bringing this up and bragging about how he aced such a hard test is doing the opposite of what he thinks it's doing.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 10:10 AM   #53
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Again Trump is, possibly in a blundering not meaning to fashion, just tapping in to the nihilistic streak of so many Americans that don't want things to get better, they want things to get worse and they want someone to hate for it.
Evangelical end times hype.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 10:11 AM   #54
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
For Trump to keep bringing this up and bragging about how he aced such a hard test is doing the opposite of what he thinks it's doing.
Not surprising. Projecting weakness by trying to project strength is his specialty.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 10:15 AM   #55
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
And it wasn't a requirement, but the third time he stated them in a different order.
I must correct myself. He said the list four times (four times!) but the words were always in the same order. He did say "You get extra points for that." Twice.
Old 23rd July 2020, 10:20 AM   #56
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

I know this has been discussed before, but Rasmussen polls are full of ****** Ridiculous outliers! What, do they only call elderly people in nursing homes? I don't see why they get a C+ rating at 538 instead of the F they deserve.
"[shemp is] a most notable coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality." - Shakespeare
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 10:25 AM   #57
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
I must correct myself. He said the list four times (four times!) but the words were always in the same order. He did say "You get extra points for that." Twice.
Well, he should get extra points for that. Remember that NOBODY does that! NOBODY! It was an amazing feat.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 10:40 AM   #58
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Trump has decided to elucidate on the test he "aced", by describing the last very difficult question. It's exactly what everybody has been saying it is.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/s...205405184?s=20

Footage embedded in tweet.
What I fail to understand is:

1) Why did he take such a test?

2) Why does he talk about it?

Which other president took such a test and talked about it? By doing this, he actually acknowledges the doubt cast on his mental status.

I suggest some trolls allege he has syphilis. Perhaps he will get tested and then talk about not having syphilis (unless he has ). This will make people think: "Why did he need to get that test?".

Hans
Old 23rd July 2020, 10:45 AM   #59
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post

Which other president took such a test and talked about it? By doing this, he actually acknowledges the doubt cast on his mental status.

I suggest some trolls allege he has syphilis. Perhaps he will get tested and then talk about not having syphilis (unless he has ). This will make people think: "Why did he need to get that test?".

Hans
In the video, he claims that he asked to take an acuity test to prove that what was being said about him wasn't true. Of course, we can't know whether that is true or not because we can't believe anything Trump says due to his record of lying.
Old 23rd July 2020, 10:53 AM   #60
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

I have to admit, it's an interesting strategy, trying to get elected on a platform of "see what a ****-up I've been? It's the opposition's fault!"

Mind you, it worked for the Tories over here, so...
Saw something on twitter recently, showing all the chaos in Portland (presumably), and the poster was like, "This is Joe Biden's version of America."

Like if, you know Joe Biden gets elected, stuff like this is going to happen!

Those replying pointed out that, hey, dumbass, this is happening NOW, with Trump as President. It is literally TRUMP's version of America."
Old 23rd July 2020, 11:00 AM   #61
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Hans
As to why, it's something they do on old people. Like me. I'm a year or two younger than Trump. I swear, next time I'm going to do an elaborate drawing of a digital clock.
Old 23rd July 2020, 11:15 AM   #62
Paul2
Philosopher

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
I know this has been discussed before, but Rasmussen polls are full of ****** Ridiculous outliers! What, do they only call elderly people in nursing homes? I don't see why they get a C+ rating at 538 instead of the F they deserve.
Grade inflation.

Aristotle, so far as I know, was the first man to proclaim explicitly that man is a rational animal. His reason for this view was one which does not now seem very impressive: it was, that some people can do sums. - Bertrand Russell
Paul2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 12:02 PM   #63
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit

Originally Posted by The Don
Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
Pfizer has made statements they are hopeful for approval in Oct. 2020.

What convenient timing.

It'll be a "paper launch" only, but the "splash" is the goal, anyways.
I've been saying it for weeks now - a grand announcement that President Trump has saved the US from Coronavirus, a massive bump in approval, reelection and then it turns out that the announcement isn't as it seems and there's no vaccine in the immediate future.
A friend of mine has speculated any attempt to do so would turn into another "bleach" moment: everyone would instantly be all over the claim, showing just how specious it truly is.
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Canadian or living in Canada? PM me if you want an entry on the list of Canadians on the forum.
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 12:03 PM   #64
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Evangelical end times hype.
It's not just that, although that's certainly one of the main catalysts. Much of it is vaguer, less intellectual and more "gut." The Evangelicals, generally, have a very specific narrative of things that have to happen so the end time can come and the Baby Jeebus can come back and smite the gays and save the Southern Reformed 2nd Convention Baptists or whatever.

But there's a more opaque mentality at work here, more of a Joker-esque need to just watch the world burn, all to get back at people who dared to tell you not to touch the hot stove and then had the utter audacity to actually be right that touching the hot stove was a bad idea. "I'd rather think for myself then be factually correct" has become self-feeding and self-destructive.

Ironically the rise the Trump is the first thing I've seen that really makes me believe that large chunks of the Right can no longer really sustain the lie that they are right about most things or that history is moving in their direction. The problem that no one, and I most certainly put myself in this group to my great shame, saw coming is them all just deciding on-masse somehow to just shift right into "We no longer care that we are wrong" without so much as missing a gear. After science, logic, base morality, provable multiple real world scenarios, and the simple basic course of history has proven them wrong over and over they are not going to start being right, they are just going to tear the whole system down for the Lulz.

I'll fully admit to hanging on to an idealistic version of intellectual standards for too long, far too deep in the fantasy of "Okay at a certain point if you prove someone wrong enough they'll have to change their mind."

As I've mentioned before that's why outside of a couple of core demographics so much of Trump support comes from people who openly admit to not liking him. One of the biggest problems is dealing with Trump has always been how many of supporters are supporting him in sideways fashion. There's like no single term for it but if you account for people doing it ironically, doing it for effect, doing it to troll the libs, doing to prove some nihilistic point about nothing mattering, people doing to to make "The government doesn't work" a self fulfilling prophecy, doing to spite people being "overdramatic," doing it as a joke, people who think Trump is a joke but they are in on the joke, people who think Trump is a joke but they are somehow above the joke, and all that related frippery you've got a fairly substantial number. Probably nearly as big or bigger than whatever we could call Trump's "honest" support base.

And that's why I find this particular point in time so goddamn unstable. Because things not getting better is exactly what some people want. Everytime there's a poll or a thinkpiece or a talking head on the TV or it's point raised in a discussion here on the board that focuses on whether or not Trump is "Making things better" a part of me always cringes because for the first time that question has to have a "Oh and is Trump making things worse a good or a bad thing?" follow up to it because for some people, no I can't put like exact percentile demographic on it but I'm really thinking it's enough to matter, that question doesn't have the same old default answer it used to.

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 23rd July 2020 at 12:41 PM.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 12:21 PM   #65
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
In the video, he claims that he asked to take an acuity test to prove that what was being said about him wasn't true. Of course, we can't know whether that is true or not because we can't believe anything Trump says due to his record of lying.
Yes, yes, but if you are in no doubt about your mental state, and don't expect others to be, what do you do when some one says you're demented?

1) Take a test to prove you aren't?

2) Ignore it?

Hans
Old 23rd July 2020, 12:23 PM   #66
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

As to why, it's something they do on old people. Like me. I'm a year or two younger than Trump. I swear, next time I'm going to do an elaborate drawing of a digital clock.
I'm that age, too. If anyone asks me to draw a clock, I'll draw them the schematic of a digital clock.

Hans
Old 23rd July 2020, 12:23 PM   #67
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Trump has decided to elucidate on the test he "aced", by describing the last very difficult question. It's exactly what everybody has been saying it is.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/s...205405184?s=20

Footage embedded in tweet.
"30 or 35 questions" There are 17; 22 if you count each question about time and place as separate questions.

It doesn't say you get extra points for the word order of the 5 words.

What I find most telling is how he believes the test was hard or that the last 5 questions were hard. I guess that would be the ones that didn't involve pictures.

I can't tell where his ignorance leaves off and his narcissism kicks in when he brags about the test being hard and tells other people they couldn't do it, couldn't get all those hard questions right.

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 12:27 PM   #68
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Next time? Someone's been giving you the test?

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 12:28 PM   #69
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

What I find myself wondering is how well he actually did. Remember, Trump will lie and brag about anything. Nobody knows more about x than him, the experts are shocked at how much he knows about x, yadda yadda yadda. So of course he "aced" his dementia test, and of course he did so well everyone was stunned. That's just par for the course with Trump. So he might have failed spectacularly. In fact, I get the feeling he's bragging as much as he is to convince himself he did well, to rewrite the story in his own head, as it were. People who lie a lot often end up believing their own lies.

The professionals who examined him can't tell us how well he did, of course. Unless someone leaks his medical journal or some other information, which to be honest I don't really think they should.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 12:30 PM   #70
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Hell I'm not 100% convinced any sort of test ever actually happened. And if it did it was probably an online test with all the actual meaningful content of a Buzzfeed "Which Scooby Doo Character is Your Soulmate?" quiz. (Velma, the answer is Velma.)
Old 23rd July 2020, 12:35 PM   #71
Armitage72
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
The professionals who examined him can't tell us how well he did, of course. Unless someone leaks his medical journal or some other information, which to be honest I don't really think they should.

"Describing a purely hypothetical situation, suppose that we administered the test to someone. We'll call him ... let's say "Ronald Clump", hypothetically. Suppose that, half way through the test, Mr. Clump soiled himself and then proceeded to eat the test paper. It would be a truly amazing result. Hypothetically."
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 12:39 PM   #72
Tero
Graduate Poster

Any of you on Medicare? The free annual "physical" is a so called wellness visit with a lower medical staff running through home safety check lists etc. she can give you the full Montreal cognitive test or parts. The doctor then can concentrate on the physical aspects of the exam on the second visit. Mine, the nurse, asked me what day it was. I knew it was past the 17th since that was the last check I wrote.
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 12:41 PM   #73
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

U.S. President Donald Trump’s former lawyer Michael Cohen was ordered released from prison and will go into home confinement on Friday after a federal judge found he was subjected to retaliation for planning to publish a book about the president ahead of November’s election.

As court victories go, it's pretty small (and Cohen is not exactly the most sympathetic character). But I do like seeing the Trump administration lose court cases, and maybe Cohen's book (if he does publish it) will have a little extra dirt on it to further tarnish Trump's image.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 01:18 PM   #74
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

I'm that age, too. If anyone asks me to draw a clock, I'll draw them the schematic of a digital clock.

Hans
A lot of times, these kinds of tests aren't testing what you might think they are.

Perhaps if you ask a clarifying question like "What kind of clock? Digital or analog?", you pass that question automatically.

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
What I find most telling is how he believes the test was hard or that the last 5 questions were hard. I guess that would be the ones that didn't involve pictures.
My guess is, he considers each of the five memory words to be one question each. Really hard questions!

It will be really funny (well, sad, really) if he keeps bringing up those five specific words in his briefings and rallies. "See??! I still remember them! And in the right order! Extra points!!!"

Last edited by alfaniner; 23rd July 2020 at 01:20 PM.
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 01:19 PM   #75
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
O. M. F. G.
Yeah. I heard it on the radio, but wasn't paying attention, and just watched that clip. There are no words.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 01:38 PM   #76
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Trump Tweets

Liz Cheney is only upset because I have been actively getting our great and beautiful Country out of the ridiculous and costly Endless Wars. I am also making our so-called allies pay tens of billions of dollars in delinquent military costs. They must, at least, treat us fairly!!!
Trump Retweeted
Mollie
@MZHemingway
FWIW, quite a few people in recent weeks who generally like Cheney -- including those not on the Hill -- were extremely disappointed with how she worked so hard to help the NYT spread its false anti-Trump story about Russia bounties.

Matt Gaetz
@mattgaetz
Liz Cheney has worked behind the scenes (and now in public) against @realDonaldTrump and his agenda.
Wow... talk about a purity test.

The fact is, Cheney has been a pretty faithful republican... voting in favor of almost all republican legislation (including legislation to gut health cair, cut taxes/increase the deficit, and roll back regulations.). In fact, she has voted to support Trump ~96% of the time on legislation she has voted on in congress.

By comparison, Gaetz has supported Trump ~85% of the time, and Rand Paul only 70% of the time.

See: Five thirty eight

It isn't about how much she's done to support him in the past. That's just his due, and anyway ... it's in the past.

The only thing that matters is that she isn't completely pliant right now.

Gaetz and Paul wouldn't fare any better if they did something other than fall in line with what he wanted right now.

Nobody would.

What else can you expect from someone with the emotional (and possibly mental) maturity of a toddler.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 01:38 PM   #77
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Resume View Post

I suspect the actual first part of the test is seeing if you're not obviously insulted by the suggestion that such a simple test might be a problem for you. Approaching it as if it were a final exam in University already suggests that you're in a decline.

Bragging about your performance afterwards while claiming it's a very difficult test probably pegs a meter somewhere.
Old 23rd July 2020, 01:41 PM   #78
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
"30 or 35 questions" There are 17; 22 if you count each question about time and place as separate questions.

It doesn't say you get extra points for the word order of the 5 words.

I can't tell where his ignorance leaves off and his narcissism kicks in when he brags about the test being hard and tells other people they couldn't do it, couldn't get all those hard questions right.

This may be a rare incident of Trump honesty. Perhaps he actually did find the "test" hard.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of his core supporters would feel the same should they take it.

I mean, that one question at the end about the day and date is pretty evil

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2020, 01:54 PM   #79
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Approaching it as if it were a final exam in University already suggests that you're in a decline.

In thinking about it, we know Trump has a history of getting other people to take tests for him - it's just barely possible that this might actually be the hardest test he's ever had to do for himself.

So, maybe not in cognitive decline - maybe this was just his baseline test-taking ability all this time?

Not that that's better, of course.
Old 23rd July 2020, 02:07 PM   #80
Galaxie
Muse

I gave that cognitive test to my mom - after she had three glasses of wine. It was hilarious!
Galaxie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics