ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags FOTL , Freeman on the Land , Rob Menard

Old 16th November 2016, 12:31 PM   #3561
arayder
Graduate Poster

Thanks for the correction, phiwum. I also have wasted a few hours here and there over the years looking at car wrecks.

But seriously, I think the interesting thing left to talk about regarding sovcit/freemanism is what the next iteration of the mindset might be. A few Canadian freemen have "lit out for the territories" and are living in RV campers, or isolated cabins. It's not for everybody, but it may be the next thing.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2016, 12:42 PM   #3562
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by arayder View Post
Thanks for the correction, phiwum. I also have wasted a few hours here and there over the years looking at car wrecks.

But seriously, I think the interesting thing left to talk about regarding sovcit/freemanism is what the next iteration of the mindset might be. A few Canadian freemen have "lit out for the territories" and are living in RV campers, or isolated cabins. It's not for everybody, but it may be the next thing.
It'll be interesting to see what impact, if any, Trump being in office will have on the movement.
Old 16th November 2016, 01:08 PM   #3563
arayder
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
It'll be interesting to see what impact, if any, Trump being in office will have on the movement.
There is a populist/nationalist movement going on in many places.

Here in the states a core of Trump supporters are so deeply cynical that I can't see them being anything but deeply disappointed when the Trump agenda gets heavily modified by the House, Senate and the courts.

It could be that the next wave of deeply anti-government types will trace their roots to what they see as failed nationalistic movements.

There are several freemen and sovcits gurus who are so terribly racist. I'd hate to see them get in the same room with a bunch of disappointed nationalists.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories