ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 25th July 2020, 06:59 PM   #281
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Retweeted

One of the greats in the history of television, Regis Philbin has passed on to even greater airwaves, at 88. He was a fantastic person, and my friend. He kept telling me to run for President. Holds the record for “most live television”, and he did it well. Regis, we love you....

....And to Joy, his wonderful wife who he loved so much, my warmest condolences!!!
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
It's not a retweet.
I don't know if Capt Swoop was wrong when he said it was a retweet or not but that's what he said.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2020, 07:02 PM   #282
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
I put these threads back in the correct order.

Is she even a real person?
Yes. She is a real person. She has donated to Republican candidates as far back as 2006. Her husband has made substantial donations to Republican candidates further back than that. No record of donations to Democratic candidates that I can find.
Old 25th July 2020, 07:10 PM   #283
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
Yes. She is a real person. She has donated to Republican candidates as far back as 2006. Her husband has made substantial donations to Republican candidates further back than that. No record of donations to Democratic candidates that I can find.
Where did you find this information? Are you sure you have the right Susan Farina... from Rumson NJ?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2020, 07:20 PM   #284
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Where did you find this information? Are you sure you have the right Susan Farina... from Rumson NJ?
Yes. I'm not going to go into doxxing info, because that is uncool. But she matches certain information. Donation information comes from public records.

Last edited by DevilsAdvocate; 25th July 2020 at 07:21 PM.
DevilsAdvocate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2020, 07:24 PM   #285
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
It's not a retweet.
So this is wrong:
Quote:
Trump Retweeted
Doesn't matter. It's still not something he likely Tweeted on his own. And, I don't care.

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2020, 07:30 PM   #286
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
Yes. I'm not going to go into doxxing info, because that is uncool. But she matches certain information. Donation information comes from public records.
I'm not asking you to dox but I'm curious as to where you got the info as I tried to find similar info to see if she was lying about being a life long Dem. and couldn't. Her address is readily available on the internet so I was just curious as to whether you were sure it was the same woman.
Old 25th July 2020, 07:55 PM   #287
Dread Pirate Roberts
Thinker

My troll radar went off big time. Take a look at her FB page. About the only thing on there is picture after picture of her 'updated profile picture' and people telling her how gorgeous she is.

https://www.facebook.com/susan.farina.3
TBF, depending on how you set FB security, that's all non-friends would see.
Dread Pirate Roberts is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2020, 08:00 PM   #288
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
TBF, depending on how you set FB security, that's all non-friends would see.
And yet, Devil'sAdvocate says she's been contributing to Republicans for over a decade. Hardly a 'life long Dem'.
Old 25th July 2020, 08:17 PM   #289
Dread Pirate Roberts
Thinker

And yet, Devil'sAdvocate says she's been contributing to Republicans for over a decade. Hardly a 'life long Dem'.
Which has nothing to do with your comment about FB. I read what DA said, as well as her tweets since May, and I too agree that she's full of **** about being an ex-Democrat.
Dread Pirate Roberts is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2020, 08:38 PM   #290
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
I'm surprised he didn't say, "But I'm approaching that, don't you think?"
Yeah, it's not like him to give a tribute without trying to make it about himself.

ETA: And he has been known to retweet himself.

Last edited by Minoosh; 25th July 2020 at 08:40 PM.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2020, 09:09 PM   #291
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
Which has nothing to do with your comment about FB. I read what DA said, as well as her tweets since May, and I too agree that she's full of **** about being an ex-Democrat.
Didn't say it did.
Old 25th July 2020, 09:53 PM   #292
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

I don't know if Capt Swoop was wrong when he said it was a retweet or not but that's what he said.
Trump often retweets his own tweets.
Old 25th July 2020, 11:24 PM   #293
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Regis Phil in dies at 88 and President Trump tweets about it. Anyone else find this suspicious ?

Last edited by The Don; 26th July 2020 at 01:00 AM.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 12:49 AM   #294
Cain
Straussian

Not that I trust polls, but I just saw a report showing that Republicans were almost TWICE as likely to have visited family and friends in the past ten days. In other words, a Democrat publication unwittingly exposed how loveless and hateful liberals have become.
Old 26th July 2020, 02:01 AM   #295
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

https://twitter.com/vmsalama/status/1286736275777740801

Quote:
President Trump says he sometimes regrets his tweets and retweets after learning they've generated controversy. Asked in an interview with Barstool Sports whether he ever wakes up and wishes he hadn't sent something on Twitter, Trump said it happened "often." (1/3)

"Too often," he said. "It used to be in the old days, before this, you’d write a letter and you’d say 'this letter’s really bad' and you’d put it on your desk and you’d go back tomorrow and you’d say 'oh I’m glad I didn't send this.' But we don’t with Twitter right? (2/3)

We put it out instantaneously and we feel great and then you start getting phone calls: 'Did you really say this?' I say 'what’s wrong with that?' and you find a lot off things. It’s not the tweets it’s the retweets that get you in trouble." (3/3)
If only there were some way to put some thought into things before you say them in public, as the president of the United States.
Old 26th July 2020, 03:59 AM   #296
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
Trump often retweets his own tweets.
He retweets his 'catch phrases' and also retweets any that he seems particularly pleased with.
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 04:57 AM   #297
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

He retweets his 'catch phrases' and also retweets any that he seems particularly pleased with.
He retweets himself in the middle of an interview or campaign speech.
Old 26th July 2020, 06:26 AM   #298
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

This week you had Joe Biden call Arizona a CITY. Nothing matters with him, however, because the Opposition Party (Lamestream Media) covers everything up - especially the corruption. The Obama/Biden Administration is the most corrupt in history. They even spied on my campaign!

Crazy Nancy Pelosi said I made a mistake when I banned people from infected China from entering the U.S. in January. Tens of thousands of lives were saved, as she danced in the Streets of Chinatown (SF) in late February. Biden agreed with her, but soon admitted that I was right!

The Trump Campaign has more ENTHUSIASM, according to many, than any campaign in the history of our great Country - Even more than 2016. Biden has NONE! The Silent Majority will speak on NOVEMBER THIRD!!! Fake Suppression Polls & Fake News will not save the Radical Left.

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; 26th July 2020 at 06:31 AM.
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 06:32 AM   #299
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Acting Secretary Chad Wolf
@DHS_Wolf
Day 56. Last night six DHS law enforcement officers were injured in Portland. To be clear, criminals assaulted FEDERAL officers on FEDERAL property…and the city of Portland did nothing.
Old 26th July 2020, 06:33 AM   #300
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Dan Bongino
@dbongino
ANTIFA is a racist, terror-group.
Old 26th July 2020, 06:40 AM   #301
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted
Tammy Bruce
@HeyTammyBruce
Oh shut up w the patronizing garbage. YOU’RE HIDING IN YOUR BASEMENT while the rest of us are dealing w riots enabled by Democrat politicians. We aren’t alone only because @realDonaldTrump has our backs, isn’t hiding, and is leading us out of this disaster. #getajob
Quote Tweet

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden
I know times are tough, but I want you to know you're not alone. We're all in this fight together. And together, we'll emerge stronger than before.
Old 26th July 2020, 07:54 AM   #302
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

I'm afraid Captain_Swoop will soon be out of a job here:

"BREAKING EXCLUSIVE: sources are telling us that Trump "is going to focus on the issues from now and may even tweet less to help his poll numbers.""

https://twitter.com/politvidchannel/...61423119486979

This is definitely the day Trump became president!
(well, according to "source" anyway)
Old 26th July 2020, 08:42 AM   #303
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post

"BREAKING EXCLUSIVE: sources are telling us that Trump "is going to focus on the issues from now and may even tweet less to help his poll numbers.""

Yes! He is going to maintain a laser-like focus on the issues.

The problem is that President Trump thinks the 6 most important issues in this election are name-calling, lying about how wonderful upcoming legislation is going to be, projecting, distracting people from the Corona-19, telling the public how good he is at everything, and telling the public how bad VPres Biden is at everything.
Old 26th July 2020, 08:50 AM   #304
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

Speculation: they're taking a page from Trump's playbook and publicly announcing what they need him to be doing in order to shame him into doing it. Only instead of firing someone or making bad decisions over their own better judgement, it's that he'll start acting like a functional adult. Yeesh.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 09:09 AM   #305
Delphic Oracle
Illuminator

Trump Retweeted

@DHS_Wolf
Day 56. Last night six DHS law enforcement officers were injured in Portland. To be clear, criminals assaulted FEDERAL officers on FEDERAL property…and the city of Portland did nothing.
Do the city and state law enforcement agencies have a concurrent jurisdiction agreement on that federal property?
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 09:12 AM   #306
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Yes! He is going to maintain a laser-like focus on the issues.

“Infrastructure week”
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 10:02 AM   #307
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
Do the city and state law enforcement agencies have a concurrent jurisdiction agreement on that federal property?
I strongly suspect that city streets are not Federal property.
Old 26th July 2020, 10:04 AM   #308
Delphic Oracle
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
I strongly suspect that city streets are not Federal property.
I blame my taking Trump at his word that it happened on federal property.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 10:17 AM   #309
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
I blame my taking Trump at his word that it happened on federal property.
Oh my! I hope you are thinking a little more clearly come Election Day!
Old 26th July 2020, 10:20 AM   #310
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Dan Bongino
@dbongino
ANTIFA is a racist, terror-group.
Yes, because fascist is a race
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 10:39 AM   #311
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?

Is that now or in two weeks?
Old 26th July 2020, 10:55 AM   #312
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

@DHS_Wolf
I thought the feds were called in by the POTUS to help the local law enforcement agents. But apparently it’s the feds who need protection by the locals (after the feds incite 95% of the trouble)? Yet another example of Trump “hiring” the incompetent. I think the locals should arrest the feds for incitement, assault, and impersonating a police officer.

Not to mention, as noted upthread, if they are on federal land do local cops even have jurisdiction?
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 01:34 PM   #313
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Not that I trust polls, but I just saw a report showing that Republicans were almost TWICE as likely to have visited family and friends in the past ten days. In other words, a Democrat publication unwittingly exposed how loveless and hateful liberals have become.
They exposed how Republicans like to expose their loved ones to potentially lethal diseases.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 01:37 PM   #314
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
https://twitter.com/vmsalama/status/1286736275777740801

If only there were some way to put some thought into things before you say them in public, as the president of the United States.
Crazy times! Trump admits he actually regrets things!

Quote:
President Trump says he sometimes regrets his tweets and retweets after learning they've generated controversy. Asked in an interview with Barstool Sports whether he ever wakes up and wishes he hadn't sent something on Twitter, Trump said it happened "often." (1/3)
It worries me. Between this and his tepid mask-wearing endorsement, he's trying to look reasonable.
Old 26th July 2020, 01:41 PM   #315
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
Crazy times! Trump admits he actually regrets things!

It worries me. Between this and his tepid mask-wearing endorsement, he's trying to look reasonable.
Not sure I see how regularly sending out tweets without thinking through the implications can be seen as reasonable. The word that comes to my mind is impulsive.
Old 26th July 2020, 01:45 PM   #316
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Not sure I see how regularly sending out tweets without thinking through the implications can be seen as reasonable. The word that comes to my mind is impulsive.
It's his saying he "often" regrets tweets.

I'm not sure I want him to start censoring himself to sound sane.

ETA: Under the pathological theory, he will not be able to restrain himself for long.
Old 26th July 2020, 01:46 PM   #317
wasapi
Penultimate Amazing

)
"may even tweet less . . ."

I really don't believe it. He may back off his tweets for a few days, but he will be back. He is too addicted and can't help himself.
Old 26th July 2020, 02:21 PM   #318
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
"may even tweet less . . ."

I really don't believe it. He may back off his tweets for a few days, but he will be back. He is too addicted and can't help himself.
Well, if his handlers take away his phone and replace it with a fake.......
Old 26th July 2020, 02:23 PM   #319
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

The 2020 Election will be totally rigged if Mail-In Voting is allowed to take place, & everyone knows it. So much time is taken talking about foreign influence, but the same people won’t even discuss Mail-In election corruption. Look at Patterson, N.J. 20% of vote was corrupted!
Old 26th July 2020, 02:24 PM   #320
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Daily Caller
@DailyCaller
'Get The Hell Out': NFL Legend Mike Ditka Drops The Mic On People Who Don't Stand For The National Anthem

TV News HQ
@TVNewsHQ
Fox’s Chris Wallace: "In our interview last week with President Trump, he questioned whether his opponent Joe Biden could handle a similar encounter. Well, we asked the Biden campaign for an interview and they said the former VP was not available. We'll keep asking every week.”

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics